Sizzle is an exciting new startup that’s changing the world of gaming. At Sizzle, we’re building AI to automate gaming highlights, directly from Twitch and YouTube streams. We’re looking for a superstar engineer that is well versed with computer vision and AI technologies around image and video analysis.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing computer vision algorithms to detect key moments within popular online games
- Leveraging baseline technologies such as TensorFlow, OpenCV, and others -- and building models on top of them
- Building neural network (CNN) architectures for image and video analysis, as it pertains to popular games
- Specifying exact requirements for training data sets, and working with analysts to create the data sets
- Training final models, including techniques such as transfer learning, data augmentation, etc. to optimize models for use in a production environment
- Working with back-end engineers to get all of the detection algorithms into production, to automate the highlight creation
You should have the following qualities:
- Solid understanding of computer vision and AI frameworks and algorithms, especially pertaining to image and video analysis
- Experience using Python, TensorFlow, OpenCV and other computer vision tools
- Understand common computer vision object detection models in use today e.g. Inception, R-CNN, Yolo, MobileNet SSD, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of various algorithms for image and video analysis, such as CNNs, LSTM for motion and inter-frame analysis, and others
- Familiarity with AWS environments
- Excited about working in a fast-changing startup environment
- Willingness to learn rapidly on the job, try different things, and deliver results
- Ideally a gamer or someone interested in watching gaming content online
Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Neural Networks, TensorFlow, OpenCV, AWS, Python
Seniority: We are open to junior or senior engineers. We're more interested in the proper skillsets.
Salary: Will be commensurate with experience.
Who Should Apply:
If you have the right experience, regardless of your seniority, please apply. However, if you don't have AI or computer vision experience, please do not apply.
Job Location: India
We at CondeNast are looking for a data science manager for the content intelligence
workstream primarily, although there might be some overlap with other workstreams. The
position is based out of Chennai and shall report to the head of the data science team, Chennai
1. Ideate new opportunities within the content intelligence workstream where data Science can
be applied to increase user engagement
2. Partner with business and translate business and analytics strategies into multiple short-term
and long-term projects
3. Lead data science teams to build quick prototypes to check feasibility and value to business
and present to business
4. Formulate the business problem into an machine learning/AI problem
5. Review & validate models & help improve the accuracy of model
6. Socialize & present the model insights in a manner that business can understand
7. Lead & own the entire value chain of a project/initiative life cycle - Interface with business,
understand the requirements/specifications, gather data, prepare it, train,validate, test the
model, create business presentations to communicate insights, monitor/track the performance
of the solution and suggest improvements
8. Work closely with ML engineering teams to deploy models to production
9. Work closely with data engineering/services/BI teams to help develop data stores, intuitive
visualizations for the products
10. Setup career paths & learning goals for reportees & mentor them
1. 5+ years of experience in leading Data Science & Advanced analytics projects with a focus on
building recommender systems and 10-12 years of overall experience
2. Experience in leading data science teams to implement recommender systems using content
based, collaborative filtering, embedding techniques
3. Experience in building propensity models, churn prediction, NLP - language models,
embeddings, recommendation engine etc
4. Master’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, engineering,
economics or mathematics/ Degree programs in data science/ machine learning/ artificial
5. Exceptional Communication Skills - verbal and written
6. Moderate level proficiency in SQL, Python
7. Needs to have demonstrated continuous learning through external certifications, degree
programs in machine learning & artificial intelligence
8. Knowledge of Machine learning algorithms & understanding of how they work
9. Knowledge of Reinforcement Learning
1. Expertise in libraries for data science - pyspark(Databricks), scikit-learn, pandas, numpy,
matplotlib, pytorch/tensorflow/keras etc
2. Working Knowledge of deep learning models
3. Experience in ETL/ data engineering
4. Prior experience in e-commerce, media & publishing domain is a plus
5. Experience in digital advertising is a plus
About Condé Nast
CONDÉ NAST INDIA (DATA)
Over the years, Condé Nast successfully expanded and diversified into digital, TV, and social
platforms - in other words, a staggering amount of user data. Condé Nast made the right move
to invest heavily in understanding this data and formed a whole new Data team entirely
dedicated to data processing, engineering, analytics, and visualization. This team helps drive
engagement, fuel process innovation, further content enrichment, and increase market
revenue. The Data team aimed to create a company culture where data was the common
language and facilitate an environment where insights shared in real-time could improve
The Global Data team operates out of Los Angeles, New York, Chennai, and London. The team
at Condé Nast Chennai works extensively with data to amplify its brands' digital capabilities and
boost online revenue. We are broadly divided into four groups, Data Intelligence, Data
Engineering, Data Science, and Operations (including Product and Marketing Ops, Client
Services) along with Data Strategy and monetization. The teams built capabilities and products
to create data-driven solutions for better audience engagement.
What we look forward to:
We want to welcome bright, new minds into our midst and work together to create diverse
forms of self-expression. At Condé Nast, we encourage the imaginative and celebrate the
extraordinary. We are a media company for the future, with a remarkable past. We are Condé
Nast, and It Starts Here.
We are a VC-funded startup solving one of the biggest transportation problems India faces. Most passengers in India travel long distance by IRCTC trains. At time of booking, approx 1 out of every 2 passengers end up with a Waitlisted or RAC ticket. This creates a lot of anxiety for passengers, as Railway only announces only 4 hour before departure if they have a confirmed seat. We solve this problem through our Waitlist & RAC Protection. Protection can be bought against each IRCTC ticket at time of booking. If train ticket is not confirmed, we fly the passenger to the destination. Our team consists of 3 Founders from IIT, IIM and ISB.
- Computer Science or IT Engineering background with solid understanding of basics of Data Structures and Algorithms
- 2+ years of data science experience working with large datasets
- Expertise in Python packages like pandas, numPy, sklearn, matplotlib, seaborn, keras and tensorflow
- Expertise in Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra and PostgreSQL
- Expertise in Cloud computing on AWS with EC2, AutoML, Lambda and RDS
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning and Statistical time series analysis (optional)
- Unparalleled logical ability making you the go to guy for all things related to data
- You love coding like a hobby and are up for a challenge!
- Assume a strong sense of ownership of analytics : Design, develop & deploy
- Collaborate with senior management, operations & business team
- Ensure Quality & sustainability of the architecture
- Motivation to join an early stage startup should go beyond compensation
We are in an expansion mode, and thus our team is working on various stages of multiple projects. Thus we require engineers who can come in and remove the roadblocks by identifying time consuming processes and building scalable solutions.
- Candidates need to design and develop recommended systems and consult with the internal team to ensure smooth implementation
- Focus on solving problems and creating value for the team by building solutions that are reliable and scalable
- Develop custom build software on company’s stack
- Improve deployment capacity for customer facing systems using Hadoop, spark, java, python, elastic search
- Hands on experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools like Hive, Sqoop, YARN, HDFS
- Strong scripting experience - python, ruby or bash
- Distributed systems knowledge, preferably ELK or Solr, Kafka, Vertica, Hadoop, RabbitMQ, Storm
- Software and systems solution skills with technologies such as Python, Java, C++, SQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch,
- Identify solutions and potential snags within engineering
- Have a creative bent in bringing solutions
- Ability to work across the team
- 5+ years of experience
Responsible for the development and implementation of machine learning algorithms and techniques to solve business problems and optimize member experiences. Primary duties may include are but not limited to: Design machine learning projects to address specific business problems determined by consultation with business partners. Work with data-sets of varying degrees of size and complexity including both structured and unstructured data. Piping and processing massive data-streams in distributed computing environments such as Hadoop to facilitate analysis. Implements batch and real-time model scoring to drive actions. Develops machine learning algorithms to build customized solutions that go beyond standard industry tools and lead to innovative solutions. Develop sophisticated visualization of analysis output for business users.
BS/MA/MS/PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Econometrics, Physics, Biostatistics or related Quantitative disciplines. 2-4 years of experience in predictive analytics and advanced expertise with software such as Python, or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Experience in the healthcare sector. Experience in Deep Learning strongly preferred.
Required Technical Skill Set:
- Full cycle of building machine learning solutions,
o Understanding of wide range of algorithms and their corresponding problems to solve
o Data preparation and analysis
o Model training and validation
o Model application to the problem
- Experience using the full open source programming tools and utilities
- Experience in working in end-to-end data science project implementation.
- 2+ years of experience with development and deployment of Machine Learning applications
- 2+ years of experience with NLP approaches in a production setting
- Experience in building models using bagging and boosting algorithms
- Exposure/experience in building Deep Learning models for NLP/Computer Vision use cases preferred
- Ability to write efficient code with good understanding of core Data Structures/algorithms is critical
- Strong python skills following software engineering best practices
- Experience in using code versioning tools like GIT, bit bucket
- Experience in working in Agile projects
- Comfort & familiarity with SQL and Hadoop ecosystem of tools including spark
- Experience managing big data with efficient query program good to have
- Good to have experience in training ML models in tools like Sage Maker, Kubeflow etc.
- Good to have experience in frameworks to depict interpretability of models using libraries like Lime, Shap etc.
- Experience with Health care sector is preferred
- MS/M.Tech or PhD is a plus
We are a nascent quantitative hedge fund led by an MIT PhD and Math Olympiad medallist, offering opportunities to grow with us as we build out the team. Our fund has world class investors and big data experts as part of the GP, top-notch ML experts as advisers to the fund, plus has equity funding to grow the team, license data and scale the data processing.
We are interested in researching and taking in live a variety of quantitative strategies based on historic and live market data, alternative datasets, social media data (both audio and video) and stock fundamental data.
You would join, and, if qualified, lead a growing team of data scientists and researchers, and be responsible for a complete lifecycle of quantitative strategy implementation and trading.
- Atleast 3 years of relevant ML experience
- Graduation date : 2018 and earlier
- 3-5 years of experience in high level Python programming.
- Master Degree (or Phd) in quantitative disciplines such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science in top universities.
- Good knowledge of applied and theoretical statistics, linear algebra and machine learning techniques.
- Ability to leverage financial and statistical insights to research, explore and harness a large collection of quantitative strategies and financial datasets in order to build strong predictive models.
- Should take ownership for the research, design, development and implementation of the strategy development and effectively communicate with other team mates
- Prior experience and good knowledge of lifecycle and pitfalls of algorithmic strategy development and modelling.
- Good practical knowledge in understanding financial statements, value investing, portfolio and risk management techniques.
- A proven ability to lead and drive innovation to solve challenges and road blocks in project completion.
- A valid Github profile with some activity in it
Bonus to have:
- Experience in storing and retrieving data from large and complex time series databases
- Very good practical knowledge on time-series modelling and forecasting (ARIMA, ARCH and Stochastic modelling)
- Prior experience in optimizing and back testing quantitative strategies, doing return and risk attribution, feature/factor evaluation.
- Knowledge of AWS/Cloud ecosystem is an added plus (EC2s, Lambda, EKS, Sagemaker etc.)
- Knowledge of REST APIs and data extracting and cleaning techniques
- Good to have experience in Pyspark or any other big data programming/parallel computing
- Familiarity with derivatives, knowledge in multiple asset classes along with Equities.
- Any progress towards CFA or FRM is a bonus
- Average tenure of atleast 1.5 years in a company
• Responsible for developing and maintaining applications with PySpark
• Contribute to the overall design and architecture of the application developed and deployed.
• Performance Tuning wrt to executor sizing and other environmental parameters, code optimization, partitions tuning, etc.
• Interact with business users to understand requirements and troubleshoot issues.
• Implement Projects based on functional specifications.
• Good experience in Pyspark - Including Dataframe core functions and Spark SQL
• Good customer communication.
• Good Analytical skills
We are a young, fast-growing AI company shaking up how work gets done across the enterprise. Every day, we help clients identify opportunities for automation, and then use a variety of AI and advanced automation techniques to rapidly model manual work in the form of code. Our impact has already been felt across some of the most reputable Fortune 500 companies, who are consequently seeing major gains in efficiency, client satisfaction, and overall savings. It’s an exciting experience to watch companies transform themselves rapidly with Soroco!
Based across US, UK, and India, our team includes several PhDs and graduates from top-notch universities such as MIT, Harvard, Carnegie Mellon, Dartmouth, and top rankers/medalists from the IITs and NITs. The senior leadership includes a former founder of a VC/hedge fund, a computer scientist from Harvard, and a former founder of a successful digital media firm. Our team has collectively published more than 100 papers in international journals and conferences and been granted over 20 patents. Our board members include some of the most well-known entrepreneurs across the globe, and our early clients include some of the most innovative Fortune 100 companies.
As an individual contributor role, Business Analyst (BA) will work closely with Data Science Manager in India. BAs will be primarily responsible for analyzing improvement opportunities with business process, people productivity, application usage experience and other advanced analytics projects using Soroco scout platform collected data, for clients from diverse industry.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding project objectives and frame analytics approach to provide the solution.
- Take ownership in extracting, cleansing, structuring & analyzing data
- Analyze data using statistical or rule-based techniques to identify actionable insights.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation/build visualization solutions for presenting the analysis & actionable insights to client.
- Brainstorm and perform root cause analysis to provide suggestions to improve scout platform.
- Work closely with product managers to build analytical features in the product.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced setting
- Communicate effectively with client engagement, product, and engineering teams
An ideal BA should be passionate and entrepreneurial in nature, with a flexible attitude to learn anything and a willingness to provide the highest level of professional service.
- 2-4 years of analytics work experience with a University degree in Engineering, preferably from Tier-1 or Tier-2 colleges.
- Possess the skill to creatively solve analytical problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to perform data manipulation and data modeling with complex data using SQL/Python
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R/Python)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint.
- Impeccable attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Strong capabilities and experience with programming in Python (Numpy & Pandas)
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (clustering, classification, and sequencing, among others)
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik.
How You Will Grow:
Soroco believes in supporting you and your career. We will encourage you to grow by providing you with professional development opportunities across multiple business functions. Joining a young company will allow you to explore what is possible and have a high impact
This will include:
The verticals included are:
The Architect, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence including Computer Vision will grow and lead a team of talented Machine Learning (ML), Computer Vision (CV) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers and engineers to develop innovative machine learning algorithms, scalable ML system, and AI applications for Racetrack. This role will be focused on developing and deploying personalization and recommender system, search, experimentation, audience, and content AI solutions to drive user experience and growth.
- Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning and deep learning algorithms, statistical and quantitative modelling approaches to support product, engineering, content, and marketing initiatives.
- Build and lead a world-class team of ML and AI scientists and engineers.
- Be a hands-on leader to mentor the team in latest machine learning and deep learning approaches, and to introduce new technologies and processes. Single headedly manage the MVP and PoCs
- Work with ML engineers to design solution architecture and develop scalable machine learning system to accelerate learning cycle.
- Identify data science opportunities that deliver business value.
- Develop ML/AI/CV roadmap and educate both internal and external stakeholders at all levels to drive implementation and measurement.
- Hands on experience in Image processing for auto industry
- BFSI domain knowledge is a plus
- Provide thought leadership to enable ML/AI applications.
- Manage products priorities and ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and evangelize best practices for scoping, building, validating, deploying, and monitoring ML/AI products.
- Prepare and present ML modelling results and analytical insights that help drive the business to senior leadership.
- 8 + years of work experience in Machine Learning, AI and Data Science with a proven track record to drive innovation and business impacts
- 4 + years of managing a team of data scientists, ML and AI researchers and engineers
- Strong machine learning, deep learning, and statistical modelling expertise, such as causal inference modelling, ensembles, neural networks, reinforcement learning, NLP, and computer vision
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with big data platform (AWS, Snowflake, Spark, Google Cloud etc.)
- Proficiency in machine learning and deep learning languages and platforms (Python, R, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet etc.)
- Experience in deploying machine learning algorithms and advanced modelling solutions
- Experience in developing advanced analytics and ML infrastructure and system
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex analysis and algorithms to non-technical audience
- Works effectively cross functional teams to build trusted partnership
- Working experience in digital media and entertainment industry preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
What you will be doing:
As a part of the Global Credit Risk and Data Analytics team, this person will be responsible for carrying out analytical initiatives which will be as follows: -
- Dive into the data and identify patterns
- Development of end-to-end Credit models and credit policy for our existing credit products
- Leverage alternate data to develop best-in-class underwriting models
- Working on Big Data to develop risk analytical solutions
- Development of Fraud models and fraud rule engine
- Collaborate with various stakeholders (e.g. tech, product) to understand and design best solutions which can be implemented
- Working on cutting-edge techniques e.g. machine learning and deep learning models
Example of projects done in past:
- Lazypay Credit Risk model using CatBoost modelling technique ; end-to-end pipeline for feature engineering and model deployment in production using Python
- Fraud model development, deployment and rules for EMEA region
- 1-3 years of work experience as a Data scientist (in Credit domain)
- 2016 or 2017 batch from a premium college (e.g B.Tech. from IITs, NITs, Economics from DSE/ISI etc)
- Strong problem solving and understand and execute complex analysis
- Experience in at least one of the languages - R/Python/SAS and SQL
- Experience in in Credit industry (Fintech/bank)
- Familiarity with the best practices of Data Science
Add-on Skills :
- Experience in working with big data
- Solid coding practices
- Passion for building new tools/algorithms
- Experience in developing Machine Learning models