Technical skills required:
- 5+ years building enterprise systems
- Worked on one or more large scale applications on Python Django
- Good understanding of distributed systems, scalability, and availability with an understanding of the CAP theorem and its implications for real-world distributed systems
- Understanding of distributed systems like Dynamo, HBase, various messaging and queuing systems and understanding of Time, Clocks, and Ordering of Events, rate control, load distribution
- Good knowledge of one or more relational and NoSQL databases and transactions Shrewd focus on latency and throughput of services
- In-depth understanding of concurrency, synchronization, NIO, memory allocation, and GC
- Experience with IaaS clouds like AWS/Google Cloud, Azure, OpenStack etc.
- Experience in working with Message Brokers and Application Containers
- Ability to detect fraud and risk mitigation
- Code reviews, ensuring that the code follows the best technical practices and design patterns
- Follow best technical practices, incorporate emerging solutions, and employ scalable designs that can be easily adopted
- Architect solutions by mapping customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions
- Experience in working with Agile Methodology
- Regular monitoring and audits of the cloud infrastructure
- Managing System monitoring tools and developing processes for handling crisis situations
- Managing the development team and the support team. Setting processes that will increase the team’s efficiency
- Handling technical and managerial interviews for expansion of the team
Qualification and experience:
- 5+ years of experience working as a full stack engineer with a track record of delivering scalable products
- FinTech experience with Prepaid payment instruments and UPI experience is a big plus
- Machine learning experience would be preferable
You will design and b
uild scalable systems to be used by millions of farmers and agri businesses
You will work on building progressive web apps forked off open source frameworks that work equally well on low end devices, low bandwidth network and even offline
You will work with spatiel imagery data to build maps based solutions for farmers and businesses
We believe in a small and effective team - you will have a say in what to build and then own it
You will lead a team of both Android, web and back end developers
We are paranoid about performance - you will investigate performance scalability bottlenecks and existing queries and / or write new queries with performance optimisation in mind
Identify libraries and technologies that solve our problems and / or worth experimentation
Have 10-15 years of experience in web development including managing a team
Come up with your own and team's goals and dont need heavy direction or check-ins
Have experience in setting up the, full dev workflow - right from Dev, test, build to deployment
Have command over one language, preferably python, else java / JS/ Ruby - including debugging and performance analysis
Have clear understanding of databases - Relational and non relational - their data models and performance trade offs; experience designing database and querying to optimize performance
Have experience in developing webapps with atleast one framework (Django, flask, ROR) etc
Have handson experience with caching techniques and utilities like memcache / Redis
Have experience in implementing and deploying distributed systemes on AWS / GCP et c
Have clear understanding of data structures and algorithms
Showcase your work available in opensource, online courses etc
Since 1988 Quicken has been the top personal management software for millions of consumers. We pioneered a radically easier and faster way for people to manage their household finances. Since then we’ve continued to focus on delighting customers and making the Quicken product and experience better than ever.
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Department: Product Development
Quicken is the #1 personal finance management software with a 30-year heritage of helping millions of individuals and families stay on top of their finances. We are working on a strategy to deliver awesome personal finance experience to our customers across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Web.
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced software development team building the next generation of Quicken Data Platform. The team uses the latest software development technology and tools.
If you are looking to be part of a high-performing team at the heart of a fun, energetic, and innovative company, come join the Quicken Team!
This is an opportunity to be a highly visible and key contributor on a small and passionate team delivering innovative data platform solutions across the company. You’ll help shape and deliver on an aggressive and innovative roadmap in areas key to Quicken’s continued success and growth.
- Senior Data Engineer role is a technical hands-on role. The responsibilities range from being at the vanguard of solving technical problems to venturing into unchartered areas of technologies to solve complex problems.
- Implement, or operate comprehensive data platform components to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, per customer requirements.
- Develop robust data platform components for sourcing, loading, transformation, and extracting data from various sources.
- Build metadata processes and frameworks.
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Maintain standards, such as organization, structure, or nomenclature, for data platform elements, such as data architectures, pipelines, frameworks, models, tools, and databases.
- Implement business rules via scripts, middleware, or other technologies.
- Map data between source systems and data lake
- Ability to be independent and product high quality code on components related to the Data Platform. Should also possess Creativity, Responsibility, and Autonomy.
- Participate in the planning, design, and implementation of features, working with small teams that consist of engineers, product managers, and marketing.
- Demonstrate strong technical talent throughout the organization and engineer products that meet future scalability, performance, security, and quality goals while maintaining a cohesive user experience across different components and products.
- Adopt and share best practices of software development methodology and frameworks used in data platform.
- Passion for continuous learning, experimenting and applying cutting edge technology and software paradigms. Also responsible for fostering this culture across the team.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with data platform technologies and tools
- Extensive experience in Python
- Should be comfortable with using REST APIs
- Experience in at least 2 of the 3 stages of any big data pipeline - data
ingestion/acquisition, data processing/transformation and data visualization
- Experience in database user interface and query software - Structured query language (SQL)
- Experience in one or more structured DBMS along with data modelling – MySQL
- Nice to have working experience in big data processing frameworks like Spark
- Nice to have working knowledge on visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana, Amazon QuickSight
- Nice to have familiarity in AWS EMR, Kinesis, EC2, S3, AWS Glue
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across different time zones
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written whether in-person or virtual
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Amazing culture, strong believers in Autonomy/Mastery/Purpose
- Customer-driven, we make money by building the best products for our users. No confusion about how to win – build amazing products!
- Ability to work with and learn from some incredible talent
- Highly recognizable brand
Job Location: Chennai
The Engineering Org is looking for a proficient Engineering Manager to join a team that is building exciting
and futuristic Data Products at Condé Nast to enable both internal and external marketers to target
audiences in real time. As an Engineering Manager, you will drive the day-to-day execution of technical
and architectural decisions. EM will own engineering deliverables inclusive of solving dependencies
such as architecture, solutions, sequencing, and working with other engineering delivery teams.This role
is also responsible for driving innovation, prototyping, and recommending solutions. Above all, you will
influence how users interact with Conde Nast’s industry-leading journalism.
● Primary Responsibilities
● Manage a high performing team of Software and Data Engineers within the Data & ML
Engineering team part of Engineering Data Organization.
● Provide leadership and guidance to the team in Data Discovery, Data Ingestion, Transformation
● Utilizing product mindset to build, scale and deploy holistic data products after successful
prototyping and drive their engineering implementation
● Provide technical coaching and lead direct reports and other members of adjacent support teams
to the highest level of performance..
● Evaluate performance of direct reports and offer career development guidance.
● Meeting hiring and retention targets of the team & building a high-performance culture
● Handle escalations from internal stakeholders and manage critical issues to resolution.
● Collaborate with Architects, Product Manager, Project Manager and other teams to deliver high
● Identify recurring system and application issues and enable engineers to work with release teams,
infra teams, product development, vendors and other stakeholders in investigating and resolving
● Required Skills
● 4+ years of managing Software Development teams, preferably in ML and Data
● 4+ years of Agile Software development practices
● 12+ years of Software Development experience.
● Excellent Problem Solving and System Design skill
● Hands on: Writing and Reviewing code primarily in Spark, Python and/or Java
● Hand on: Architect & Design end to end Data Pipeline (noSQL databases, Job Schedulers, Big
Data Development preferably on Databricks / Cloud)
● Experience with SOA & Microservice architecture
● Knowledge of Software Engineering best practices with experience on implementing CI/CD,
Log aggregation/Monitoring/alerting for production system
● Working Knowledge of cloud and devops skills (AWS will be preferred)
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Experience in evaluating team member performance and offering career development
● Experience in providing technical coaching to direct reports.
● Experience in architecting highly scalable products.
● Experience in collaborating with global stakeholder teams.
● Experience in working on highly available production systems.
● Strong knowledge of software release process and release pipeline.
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move to
invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely dedicated to
data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive engagement, fuel
process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market revenue. The Data team
aimed to create a company culture where data was the common language and facilitate an
environment where insights shared in real-time could improve performance.
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team at
Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and boost
online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data
Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client Services) along with Data
Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products to create data-driven solutions
for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse forms of
self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the extraordinary. We
are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé Nast, and It Starts Here.
- Ability to attract and hire top-notch Engineering talent for the organisation.
- Be responsible for the group's technical strategy and roadmap - creating success metrics in close collaboration with other groups across the organisation in executing initiatives in an agile way.
- Brings a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and champion their adoption.
- Has the technical capacity and capability to partner with tech leads and architects in problem solving.
- Mentor the professional development of each direct report through personal and performance management.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their recognition.
- Effective at influencing a culture of engineering craftsmanship and excellence.
- Initiate cross-functional (Product, Business, Operations) collaborations with development teams throughout Razorpay and gather feedback and requirements.
- Seek diverse perspectives to drive bottom-up innovation and create buy-in from all technical stakeholders.
- Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Razorpay as a company and how their work fits into 'the bigger picture.
- Total of 8+ years' experience.
- Experience level of 5+ years of experience in very large-scale applications and 3+ years' experience in people management.
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with distributed systems handling large amounts of data.
- Excellent coding skills in one of the languages PHP/Python/C++/Java.
- Very good understanding of Web Technologies.
- Very good understanding of any RDBMS and/or messaging.
Function: Software Engineering → Backend Development
Own and drive the development of new products and features @ Jodo.
Lead design and development of the Jodo backend platform.
Write reusable code/modules while optimizing for speed of delivery.
Identify opportunities for automation.
Make cloud (AWS) infrastructure/services scalable and secure.
Mentor junior developers to improve their speed and quality of code.
Core team member - work closely with founders and head of engineering in building high-quality products Traits of the Ideal Candidate.
High sense of ownership - Personally own the targets, and feel that the buck always stops with you.
Quality of work output - Optimize the speed of delivery and scalability of products built.
Good communication - Ability to clearly communicate with internal stakeholders.
Hungry to learn and grow - Passion to learn & be a better version of oneself; motivated to succeed Background.
8+ years of proven experience as a Backend/Full Stack developer in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient in building Microservices/RESTful APIs with any modern tech stack.
Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
Ability to analyze and convert business requirements into technical requirements.
Track record of outperformance in previous workplaces.
b. Strong Technical Background:
i. Strong grasp of Nodejs/Python stack
ii. Strong programming, architecture, DevOps and QA chops.
iii. Experience working with a diverse engineering stack in a fast-paced
iv. Databases/Datastores : Mysql, Redis / Memcache, MongoDB
v. Basic Understanding of Android, iOS, Web Application stacks
vi. One of SQS, RabbitMQ, SNS
vii. Familiarity with AWS and its services including RDS, ECS, EBS,
Cloudwatch, ELK, Redshift
viii. Nice to have -
1. Logging : ELK, Cloudwatch.
3. Protocols : HTTP, XMPP, MQTT, Socket.io, TC
c. Prior management and team-building experience. You'll be managing several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to scale and build out a
high-performing engineering team
- Create clear career paths for team members and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring.
- Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Operating with scale and speed amidst flux, there is just a LOT happening.
- Our world-class software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
- You are their default mentor.
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- You work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment.
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organisations.
- Excellent leadership skills to mentor the engineers under you.
- Deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly scalable and available set-up.
- Deep understanding & expertise with highly transactional, large relational and complex systems.
- Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design intuitive module and class-level interfaces.
- Superior project management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and experience of delivering high quality projects on time.
- Above 8 years of experience with technology depth as well as good people skills.
- A BE/BTech in Computer Science or some equivalent academic stance.
- Have spent 2+ years at a start-up or worked in a small and reasonably independent team/dev center.
- Able to establish credibility with smart engineers quickly, and provide longer term vision and motivation.
- Great people skills to closely work with other teams.
- Product Management, Business Development, and Operations, all need your expertise to ensure superior solutions match our scale of operations.
- Very high technical competence, strong technical background with track record of individual technical accomplishments.
- Ability to play the role of the architect for the team.
- Engineering Management, Python, Distributed Systems, Architecture, Data Structures
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for an ambitious Co-founder and CTO to join and support our growth at Spacenos. The Person we are looking for will fill an entrepreneurial C-Level role and will enrich our team with the product development and delivery skills.
- 3+ years of experience as a technology leader.
- Skilled in Java, ReactJs, Firebase, Google Cloud.
- Applied knowledge of Cloud Security, AWS, Machine Learning, AI and Tensorflow.
- Strong communication and team management skills.
- Excellent resource handling and understanding of scaling principles.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and understand technological roadmap
- Develop feature rollout systems and processes
- Hire and manage outside/contracted engineering talent
- Structure and lead teams, individuals, and cross-functional relationships in a way that ensures productivity and communication.
- Collaborate with other teams to optimize user experience of products.
- Drive modern engineering principles and practices by implementing relevant techniques, processes, and best practices
- Clearly articulate plans and projects to both senior level executives and more junior team members.
Spacenos is the fastest-growing start-up which is innovating in the finance, edtech and marketing domain since 2015 and won multiple awards and recognitions from more than 40+ MNCs and Fortune 500 companies. Our Clients are based out of the U.S.A and Australia. We are funded & Supported by Government of Karnataka, Angel Investors and International Grants.
- Apply for your CV and past work to be reviewed.
- Receive a telephonic interview or assessment upon filling the final step form.
Receive offer letter if selected.
Our hiring process takes less than 24 hours from the time you receive the Final Step form.
Validity: Up to Dec 2023
- Apply soon, the earliest applicant would be preferred over the late applicants.
MoEngage is a fast-paced startup that’s helping companies run smart marketing efforts in their effort to reach the customer. We are a leading Marketing Technology Stack provider that is helping brands redefine their customer engagement in the mobile era. Brands use MoEngage to drive long-term, personalised and context-based engagement across channels to help achieve increased customer retention as well as customer LTV. Sitting at a conflux of diverse technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Web & Mobile platforms, MoEngage technology analyses billions of data points generated by customers and their devices, to predict customer behavior and build marketing campaigns that proactively engage users.
In just four years since inception, MoEngage is working with leading brands across e-commerce, entertainment, travel, publishing and banking domains among others. With marquee clients like Vodafone, Oyo, Airtel, McAfee, MoEngage has over 125+ paying Customers in the Enterprise & Internet companies space in India, US, South East Asia & EU. With a global presence spanning 35 countries, MoEngage has offices in San Francisco, Berlin, Jakarta, and Bengaluru.
Today, MoEngage is an industry pioneer in the space and engages more than 350M devices. This includes approximately 40B events tracked per month, 30B+ messages sent, to millions of users across the globe.
As part of the Engineering team at MoEngage, here are some things you can expect:
- Take ownership and be responsible for what you build - no micro management
- Work with A players (some of the best talent in the country), and expedite your learning curve and career growth
- Make in India and build for the world at scale of 350M active users, which no other internet company in the country has seen
- Learn together from different teams on how they scale to millions of users and billions of messages.
- Explore the latest in topics like Data Pipeline, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Spark, Samza and share with the team
and more importantly have fun while you work on scaling MoEngage.
About InApps team
In-app team is responsible for effectively delivering the contextual information to help companies cross-sell/up-sell on specific workflows triggered on desired actions performed by application users. As a member of in-app team, you will be working on developing high performance systems to deliver the contextual campaigns in real time. In addition to real time campaign delivery, you will work on designing a flexible platform to provide customised experience for application users using web personalization, which allows companies to present unique and personalized experiences on their applications.
- Scaling campaign delivery with personalized content to 500M unique users within 1 sec.
- Rich campaign content delivery keeping user experience native to mobile and web applications.
- Proven experience in handling large infrastructure and distributed systems
- Proven experience in managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven experience with at least one of the cloud computing infrastructure - GCP / Azure / AWS
- Hands on in Java OR Python related technologies and frameworks
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, MongoDB is a plus
- Liaison with Product Management, DevOps, QA and other teams
- Performance management, Sprint management, Roadmap, Hiring, Onboarding, Mentoring, Costing, Documenting
At MoEngage, we are passionate about our team and technology - see below to know more about us and technology.
We handle more than a billion messages everyday. Rest assured, you will be surrounded by really smart and passionate people as we scale much more to build a world class technology team.