- Candidate must be strong in logic and programming
- Perform all phases of software development life-cycle, including application design, programming, testing (unit and system level), internal documentation of code.
- Strong knowledge Native Android APIs
- Experience with internet technologies such as JSON, XML, HTTP, REST, AWS, MySQL
- Experience with analytics, crash reporting and other
- Core Data and integration with downstream REST APIs & services
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting
About Appristine Technologies
Striving for excellence is in our DNA.
We are more than just specialists; we are experts in agile software development with a keen focus on
Cloud Native D3 (Digital, Data, DevSecOps. We help leading global businesses to imagine, design,
engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world.
Headquartered in Princeton, NJ (United States) we are a multinational company that is growing fast.
This role is based out of our India setup.
We believe that we are only as good as the quality of our people. Our offices are digital pods. Our
clients are fortune brands. We’re always looking for the most talented and skilled teammates. Do you
have it in you?
About The Role
As a SeniorDeveloper, you will analyze, design, program, test, document, and maintain software
applications for Fortune companies. You will be working in close collaboration with the business, as
well as other teams across StatusNeo paying special attention to solutions’ architecture and code
We offer you a great opportunity to work on cutting edge projects and enhance your knowledge base.
You level up your technical skills while performing lots of challenging and interesting tasks.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Writing clean and efficient codes for Android applications
• Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level
• Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application
• Performing unit and instrumentation tests on code
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and design new features
• Staying up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• You have prior experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK,
• You have experience in publishing an application on the Google Play store
• Proven work experience in design patterns mobile architecture using frameworks such as
• Familiarity with RESTful APIs to effectively integrate Android applications
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
• Familiarity with various testing tools
• You are a problem solver with good analytical skills
What We Offer
• National and International Business Trips (if there is an opportunity)
• Culture of Knowledge Sharing and Training
• Modern & lively working environment
• Opportunity to write books, participate in conferences
• International assignment
• Relocation opportunities
MX Player is the world’s best video player and the world’s largest vid eo platform, with an install base of 500+ million worldwide and 350+ million in India. It has consistently ranked amongst the top 10 Android apps since 2012.
MX Player reaches its vast user base via an ever increasing list of supported platforms including native Android and iOS apps, mobile and desktop web applications and other portable devices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Designs and codes features for the Android application as per the specifications provided by Product and Design teams.
● Write unit tests for all features.
● Ships feature fast moving agile sprints.
● Works closely with API, Product Design and Product Management teams to brainstorm and chalk out details of features.
Skills Must have:
● Software Developer with at least 4 years of experience in building apps for the Android
● Good understanding of Java.
● Good understanding of Android application architecture and design.
● Good understanding of memory management, network interaction, concurrency and multi-threading in Android.
● Understanding of complete application development, continuous integration & testing and app distribution infrastructure.
Good to have:
● Good understanding of the Kotlin language.
● Good understanding of RxJava.
● Past experience of working in large scale multi-module apps.
● Past experience of building video streaming apps.
● Past experience of working with third party libraries and dependency management on Android.
• Proficient in Data Structure and Algorithms
• Proficient in Java, Kotlin and concepts like Kotlin coroutines, Jetpack components.
• Good understanding of various Android tools, Systrace and Perfetto for performance measuring,
memory management, battery, frame drops.
• Always on the lookout for new developments in the Android world and improving things.
• Familiarity with networking, databases, threading and memory concepts.
• Hands-on with code reusability, clean architecture, modularization, build time optimizations.
• Familiar with various third-party tools, libraries widely used and under the hood understanding.
• Understanding and hands-on with Material design principles and interface guidelines.
• Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
• Decent understanding of how things work at the backend, reporting and other systems.
• Good understanding of the various CI/CD tools.
• Should have experience in writing Unit and UI tests.
• Good at logical reasoning and data structure.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, information systems, computer science, or related field preferred
- 4 or More Years of technical experience in product design and support
- .NET, SQL Server, IIS, PowerShell, Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning,
- Mobile and PC Application Development, Cloud Computing.
- Strong understanding of the OOPS concept.
- Working experience in Java and Kotlin language. (Must)
- Knowledge of Offline Sync, Multithreading, Realm/Room/SQLLite databases, Live data, Socket Programming. (Must)
- Familiar with Android Jetpack components (Must)
- Idea/Experience of MVC/MVVM and MVP
- At least 1 live application on Playstore. (Must)
- Good debugging and problem-solving skills.
Good to have
- Idea/experience in RxJava, RxKotlin
- Idea/experience of unit and instrumentation testing in Android
- Knowledge of Web RTC.
- Experience with tools like Git, Jira, Basecamp, BitBucket, Azure DevOps would be an advantage.
- Good to have experience working with IOT projects, Bluetooth technologies
- Active Open Source, GitHub or Stack Overflow contribution will be a big plus
- Having personal apps in play store will be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends & emerging technologies.
What we look for in people
critical thinking, openness to unlearn and learn, collaborate seamlessly cross borders, enjoy working in a remote and fast paced environment, curious and passionate about solving customer problems, consensus driven decision making approach, persuasive communication and precision for details
Min 3 yrs of working in Android
Min 2 yrs of working in iOS
Min 6 months working in React Native
Min 1 yr of team handling experience
Strong in data structures and algorithms
Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
Hands-on with SOLID design principles
Should have developed and delivered successful mobile app projects
Experience in -
Consumer facing apps
Analytics SDKs integrations
Marketing SDKs integrations
Building production grade mobile applications
Experience in working in Agile/Scrum projects and fast paced environments
Preference for candidates with :
Payments/financial systems background
Initiative taker. Not expecting spoon feed.
Team player - looking beyond personal KRAs and helping the team succeed
3H - Humble, Honest and Hard-worker
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the technical design and implementation of new products and enhancements. They will work in all phases of the development cycle: concept to implementation.
- Perform full life-cycle development
- Adhere to agreed upon delivery schedules
- Utilizes source control, continuous integration, and unit testing best practices
- Work cross-functionally to define and write code for new features
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 2+ years' experience in related area
- Experience with iOS and Android platforms
- 3-4 years experience only in NATIVE REACT JS who has worked on both ANDROID & IOS MOBILE APP Development.
- Overall experience must be at least seven years
- Should have experience in integrating different payment gateways
- Able to write optimised code with MVC structure.
- Should have experience working with API
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines ( Not Mandatory, but good to have)
- Knowledge of Typescript would be beneficial
- Should have basic database knowledge
- Should be able to take initiative
- Must be a team player
- Strong passion for Programming in general and Android App development in specific.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong system design and architecture skills - specifically for android.
- Curiosity to tinker around, explore new paradigms, and strong zest for continuous improvement.
- Over 4+ years of Android App development experience with strong basics and complete exposure to Android development.
- Idea/experience of unit and instrumentation testing in Android E2E App development and/or experience of developing SDKs is good to have.