Position: Sr Frontend Developer
- Passion for creating great user experience that are simple and intuitive
- Good understanding of CS fundamental algorithms and Data Structures.
- Great problem solver
- Understands and researches different front-end frameworks and pattern to implement great user interfaces.
- Implements solution keeping in mind the user experience, multi-devices, performance across devices and bandwidths to provide intuitive user experiences on multiple devices
- Ability to work in an Agile environment with rapid iterations
- Creates and reviews high level designs
- Creates detailed designs from high level designs and review designs of other team members
- A Code Craftsman that follows best software development and coding practices delivering understandable and maintainable code with thorough unit tests coverage
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning, and performance monitoring a web application.
- In depth knowledge of browser internals and architecture.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, design and development.
- Hands on experience with front-end frameworks like React, Redux, Backbone, Webpack.
- Experience with responsive web design and frameworks media queries and delivering functionality that works with a range of client devices/browsers from desktops and laptops to mobile platforms.
- Experience with UI design patterns, security, performance and usability.
- Familiar with standard development tools like version control systems like Github, build tools like Grunt.
- At least 5 years of experience
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science or equivalent
- Working experience with ES6, Node.js
- Experience in a driven, distributed and agile development environment.
- Experience with performance optimisations to deliver great website experience to all users.
- Familiarity with Storybook for React or similar frameworks.
About CK-12 Foundation
CK-12’s mission is to provide free access to open-source content and technology tools that empower students as well as teachers to enhance and experiment with different learning styles, resources, levels of competence, and circumstances.
To achieve this noble and ambitious vision, we at CK-12 are challenging traditional model of education to transform it dramatically. Technology has opened up lots of opportunities to revolutionize education for the benefit of students, teachers and parents.
We have chosen to be non-profit so that we can effectively realize our mission and so that we can do the right thing! It also provides us the ability to experiment big and bold ideas. CK-12 is backed by Vinod Khosla, a renowned technology venture capitalist.
At CK-12, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, innovative and non bureaucratic environment where you will get a lot of cool things done than you ever imagined! We are a small group of passionate folks who are determined to disrupt the current form of education. We came together from companies such as Apple, eBay, Amazon, McGraw-Hill, and startups.
Technology is key to scale education and we deeply believe in it. Come develop great solutions on our cloud based (AWS) AI-first platform delivering rich and interactive content.
Does our mission, people and technologies excite you? If the answer is YES! and you are a great technologist who will challenge status-quo (no order takers please!) by innovating, please come join us! Together, we will change the world!
Check out how CK-12 is making an impact in teaching and learning - https://www.ck12info.org/about/testimonials/
We are a multi-award-winning creative engineering company offering design and technology solutions on mobile, web, and cloud platforms.
We are looking for an ambitious Frontend developer to join our team.
- Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows.
- Understand the business needs of our customers and provide solutions to the same.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, Optimize applications for maximum security, speed, and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to the back-end, Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals and excellent problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of software engineering practices, Data Structures & Algorithms
- Good hands-on ReactJS/Angular/Vue.js
- Experience with popular React.js workflows such as Flux or Redux
- Unit testing: knowledge of front-end testing frameworks
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
UI Development - Intern
Converts into a full time ‘UI Developer’ position based on performance
A UI Developer, for an early-stage Analytics startup who can help us translate UX designs into a responsive and rich user interface. Also help in improving design/functionality of product. End goal is to achieve product-market objectives
The candidate will have rich learning into what goes into designing, developing, and scaling a product from scratch. A chance to grow into a UI Development Owner in medium term
1. Own UI Development closely with UX / Technology Owner
2. Implement and maintain product UI modules/sub-systems.
3. Perform bug verification, release testing and support for assigned products.
4. Conduct unit testing and integration testing.
5. Make sure the delivered product matches the business requirements.
Expectations from candidate
1. Ability: Good at logical thinking, problem solving
2. Inclination: Curious and strong willingness to learn from problems, write good code
3. Knowledge: Basics of UI Development (Some academic degree/certification or Prior experience/Projects preferred), Data visualization
5. Interest in product focused work in a fast-moving start-up environment
6. Attitude: We are looking for a person with an owner mindset who can partner with us in building our product with a lot of commitment. We like people who are curious problem solvers and are interested in learning with us and working hard.
What we offer
1. Great culture focused on outcomes through learning and experimentation
2. Mentoring by experienced professionals from pedigreed backgrounds (IIT/IIMs)
3. Growth, ownership, and flexibility to achieve your goals.
Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles.
Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
Familiarity with newer specifications of Ecma Script.
Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
AutoScheduler is looking for a remote Front-End Full-Stack Developer to join our talented team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is interested in constant learning. We want this person to join our dynamic team as we take an established software and re-develop it from scratch as a part of a new start up.
We are looking for a Front-End developer responsible for rebuilding the back-end and front-end components of the AutoScheduler user interface. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications and services, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, robust design, and quality product is essential.
What will you do? 🤔
- Lead frontend team and work with Engineering Team to design beautiful products and thoughtful interactions that make the experience of working with data seamless!
- Help us design and optimize the performance of our products.
- Some of our users work with large data sets and have complex workflows that they manage with Atlan. You will be expected to prioritize user experience while building for scale.
- Design and develop products for diverse personas—data analysts in a large FMCG company, a data scientist working with a large fintech organization or a business user in a product startup.
- Collaborate across teams to achieve company-wide engineering goals and contribute to building a great engineering culture.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- You have experience building a product from scratch or being in the initial frontend team of any startup.
- You have worked on building and debugging complex systems in both individual and team environments.
- You have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand.
- You are an expert in Vue.js or Nuxt.js and have a desire to deepen your knowledge in current technologies as well as learn new ones.
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence product direction.
- You have lead a team of frontend engineers previously.
- You love crafting beautiful UI & solid UX/DX to solve the users’ problem. You have a knack to go one step further to delight the user.
- You understand the big data landscape and empathize with the problems of data teams.
- You have previously worked in a startup environment, preferably with a SaaS product.
- You love open-source as much we do! Bonus points if you are an active contributor to the community (speak at conferences and meetups).