Udrive is the largest car sharing platform in the Middle East. We pioneered the concept in the region and have continued to provide the best experience amongst our peers. We are in rapid expansion and are looking for a bright, successful and determined individual who has the experience to take the companies vision forwards into the next 5 years.
Our next 5 years journey not only includes regional and global aspirations; we are building the next generation of mobility services to change the way people use vehicles
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer for our Core Team. The Core team is responsible for the platform comprising multiple microservices which drive Udrive, from onboarding to billing.
As a Full Stack Engineer (Node.js) you...
- will work with a cross-functional agile team on the backend systems that power our platform
- are somebody who is familiar with state of the art technology and development stack and best-practices, you have the option to contribute to the technology strategy and roadmap of the team
- significantly contribute with your day to day work and deliverables to the overall success of our product
- contribute to an engineering culture where developers enjoy working and keep learning
- You have close contact with our product and QA team and help them troubleshoot, debug, and maintain a high quality of our product
- You have a track record in building web applications in agile environments.
- You have experience using any frontend frameworks like Vue.js, React or Angular
- You have experience in test-driven development
- You have very good knowledge of Git, development workflow automation and CI. Continuous Delivery is in our DNA.
- You have an appreciation for great user experience as much as for awesome tech architecture
- You are great at communicating with people, motivating everyone and getting the whole team on the same page
- Fluency in English
The most important one: willingness to learn. We are constantly learning new things and we enjoy it a lot. We don't expect to find people experienced in all of them. If you are excited about our tech-stack and you think you are a fast learner, do not hesitate to apply!
● 3+ years of experience in NODEJS development.
● Experience in design, development, and deployment of the
● Knowledge of Restful Web-Services, JSON, HTTP, Networking
● Knowledge of MVC architecture.
● Good to Have: Laravel, Express, AWS
● Basic understanding of HTML, CSS
- 3+ years’ experience under your belt developing performance-critical applications that run in a production environment using Node.Js
- Expertise in Database modeling, preferably relational DB, spotting DB bottlenecks, and writing optimized DB queries.
- Expertise in common Cloud technologies, AWS/GCP Knowledge of CI/CD tools and workflows.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following: NoSQL (especially, but not only Redis), Queueing system experience (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, MSMQ)
- Good stakeholder management skills, with an ability to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- It is good to have knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker and related deployment technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient, and high-quality code.
- Design (LLD & HLD) and architect technical solutions for the business problems of a large-scale system.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- We believe leadership comes through ownership and so we love people who take ownership of their work and lead by example
● You’ve been building scalable backend solutions for web applications.
● You have experience with any of these backend programming languages -- Python,
NodeJS or Java.
● You write an understandable, very high quality, testable code with an eye towards
● You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers,
support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
● You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms,
programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
● You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it
- A good understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming, its challenges, and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience in user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Proficiency in API integrations
- Understanding of fundamental design and architecture principles to scale an application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- A degree in any discipline
- Good communication and team skills
- Ability to listen to the requirements of team members and clients and translate them into great solutions
- Ensuring that micro services are used wherever it makes sense.
- Mentoring team and finding the right balance towards process and documentation.
- Working on interesting technical challenges in a product centric and open-source driven environment.
- Helping set a very high bar on code quality.
- Taking ownership of product features from conception to implementation, testing deployment and support.
- Working on open source as much as possible, and blogging about cool things that he/ she learnt and built.
- Helping define who we become as a company.
- Getting stock options in line with Silicon Valley standards.
What you need to have:
- Any engineering graduate
- 4 to 10 years of experience in building app architecture
- The role requires a good knowledge of Algorithmic Design and Architecture, Data structures, OOPS Concepts, serverless architectures and complex problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Full stack CTO
- Must have worked as backend lead
- Ownership - A lot of freedom on when and where you work from - just get stuff done.