We are looking for a passionate Backend developer with a focus on building maintainable and scalable systems. The developer will be responsible for the design and development of Jodo’s backend platforms. You will be closely working with Product Managers and Frontend developers to gather requirements and implement features. As a senior developer in the Team, you will be taking ownership of services/systems and be a mentor to other developers in the team.
● Own and drive the development of new features
● Lead design and development of the Jodo backend platform
● Troubleshoot production defects and performance issues
● Write reusable code/modules
● Optimize for speed of development/delivery
● Collaborate with frontend developers for integration
● Identify opportunities for automation
● Make cloud(AWS) infrastructure/services scalable and secure
● 5+ years of proven experience as a Backend developer
● Experience in working with distributed systems
● Proficient in building Microservices/RESTful APIs with any modern tech stack
● Working knowledge of relational and nonrelational databases
● Prior working knowledge of Python/Django is a big plus
● Familiarity with modern CI/CD tools
● Knowledge of AWS or any other Cloud Platform services
● Champion code quality and drive best practices
● Ability to analyze and convert business requirements into technical requirements
● Self-starter and ability to take the ownership
● Prior experience working in a startup environment is great to have
according to our company’s needs. You will be responsible for planning, developing,
testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve
data effectively. As part of our IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure
system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and clients to
provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and
organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
You get to work with some of the best minds in the industry at a place where
opportunity lurks everywhere and in everything.
Your responsibilities are as follows.
• Working cross functional teams to develop robust solutions aligned with the
• Maintaining communication, providing regular updates to the development
team ensuring solutions provided are fit for purpose
• Training other developers in the team on best practices and technologies
• Troubleshooting issues in the production environment understanding the root
cause and developing robust solutions
• Developing, implement, maintain and solutions that are both reliable and
• Capture data analysis requirements effectively and represent them formerly
and visually through our data models.
• Maintaining effective database performance by identifying and resolving
production and application development problems
• Optimise the integration and installation of new releases
• Monitoring system performance, test, troubleshoot and integrating new
• Proactively recommending solutions to improve new and existing database
• Providing database support by coding utilities, resolving user questions and
• Ensuring compliance to database implementation procedures
• Performing code and design reviews as per the code review process
• Installing and organising information systems to guarantee company
• Preparing accurate documentation and reports
• Migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
• Stakeholders’ analysis of our current clients, company operations and
applications, and programming requirements
• Collaborate with functional teams across the business to deliver end-to-end
products, features enabling enhanced performance
We are looking for individuals who are curious, excited about learning, and navigating
through the uncertainties and complexities that are associated with a growing
company. Some qualifications that we think would help you thrive in this role are:
• Minimum 8 Years of experience as a Database Administrator
• Strong knowledge of data structures and database systems
• In depth expertise and hands on experience with MySQL/MariaDB Database
• In depth expertise and hands on experience in database design, data
maintenance, database security, data analysis and mining
• Hands-on experience with at least one web-hosting platform such as Microsoft
Azure, AWS (Amazon Web Services) etc.
• Strong understanding of security principles and how they apply to web
• Basic knowledge of networking, Desirable knowledge of business intelligence
• Desirable knowledge of data architectures related to data warehouse
• Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively to achieve
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Bachelor/Masters of CS/IT Engineering, BCA/MCA, B Sc/M Sc in CS/IT
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s
• Critical thinker, Team player
• Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent analytical and Strong organisational skills
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
About Merito :-
Merito is a curated talent platform where we identify, assess, and connect candidates for matching job opportunities. We are working with the mission to change the way hiring is done. The company is founded by a team consisting of alumni from IIM Ahmedabad, McKinsey with more than 2 decades of experience in recruitment, training, and coaching.
About Our Client :-
Our client is headquartered in California and Y Combinator backed Shopify-like platform for creators & knowledge professionals (coaches, instructors, experts, artists etc.) to launch, manage and grow their business online. Founded by IIT/ IIM/ BITS/ Yale/ BCG Alumni and 3X Entrepreneurs, they are well funded and backed by top Indian VC firms along with start-up veterans like Kunal Shah (CRED). The company is founded by alumni from top IITs, IIMs, BITS, Yale including ex-entrepreneurs and from firms such as BCG, Hike, Dunzo and P&G.
Since the launch of its first version in December 2020 they have grown 25X. Creators have earned more than $1 Million since launch through the platform.
We have just closed our series A (yet to announce) and are looking to build out our leadership team across functions.
Job Description :-
We are looking for Sr. Backend Developers who have the passion to solve complex problems at scale and who will be able to drive the technical architecture and product development
Your responsibilities :-
- Own and drive product development and engineering management in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand business processes and functional requirements and map them to tangible software products using apt, efficient and quality technical solutions.
- Build and lead the technical team with focus on infusing culture resulting in energetic & positive outcomes.
- Review and influence new evolving design, architecture, standards and methods with stability, maintainability and scalability in mind.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve the product and processes built for resolving issues proactively and deliver better value to the customers.
Required Skills :-
- A completed Bachelor`s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language; Python would be preferred with knowledge of Django
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Git or other distributed version control system
- Experience in early-stage startup environment and inherent hustle factor would be an advantage
Shopalyst is a technology startup that connects people with products they love. We do this by organizing the world's product information for easy discovery and purchase from any digital experience. Some of the best consumer brands in the world leverage Shopalyst to acquire and organize data to drive online product discovery and purchases.
We are currently looking for people to join our Engineering Operations team where internet scale, reliability, security, high performance and self-management drive almost every design decision that we take.
An expert in one or more of :
● Strong knowledge of Python / NodeJS
● Excellent communication skills
● Strong working knowledge in any NoSQL (preferable) or relational databases
● Good exposure to working on Linux/Unix systems.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN).
Nice to have requirements:
● Knowledge of languages such as Typescript.
● Understanding of any search server (such as Solr, Elastic Search, etc.).
● NOSQL database technologies (e.g Cassandra)
Job Type: Full-time
We are a multi-award-winning creative engineering company offering design and technology solutions on mobile, web and cloud platforms.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Backend Developer to join our team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our clients to develop, test, and ship software.
- Design, code and maintain standard compliant APIs.
- Debug complex applications
- Follow agile processes.
- Actively participate in project estimation, planning, code reviews and risk management activities
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Excellent hands-on experience in backend software development
- Proficient in NodeJS
- Hands on experience with relational [MySQL] and NoSQL databases [Preferably, MongoDB]
- Cloud deployment experience [Preferably, AWS]
- Experience in containerizing with Docker and Kubernetes is an added advantage.
- Experience in leading a team is an added advantage.
and help us create dynamic software applications for our clients. In this role, you will be
responsible for writing and testing scalable code, developing back-end components,
and integrating user-facing elements in collaboration with front-end developers. You
should possess in-depth knowledge of object-relational mapping, experience with
server-side logic, and above-average knowledge of Python programming.
· Coordinating with development teams to determine application requirements.
· Writing error-free, scalable code using Python programming language.
· Testing and debugging applications.
· Coordinating with front-end developers.
· Reprogramming existing packages to improve functionality.
· Priorities bug-fixes, features. Plan and coordinate QA/Prod release
· Bringing and establishing industry standard practices
Qualification and Experience
o master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
o 5+ years of experience as IT Developer
o 3+ years of Python development experience
o 1+ years’ experience of automation experience in any python packages
o Hands-on experience on any python automation libraries.
o Ability to collaborate on projects and work independently when required
o Ability to up-skills team members and delegate the works
Budget : Constraint( From current max 30% hike)
Notice Period: Immediate to 15 Days
Java/J2EE with strong SpringBoot
Very good knowledge of using annotations with SpringBoot
Very good knowledge of using java functional programming concepts in
Should have database knowledge
Knowledge of Spring Cloud would be a plus.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Hands-on experience in Core Java, J2EE, Jasper, Spring, Spring Boot,
Understanding of HTML5, CSS3, BootStrap, Material UI, and CSS preprocessors including Sass and LESS.
Understanding of basic prototype design and UI /UX design.
Exposure to working with datastores - SQL or NoSQL.
Good understanding of coding standards & best practices.
Good communication skills
➢ Design and develop core server side components for our consumer facing site
as well as for fulfillment and inventory logistics
➢ Prototype new ideas
Experience / Skills Required:
➢ B.Tech or advanced degree in Computer Science with 8-12 years of progressive industry
➢ Strong experience with Python development and Django framework or NodeJS required
➢ Strong experience with building reusable server components
➢ Strong experience with WebServices, XML, REST interfaces
➢ Strong experience with object oriented programming
➢ Strong experience with backend performance optimization and algorithms
➢ Strong experience with SQL, RDBMS, data modeling and MySQL, Oracle or other RDBMS
➢ Strong leadership / technology mentoring skills a must. Ability to do code and design reviews is a
key part of this role.
➢ Experience with Microservices / Distributed event based architectures desired.
➢ Deep experience with Linux based development and deployment architectures.
➢ Experience with database query tuning.
➢ Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS is a great plus
➢ Experience with frameworks such as Angular / React JS is a great plus
➢ Awareness of and experience with reactive programming is a plus
➢ Experience with Ecommerce/Consumer facing applications serving a large volume of users is a
➢ Exposure to technologies like Kafka, Redis, Spark, Kinesis, Solr, ElasticSearch etc is a plus.
➢ Experience with NoSQL or BigData is a great plus
➢ Hands on Full Stack experience desired.
➢ Must be adept at experimenting with new technologies
➢ Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem
➢ Must be able to work independently and enjoy working at a fast paced start-up environmen
4-8 years of work experience
Strong knowledge of Go programming language, paradigms, constructs, and
Knowledge of common Go routine and channel patterns
Experience with the full site of Go frameworks and tools, including:
Dependency management tools such as Godep, Sltr, etc.
Go’s templating language
Go’s code generation tools, such as Stringer
Popular Go web frameworks, such as Revel
Router packages, such as Gorilla Mux
Ability to write clean and effective Godoc comments
Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
Good experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, MongoDB)
Good knowledge in cloud hosting services like (AWS, GCP)
Look for candidates who can join quickly, (2 weeks joiners preferred)
NewsBytes is India's only multi-lingual digital media company with the capability to produce content via an AI-based engine.
We are looking to hire a back-end developer who is proficient in PHP.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
- Knowledge of PHP and Laravel Framework is a plus
- Basic understanding of CSS, JS, and HTML5
- The familiarity of Linux Environment is a plus
- Sound knowledge of design patterns and algorithms