SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Grounds up build REST API automation framework using best in class open source, cloud technologies. Help build automaton first Quality culture in a fast growing product team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and operates with a high sense of ownership.
What you will do:
- Author extensible, manageable REST API automation suite.
- Works closely with the Development team to release high quality, predictable releases.
- Develop detailed understanding of overall product architecture, engage at design time to access Automation and Test environment impact.
- Build Test plans, create prioritized regression suites.
You have 2 - 4 years of proven automation and quality assurance experience with any product.
- Strong hands on programming experience in either Java or Python.
- Deep understanding of REST APIs, have built Test Suites validating product functionalities using API automation frameworks like tavern, postman etc.
- Good to have an understanding of the AWS/Mobile App Automation. environment. ALBs, VPCs, IAM roles.
- Understanding of Docker is nice to have.
- Good understanding of Object oriented concepts.
About FPL Technologies Pvt Ltd
- You will be responsible reliability for major products / releases
- You will be responsible for creating test schedules, detailing test cases, test plans, and consolidating and reporting test results.
- You will be responsible for using the latest technologies to design and maintain automation for existing and new products.
- You will set up test environments for automation activities.
- You will track test coverage and key metrics.
- You will contribute to the continuous improvement of the QA processes and ensure repeatability.
- You will be a technology champion/mentor, and work with others to effectively use new technology to build effective automation.
- You will interact with other departments to gather/understand business requirements.
- You will be involved in the quality assurance stage of product development and deployment. You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the product created by developers is fit for purpose.
- You are employed to find bugs and issues within a product before it gets deployed to everyday users. You might work on bespoke, individual projects. You will need to be, or become, familiar with programming and using coding languages.
- You will be involved in sprints developing and testing new features, the product tester will provide second line support for queries from end users. This will involve keeping a knowledge base and standard responses to issues up-to-date, having issues triaged to them from the first line service desk to investigate and replicate, and to brief the product developers on the problems so issues can be added to the development backlog. This will involve considerable interaction with Fynd's clients and colleagues in the engineering and support teams.
- Strong Test Design skills
- Proficient in any of framework Jasmine Junit, Karate etc
- Work experience in Web Services (API) testing (SOAP/REST) & Test Automation (Functional & Performance)
- Proficient using tools like - (Postman, Rest Client), Selenium, JMeter
- Good Understanding of REST API types (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE) and its working knowledge
- Good understanding of at least one Domain, preferably eCommerce Domain
- Solid understanding of SQL and API testing experience doing data quality testing with large data sets
- Personal Skills
- Excellent communication as well as documentation skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently and contribute to the collaborative efforts of the team
- Empathy with customers
- Good Knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structure is mandatory
- Hands on automation testing experience in Web/Mobile app testing ( relevant 1 year)
- Possess good understanding of bug lifecycle and defect management process
- Experience in cross browser testing
Good to Have
- Good Understanding of Jenkins, Maven
- Good Understanding of a version control software
Role: Sr automation QA
Exp-5 to 9 years
CTC : 30 LPA
Locations: Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai
Mandatory Skills- api, cloud, Jenkins, java , selenium, AWS or azure.
As a QA, you will be responsible for having a keen eye on detailing the product and finding anomalies in the product flow/UI/text etc. Along with that, you’re responsible for designing and building best-in-class automation frameworks and systems for our high scale products that range from utility apps to transactional products to our service-oriented architecture. In addition, you will own key quality metrics, build test strategies and write automation tests.
The ideal candidate is passionate about finding even minute deviations in consumer products and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering bug-free and super consumer-friendly products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in building manual automation and test automation frameworks in Java, C++, C# or any modern programming language
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong experience in building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
- Experienced in mobile (IOS and Android) test automation
- Knowledge of industry-standard test automation tools
- Experience in non-functional testing, including load testing, battery testing etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Develop and execute test automation through hardware and software test tools.
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks.
- Analyze and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute acceptance, integration, installation system testing, Security testing, load testing, and Stress testing.
- Record test results and report and verify software bug fixes.
- Coordinate with program and development management teams in product development lifecycle to confirm end user product and quality requirements and shipment schedule.
- Establish test strategy and manual and automated test suites.
- Write documentation for automated processes including test plans, test procedures, and test cases.
GradRight is an ed-fin-tech startup focused on global higher education. Using data science, technology and strategic partnerships across the industry, we are enabling students to find the “Right University” at the “Right Cost”.
We are on a mission to aid a million students to find their best fit universities and financial offerings by 2025. Our flagship product - FundRight is the world’s first student loan bidding platform. We helped disburse more than USD 40 million in loans in 2020-21 and are growing aggressively.
Quality is paramount at GradRight and as an SDET, you’ll own it. You will have a 360 degree view of how software quality impacts the entire business, with which you’ll identify and address problem areas, contribute to testing efforts on a daily basis as well as participate in setting up an impeccable QA organization for the long term.
- Participate in sprint ceremonies and work with engineers, PMs and UX designers to understand feature requirements that can be converted into test cases
- Write/maintain test suites for new features, products and feature updates
- Contribute to discussions around writing testable code and ensure that sprints come to a successful closure while taking QA into consideration
- Constantly strive to keep test coverage to highest possible level
- Be the release owner - create test plans, monitor execution, report on test execution and work with engineers to ensure that bugs are fixed before releases
- Build testing frameworks to help improve the velocity of QA efforts across the organization
- Work with production support engineers to troubleshoot issues before handing them off to engineering team, while owning issue resolution
- At least 3 years experience as an SDET
- Expertise in various testing methodologies like functional, integration, black box, performance, etc
- Expertise in writing end to end automation tests for both mobile and web applications using frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Nightwatch, REST-Assured, etc
- Experience in designing QA strategy and developing corresponding test automation scripts/frameworks
- Passion for documentation and writing clean code
- Strong understanding of software development workflows and agile tools like JIRA
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Exposure to software design principles and patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Good to have:
- Experience in CI/CD and cloud infrastructure management
- Worked on products that addressed international audience
- Worked on products that scaled to millions of users
Location: Bengaluru (Currently remote)
quality standards defined for software products.
2) Responsible for getting a product design document as well as trial and error data and its evaluation. To
ensure that the documents are distributed, checked and approved.
3) Responsible for creating an Automation framework for UI & Non-UI applications, records of everything
i.e. the test results, the software shortcomings, a historical analysis of the comparisons, etc.
4) Responsible for ensuring that the applications used are in full compliance with the best practices of
software development, the highest standards of web development, and the potential to adapt to improvements
set forth by upstream sources.
5) Active participation with application planning and creating a set of instructions for the application users,
conducting training sessions to contribute decisively to the security of the applications by conducting audits.
Manual Tester with 4-6 years of experience in any domain.
Should have experience in automation preferably Sellenium katalon studio using Java .
Experience in working BDD Framework.
What Arcana (previously Newfang) Does:
Arcana is The Storage Layer for Ethereum with a Privacy Stack for developers to build secure and privacy preserving apps. Users care about privacy now more than ever before and it is becoming a first-class citizen in the modern development stack. Arcana makes it easier for apps to be privacy-focused out of the box.
With Arcana’s privacy stack, developers give control of data back to their users. They can easily integrate our SDK with their apps and use our modular feature blocks for Authentication, Identity Management, Encryption, Access Control, and Decentralized Storage. All of which are secured by and verifiable on the blockchain.
Visit www.arcana.network to learn more about us, our backers, and our offerings
As the first QA hire at arcana, you will be responsible for setting up testing frameworks and leading QA for all our products and releases
- Design and develop a QA framework. Automate parts of the framework wherever feasible.
- Develop and implement test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures (manual and automated)
- Track key QA metrics for product and maintain a process for logging bugs/issues and debugging them.
- Handle QA validations of UI, backend APIs, databases, SDK, and Performance.
Skill Set Required:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in a testing role at a platform/infrastructure software company
- Demonstrable Experience in using UI automation frameworks like Selenium, Appium, etc. and automated API testing using tools like Postman or similar.
- Experience in Web testing, API testing, Mobile testing, and performance, security and usability testing
- Familiarity with test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and distributed system design
- Experience with Solidity smart contract testing
- Prior software engineering experience
- Handled QA for open source projects
2. Automate the manual test cases to the most achievable level to reduce manual efforts and increase product stability.
3. Preparation of test strategy, test plan, and test execution to ensure feature testing is completed well within the committed timelines.
4. Work on customer-reported issues by support teams to reproduce in the development environment and perform debugging to identify the root cause of the issue.
5. Use test-driven methodologies and automation in the design and development phase to ensure quality before hand-off to Quality Assurance.
6. Work closely with other developers and product management to evaluate testing efforts for new feature requests.
7. Contribute to the development and achievement of organizational goals and objectives. Accountable for delivery of subsystems anticipate issues, and addresses proactively
8. Demonstrate good judgment in making test strategies. Ability to work on a diverse set of problems and provide input that influences technical decisions.
Notice period: Immediate to 15days
Mode of interview: 1 written test + 1 Video technical interview
- Strong fundamentals in functional testing(manual)
- Experience in any tools such : Combo 1 Selenium or Cucumber or Appium, Mobile app testing ; API
- Hands-on experience in Java - Mandatory
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Note : We are looking for the 1-2.9 years of experience with automation ( selenium ) + API Automation ( postman, Soap , rest api or any ) + core java ( coding in java )