● Building and managing multiple application environments on AWS using automation tools like Terraform or
● Deploy applications with zero downtime via automation with configuration management tools such as Ansible.
● Setting up Infrastructure monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana
● Setting up centralised logging using tools such as ELK.
● Containerisation of applications/microservices.
● Ensure application availability to 99.9% with highly available infrastructure.
● Monitoring performance of applications and databases.
● Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats.
● Working with software developers to ensure that release cycle and deployment processes are followed.
● Evaluating existing applications and platforms, give recommendations for enhancing performance via gap analysis,
identifying the most practical alternative solutions and assisting with modifications.
● Strong knowledge of AWS Managed Services such as EC2, RDS, ECS, ECR, S3, Cloudfront, SES, Redshift, Elastic Cache,
● Experience in handling production workloads.
● Experience with Nginx web server.
● Experience with NoSql and Sql Databases such as MongoDB, Postgresql etc.
● Experience with Containerisation of applications/micro services using Docker.
● Understanding of system administration in Linux environments.
● Strong Knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code such as Terraform, Cloudformation etc.
● Strong knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef etc.
● Familiarity with tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Vercel, JIRA etc.
● Proficiency in scripting languages including Bash, Python etc.
● Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices and agile methodology
● Strong communication and documentation skills.
● An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
● Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
● Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
- Ensure continuous delivery of software products and their maintenance releases(Service Packs, Hotfixes).
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on require
Desired Candidate Profile
- Working experience on Linux based infrastructure
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Working experience in implementing CI/CD with their underlying technologies / tools (e.g. Jenkins, GIT, Gradle/Maven, Artifactory) (Mandatory)
- Experience with Microservices architecture, configuration, development and deployment with their underlying technologies including Docker/Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform and Prometheus (Mandatory)
- Exposure and knowledge of one or more tools such as Jenkins, Ansible (Mandatory)
- Working experience on Git/SVN version control experience (Mandatory)
- Programming/scripting knowledge in BASH / Python (Mandatory)
- Experience with any cloud infrastructure (AWS, AZURE, GCP)
- Knowledge in SQL & NoSQL Database
- Good knowledge of common web protocols, networking, and systems
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools(IaS) like Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Proficiency in cloud-native technologies and architectures (Docker/ Kubernetes), Ci/CD pipelines.
- Expertise in Linux / Windows environment.
- Good Experience in Scripting languages like PowerShell / Bash/ Python.
- Proficiency in revision control and DevOps best practices like Git
Are you a good fit?
If you can integrate or learn to integrate Prometheus monitoring for services that run inside pods on Kubernetes, you are the person we are looking for.
If you don't know any of these terms, our apologies, this is not the job for you.
- Should be able to understand deployment process of client and propose best implementation options for HyperTest.
- Should know or quickly learn all there is to linux administration.
- Should be able to troubleshoot infrastructure, installation problems.
- Should have good expertise in dealing with popular reverse proxies/load balancers like nginx, ha-proxy, IIS, apache, envoy, etc.
- Should have good expertise in working with docker and containers in general.
- Experience with kubernetes would be a huge plus.
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there.
- Not Particular about shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience.
- Very hands-on, does not seek direction constantly neither needs continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks.
- Not looking to work in very large teams.
- First-hand opportunity to learn ML and Data science (CTO is MS in AI/ML from Georgia Tech) and apply to real-life engineering problems that HyperTest solves
- Generous stock options in a fast growing company in a $50bn market. Opportunity to be a early employee and a future technical leader
- Handsome pay according to industry norms
Candidates who will not be a good fit
- Experience of only working with services company or having spent major part of their time there
- Particular about not shifting to a new language or stack but exploring a position aligned to their current technical experience
- Not very hands-on, seek direction constantly and need continuous supervision from a manager to finish tasks
- Looking to work in very large teams
P.S. If selected for interview probable assignment:
Setup Prometheus on a kubernetes cluster for a deployment. (deployment yaml files would be provided to you)
This role requires a balance between hands-on infrastructure-as-code deployments as well as involvement in operational architecture and technology advocacy initiatives across the Numerator portfolio.
- PowerShell Scripting
- Having configured a CI system.
- Understanding on how to introduce a CD process to a CI workflow
- Ability to build projects, run unit tests, run automated test framework within a CI system.
- Use of cloud based platform AWS/Azure
- Familiar with build and teardown infrastructure scripts
- Familiar with ASP.Net Applications and scripting with MS Build
- Windows Server IIS, SQL
Founded in 2018, HighLevel Inc. (www.gohighlevel.com) is a two tier B2B SaaS Platform focussed on Marketing Agencies. We aspire to be a one stop shop for marketing agencies. We enable agencies to serve their clients with ease using the best cutting edge tools of the industry. Our clientele includes digital marketing agencies, Ads agencies, SEO agencies, Call center / Sales agencies and freelancers. We operate across niches like real-estate, dental & medical, local businesses, e-commerce, professional services and field services.
Our platform comprises various product areas including CRM, funnel builder, website builder, forms & surveys, WordPress hosting, email marketing, telephony, reviews management, omni-box communications, social media, invoicing & payments to name a few. We currently service over 15,000 agencies and 120,000 small & medium businesses with a 200+ strong team that works entirely remote across 15 nations.
We encourage you to check out out youtube channel to learn more about out platform - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFiV4qDX5ipE-DQcsm1j4g
About the team
The Expansion Products team is responsible for driving volumetric & usage based upgrades and upsells within the platform to maximize revenue potential (apart from the subscription revenue). We do this by building innovative products & features that solve real-world problems for agencies and allow them to consolidate their offering to their clients in a single platform packaged under their white-labled brand.
The expansion products team focuses exclusively on products that can demonstrate adoption, drive up engagement in target segments and are easily monetizable. This team handles multiple product areas including Phone System, email system, online listing integration, WordPress Hosting, Memberships & Courses, Mobile Apps, etc.
Why should you join HighLevel?
HighLevel is an exciting place to work because of the passionate, driven team that we have. At HighLevel
- It’s never somebody else’s job
- We are passionately focussed on adding value for our users
- We deliver fast using lean principles. We go to market in weeks instead of quarters
- A good idea always gets tested
- We take care of our team so our team can take care of our users
- We embrace that improvement is constant and iterative
- You will learn how to scale B2B SaaS Startup and build relevant, impactful products for customers
About the role
HighLevel Inc is looking for an Infrastructure (DevOps) for our WordPress Hosting & Reselling Product. The MVP is already out in beta and we have proof of adoption. You will need to own this product and scale it to match the competition. You will be supported by a team of fullstack devs and other infra specialists, designers, other teams & guided by the leadership. You will be required to build scalable infrastructure choices to provide a reliable, predictable and scalable managed WordPress hosting experience for our clients. You will also help the team in monitoring and reducing our infrastructure costs by making smart trade-offs and infrastructure related decisions.
Type - Full Time (Remote in India)
- Own and build a strategy to scale our new WordPress hosting product from an infrastructure stand-point
- Work with your colleagues to build a scalable and cost-effective managed wordpress hosting infrastructure that provides a reliable experience to our clients
- Setup monitoring and alerting systems to have visibility into the health of WordPress instances hosted with us
- Perform benchmark tests against the competition to test our site speed, load times and infra scalability
- Guide support and customer success teams in understanding the product in greater detail
- Work with product team to deliver a managed WordPress hosting experience that is user friendly and at-par with the best available options in the market
Your Core Skills
- You to dig into problems and do not rest until you have a solution
- You are comfortable using Terraform
- You have a deep understanding of GCP (or AWS) ecosystem and have deployed large complex web apps in the past
- You have a working knowledge of a variety of databases like SQL, Mongo, Firestore or other NoSQL DBs
- You have experience using jenkins
- You have worked on high-availability & scalable deployments
- B2B SaaS or agency experience
- Basic understanding of the WordPress ecosystem
- Linux Administration experience