We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
Millions of people use Notion — and this number is increasing every day. That means a million people trust us to deliver a fast, reliable, and secure experience, and we value this more than anything. We want to keep earning trust, while also continuing to amaze our users with the tools they can build in Notion. This is where you come in — to help us forge a performant and reliable path forward to the future.
What You'll Achieve:
- Write clean, secure, tested, and documented code.
- Design & enhance the Notion platform with new capabilities, as and when the need arises.
- Contribute to monitoring & scaling the architecture of the platform and the infrastructure.
- Write technical documentation, and contribute to determining internal processes.
- Contribute to recruiting of new backend employees
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 6+ years of experience building scalable platforms.
- Good understanding of database (Relational Or Nosql) internals like transactions, indexes. Experience in schema design.
- 2+ years of experience working on the AWS platform, and acquaintance with technologies like Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Good understanding of docker internals.
- Good communication skills, good leadership skills, attention to detail, a sound understanding of algorithms, and object-oriented programming.
Nice to Haves:
- You're proficient with any part of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Node.js, Memcached, Postgres, Docker, and Elasticsearch.
- You've heard of computing pioneers like Ada Lovelace, Douglas Engelbart, Alan Kay, and others—and understand why we're big fans of their work.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
Experience: 6-11 Yrs
We are a multi-award-winning creative engineering company offering design and technology solutions on mobile, web and cloud platforms.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Backend Developer to join our team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our clients to develop, test, and ship software.
- Design, code and maintain standard compliant APIs. • Debug complex applications
- Follow agile processes.
- Actively participate in project estimation, planning, code reviews and risk management activities
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Excellent hands-on experience in backend software development
- Proficient in NodeJS
- Hands on experience with relational [MySQL] and NoSQL databases [Preferably, MongoDB]
- Cloud deployment experience [Preferably, AWS]
- Experience in containerizing with Docker and Kubernetes is an added advantage.
- Experience in leading a team is an added advantage.
Designation: PHP Developer, Sr. Developer & Team Lead
Experience: 1 - 6 years
Salary: 2 - 7 lac per annum
No. of Positions: 10
Should have knowledge of any MVC framework like Yii, Yii2, Cakephp, etc.
Knowledge of mobile app APIs, JSON, etc.
Knowledge of version control systems like GIT is a plus.
At least 3 years of experience in any MVC frameworks is Mandatory for TL profile.
Working 5 days a week.
Group Health Insurance for our employees.
Work with a team of 270+ excellent engineers.
Additional Salary for an extra day spent in the office.
Lunch buffets for all our employees.
Fantastic Friday meals to dine in for employees.
Yearly and quarterly awards with CASH amount, Birthday coupons , Dinner coupons etc.
Team Dinners on Project Completion.
Festival celebration, Month End celebration and much more.
Equality: Absence of favoritism in hiring and promotions.
Educational Qualifications : B-Tech (CSE, IT) / M-Tech (CSE, IT) /MCA or any degree in the relevant field
Job Location : Mohali
HR | ToXSL Technologies Pvt Ltd. [ISO 9001:2015 Certified]
Industry: Software Services (Mobile, Web & IoT)
ToXSL, C-127, 2nd Floor, Industrial Area, Phase-8 (Sector - 72), Mohali. (Chandigarh)
What essential skills you need
▪ 8-11 years’ experience in back end Java/J2EE application development.
▪ Expertise in developing internet web applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
▪ Experience of working in a service-oriented architecture and web-based development.
▪ Experience in writing XSD, Wiz-dull including parsers like SAX, DOM.
▪ Experience in different modules of Spring framework like Dependency Injection (IoC), Spring MVC, Spring ORM along with JPA.
▪ Experience in Java Version 7.0+. Good experience with JMS, Spring & Hibernate.
▪ Experience in identifying database solutions for a given problem, preferably MySQL.
▪ Demonstrated ability to analyze business/functional requirements, develop well-structured, maintainable code, delivered on time, with automated tests. We are an XP/Agile development team.
▪ Hands on experience on tools like Log4j, JUnit, Mockito, SVN, Maven, Covertura.
▪ Knowledge in Java queuing system.
▪ Extensive Experience in using MVC (Model View Controller) architecture for developing applications using JSP, JSTL, Java Beans and Servlets.
▪ Hands on experience in using Application/Web servers like JBoss and Tomcat servers. Worked on databases like Oracle/MYSQL/NoSQL/HQL.
▪ Experience with e-commerce, retail, analytics, advertising, or media would be an advantage
Position : Backend Developer – SDE3 : Java/Nodejs
As part of the engineering team, you would be expected to have deep technology expertise with a passion for building highly scalable products. This is a unique opportunity where you can impact the lives of people across 150+ countries!
● Own architecture, design, development, and implementation of different modules/features of the services
● Design, develop, deploy and support web applications.
● Bring in industry best practices
● Discover opportunities for performance improvements
● Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality
● Focus on continuous delivery and reducing complexity
● Carry out code reviews and manage pull requests within the mobile application development team
● Build applications based on micro-services architecture
● Overall 5+ years of experience in Backend development (Java or Nodejs).
● B.E/B.Tech in CS or equivalent streams from institute of repute (IITs, NITs, BITs, IIITs or equivalent)
● Strong object oriented design skills & knowledge of design patterns
● Experience in working with data platform & data lake pipeline building is preferred.
● Experience designing & developing distributed systems involving multiple web services, databases (both SQL and NoSQL), caches, queues, etc. taking into consideration scalability, availability, fault tolerance, consistency, etc. of the overall system
● Well-aware of and enforces development best practices: Unit Tests, Code Reviews, Integration Tests, CI/CD, Monitoring, Alerting, etc
We are looking for 2+ Year experienced Back-end developer to join our Team.
You will be responsible for the development and management of server side of our web applications in terms of quality and scalability.
You should be passionate about writing optimised codes, and solving problems in real time, Data Structure and Algorithm.
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Should be adaptable to good practices and standards
- Capable to write scalable codes.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Follow emerging technologies
Required Candidate profile
- Hands on experience on Node Js, Typescript, Mongodb, Elastic Search, Kafka, RESTfull Apis, Python(Django), Angular, Flutter / Dart
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Understanding of deployment process with AWS/Digital Ocean/Microsoft Azure
- Good Understanding of System Design.
- Should be aware of design patterns
- Understanding of TDD
- Unit Test Frameworks - Chai, Mocha, Sinon, Supertest, Knock
What we are looking for
- We are looking for a candidate with around 2 years of experience in Backend Development. We are looking for a team player with a very good attitude.