- Develop and Maintain IAC using Terraform and Ansible
- Draft design documents that translate requirements into code.
- Deal with challenges associated with scale.
- Assume responsibilities from technical design through technical client support.
- Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and context-switch in a fast paced environment.
- Thrive in an environment that uses Elasticsearch extensively.
- Keep abreast of technology and contribute to the engineering strategy.
- Champion best development practices and provide mentorship
An AWS Certified Engineer with strong skills in
- Terraform o Ansible
- *nix and shell scripting
- Circle CI
- Prometheus and Grafana
- Challenges of scale
- Production support
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrable desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mature collaboration and mentoring abilities.
Our clients can aggregate, search, surveillance and report on trade, communications and market data. SteelEye also enables customers to gain powerful insights from their data, helping them to trade with greater efficiency and profitability. The company has a highly experienced management team and a strong board, who have decades of technology and management experience and worked in senior positions at many leading international financial businesses.
We are a vibrant, fun and exciting group of people that share a passion for technology and data. If you have what it takes to become a part of the SteelEye family, you have come to the right place. This is where you will find information about our people, culture and our current job opportunities.
What are you going to do?
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS and GCP cloud based production systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of testing and production systems.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and products
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
- Keeping an update related to developer tools,DevOps cloud computing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Blue Green Deployment, Continuous Monitoring, Automate Infrastructure, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Build, Continuous Testing.
You need to have:
- 1+ years experience with using a broad range of cloud technologies which will be covering AWS EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, Docker, Lambda etc. (or equivalents in GCP and/or Azure) to develop and maintain cloud solutions, with focus on practicing cloud security.
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime cloud environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
2. Kubernetes Engineer
DevOps Systems Engineer with experience in Docker Containers, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Ansible, Jenkins and other tools. As part of this role she/he must work with the container best practices in design, development and implementation.
At Least 4 Years of experience in DevOps with knowledge of:
- Docker Cloud / Containerization
- DevOps Best Practices
- Distributed Applications
- Deployment Architecture
- Atleast AWS Experience
- Exposure to Kubernetes / Serverless Architecture
- 3-7+ years of experience in DevOps Engineering
- Strong experience with Docker Containers, Implementing Docker Containers, Container Clustering
- Experience with Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Docker Engine
- Experience with Provisioning and managing VM's - Virtual Machines
- Experience / strong knowledge with Network Topologies, Network Research,
- Jenkins, BitBucket, Jira
- Ansible or other Automation Configuration Management System tools
- Scripting & Programming using languages such as BASH, Perl, Python, AWK, SED, PHP, Shell
- Linux Systems Administration -: Redhat
Security, SSL configuration, Best Practices
- 7+ years of experience in System Administration, Networking, Automation, Monitoring
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing systems deployed in public cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience implementing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Concourse, etc.)
- Linux experience, flavours: Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS (sysadmin, bash scripting)
- Experience setting up monitoring (Datadog, Splunk, etc.)
- Experience in Infrastructure Automation tools like Terraform
- Experience in Package Manager for Kubernetes like Helm Charts
- Experience with databases and data storage (Oracle, MongoDB, Postgres SQL, ELK stack)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with orchestration technologies (Kubernetes or DC/OS)
- Familiar with Agile Software Development
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve client experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Node or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Strong working knowledge of AWS.
- Implements AWS cloud platform.
- Infrastructure as Code, GitLab CI/CD, and DevOps standard methodologies
- scripting in Shell, Python, Ruby or any preferred scripting language
Terraform expertise is a MUST for this role.
a short exercise on terraform to all shortlisted candidates to demonstrate their hands-on skills on terraform before rolling out the offer
Providing expertise on all matters related to CI, CD and DevOps.
Building and maintaining highly available production systems.
Developing and maintaining release related documents, such as release plan, release notes etc.
Ensuring quality releases and managing release and configuration change conflicts to resolution.
Tracking release and publishing release notes. Investigating and resolving technical issues by deploying updates/ fixes.
Onboard applications to DevOps process.
Setup and configure build jobs.
Create automated deployment scripts.
Configure JIRA workflow, and integrate with Jenkins / Micro-services.
Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and have previous experience as a DevOps Engineer.
AWS Certification will be a plus.
Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Terraform & Cloud Formation
Solid experience within release management, infra architecture, CI&CD.
Highly goal driven and work well in fast paced environments.
Proven experience of using Jenkins, Unix Shell Commands, Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes),
Java Programming, Groovy Script, Git, Code Branching Strategy, Maven, Gradle, JIRA, ECS, OpenShift.
Position: DevOps Engineer
The candidate should have the following Skills:
- Hands-on experience with DevOps & CICD open source tools (Jenkins, ), including AWS DevOps services (CodePipeline, CloudFormation, etc).
- Experience in building and deploying using Java/Python/Node.js on Cloud infrastructure (Docker or Kubernetes containers or Lambda.)
- Exposure to Cloud operations, releases, and configuration management
- Experience in implementing Non-functional requirements for microservices, including performance, security, compliance, HA and Disaster Recovery.
- Good soft skills, great attitude, and passion for working in a product startup environment
Total Experience of 2-5 years post BE or BTech or MCA in Computer Science Engineering.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- You have at least 7 years of DevOps experience.
- You have deep understanding of AWS and cloud architectures/services.
- You have expertise within the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You have experience working with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or others.
- You have experience enabling CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- You take security into account when building new systems.
What we are looking for
Work closely with product & engineering groups to identify and document
Design infrastructure solutions balancing requirements, operational
constraints and architecture guidelines.
Implement infrastructure including network connectivity, virtual machines
Implement and follow security guidelines, both policy and technical to
protect our customers.
Resolve incidents as escalated from monitoring solutions and lower tiers.
Identify root cause for issues and develop long term solutions to fix recurring
Ability to automate recurring tasks to increase velocity and quality.
Partner with the engineering team to build software tolerance for
infrastructure failure or issues.
Research emerging technologies, trends and methodologies and enhance
existing systems and processes.
Master’s/Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, or related technical field, and two years of experience
in software/systems or related.
5+ years overall experience.
Work experience must have included:
Proven track record in deploying, configuring and maintaining Ubuntu server
systems on premise and in the cloud.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting
TCP/IP networks, VPN, Load Balancers & Firewalls.
Minimum 3 years of experience working in public clouds like AWS & Azure.
Hands on experience in any of the configuration management tools like Anisble,
Chef & Puppet.
Strong in performing production operation activities.
Experience with Container & Container Orchestrator tools like Kubernetes, Docker
Swarm is plus.
Good at source code management tools like Bitbucket, GIT.
Configuring and utilizing monitoring and alerting tools.
Scripting to automate infrastructure and operational processes.
Hands on work to secure networks and systems.
Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision making skills
Ability to manage and deliver multiple project phases at the same time
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interview focus areas
Networks, systems, monitoring
AWS (EC2, S3, VPC)
Problem solving, scripting, network design, systems administration and
Culture fit, agility, bias for action, ownership, communication
Radical is a platform connecting data, medicine and people -- through machine learning, and usable, performant products. Software has never been the strong suit of the medical industry -- and we are changing that. We believe that the same sophistication and performance that powers our daily needs through millions of consumer applications -- be it your grocery, your food delivery or your movie tickets -- when applied to healthcare, has a massive potential to transform the industry, and positively impact lives of patients and doctors. Radical works with some of the largest hospitals and public health programmes in India, and has a growing footprint both inside the country and abroad.
As a DevOps Engineer at Radical, you will:
Work closely with all stakeholders in the healthcare ecosystem - patients, doctors, paramedics and administrators - to conceptualise and bring to life the ideal set of products that add value to their time
Work alongside Software Developers and ML Engineers to solve problems and assist in architecture design
Work on systems which have an extraordinary emphasis on capturing data that can help build better workflows, algorithms and tools
Work on high performance systems that deal with several million transactions, multi-modal data and large datasets, with a close attention to detail
We’re looking for someone who has:
Familiarity and experience with writing working, well-documented and well-tested scripts, Dockerfiles, Puppet/Ansible/Chef/Terraform scripts.
Proficiency with scripting languages like Python and Bash.
Knowledge of systems deployment and maintainence, including setting up CI/CD and working alongside Software Developers, monitoring logs, dashboards, etc.
Experience integrating with a wide variety of external tools and services
Experience navigating AWS and leveraging appropriate services and technologies rather than DIY solutions (such as hosting an application directly on EC2 vs containerisation, or an Elastic Beanstalk)
It’s not essential, but great if you have:
An established track record of deploying and maintaining systems.
Experience with microservices and decomposition of monolithic architectures
Proficiency in automated tests.
Proficiency with the linux ecosystem
Experience in deploying systems to production on cloud platforms such as AWS
The position is open now, and we are onboarding immediately.
Please write to us with an updated resume, and one thing you would like us to see as part of your application. This one thing can be anything that you think makes you stand apart among candidates.
Radical is based out of Delhi NCR, India, and we look forward to working with you!
We're looking for people who may not know all the answers, but are obsessive about finding them, and take pride in the code that they write. We are more interested in the ability to learn fast, think rigorously and for people who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, and take large bets -- only to work hard and prove themselves correct. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Join us.