Ever wondered what it would be like to be a part of the core team of Airbnb or Netflix when they were just starting out? Here’s your chance to try that path with Ohana!
We are looking for a founding engineer to join our team.
Who we are
Ohana is an E-learning platform for holistic learning. We are an angel-funded early stage startup backed by some of the marquee angel investors from India and Singapore. Our investors include Vivek HR (co-founder and CEO, Bounce), Tanushree Gupta (co-founder and CEO, Doubtnut), Jagmal Singh (CTO, Janio Asia) to name a few!
Check us out at https://ohana.academy!
“Creativity is as important as literacy” - Sir Ken Robinson
With this belief, Ohana is building the world's largest holistic learning academy. Our product offering:
The Classroom: Offering live online classes on arts, crafts, linguistics, yoga, dance and many more subjects
The Playground: Enabling social learning - a community for kids to find peers with similar interests
India has 250Mn kids in the K12 segment. However, except the top 0.1%, most parents can’t find high-quality and affordable holistic learning for their kids. Fortunately, 140Mn kids are now connected to the digital world with 4G access. We want to leverage this new connectivity and bridge the gap in children's overall development with Ohana.
Where are we in our journey
Team: We are a team of two co-founders (Saurabh and Suyash), both IIT Delhi alums with over a decade of experience each in leading consumer businesses. We have a total of 15 people team including 4 engineers (currently outsourced)
Customers: Over the last couple of months, we have grown to 5,000+ registered users and aim to reach 10K+ paid users and 1 Mn+ community strength in the next 12 months.
Young, inspired, and focused - We are ready for take-off!
- “Mission-driven” is not a buzzword for us. We care deeply about the impact we want to create on kid’s lives and we want to exemplify the value of “no child left behind”
- Be inclusive - We are creating a product that is accessible and affordable. We want to solve this not just for Bangalore and Mumbai, but for Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur as well
- Not just customer obsessed - we also care about their well-being. We are willing to compromise profits - but will not resort to unethical sales tactics or compromise on product quality
- Our team cares about a strong culture and respects our code of conduct
Why work for us
- We have global ambitions - Holistic education is a $75Bn global market, with India alone contributing more than $10Bn. Apart from salary compensation, you get a piece of the pie (equity) of a potentially billion-dollar organization
- You will have exposure to building large, scalable systems and will be mentored by people who have done the same for millions of users
- You will have exposure to starting up / entrepreneurship (ever feel like you want to build a startup?) owning end to end consumer tech product which impacts the life of thousands of students/parents on daily level
We are based out of Bengaluru and work from an office. We encourage working from office, but are completely ok if you would like to work remotely until things return to normal.
Expectations from the role
- You will work closely with the founding team and a small team of engineers, currently outsourced, in a fast-paced environment.
- You will work as a tech lead and will be responsible for architecting the new features as well as improving the existing codebase. You will be expected to have a high degree of ownership and responsibility for deliverables.
- You will wear a product hat as and when required and help in shaping the product.
- You will provide technical mentorship to other engineers in the team and will lead a team of junior engineers.
- You should be able to deal with ambiguity, have strong bias towards action, ability to deep dive whenever required and quickly deliver to unblock the team
Preferred experience and competencies
- You are a software engineer with 4+ years of industry experience.
- Professional experience with at least one web dev framework (ReactJS or Django/Python)
- Professional experience with one or more (SQL or NoSQL) databases.
- A stint in a product company or a startup or any similar faced paced environment is preferable.
- Experience working with cloud infra providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure etc.) is preferable.
- Strong proficiency in REST API
About Ohana academy
Quoality- A Modern Operating Infrastructure for Hospitality Businesses to help them improve the guest experience and generate additional revenue.
Launched in 2021, Quoality is a Hospitality Tech company backed by a US-based Newchip Accelerator. Our mission is to equip businesses with the tools they need to grow.
By providing tools, insights, and education with minimal effort on the business's part, the barrier to making actionable business decisions is lowered dramatically. Everything we do is driven by this mission. Everything we do needs to positively answer the question, "Does this help businesses grow?"
🙋♀️ The role & what we are looking for?
Oh, this is our favorite part. We’ve seen companies that write 'templatized' BS for this section; stuff that’s never followed in reality.
Not us. Here are some of our core values to give you a sense of who we are as a team:
- First and foremost, we’re super transparent. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing, and the whole shebang.
- We’re all super chill.
- Work time ain’t playtime. We take our work very seriously. We’re a small bunch on a mission to change the guest experience in the hospitality industry, once and for all.
- Deadlines are a thing for us. We are super punctual.
- We know what we are working on and aren’t clueless.
- We’re more friends than colleagues.
- Monthly 1:1s with the founders where you can directly share & receive feedback.
Not convinced yet? Okay, here’s the fun stuff:
- Flexible leave policy. Yeah, it’s truly flexible. We trust you.
- We have a flexible remote work policy in India. Work from the beautiful beaches of Goa or the stunning mountains of Manali, we’re all good.
- Annual workstations at exotic destinations. Subject to change and hitting milestones.
- Allowances to choose your coworking space (if you want), courses & any tool that you think is beneficial to succeed in this role.
📄 The role & what we are looking for:
- Write code that will impact the businesses of thousands of hotels, hostels, and vacation homes across the globe.
- Collaborate with Frontend to spec, write, test, and deploy API endpoints.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs that work on our data pipelines.
- Build all support infrastructure to scale our data delivery pipelines - endpoints, security, logging, messaging.
- Product development activity includes data querying from our various stores, real-time analytics, ML algorithms.
- Developing & Integrating of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Brainstorm features with the product team and guides decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase.
- Take full ownership of the module starting from architectural and design decisions to shipping.
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, communicate as much as you can, and have fun.
- Upto years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have a good understanding of multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of NodeJs and Express frameworks.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- You have basic understanding of relational databases as well as key-value databases and are capable of designing scalable database models based on the product requirements.
- Familiarity with REST API development standards, protocols (HTTP, WebSockets and more)
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done.
- You are open to learning new stuff and avoid internal politics. (super important).
- You are humble, kind, and are open to feedback.(super duper important).
- Entrepreneurial spirit, Product Thinker, and ‘Can-Do' attitude.
- Passionate about leveraging technology for supporting product delivery in the Hospitality space.
- Operating style suited to working in a startup environment, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage multiple assignments at a time.
🤙 What's the interview process like?
Yes, we do have a process, and it’s simple.
- Step 1: You apply for the job.
- Step 2: Quick intro call with the founders.
- Step 3: Solve an assignment.
- Step 4: A round where we evaluate your assignment along with you.
- Step 5: One round of interviews to gauge if you are a good culture fit.
- Step 6: Job Offer (contingent on the above steps).
- Step 7: Welcome to the Quoality! 🙂
So, think we’re a good fit? Then let’s roll.🤘
Classplus is India's largest B2B ed-tech start-up, enabling 1 Lac+ educators and content creators to create their digital identity with their own branded apps. Starting in 2018, we have grown more than 10x in the last year, into India's fastest-growing video learning platform.
Over the years, marquee investors like Tiger Global, Surge, GSV Ventures, Blume, Falcon, Capital, RTP Global, and Chimera Ventures have supported our vision. Thanks to our awesome and dedicated team, we achieved a major milestone in March this year when we secured a “Series-D” funding.
Now as we go global, we are super excited to have new folks on board who can take the rocketship higher🚀. Do you think you have what it takes to help us achieve this? Find Out Below!
What will you do?
- Connect the dots between business goals and consumer problems through product development
- Solve the most challenging problem of scaling and business logic
- Design and develop services using test driven development with near 100% code coverage
- Develop and deploy services continuously using CI/CD on a daily basis
- Identify and own meaningful metrics for success and move them dramatically.
- Prepare and present management updates on key initiatives. Communicate clearly at all levels in the organization.
- Conduct multivariate experiments to constantly validate hypotheses and bash all the myths
You should apply, if you
- Display expertise: Have strong proficiency with Nodejs, My SQL, MongoDB and Caching and with code versioning tools, such as Git
- Can improvise: Understand the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Showcase all round knowledge: Understand accessibility, security compliance, user authentication, and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Can simplify: Can integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system. This also includes creating database schemas that represent and support business processes, and can implement unit tests
- Can figure out the basics: Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
Being a Part of the Clan!
At Classplus, you’re not an “employee” but a part of our “Clan”. So, you can forget about being bound by the clock as long as you’re crushing it workwise😎. Add to that some passionate people working with and around you, and what you get is the perfect work vibe you’ve been looking for!
It doesn’t matter how long your journey has been or your position in the hierarchy (we don’t do Sirs and Ma’ams); you’ll be heard, appreciated, and rewarded. One can say, we have a special place in our hearts for the Doers! ✊🏼❤️
Are you a go-getter with the chops to nail what you do? Then this is the place for you.
Come be a part of one of the most exciting e-learning startup! A product based company building a B2C subscription product for kids around the world. Best understood as a combination of Netflix + Skillshare + Instagram for kids of ages 5 - 15, there is going to be something new every week to work on!
Already present in over 148 countries, kids of all backgrounds, languages and ages use DIY.org on website, iOS and Android. DIY is a place online where kids truly discover themselves.
We are looking for a Product Engineer - Senior Backend Engineer to join our early stage startup with experience in building B2C products.
If you have experience of working in product based companies (preferably startups), and are looking to build exciting things that children across the world will use - come talk to us!
What you get to do:
- Design and build advanced applications from scratch keeping scalability and performance in mind
- A good handle on both client and server architecture.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Comfortable in owning large scale products and continuously re-evaluating and innovating.
Who are we looking for:
- Experience of 7+ years across product based companies
- Should have worked on building B2C products. Having experience in building edtech products would be a major plus.
- Should be an avid programmer with great problem solving skills.
- Should have a great grasp over NodeJs/Typescript/ AWS microservices/DB design/System Design.
- Should have experience in building scalable server-side systems. Should have significant experience in cloud infrastructure and designing databases.
- Should have knowledge of software architecture, system thinking and design patterns.
Striving for excellence is in our DNA.
We are more than just specialists; we are experts in agile software development with a keen focus on Cloud Native D3 (Digital, Data, DevSecOps. We help leading global businesses to imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world.
Tech stack we are looking for:
- Databases/Systems: MySQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
Notice- Only Immediate to 15/20 days joiners
If you are exploring for opportunities to get a better work exposure & to get a chance to work for scalable products. Kindly go through the job description below & apply if you seem fit for this role.
𝗧𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 :
𝗥𝗼𝗹𝗲𝘀 & 𝗥𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀:
" 𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗴𝗿𝗶𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘀".
-Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
-Main focus on coding and debugging
-Collaborate with Front-end developers
-Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
-Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
-Troubleshoot and debug applications
-Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
-Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
-Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
-Follow new and emerging technologies
𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲: 2+ years.
𝗟𝗼𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: Patna / Work from Home
𝗦𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗿𝘆: As per market standards
Job Title: Ruby on Rails - Developer / Technical Lead
About the Company:
We are a Data as a Service company that helps businesses harness the power of data. Our technology fuels some of the most interesting big data projects in the world. We are a small bunch of people working towards shaping the imminent data-driven future by solving some of its fundamental and toughest challenges.
The experience is about striving to become the best version of ourselves holistically, an experience that lasts a lifetime. We tend to have clear growth paths for every role and level in the org so the learning never stops. We believe in a work-life blend, and hence encourage responsible flexibility, which is particularly important in a fully remote setup we have. We trust our people with the impact they can create, and let them choose how they want to do so. We are on a mission to put reliable data at the heart of every business to fuel success and intend to transform the lives we touch (of our customers and our people) while on this journey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leading development projects end to end in all stages of the iterative product development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to testing.
Break down problem statements and come up with a scalable design, implementation plan, test plan and execute them with the team on promised timelines.
Being a strong advocate for object-oriented design and guide/coach other team members with best practices on Development and QA
Collaborate with different teams and own up technical initiatives, bringing in new tools and technologies that help us in strengthening scalability, security, and maintainability of our codebase.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Hands-on experience with modern Ruby on Rails practices and development.
Write highly scalable and maintainable code while keeping agility in mind.
Experience with SQL Databases and NoSQL datastores; with previous experience with MySQL and ElasticSearch being a bonus
Substantial experience with BDD or TDD and testing frameworks
Experience in Linux environment and basic Linux commands.
Awareness/experience in setting up and configuring rails applications and other related services is a big plus – eg: Nginx, puma, Redis.
Awareness/experience in any one of the modern front-end frameworks Angular, Ember, React, Vue.
A high-performance mindset to deliver good quality code and also an understanding of the product with a keen attention to detail.
Great communication, particularly in explaining your coding processes, suggestions for best practices, and identifying ways to improve the team's coding quality.
Years of Experience:
1 - 6 Years
Skills: ROR, RUBY ON RAILS
An environment where each employee is celebrated.
A one-time home office setup allowance, monthly allowances for internet bills, child care allowance for new mothers/single parents.
Half-yearly performance appraisals
Flexible working hours
• Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in Ruby on Rails
• Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle
• Design, build and own key technology decisions and implementations
• Be an evangelist for Rails and software engineering best practices
• Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
• Work in an agile environment with quick iterations
What we are looking for?
• 2+ years of overall web development experience
• 2+ years experience in developing scalable and robust web applications using Ruby on Rails
• Experience with collaborative code development in small agile teams and managing releases (Git, Continuous Integration, Capistrano)
• Highly proficient in the data structure, algorithms, design patterns, and databases
• Ability to collaborate with other developers and handle the entire software development cycle
• Passion to write beautiful and scalable code
• A disciplined approach to development, documentation, and code structure
• Experience building internal and external APIs and RESTful web services
• Experience in delivering products and services in a high growth, startup environment
What you will be Doing
- You will abstract away complex data interactions with easy-to-use APIs that will power several mobile and web applications.
- You will also own, scale, and maintain the computational and storage infrastructure for the various micro-services and long-running jobs, designed and implemented by you and the team.
- We will look to you to make key decisions on the technology stack, architecture, networking, and security. We love working with bleeding-edge technology, especially if it improves the malleability, and simplicity of our deliverables.
What you need
- The ideal Backend Engineers are polyglots who are fluent in HTTP and core CS concepts such as algorithms, data structures, and programming paradigms, and always pick the right tools for the right job.
- They have a keen eye for common security vulnerabilities and how to act on them (example: DDOS attacks, SQL Injection etc.).
- They understand what it takes to work in a startup environment and know when to trade performance for simplicity.
- They fail fast, learn faster, and execute in time.
- Strong communication skills, get-things-done attitude, and empathy
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and obsessive attention to detail.
- Comfortable with iterative development practices and code reviews
- Previous experience as part of a product-oriented team is a plus
Koa, Express, Play (frameworks)
Asynchronous Programming Frameworks (Akka, Nodejs, Tornado)
MongoDB, postgres, Bigtable, Dynamo (databases)
Apache Kafka, NATS, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ (queues)
FunctionalProgramming, FRP (functional reactive)
microservices, multi-tenant, distributed-systems, distributed-computing, event-sourcing
Good to have Skillsets:
Apache Kafka, NATS
FunctionalProgramming, FRP (functional reactive)
Why you should consider this role seriously?
- We have an audacious vision of helping companies fight counterfeiting and managing their supply chain more efficiently
- We have built a product and solved problems for some of the largest brands in the country and tested platform at scale (With our tags present in over 50 Million products already). We have plans to grow 10x in the next 1 year
- Ownership of key problems. Fast-paced environment
- We are a well-balanced team of experienced entrepreneurs and are backed by top investors across India and the Silicon Valley (Venture Highway, Startup Buddy etc.)
- Competitive market salary
- Opportunity to work directly with the CEO, COO, CTO of the company
- A chance to interact with top-notch executives from multiple industries
- Open vacation policy (and we really mean it!)
- Open Pantry
- As a team, we love to travel :). An off-site every quarter
Planning to Apply? Consider this:
Make sure you go through this section very carefully before applying. Here are the most crucial aspects on which we evaluate on:
1: FIT: “We’re on a crusade for something greater than any one of us”!
We are a tight-knit team that works and plays together where ‘fit’ is the most important point that you need to keep in mind while evaluating us- we will be spending a majority of our time together, in office, on calls, even weekends (sometimes) so you’ll really need to assess whether this is the right place for YOU to be in. Are you able to relate to or feel passionate about the problems we’re solving?
2: INTENT: “You won’t just be working with us, you would be investing in us!”
‘Why’ do you want to work with us? Why an early stage startup? Why Original4Sure? We are an industrious team, working tirelessly to achieve our goals so the work hours will be long and with it will come with a steep learning curve. Joining an early stage startup also means you’ll be asked to take on new things with little guidance and you’ll have to figure stuff out on your own, and in doing so, help shape the future of the company. Does that sound scary, exciting, both?
3: CAPABILITY: “Get work done!”
As long as you are working as hard as you can and giving it your best all day, every day, we will get along just fine. No one ever built one of the most valuable businesses in the World without the core team having to make a few sacrifices along the journey. It could be lesser time spent with your family or loved ones or finding lesser time to do to watch TV shows! But that's a call you need to make.