At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front lines of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. What we offer is the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering groundbreaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership. Choose to be a Troublemaker – challenge the status quo, innovate, disrupt and seize the opportunity to transform yourself. All this while having fun along the way!
Specialist Platform – C++
The candidate will be working in a global development team environment spread across various locations building/supporting IT solutions for TRM domain (FO, MO and BO)
- Owns consistency and high quality in solution delivery
- Sets up the development and production environments and troubleshoots performance issues
- Participates in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- For package implementations, performs the gap analysis between business requirements and the package features and design the configuration, customizations, extensions, interfaces required to meet the requirements
- Represents the organization in customer-facing communication pertinent to Sapient’s technical expertise on the specific platform
- Develops and promote architectural best practices and standards
- Participate in development stage and play role of hands on developer as and when required
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE - 9-12 yrs.
We are seeking experienced people
- With strong hands on development experience on C++ development
- Capable of building architecture/design from scratch or taking existing production architecture and changing requirements to come up with cohesive, intelligent and logical solutions to the problems.
- The person will be leading and mentoring other developers to make significant contributions to the team and should be ready to be hands down as the situation demands.
- In-depth understanding of OOAD concepts and is able to think through a problem at abstract level to come up with the solution.
- Stronghold on applying enterprise design patterns to solve complex business problems. Has ability to understand the need of patterns, and has experience in doing tradeoffs to decide which pattern to use when.
- Experienced working and designing n tier applications. Should definitely be able to design / architect / have thoughts on the backend layer as well.
- Deep understanding of C++ specifically with respect to designing and development of core business layers of the application.
- Must have good working knowledge of designing and developing multithreaded applications.
- Hands on development work on C++ as core programming skills for at-least 5 years, preferably on Linux /Unix
- Strong experience using and implementing data structures.
- Should have experience in large and complex distributed systems (knowledge of CORBA/RMI/DCOM/etc)
- Should have good understanding of RDBMS with decent experience in writing complex SQL and stored procedures.
- Should have good understanding of messaging middleware concepts, usage and application (Message Queues, TIBCO, etc).
- Possess good communications and interpersonal skills
- Investment banking domain experience is added advantage
- Team player and able to assist junior member in development
- Good communications to handle coordination and liaison with different stakeholders
- Software Modularity
- Innovative design features
- High level Business Operations
- Interact with clients on conceptual & practical issues, Implementation techniques, appearance and Style
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure
Full Time Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (Science or Engineering preferred)
About Global Markets
Sapient Global Markets, a part of Publicis.Sapient, is a leading provider of services to today’s evolving financial and commodity markets. We provide a full range of capabilities to help our clients grow and enhance their businesses, create robust and transparent infrastructure, manage operating costs, and foster innovation throughout their organizations. We offer services across Advisory, Analytics, Technology, and Process, as well as unique methodologies in program management, technology development, and process outsourcing. Sapient Global Markets operates in key financial and commodity centers worldwide, including Boston, Calgary, Chicago, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Houston, London, Los Angeles, Milan, New York, Singapore, Washington D.C. and Zurich, as well as in large technology development and operations outsourcing centers in Bangalore, Delhi, and Noida, India. For more information, visit www.sapientglobalmarkets.com.
Sapient is a registered service mark of Sapient Corporation