Are you passionate about using technology to make people's lives better? Are you interested in becoming a part of one of the hottest trends in the world of start-ups today? Are you excited about joining the online ultra-fast grocery delivery service business pioneer and driving the trend forward? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead over a product in the Technology department.
- Self-sufficiently lead the software development lifecycle: technical design, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring.
- Work with cross-functional teams effectively to enable business growth.
- Recruit, train, retain, and simply make Blok a great yet challenging place to work for the people in your team.
- Mentor team, resulting in trickle-down happiness and efficiency.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a managerial position in a technology company.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled, and maintained production services, and know-how to compose a service-oriented architecture. You’ll lead by example by executing when necessary.
- Bias towards action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while still making sure that products are built in a sustainable, responsible way. You embrace the agile software development mindset.
- Hiring prowess. You're a strong leader who can attract talent around the world, raising the bar for excellence. You retained, mentored, and hired senior engineers and managers with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Mentorship. You know that the most important part of your job is setting the team up for success. Through motivating, mentoring, teaching, and reviewing, you help other specialists make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality, and get out of their comfort zone.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with others at all levels within the organization. You have experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity.
- Dedication. You care tremendously about keeping the experience consistent for users. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope.
- Experience within our tech-stack (Microservices, Node.js, Java, React, MongoDB, Kotlin, Swift, Redis, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, WebSockets, etc.)
Who You Are
- Passionate about technology and making an impact.
- A perpetual learner, who stretches their boundaries and enjoys new ideas.
- A doer who takes initiative regardless of boundaries empowers their teams and works well in a cross-functional set-up.
- Expertise in core java
- Strong skills in algorithms, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Strong skills in designing scalable web systems
- Experience in working on REST services and libraries like spring and hibernate
- Experience in writing complex queries and understanding of database concepts and configurations (MySQL)
- Understanding of design patterns.
- Experience in micro services architecture will be a plus.
Good to have:
- Experience in third party integrations.
This role requires a person to drive the engineering of a set of products by aligning with business and product stakeholders, and building and upskilling a team to aid in this.
The responsibilities include:
Business and product alignment and engineering planning
- Work closely with business and product stakeholders to understand and align with product
initiatives and iterations.
- Help shape the engineering requirement by aligning with the product manager and fleshing out
concepts and user flows.
- Formalize product requirements into roadmaps and sprints.
Product and system development
- Drive high level modeling and design for projects, also focusing on non-functional aspects,
including but not limited to database design, communication protocols, deployment systems, etc.
- Drive adoption of design frameworks like domain driven design, clean architecture, etc.,
resulting in a robust layered architecture.
- Drive good code review practices, using the review process as a mentoring tool to upskill
- Ensure test coverage of systems, partly through unit and integration testing, and partly through
blackbox testing by collaborating with the Quality Assurance team, via good testing practices.
- Drive the execution of the project by delegating tasks effectively.
- Resolve blockers through technical expertise, negotiation and delegation.
- Estimate timelines and ensure adherence to them through effective sync-ups and course
- Formulate SLAs and oversee their adherence for the various systems, effectively tracking issues
and performance inefficiencies.
- Performance monitoring and optimization for systems.
- Drive technical re-design, remodeling and refactoring of systems for robustness and sustainability.
- Typically manage a team of 3 - 6 members and a portfolio of 3 - 6 products.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their career growth paths and train them.
- Recruit members into the team by collaborating effectively with the recruitment team
- Web application frameworks : Ktor, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, AWS Lambda
- Datastores : PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift
- Communication : HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server management : Amazon ECS, Docker
- Design frameworks : Domain Driven Design, Clean Architecture, Layered Architecture
- You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
- Product sectors include:
- Growth : You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry best driver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead management models.
- Lifecycle Management : Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience : You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment : As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools include allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions : You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimisation tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
- Software engineering experience: 7-9 years
- Experience managing a technical team of at least 3 people
- Exposure to consumer facing products
- Strong technical background and ability to contribute to design and review
- Familiarity with our tech stack or an analogous tech stack
- Backend engineering exposure for the last 4 year
Description of the Role:
Looking an experienced software development leader, an executive who can step in
and lead our fast growing, dynamic engineering team, deliver timely product releases to the market, and execute the roadmap which promises to make this product the leader in its space.
The individual will need to take decisions in all facets to achieve the goal of delivering a
world class product. These decisions would be related to recruitment of right talent, using
appropriate development methodologies, and creating the proper organizational structure,
driving performance, with the right agility and quality driving product leadership.
This person will keep abreast of technology trends, standards, and stakeholders which will
further enhance adoption and market share of company, and work in tandem with the other
members of the executive team as well to further define our roadmap and deliver against it.
This person should have the ability to bridge technology with business acumen, bring
experience in developing vertical SaaS Enterprise applications, and develop and sustain a
culture of passion, hard-work, and innovation that will make company the place to be for
anyone interested in developing Hospitality industry’s leading SaaS Products.
This role has a responsibility for the overall engineering, testing, and delivery for our entire
SaaS based Product lines for the hospitality industry. The current products are made on a
variety of web/mobile technologies. Our production environment is spread across multiple
datacenters in multi-zonal setup with high availability, failover mechanisms that are in a
highly secured environment.
Technology stacks on which our products are developed:
PHP, Java, MongoDB, Postgres, Node JSP, AWS SQS, Apache, Angular, Jquery, YUI
1.0, MYSQL 5.6, GIT, Load Balancer HAProxy, Rabbit MQ, Active MQ, Qing
● Providing overall strategy and technology direction for the development of applications
and communication infrastructure supporting the Company’s solutions.
● Strategic planning for all product development efforts to include the subsequent testing,
release and production environment needs.
● Overseeing all activities of the development groups (development, QA, and application
● Planning the overall architecture of our products and support infrastructure including
day-to-day operations in conjunction with other teams such as IT, Support Operations,
Product and Marketing.
● Adopting process-based working for every aspect of development and with other teams.
● Establishing departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
● Staying abreast of new technologies and issues in the software-as-a-service industry
including current technologies, platforms, standards, and methodologies, and keeping
products risk free by not using technologies that are facing end of life.
● Recruiting, managing and continuously developing through leadership and collaborative
team building a world-class team of technology professionals viewed as the leader in the
● Participating in the strategic business, product planning process and budgets for the
● Being an active spokesperson and evangelist both internally and externally by
communicating and promoting the Company’s technology vision and solutions
● Ensuring the knowledge sharing of engineering best practices across departments; and
developing and monitoring technical standards to ensure adherence to them.
● Previous senior leadership roles in product development and engineering for high growth
product companies along with leadership of development teams with great product
● Proven experience as a leader in developing, deploying, and supporting software as a
service/platform as a service solution to global enterprises.
● Proven ability to recruit the talented developers and provide them with a vision and
working environment to develop world-class applications while instituting compelling
performance measurements that continually drive transparency and improved
● Experience in working with Product teams and contributing towards product roadmap.
● Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
● Experience in Agile development methodology
● Experience in multiple web and mobile technologies
● Experience in a multi-product, multi-application development environment
● Experience with globally distributed teams and business partners
● Experience in managing both mainstream development and R&D activities
● Experience in development with open source technologies
● Experience in building and maintaining applications that are mission critical for
● BE/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related fields
● 12+ years of product engineering experience
● Previous senior leadership roles in product development and engineering for high growth
● Excellent communication skills, strong team player, and the ability to work cross
functionally in a fast-paced, high-productivity start-up environment
BatchService is a fast-growing SaaS company. We offer lead generation and data solutions software, helping more than 10,000 real estate investors, agents, and brokers from small and medium-sized businesses. At BatchService, we help businesses streamline productivity. We understand the challenges growing businesses face. That’s precisely why working at BatchService is so special. Every day, our software allows businesses to focus on what really matters: growing their businesses. BatchService is not your average working experience. It’s more than a job. We have the energy and boldness of a startup, with the expertise and pragmatism of a scale-up. All in one workplace.
Passionate about technology and people? Join the leading real estate software products company to work within our Engineering department to architect, design and build the real estate products SaaS solutions. Cloud Computing, DevOps, Agile Methodologies - you’ve got this, and with your experience you are ready to build designs and systems that solve architectural challenges at scale. As a Senior Architect of Software Development at BatchService, you work with engineering teams, peers, product managers, UX/UI designers, and other tech teams around the globe, to go and get what’s next to power through technology. Working with other amazing people who are passionate about what we are building together means that you are growing every day, and as a leader you are also helping to grow the leaders and technologists of tomorrow.
- Lead strategic conversations with Engineering and Product executives, on attaining key business outcomes via digital maturity and transformation
- Define core operating model of process, data and technology, and design the desired architectural foundations for execution
- Work closely with the product owners and a team of engineers in various domains to define and implement the future state of products for Batchservice
- Drive design decisions to build solutions that are customer grade with focus on Security, Availability, Scalability, Performance and User Experience and minimised technical debt
- Provide Architecture Governance and assurance that the solutions that are delivered are compliant with the approved Architecture.
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help drive knowledge-sharing
- Evaluate the high level requirements and specifications of the system along with its documentation
- Design and develop strategies for efficient infrastructure for software development
- Identify and suggest appropriate software and hardware along with integration techniques
- Ensure smooth functioning of the system following standard procedures and end to end integration points
- 10+ years of Industry experience with a minimum of 5 years as a Solution Architect or Enterprise Architect
- Experience Architecting solutions and building out Target state architectures and roadmaps for medium to large sized organisations
- Deep domain knowledge on what is “best in class” digital experience for Enterprise SaaS products
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence to single handily drive presentations with Executives and Senior leaders in the company
- Experience in designing software architecture for the distributed systems or the cloud systems
- Proven expertise in Domain driven design and Microservices Architecture with a good understanding of DDD, Event driven Architecture, API Management and Messaging systems including Data Streaming and Middleware systems
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong experience with multiple technology stacks: Cloud Dev, PaaS, Web Dev, Frameworks, and/or service-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated strong communications skills; must collaborate and/or influence peers through explanation of facts, policies, and practices
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Hands on skills in architecting and designing applications which are cross platform, cross browser and based on Object oriented design concepts
- Deep end-to-end architecture and technology experience, including front-end, middleware, databases
- Full stack skills with experience in Node, Php, Golang, Angular, React, Redis, Rabbit mq, Mysql, Elastic search, Mongo db, etc
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and experience of working in agile teams
- Hands on skills in CI/CD, DevOps & Test automation and Hands on experience with Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Selenium or similar tools
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or relevant field
At BatchService, we strive to support our employees and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we have other great benefits available
- We care about your Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Mentoring and career development is an important part of our culture
- Work-life balance is extremely important to us
- Be fully remote! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow our employees to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance.
● The candidate will be part of the Engineering leadership team and will help with strategies and execute the product roadmap.
● Work closely with Product and business teams to strategize or design the features and product experiments.
● Lead a team of 15-30 Engineers, develop engineers on the team and help them advance in their careers.
● Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility.
● Ensure resource availability and allocation.
● Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, lead meetings, and set expectations for the project team.
● Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
● Conduct regular 1-1s with the team.
● Scale the technology architecture, team, and product to drive multiple growths in the next 2-3 years.
● Preferably from LAMP/MEAN, stack and good exposure with scalable and distributed systems using microservices.
● Exposure to various cloud hosting environments(Preferably AWS).
● Bachelor's degree required; masters preferred.
● You have managed engineering teams that have a strong record of developing and delivering products.
● Proven working experience as a senior engineering manager in the information technology sector.
● You put a strong emphasis on recruiting and developing your team.
● You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers,
and designers to build them.
● You are deeply technical but prefer to lean on your leadership skills.
● You are a strong communicator who can streamline the flow of information between Engineering and other teams.
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
● You have a curiosity about how things work.
● PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus(Theoretical and practical project management knowledge).
● Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
● A minimum of 8+ IT experience in leading multi-skilled teams involving product, mobile, and web application development & Engineering.
Rakuten, Inc. is one of the world’s leading Internet service companies, providing a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal & media, online marketing and professional sports. Rakuten is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas. Founded in 1997, Rakuten is headquartered in Tokyo, with over 20,000 employees worldwide.
For more information, visit http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/.
If you are:
A leader with vision, loves pushing boundaries, questioning status-quo and thrives on challenging problems.
Passionate technologist, not afraid of scale, complexity and breadth
Loves to create a high-performance culture that exceeds expectations, deliver value and create impact
Detailed oriented individual, who understands nuances of technologies choices and drives best fit solutions.
We’d like to meet you! Expertise:
Expert in Distributed Systems and Cloud technologies
12+ years’ experience, with at least 2-3 years as Engineering Manager / Lead
Hands-on with Java ecosystem, web services architecture, design patterns and frameworks
Experience working with caches, app servers, web containers
Understanding of datastores, Oracle exadata / no sql based
Experience with git or likes
Good understanding of development practices and tools, devops, release engineering and infrastructure management
Experience working on API based SaaS products
Experience with SRE, operational architectures, observability aspects
Deep understanding of Reliability, Availability and Scalability
Hands on experience with complex project management, agile based preferred
Comfortable working with a distributed team
Scoping, planning, and technical architecture reviews
Grow and manage the skills, talent in the organization.
Mentor and lead team(s)
Responsible for day-to-day management of Services development team
Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, and other delivery teams to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects
Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
We are looking for a coding Engineering Manager based in Chennai. This is a new role within the growing Engineering function, where you will be responsible for leading a team of talented professionals, assisting them to deliver complex technical solutions across a range of teams. The successful candidate will be comfortable directing, planning and coordinating the team, as well as developing overall concepts for new and existing products and processes. Reporting into the Head of Engineering for our Chennai team, this role is integral to the successful growth of the team as well as wider company performance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Play the role of a servant leader in helping the team to excel in the areas of ownership and help to continuously raise the bar on performance.
Perform your responsibilities through delegation, empowerment and influence aimed at delivering long term outcomes for the team and business.
Build, manage and grow one or more engineering team(s), foster Agile practices and continuous improvement, enable engineers to build, test, deliver and operate high-level software products across the company
A hands-on technical approach to management, leveraging your software engineering experience to assist product needs and build
Work with our Product, DevOps, and Data Science functions on articulating roadmaps & ensure a high quality and timely implementation to support our mission and help eliminate identity fraud
Join a mission-orientated company, solving real-world fraud and identity based challenges
Facilitate career growth and success for all team members.
What You’ll Bring:
6+ years of demonstrated deep technical design and programming skills (in individual capacity) designing and delivering enterprise grade distributed systems in the following tooling; Web applications (Java/PHP/.NET/Python) or Mobile applications (SDK, Android/iOS)
2+ years prior experience managing one or more Agile engineering team(s); contributing to a track record of building complex and technical products, ideally within a start-up or fast scaling environment
Track record of having managed performance cycles of engineers of varying experience levels directly reporting to you.
Experience with building software with Agility and in conformity to security standards.
Willingness to “roll-up your sleeves and get your hands dirty” when required
Experience delivering and operating complex software solutions - understanding the end-to-end needs of what is involved within this process.
About the role:
Being an Engineering Manager allows you to bring a diverse set of skills all into focus to help us drive growth and impact across the world of Online education / E-Learning.
You will necessarily have a technical background but are now responsible for fundamental product and infrastructure strategies to help us scale from 1 to 100
- Lead a talented team of engineers to build and deliver world-class consumer-facing applications of highly scalable services.
- Partner with Business Product owners as well as senior engineering leaders to create a vision and roadmap for the team.
- Be a Hands-on leader managing projects and day to day activities of the team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Defining and Driving Performance and Availability metrics to measure and meet high operational standards for the services.
- Hiring, mentoring and developing engineers and leaders in the Tech & Engineering organization.
- Ensuring the quality of the engineering efforts are always exceptional by setting up the correct processes and quality control checks for the team to execute within
What we need
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, High-scale / High-traffic applications is a MUST
- Experience with AWS is mandatory while SOA/Microservices with Node.js and Golang is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive engineering teams.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Entrepreneurial drive and have hands-on experience in creating products which solve user's problems
MoEngage is a fast-paced startup that’s helping companies run smart marketing efforts in their effort to reach the customer. We are a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use MoEngage to drive long-term, personalised and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention as well as customer LTV. Sitting at a conflux of diverse technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Web & Mobile platforms, MoEngage technology analyses billions of data points generated by customers and their devices, to predict customer behavior and build marketing campaigns that proactively engage users.
In just four years since inception, MoEngage is working with leading brands across e-commerce, entertainment, travel, publishing and banking domains among others. With marquee clients like Vodafone, Oyo, Airtel, McAfee, MoEngage has over 125+ paying Customers in the Enterprise & Internet companies space in India, US, South East Asia & EU. With a global presence spanning 35 countries, MoEngage has offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Jakarta, and Bengaluru.
Today, MoEngage is an industry pioneer in the space and engages more than 350M devices. This includes approximately 40B events tracked per month, 30B+ messages sent, to millions of users across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build - no micro management
- Work with A players (some of the best talent in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth
- Make in India and build for the world at scale of 350M active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Explore the latest in topics like Data Pipeline, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Samza and share with the team
and more importantly have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
About InApps team
In-app team is responsible for effectively delivering the contextual information to help companies cross-sell/up-sell on specific workflows triggered on desired actions performed by application users. As a member of in-app team, you will be working on developing high performance systems to deliver the contextual campaigns in real time. In addition to real time campaign delivery, you will work on designing a flexible platform to provide customised experience for application users using web personalization, which allows companies to present unique and personalized experiences on their applications.
- Scaling campaign delivery with personalized content to 500M unique users within 1 sec.
- Rich campaign content delivery keeping user experience native to mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven experience with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Hands on in Java OR Python related technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA and other teams
- Performance management, Sprint management, Roadmap, Hiring, Onboarding, Mentoring, Costing, Documenting
At MoEngage, we are passionate about our team and technology - see below to know more about us and technology.
We handle more than a billion messages everyday. Rest assured, you will be surrounded by really smart and passionate people as we scale much more to build a world class technology team.
The Role – Systems Engineering Manager
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the business, the following provides an overview of the role’s key responsibilities and measures:
Lead on the deployment, configuration, integration & support/operations of the product/s; act as part of the scrum team day-to-day
Act as an escalation point for technical solution questions from the team; drive best practice in solution design & ensure these are documented appropriately.
Line manage team members and act as a technical mentor
Develop ways of working within the team to ensure continuous improvement of systems engineering practices – for example, automated deployments, test automation etc
Identify skills gaps within the team and identify appropriate technical/Soft skill training courses
Ensure smooth running of Sprint Retrospectives & foster an open, honest and constructive environment in the engineering team.
Continuous feedback & prioritise tech debt & refactoring/reprioritizing work to Product Management
Identify and encourage automation of repetitive tasks carried out by the team
Identify & advise on product upgrades with Product Management; manage the process of upgrading the product & managing life cycle of the product
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
Experience in managing tools like Appdynamics, Splunk, Runscope and JIRA.
Experience in Cloud technologies Azure/AWS
Experience & understanding of DevOps concepts & CICD
Minimum 4+ years of People Management experience & have contributed towards people development
Has worked in agile framework. Should know at least one of the frameworks of Scrum or Kanban
3+ years’ experience working within a scrum team to deliver change quickly at a global scale
Experience of implementing test automation via front end testing
Experience working with multiple technical teams to deliver new features
Strong understanding of customer support processes (incident management, request management) - ITIL qualification preferred
An ability to learn new technologies & tools rapidly
Has managed multiple teams & their deliveries
Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starter
Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership