What will you do?
- Develop IP-based communication platforms like video conferencing, IM, etc., new user-facing features, and enhance our main front-end platforms.
- Develop specifications and designs for complex applications or modify/maintain complex existing applications.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, and Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Write clean, high-performance, maintainable code and generate automated unit, regression and integration tests.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams including mobile developers to deliver a great product experience for Houm consumers.
- 5 to 6 years of hands-on industry experience in core front-end web development using Angular 9. x.
- 4 to 5 years of hands-on industry experience in real-time web application development using Socket.IO
- Strong knowledge of bi-directional communication between web clients and servers, design principles, multithreading, design patterns, and best practices behind a scalable application and ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: real-time collaboration application development, real-time multimedia communication application development, SIP application development, or Instant messaging (IM) application development.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, prototype inheritance, composition, partial page updates, and application rendering behaviour and performance.
- Proficient understanding of cross-platform compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues, code versioning tools such as Github.
- Experience with distributed memory caching systems, and web-socket communications such as Redis or Memcached.
- Working experience in cloud environments, and any NoSQL databases like Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra etc.
About Houm Technology Pvt Ltd
We are looking for Streaming Engineer with min !yr of experience
As a Streaming Engineer in our team, you will have the opportunity to tackle the challenges of developing large-scale distributed systems to support the low latency and high-quality end to end live streaming experience on a global scale, while leveraging your expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc
Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, Webrtc, etc
Experience in developing audio/video streaming servers or clients/players
Knowledge of common network architectures (routers/switches/proxies, etc) and protocols (HTTP, etc)
Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc)
Working Knowledge on media Streaming servers like Red5, Wowza, or equivalent
Working Knowledge on Cloud Technologies like S3 NetStorage, Cloudfront, etc
Working Knowledge on Video Transcoding using tools like FFmpeg, Elemental, etc.
Excellent troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc
Excellent scripting experience preferred (Python, Bash).
Strong communication and collaboration skills
Should have an ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving an extraordinary quality
Should have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Note- Work From Office only