CTO for a Fintech Startup by a large retail group
at FinTech Startup by a Large Retail Group
• Build high quality systems and applications that solve key challenges for the customer
• Collaborate with product management and engineering teams to elicit and understand their requirements, challenges and develop potential solutions
• Proactively identify areas of improvements, come up with innovative solutions, and drive adoption
• Push boundaries on infrastructure and cost optimisation, reusability, simplicity and scalability • Own significant engineering projects end-to-end
• Sign-off on all significant architectures and technical designs regardless of front-end or back-end.
• Translate business requirements to tangible engineering deliverables
• Setup and streamline processes and introduce best practices to improve the overall efficiency and throughput of the engineering team
• Be an effective mentor and help in building capacity in the larger team, strategize and work towards helping junior engineers grow
• Stay current with latest tools, technologies, methodologies and ideas; spread the knowledge and conduct effective POCs to demonstrate applicability and benefits
• 15+ years of strong experience in developing highly scalable backend and middle tier enterprise applications.
• Strong experience with large volume batch and real-time data processing applications
• Experience building enterprise SaaS applications. Strong knowledge of AWS.
• Programming Languages: Java (must have), Python (good to have)
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent from premier institutes
• Strong in problem solving, data structures and algorithm design.
• Clear Object Oriented Design and Design Pattern concepts
• Significant experience working with non-functional requirements such as performance, security, compliance, automation etc.
• Experience developing AI-based solutions is a big plus.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced startup environment.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Attention to detail
· Oversee the workflow and the workforce involved in the entire software development process
· Responsibilities include creating strategies for optimal performance, coordinating with different teams and departments to identify strengths and weaknesses, implementing training and workshop programs, and liaising with external agencies, including key clients
- Key Accountabilities
· Pioneer and drive Agile development practices, leading sprint teams and backlogs
· Provide guidance to the team and ensure they adhere to development standards
· Ensure team structure is optimized, and resources managed, to facilitate efficient project delivery - seamlessly integrate, mentor, and manage internal (remote) and external teams (contractors), continually monitoring quality and effectiveness
· Innovation and product development – generate and facilitate ideas development, requirement gathering and user evaluation to continually develop new and exciting features and value add services
· Balance competing priorities – have a good understanding of software technical debt and ensure we've got the right balance between paying it down, delivering new projects and offering outstanding customer support
· Create and/or refine lean processes to ensure effective, scalable, and profitable workflows – identify and analyze problems and implement solutions. Ensure consistent and iterative delivery of high-impact, high-quality work
· Ensure that the business objectives and customer requirements are at the heart of all processes and projects
· Take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises - drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues and implement appropriate solutions
Designers & Developers
· Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots, and debugs software and is the go-to team for all aspects of maintenance starting with resolving software bugs, managing delivery of software and working on customer escalations
· Work with product managers, designers & developers to translate internal and external customer and market requirements into a system, product, and technology roadmaps
Vendor Sourcing & Management
· Manage relationships with various technology vendors and contract agreements to ensure technically and economically efficient products and services are provided
· Ensure new application upgrades or transformation are compliant with current applications, commercials involved in their upkeep and overlook the future need of applications and their upgrades from software development perspective
· Ensure availability of in-house applications to business/ functional users as per requirement
· Ensure that in-house application related incidents, events, problems, and service requests get closed in an efficient, consistent manner per the committed SLAs
- Skills Required for the role
Strong leadership capabilities
Excellent client/customer service mindset
Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
Project Management and Delivery skills
IT Product development knowledge
Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
Strong stakeholders’ management skills
Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
Location - Bangalore / Remote/WFH
This is an equity-only role.
We are looking for a young but mature mindset with highly skilled Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business. This person will be added as a Co-founder in the Team.
CTO should be able to take technical decision and having a Strategic thinking mindset with strong business acumen. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts.
You will work directly with the CEO and will act as both a technology and business expert, making decisions that will impact the current and future operations of the company. If you are self-motivated, emotionally strong, enjoy challenges and have a never give-up approach, we’d like to meet you.
CTO / Co- Founder Responsibilities
Lead the technology division with new-age technologies and processes
Build on the vision for the organization by technology
Identify new opportunities and develop products and processes in line with cutting edge technologies
Deploy, develop and implement solutions in a cost-efficient manner
Experience in building scalable products, platforms, and modern technologies
Experienced on the internet/ e-commerce industry, B2B platforms, start-up setups is a plus
Hands-on experience in digital initiatives, big data, mobile apps, AI & ML, analytics, and business intelligence solutions
Ability to convert data into usable modern technology-driven solutions
Experience or knowledge on AWS server side is required
B.E / B.tech / Masters Degree in computer science or related field.
6+ years of working in a technological role is preferable but not mandatory
Experience working in an early-stage tech start-up will be a plus
A strong product sense and can build engaging tech for customers
Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
Have a proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
Experience in project management to ensure timely deliverables
Strong communication skills with the ability to present the technology vision confidently in a way that motivates others both internally and externally
Develop a roadmap for moving existing monolithic applications to a highly scalable microservice architecture and implementation of the same as long term goal.
Scoping, Planning, and technical architecture for all projects.
Perform high-level analysis of any new requirements/change requests to the solution from a technical standpoint
Define architecture blueprints & take complete technical ownership of high-level design, tech stack - from backend systems to frontend aspects & non-functional attributes
Own the technology roadmap and vision of the team
Work with engineering teams in building high-quality and highly resilient scalable
Drive some of the company-wide tech initiatives striving towards continuous technical excellence of our platforms
Hands-on expertise in Architecting and developing large scale web applications with MERN stack
Experience with the operational aspects of deploying and operating in AWS environment
Hands-on experience in NodeJS, Express and MongoDB related tech stack building REST APIs, with experience/exposure to front end stack like react and react native
Knowledge of enterprise design patterns and practices
Should know security best practices
Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to suggest to team members ways to look for the root cause of problems.
Deep understanding of continuous integration, and continuous delivery and DevOps principles. Embrace cloud mindset and start-up culture in your team
Working knowledge of Git + Git Flow, Jira, GitLab
Experience with API design using OpenAPI (Swagger) specifications
We’re a startup operating in a fashion technology space and are looking for individuals to build the core team. You’ll own the entire technology pie of the business that includes the world’s first AI-powered garment simulation engine. If it’s something that excites you, read on!
Our vision is to co-create fashion experiences using artificial intelligence. Fashion is one of the most significant contributors to biodiversity loss with a very high carbon footprint. We’re doing our bit to solve the apparel overproduction problem by allowing designers to create experiences, using 3D technology and artificial intelligence, that users love.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate and execution-oriented Head of Technology/CTO who can own the entire technology stack and can build innovative and scalable SaaS systems. You’ll be part of the core team and will be involved in the day-to-day business and technology related decision making process including designing, architecting, and developing the product.
- Understanding the core business value proposition and translating it to make the best technology decisions to achieve customer outcomes
- Owning the entire feature development pipeline
- Write well documented, maintainable, clean code
- Making sure the developed user experience meets the core business value proposition and expectation
- Able to hire, nurture, and retain great talent by building long term relationships
- Collaborating closely with the AI team
- Full-stack development
- React, Redux, NodeJS, GraphQL, DynamoDB, Amplify
- WebGL, OpenGL, ThreeJS, BabylonJS
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Zeal to get things done against all odds
Previous experience leading outsourced engineering teams required
Previous experience working with US leadership team, US customers and US-based vendors and service providers
Understanding of full-stack .NET is a must
Experience with Angular front-end frameworks and tools
Experience with database systems and data modeling (RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL)
Experience with designing and building integrations using REST and SOAP web services.
Experience with test-driven development.
Nice to have :
Experience with micro-service architecture, Docker, and Azure preferred
Experience with Machine Learning modeling, training and algorithm development preferred
Experience with data labeling to be used for machine learning purposes
SOC 1/2/3 and other attestation engagements
Cybersecurity Risk and Gap Assessments
Knowledge of vulnerability assessment and penetration testing technologies, as well as incident response, host and network forensic technologies
12+ years of industry experience
7+ years in Software Development
Experience with Vendor Management, Stakeholder management
Experience managing distributed team (Off-shore/on-shore model)
Excellent Delivery management skills
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Our client is one of the most advanced career counselling platforms that gives an unbiased view and effective solutions to students.
- Building a team of engineers and web designers.
- Recruiting, training and motivating a team of engineers.
- Managing the KPIs and products / services built by the team.
- Managing the life cycle of the products of the company.
- Ensuring the products provide an excellent customer experience.
What you need to have:
- BE, BTech
- MySQL, PHP (Laravel), Vue.js, AWS and AWS Lambda implementation, Serverless Architecture, MERN Stack, Microservices Architecture, MongoDB
- Knowledge of scaling high traffic apps using Heroku/ EBS etc.
- DevOps knowledge
- Setting up of CI/ CD pipelines to automate deployments at various stages, dev to staging to production at scale.
- Setting up of APMs and integration with Slack to monitor the distributed system’s health in real time.