- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Own code for the products with responsibilities including but not limited to designing, developing, testing, maintenance of products.
- Building RESTful services and do DevOps.
- Talking to customers and business teams to suggest improvement areas in product flows.
- Create peer learnings for team members and build context for new teammates
- Help with building the company's tech team and iterating on the hiring framework.
- Provide regular feedback to your team (peers and managers) to ensure continuous improvement.
- Keeping abreast with the latest technologies and working on your skills regularly.
Skills & Requirements
- Good knowledge and experience of working with backend systems; designing server-side architecture, including production maintenance experience are must-haves.
- At least 1-8 years of experience in any programming languages like Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, and Node.js(Node.js preferred).
- Understanding of micro-services-oriented architecture.
- Experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Experience in driving and delivering complex features/software modules from technical design to launch.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Have empathy for the users you build for
Good to have
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience leading design and implementation of robust and secure web services
We’re in search of a Back-End Software Engineer that specializes in server-side components. In this role,
you’ll primarily work on Node JS, Mongo DB, Redis, building scalable products and will bring a depth of
knowledge on algorithms and data structures. As a Back-End Software Engineer, on any given day you
might be architecting new features for our customers, refactoring existing code to be more scalable, and
seeing changes through to completion in a live environment.
Key Attributes you need to possess: -
- Prioritization- Should have a strong work ethics and show up on time at sessions with excellent skills
in predicting the amount of time needed to plan, coordinate, and perform on a task or managing their
clients as and when required.
- Quick Learning Ability- You should be an amazing self-learner who has the ability to learn new
technology on their own and are not threatened by new technologies. Someone who has an ability to pull
various bits of information and to process information on the fly with good logical and analytical skills.
- Deep and Broad Technical Experience- Someone who is able to hit the ground because they already
know the right technology.They should be able to meet coding principles and write code that is readable
and commented-on where appropriate.Through incorporating their cognitive abilities and extensive
industry experience, they are able to find optimal solutions easily.
- High-End User Focus-A good programmer does what they are asked to do, while a great programmer
thinks of the end user of the software and works to solve problems within the organization’s
capabilities.Someone who knows the functionality they’re creating is of high value.
-Business Acumen- Should have a great eye for Business acumen as the product build will be exposed to
millions of customers on-brand digital assets hence giving you exposure for handling a large user base in
a live environment.
-Teamplayer- Someone who is able to work in a challenging environment and requires complete
devotion, persistence and learning new things every day. As they will be involved in every fact of the
product development starting from product ideation, Interface design, user experience, analytics, and
Typical work week look like:-
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design
more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Design and implementation of scalable applications by using asynchronous programming with
low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications between multiple systems, servers, and
-Integration of data storage solutions by creating database schemas that represent and support business
processes and also Integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Explore technical innovation and propose new solutions as and when required.
- Work with engineers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision
into a tangible roadmap every month.
Our ideal candidate should have:-
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a Tech Startup
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BE/BTech or MS in Information
- Strong hands on MongoDB and ability to write aggregation queries.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3.
- Hands-on on code versioning tools, such as Git, Redis, AWS, Sockets.
What you can expect from company:-
- Passion & happiness in the workplace with great people & open culture with amazing growth
- An ecosystem where leadership is fostered which builds an environment where everyone is free to take
necessary actions to learn from real experiences.
- Chance to work on the cutting edge of technology.
- Freedom to pursue your ideas and tinker with multiple technologies- which a techie would definitely
If you have outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative
applications, then you will love this job
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Execute a full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good knowledge of Core Java (Minimum Version 8)
- J2EE with a good understanding of Servlets and JSP
- Experience in Spring Modules – Spring IOC and AOP, Spring Boot (version 2 plus), JDBC
- Expertise in design and development of various web and enterprise – level applications using Java/J2EE technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, Rest services.
- Web Services (including SOAP, XML, XML Schema, JSON, and REST)
- Tools required: Maven,Eclipse, Github, and Swagger
- Good knowledge of SQL and Redis (NOSql)
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in Java or any other OOPS languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing Web Applications using at least one popular Web Framework (Spring)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related fields.
- Eight to Ten years of Software Engineering or Software Development experience, preferably in a related field.
REPORTING: This position will report to HOD
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Remote (Pan India) & In-Office – Jaipur, India
Summer - 1:30pm-10:30pm IST
Winter - 2:30pm-11:30pm IST
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms.
- Strong fundamentals in Core Java/J2EE.
- Familiarity with any one of Spring, Struts, Hibernate frameworks.
- Familiarity with code design principles, patterns, and best practices in java.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- IDE/Tools - Eclipse, NetBeans, Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Configuration Management - GIT, Subversion SVN
- Active participation in one or more open-source projects is a strong plus
- Familiarity with the AWS cloud ecosystem is a strong plus.
- OCJP certified will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on with *Unix/Windows based systems.
Role & Responsibilities -:
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks such as Laravel
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming & Restful API
- Strong knowledge of Akamai CDN, Redis, AWS services
- Understanding of LAMP and MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of Payment Gateway
- Familiarity with MySQL/ PgSQL/ Mongo databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and
- Building and maintenance of applications.
- Extensive understanding of project management processes, principles and
- Writing maintainable and high performance code.
- Keeping up with the trends in technology and being up for challenges.
- B. Tech in Computer Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Master’s degree in Computer Applications /M Tec. would be preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Web Application Development using PHP6 onwards.
- Must know at least two PHP frameworks out of Laravel, Cakephp, CodeIgniter and YII.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc. will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of eCommerce frameworks like WooCommerce, Magento, OpenCart etc. will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Concepts & a strong passion for Software Development.
- Strong Interaction and Design Sense
- Familiarity with LAMP stack (Apache, MySQL and phpMyAdmin)
- Comfortable with Linux / Unix based operating system, SQL and Script Programming.
- Experience in Designing & Developing Database in MySQL is a MUST.
- Setting up server, Pipelines and deployment knowledge will be a plus
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Willingness to learn, highly motivated.
- Fully comfortable in using English. Both in writing and speaking.
- Not afraid to learn new tech stack.
- 1-6 years of experience in Web Development.
- Candidates with a Lesser Notice period would be preferred.
Candidates who can join immediately would be preferred.
Note: If you are willing to apply on the above post kindly add web links of your work in the resume.
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Independently own one or more multiple modules, which includes: requirement analysis, design, development, maintenance & support
- Write extensive, efficient code to address complex modules and that handles interaction between multiple components.
- Rapidly iterate to add new functionalities and solves complex problems with simple and intuitive solutions
- Produce architecture with clean interfaces, that are efficient and scalable
- Participate and contribute to architectural discussions
- Perform design and code reviews
- Perform technical feasibility and trade off studies & guides others to perform these studies
- Solve production issues. Investigate and provide solutions to minimize the business impact due to outage
- Continuously improve performance metrics of modules you own.
- Actively mentor and develop junior developers in all software development practices
- Participate in the hiring process (referrals, interviews, attending recruiting events or writing blogs)
- Onboard and mentors new team members, helps shape the culture of the team
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Gogo Commercial Aviation, An Intelsat Company has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer. You will help us design and develop solutions aimed at providing a means to manage and deploy the configuration specifics of aircraft, based on airlines, aircraft deployed technology, fleet and installation requirements. This solution uses a combination of configuration management and cloud-based deployment using AWS which also requires an understanding of network / telecom protocols.
Are you up to the challenge?
The ideal candidate for this role will be a working member of an engineering team delivering quality technical solutions carrying through from design to deployment. This role requires solid understanding of the design and development process, using CI / CD technologies. Your role will be crucial in designing and delivering complex products and solutions across technologies products and tools, improving quality of the code by following coding standards/guidelines, using static code analysers, maximum unit test coverage and automating the test cases.
Can you drive these processes?
- Develop groundbreaking and distributed solutions with high availability and impact.
- Work with the Architects/ Technical lead / Product Owner to understand user requirements, convert BDD scenarios or user stories into product functionality.
- Work with the team members collectively to own and deliver features and flexible to take up any type of tasks like develop, automate and test to complete feature.
- Perform code reviews and associated engineering quality checks clearly and consistently.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 2 - 5 Years of experience in systems implementations with a focus on both custom application development & commercial systems software implementations
- Knowledge and experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, devops, etc)
- 2+ years of in-depth development experience with Java / C++ / C / Go.
- Experience in CI/CD and AWS deployments (EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycles; expert knowledge in Agile and Lean methods.
- Proponent of DevOps, TDD, Agile/XP practices, and CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate with onsite stakeholders and well organized.
- Flexibility in working with technologies and platforms.
- A commitment to excellence, best practices, and the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) work environments
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including Leave Benefits, medical and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture