We are looking for an Android developer interested in building performant mobile apps on Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building the applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs Android platform.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with Android platform.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Firm grasp of the Kotlin language and its nuances.
- Knowledge of functional or object-oriented programming Ability to write well-documented and clean code.
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like Gradle , Android Studio, IntelliJ and Play console. Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Self-motivated, team player, action--and-results oriented.
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines.
Experience in Kotlin is mandatory .
About Saveo Healthtech Pvt Ltd
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 15 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives. If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
Porter has multiple mobile apps used by our consumers - app used by our customers to place on-demand orders, app used by our drivers to service those orders, and app used by fleet owners to manage their vehicles on our platform. Each of these apps is frequently iterated over to improve functionality and experience. In such a fast paced environment, we expect our mobile developers to develop and maintain these complex apps with a heavy focus on code design to keep the code easily extensible and maintainable.
- Product Life Cycle
- Work closely with the Product Team to understand business requirements and product solutions.
- Flesh out Use Cases to be implemented and chart out development iterations
- Drive design discussions with heavy focus on modeling entities and interactions,following architectural patterns like MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Review all code being written to ensure it is clean, readable, maintainable and performant, following well established design principles.
- Ensure test coverage of business logic, UIs and integration.
- Project Management
- Collaborate with multiple teams - backend teams for finalizing APIs, design team for UI/ UX, QA for testing, etc.
- Do iteration planning, give release estimates, share tracker and ensure timely releases.
- Ensure bugs & crashes escalated are tracked and fixed in a timely manner.
- Non Functional
- Ensure the apps are performant - no memory leaks, no frame drops, battery usage, etc.
- Explore, evaluate and drive adoption of new technologies, tools and SDKs as maybe necessary to improve the entire development process.
- Work with cross-platform technologies, like Kotlin Multiplatform, to ensure consistency of features and code reuse across Android / iOS platforms.
- Team Management
- Manage a team of upto 4 - 5 members.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
- Languages: Kotlin, Java, SQL, Ruby (backend)
- Frameworks: RIBs, Kotlin Multiplatform, Ruby on Rails (backend)
- Architectures: MVVM, MVP, Clean Architecture, etc
- Libraries: Kotlin Coroutines, RxJava, Dagger2, Arrow, etc
- Integrations: AWS services, Payment Gateways (Razorpay, etc), Google Maps, Firestore, etc
Products & Systems Overview
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
- Customer App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are placed from this app making it our primary business driver. o To keep the code for this large complex app maintainable, there is a heavy emphasis on good design and architecture. Currently the RIBsframework is used to break the code recursively into smaller components.
- To ensure feature parity and consistency across our Android and iOS platforms, weuse Kotlin Multiplatformto re-use business logic code across the two platforms.
- Partner App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are fulfilled by drivers using this app.
- Given that the app is expected to run for long hours on cheaper phones there is a heavy emphasis on keeping the apps performant - optimizing battery consumption and memory usage.
- The app serves as a medium for onboarding - providing functionality for partners to upload and verify their documents using Image Processing.
- To train the drivers for every new feature launched, we provide a guided audio-visual training session - using visual cues like hint to click / swipe with synchronized pre
- configured audio to guide him through the sequence of steps.
- Fleet Owner Apps:
- A multi-platform app for fleet owners to manage their drivers and track their performance and earnings on our platform.
- Allow them to bid for new client contracts.
Apply only if you want to build India's Audible with us and improve lives.
We are a bootstrapped profitable company. And looking for people who take accountability and has owner mentality.
• Min 9+ Years in Android Application Development, know how’s of iOS development is an advantage.
• Experience with cross platform technologies - React Native, Flutter is a big plus
• Managing systems in production and understands the release process, monitoring, and debugging
• 1-2 years of experience managing and growing engineering teams
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivering quality products
• Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining high performance, high availability, large-scale
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
- The Flutter Mobile Developer will create multi-platform apps for iOS and Android using Google's new Flutter development framework.
- Prior experience developing with Flutter is mandatory
- Flutter is very new, so even if you have never launched a production Flutter app, familiarity with it is important.
- Experience developing with Dart, whether with Flutter or for the web, is required.
- Additionally, deep experience contributing to and managing high-scale production mobile apps is desired
- Be proficient in using version control and continuous integration, with tools such as Git and Jenkins
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Desire to work in a Startup environment, able to self-manage.
- Must have built at least two Android and/or iOS apps with Flutter
- Proven working experience in software development
- Working experience in mobile development
- Have published one or more mobile apps in Google Play or App Store
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Good communication skills in English
You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning significant architectural and product areas of the platform
- You’ll make the key decisions and see them through to successful user engagement
- Delivering features that make a big impact on our growth journey
- Writing high-quality, highly-performant code
- Pushing changes every week
- Participating in code reviews and architectural discussions - we want you to bring your expertise to the team and make us all better engineers
You’ll be successful if you are:
- An expert with Kotlin and the rest of the Android ecosystem
- Collaborative and want to see the team succeed in its goals
- Practical about tradeoffs between speed and polish
- Passionate about showing others how to do something new
- Excited to join a small team that moves quickly
We are looking for an Android engineer to help us build our Android app from the ground up. You will be central to scaling our product to thousands of travelers and helping simplify travel for them. We talk to customers daily, ship code several times a day, and measure every little interaction!
We are looking for:
Someone who is passionate about beautifully designed app experiences
Fascinated by all aspects of application development, from brainstorming
design to implementation and release.
Team player who can write clean and maintainable code.
Someone with strong foundation in data structures & algorithms, OS,
Someone with excellent knowledge of Java Technology Stack, Mobile
Development, and Android eco-system.
Someone with good understanding of mobile app UI/UX and Material Design.
3+ years of software development experience in Android.
Someone with excellent debugging and optimization skills.
- Mobile App development using react native framework
- Expert in creating smooth UIs across both iOS & Android mobile platforms
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Should be able to solve complex technical, scalability or performance challenges
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Follow coding standards, unit testing, code reviews etc.