Peppo is a fair food ordering utility. It helps restaurants manage both the demand and the delivery sides of their business, on the cloud.
Peppo is a seed funded startup, developed by the team at First WalkIn Technologies. Founded in 2015, our incredible team of engineers, programmers, designers, data scientists and marketing experts have worked tirelessly to bring digital transformation solutions to iconic F&B brands such as Cafe Coffee Day, McDonald's, Pizza Hut and Domino's.
Now we've set out to bring the same expertise to all restaurants, big and small, so they can compete on fair terms in an increasingly digital world.
We are looking for an experienced Front-end Software Engineer with first-rate programming skills to join our retail platform team. In this role, you’ll be making some of the most significant decisions for the company. You need to have strong problem solving capabilities, be a team player and have great communication skills. You also need to be goal-oriented, have the ability to understand the core architecture and take up responsibility of product feature development. You must be a highly technical, hands-on developer with passion for producing high standard and robust code.
- Collaborate with the design/business teams and develop software meeting product requirements, with lead responsibility for different features in the product.
- Responsible for communicating and reporting to the tech lead.
- Code new features as well as maintain existing features.
- Participate in technical design and architecture reviews.
- Write technical documentation.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Prototype and/or redesign features.
- Fix bugs.
We offer a friendly, casual, collaborative working environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented. Our small office is in a great space in Bangalore. Due to the COVID situation, we are committed to having a fully remote engagement.
Skills and Requirements
We are looking at your experience not just in terms of the years you’ve clocked but the aptitude to get things done. Here’s the skills that your job would entail, so please make sure you highlight the following in any capacity you have demonstrated - professional, freelance or hobbyist.
- Good to have an overall 3+ years of software development experience.
- Expertise with modern JS libraries/frameworks at least one of these JS frameworks - React.JS, Vue, AngularJS, NextJS
- Experience with testing frameworks, practices and processes.
- Demonstrated skills in developing, releasing, and maintaining high quality web applications.
- Solid experience on REST APIs, JSON, Test Driven Development (TDD) and standards.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently or in a team.
- GraphQL experience is an added bonus
- Small team with an opportunity to have a steep learning curve.
- Have a meaningful impact on end customers and sellers on their experience with digital tools.
- Work on redefining the e-commerce experience by building cooperatives for the micro-services era. This makes Peppo a perfect home for those looking to pursue compassionate capitalism.
- Train under a diverse and accomplished set of team leads, mentors and investors who have worked in government and big tech.
- Holistic development guaranteed as you will grow in an environment that prizes lateral thinking allowing you to supplement your core responsibilities with additional functions.
- Competitive compensation and flexibility to work from anywhere since Peppo uses the best of productivity tools.
Our Preferred Resume Format
- Polished resume with list of projects clearly listed (with responsibilities you held)
- Links to interesting projects that you worked on (professional, freelance or hobbyist)
- Blogs written and any other public contributions you made
Our Interview Process
- Resume evaluation: We will screen all incoming CVs and invite candidates for next round, fitting our job profile description.
- Case study: If you are one of the shortlisted candidates, you will be sent a case study to solve.
- Phone screening: we will follow up with a phone screening round for better understanding of the CV, technical proficiency, experience etc.
- F2F Round(s): The next round is a direct face-to-face discussion over a video call.
Peppo is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, caste, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical disability, mental well-being, or age. Our code of conduct reflects the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our diversity for that truly makes us create products that cater to the world.
Here’s a few resources for you to understand Peppo landscape:
The simplest way to think of Peppo is that it is a backend for restaurants that takes them online, not on just one channel but on all of them. App publishers that integrate with Peppo, will see every restaurant that uses Peppo and can enable food ordering through their own front-end. On the fulfilment side, Peppo allows restaurants to plug into an aggregated delivery fleet on which it helps restaurants choose between various providers to optimise between delivery costs and performance. Read more about:
- The Peppo Mission - Our Website - https://www.peppo.co.in/
About Peppo Technologies Private Limited
Frontend Engineer - React.js
About the Job:-
We are looking for a competent Frontend Engineer to join our growing company. You will be working on transmuting ongoing production-level enterprise projects into functional and appealing interactive applications.
If you have got a knack for creating a user-friendly product and are eager to learn trending tech with a growing company while enhancing your entrepreneur mindset, then we are looking for you. We hope you are as tech-savvy as us and are hungry for challenging projects.
Experience required - 1+ year
Job Type - Full time (Remote)
- Communicating with the client for day to day activity
- Gather and understand the technical requirement of the client
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Developing and implementing front-end architecture to support user interface concepts.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Collaborate with back-end engineers and web designers
- Stay up-to-date on arising technologies
- React.js, Redux
- HTML, CSS
- Bootstrap or Tailwind or Material UI
Good to Have
- SSR - Next.js
- Gatsbby (SSG)
- Hooks/Flux/context API
- SASS or SCSS
- knowledge of Deployment process
- Positive work environment
- Remote work option
- Encourage and sponsor for learning and development programs
- Chance to work with advance technology
- Opportunity to reveal hidden talent
Role Summary: Front-end Developer who would contribute towards building a highly flexible and scalable front-end by bringing deep core technology expertise.
- Ensure proper offline access using service workers and PWA
- Develop components which are SEO friendly
- Have experience in server-side rendering
- Drive evolution of application performance
- Ensure project scalability by having good project architecture
- Good experience in HTML5, CSS3, JS
- React native
- Redux exposure
- Have handled service workers and PWA caching and updates
- CSS pre-processors knowledge like sass
- Knowledge of webpack, parcel, grunt etc.
-Knowledge of pre-processors like SASS/LESS, CSS-Modules.
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts (Gulp / Grunt)
-Have an eye for good UI/UX, Progressive Web Apps, Responsive Design
-Interested in writing code, actively experimenting along with learning new things.
Individual applying to the role should ideally have the following attributes
- 2+ years of experience
-Passionate about Frontend Development and continually follow the platform & innovations
-Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
-Interested in working on fast-paced
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure.
similar frameworks is required.
• Knowledge of RESTful services, especially NodeJS is required
• Experience in TypeScript, Git, and unit tests is required
• Proficiency with Object-Oriented design principles and working knowledge of Linux OS.
• Ability to articulate and quickly adopt development best practices.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Willingness to work as a member of a team, including participating in peer code reviews
and maintaining project and operational documentation.
• Ability to work as part of a geographically diverse team
• Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
• B. Tech or M. Tech in Computer Science or equivalent
You will be responsible to ensure seamless user interaction with our products and aim to enhance this on a daily basis. Our tightly knit engineering team works on a wide range of cutting-edge products. If you know what it takes to build magical user experiences and consider performance to be the key feature of your app, this is definitely the right place for you.
→ Developing new user facing features using ReactJS
→ Building reusable components and frontend libraries for future use
→ Translating UI/UX design wireframes into high quality code that will produce visual elements
of the application
→ Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web capable
devices and browsers
→ Create unit, scenario, integration sanity test etc. if required
→ Write documentation for your code
→ Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop,
and optimizing output to match the specific platform
→ Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Strong command in ReactJS / Redux
Knowledge of different performance optimisation techniques
Knowledge of handling asynchronous behaviour using Redux Saga/Thunk
Knowledge of using RESTful APIs with error handling
Fundamental knowledge of a better user experience
Familiarity with code versioning tools GIT
Good problem-solving skills
GOOD TO HAVE:
Familiarity with different design patterns and functional programming
Experience in any open source project
Experience with any CSS frameworks such as Semantic UI/Bootstrap/Material UI
Gurgaon / Gurugram
Objective of the position:
Drive new / existing product development initiatives
• 3+ years’ experience in Angular 2-8 (Angular 8 experience is preferred)
• 3+ years’ experience in React.JS, Node.JS.
• 3+ years’ experience of HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, Bootstrap, jQuery, RESTServices & API‘s.
• 3+ years’ experience in designing responsive Web Application and Website.
• 3+ years’ experience in cross-browser development
• Experience in Rx.js will be a plus.
• Ability to simultaneously work on and manage multiple tasks within the same assignment and prioritize effectively.
• Highly motivated individual with ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong analytical ability to create innovative solutions, logical and problem-solving approach on complex issues.
• Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe suite
• Knowledge of content management system and e-commerce platforms, automation tools like Grunt & Gulp
• Knowledge of Scrum development and DevOps
• Good time management, interpersonal and communication skills, team player.
• Familiarity with version control management system (e.g. git)
As a front-end developer, you will be responsible for:
• Creating user-friendly web & app pages
• Build high quality mockups and design prototypes
• Optimize web applications for maximum speed
• Design mobile based features
Academic Qualifications: BE / B. Tech / MCA
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience. Incumbent should have had prior experience of working on new solutions, technologies, creating architecture.
Job description – Front End Developer