Roles and Responsibilities:
- Designs and codes features for the Android application as per the specifications provided by Product and Design teams.
- Write unit tests for all features.
- Ships feature fast moving agile sprints.
- Works closely with API, Product Design and Product Management teams to brainstorm and chalk out details of features.
About MX Player
MX Player is India's Most Premium OTT Service Where You Can Play The Latest Music Videos, Watch Old & New Movies, TV Shows, Comedy TV Shows, Trending Songs, Stand-up Comedians Videos, Popular Web Series, Short Films & More in English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and more Languages.
MX Media has over 1 billion app downloads on Android, 300 million monthly active users (MAUs) globally, and 200,000 hours of content available in 10 different languages. It is the largest digital entertainment ecosystem in India. In addition to MX Player, India's most popular OTT service, MX Media has sub-brands such as MX Music, MX Games, MX VDesi, and MX Studios. MX is all about its Players, the people who are responsible for its innovative streaming technology and huge content library, and who is the reason why it has been named a "Great Place to Work" for the third year in a row.
MX is committed to providing all employees with the same opportunities, and the business highly recognizes and acknowledges great talent. Through the implementation of policies and the implementation of measures targeted at developing a diverse workforce, it has built a culture that is welcoming and inclusive of people of all identities.
Job Description for flutter developer
Role/Project Description Will be responsible for User Interface development of various android/IOS based mobile applications for HCIN clients and partners. The candidate will work in a global, highly innovative and agile environment made up both by talented youngsters and senior professionals.
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Diagnose performance issues, fix bugs (including crashes and ANRs) to increase the functionality of the application
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Collaborate with team members (product managers, developers, designers) to brainstorm about new features and functionalities.
- Experience required 1 year
- B. Tech, MCA, M. Tech degree in Computer Science Engineering or a related subject
- Proficient in Java/Kotlin programming
- Knowledge and experience in Flutter Framework and DART programming
- Hands on experience in using RESTful APIs
- Hands on experience in designing and developing microservices architecture and containers
- Object oriented analysis, UML and design using common design patterns.
- Hands on experience in development IDE Android Studio, Android SDK, Firebase Test Lab
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with push notifications
- Familiarity with IOS integration with Flutter
- Experience using GitHub or similar environment
- Complete understanding of SDLC
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Material Design and Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Good knowledge of adding third-party libraries
• At least 3 years of experience in Kotlin, MVVM, Java, and Retrofit
• Ability to take up ownership of tasks, as well as work in a team
• B.Tech/M.Tech/MS degree in Computer Science, or a related stream, from a premier
• Passion for programming, and learning new tools & technologies
- Proven software development experience and ANDROID skills development
- Proven working experience in ANDROID app development and
- Have published at least one original ANDROID app
- Experience with ANDROID SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Experienced in SWIFT Language
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Podium School is an upcoming ed-tech startup focused on providing fun and rewarding learning environments to 5 to 15 years old children. We are looking to expand our Android engineering team to help us build and maintain a highly engaging Android app for our parents and children. You can check our website at www.podium.school or download our app from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.podium.mobileapp
- The candidate should be capable of completing app projects from start to finish independently.
- 0- 2 Years of overall industry experience and rich experience inPodium Introduction:
- Ability to think from the end user's perspective and focus on improving the overall product experience.
- Developer at heart with strong focus to learn and implement the latest enhancements in React Native.
- Hands-on experience on Web development technology stack, HTML/JS/CSS and other web development libraries and frameworks is an added advantage.
- Thorough understanding of React Native development tools like IDEs (Nuclide, Atom, Sublime Text, or Visual Studio Code), Chrome debugging tools, ESLint, React Native CLI, Watchman, package manager, etc.
- Good familiarity with most of the React Native built-in and popular third party frameworks, libraries, and accelerators. With in-depth expertise on most of the popular ones.
- Excellent exposure and expertise in design patterns and software design patterns in general.
- Good communication skills.
Required Experience: 0- 2 years on React Native development
Qualification: BE/ Btech/ MCA/ BCA/ IT graduate
- React Native, Android, Firebase (Mandatory)
- Expertise in Core Java with solid OOD principles and design patterns
- Good grasp of algorithms, design patterns, memory management and multithreaded programming
- Conversant with JSON, XML, Web services API
- Experience with saas platforms for mobile development like Analytics, Push Notifications, Cloud Storage , Ad Networks , etc
- Hands on experience with Android's deggugging, unit- testing , memory and performance optimization tools
- Hands on google maps aps and third party aps
- Hands on experience of new android architectures and components like MVVM, Room Persistence , Dagger 2, Observables , Rx Java
- Must have experience on Kotlin
About the Role:
Are you a talented & enthusiastic Android development expert with a love for mobile based technology and Open-Source communities? Would you like to work on a project with large social impact? Are you experienced with Databases on Android, creating developer APIs and complete Android applications? Are you comfortable leading a small team and interacting with stakeholders from customers and outside stakeholders? Then we would like to hear from you!
- Take part in the development and enhancement of an Open-Source SDK
- Be both an individual contributor with hands-on development responsibility, as well as a mentor and lead for a small developer team
- Contribute to the Open-Source community interaction, including participation in the discussion forums
- Review code contributions, review pull requests
- Create and maintain the documentation for the SDK
- Design and development a usable and functional Android reference app
- Hands-on Android development, including feature development, troubleshooting, debugging, problem solving and bug fixing
- Design and run your own unit test cases, integration test cases and test automation
- Analyze new requirements, investigate feasibility, suggest implementation options and estimate efforts timeline, dependencies and risks
- Collaborate closely with other development team members, including some being located at other parts of the world
- 9+ years of experience in the software development industry
- 5+ years of experience in Android development
- 5+ years of experience in Java and/or Kotlin, with strong programming and software engineering skills
- Good understanding of Android related programming patterns and OS facilities, including activities, fragments, views, lifecycles and UI components
- Experience with SQLite database development
- Excellent communication skills, especially written
- Experience in creating software architecture and design document, as well as externally-focused technical documentations
- Readiness to work in a global team with contributors from different backgrounds, skills and locations
- Experience in leading small technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or comparable relevant experience
Preferred Bonus Skills:
- Experience in Design and Implementation of RESTful APIs
- Experience in Database design and implementation
- High proficiency in Kotlin, including multi-threading and synchronization (Kotlin coroutines)
- Experience in Open-Source development
- GitHub experience (Continuous Integration, GitHub routines)
- Real-life experience with mainstream commercial-grade mobile apps used by a broad user base (please provide links to app listings)
- Experience with Jetpack libraries (fragment library, recycler view)
- Familiarity with Java 8 libraries such as Java Time
- Hands-on experience in the Agile/Scrum development process
- Good understanding of OOPS concepts, design patterns, algorithms and data structures
- Good understanding of Material Design Language and human interface guidelines
- Experience with integrating mobile applications with cloud services
- Working with Product, Design and Back end teams to own end to end features including designing the architecture, data storage, API integrations and the user interface.
- Building a payment suite for Public transportation like no one else - powering Tap to pay cards, Tap to pay using Android phones, Offline Dynamic QR codes, other digital payment options such as UPI, Wallets, Common Mobility cards.
- Working with web sockets, advanced caching techniques to power an ultra fast and slick UX.
- Multilingual and Multi modal app integrating buses, metro, cabs, cycles, bikes.