Senior Full Stack Engineer - TalkingYak
Talking Yak is an Android-based English teaching system made specifically for native Hindi and Tamil speakers.
Our program includes over 400 intelligently-structured videos, thousands of exercises, over 10,000 vocabulary words and phrases, and a system that adapts itself to each learner. In a matter of months, we can elevate most learners to a 100% functional English capability.
We are one team at TalkingYak consisting of honest, moral & ethical individuals who are heard and valued! We hold ourselves accountable- delivering on expectations & celebrating each other for the great work we do!
We’re looking for a senior developer who has a lot of passion towards solving real world problems using technology.
Below are some of the developer qualities we like a lot,
- Good team player
- Ability to write clean readable code
- Good logical and problem solving skills
- Clear communication skills
- Never give up attitude
- Passionate to learn and acquire new skills
Our current technology stack includes Android, Python, Flask, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch and AWS. While it is a bonus to have worked on the same set of above listed technologies, it is not a must until you have hands-on experience with similar technologies.
To give you an idea about what you will be working on after joining us, you will be
- Dockerizing different services and automating our AWS infrastructure provisioning steps
- Optimising our backend services to scale for a few hundreds of concurrent users
- Managing our backed service and adding new features to it
- Working on refactoring our current android codebase to a cleaner design
- Mentoring junior developers
While we feel a developer with 4 to 8 years of hands-on experience will be more suitable for this role, it shouldn't be a hard constraint if you have the required skills.
We would love to get in touch immediately and have a conversation, if you feel our interests align.
About Talking Yak
Talking Yak is a funded Bangalore based company revolutionizing the way millions of Tamil and Hindi speakers learn English. The technology was designed and built by teachers, technologists and artists who are passionate about making English language learning accessible to everyone. Our technology is currently being used by NGOs and educational institutions across India.
The desired candidate will have a passion to host and handle large scale web applications and should be able to deliver a complete end to end solution right from the front end, back end, database management, and its deployment and scalability.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Ability to translate Wireframes and PSD Designs into functional web apps.
- Creating RESTful services with Node.js.
- MERN stack developer must have proven experience in front & back-end development.
- Work in a cross-functional team to deliver a complete user experience.
- React.js, Node.js developer must know MongoDB, Express, Node.js, & React.
- Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure the quality of code.
- Be responsive to change requests and feature requests.
- Write code that is cross-platform and cross-device compatible.
- MERN full stack developer must have the ability to wear many hats and learn new technologies quickly.
- For MERN stack developer job, candidate must have good Knowledge of Node Debugging.
- Understanding & proficiency in REST APIs.
- MERN stack developers should know Git Repository and Jira.
- Integration of data storage solutions (RDBMS, NoSQL DB).
Desired Candidate Profile :
- Excellent in basic programming in any web technology Server and Client Like ReactJS/NodeJS/VueJS and Server-side scripts.
- Basic knowledge in APIs, Micro Services.
- Hands-On experience in Web development frameworks.
- Hands-On in Database queries and concepts.
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques.
Perks and Benefits :
- No salary bar for deserving candidates.
- 5 days working.
- Paid and leave encashment facility available.
- Open work culture.
We're looking for an Engineer/Senior Engineer to join our Operations Engineering Team. The Operations Engineering Team forms the backbone of our core business. We build and iterate over our core platform that handles orders, payments, delivery promises, order tracking, logistics integrations to name a few. Our products are actively used by Fynd users, Operations, Delights, and Finance teams. Our team consists of generalist engineers who work on building REST APIs, Internal tools, and Infrastructure for all these users.
- Build scalable and loosely coupled services to extend our platform
- Build bulletproof API integrations with third party APIs for various use cases
- Evolve our Infrastructure and add a few more nines to our overall availability
- Have full autonomy and own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on AWS
- Give back to the open source community through contributions on code and blog posts
- This is a startup so everything can change as we experiment with more product improvements
- You have prior experience developing and working on consumer-facing web/app products
- Expertise in Node.JS and Experience in at least one of the following frameworks - Express.js, Koa.js, Socket.io (http://socket.io/" target="_blank">http://socket.io/)
- Good knowledge of async programming using Callbacks, Promises and Async/Await
- Hands on experience with Frontend codebases using HTML, CSS, and AJAX
- Working knowledge of MongoDB, Redis, MySQL
- Good understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Operating Systems
- You've worked with AWS services in the past and have experience with EC2, ELB, AutoScaling, CloudFront, S3
- Experience with Frontend Stack would be added advantage (HTML,CSS)
- You might not have experience with all the tools that we use but you can learn those given the guidance and resources
- Experience in Vue.js would be plus
and Artificial Intelligence (AI). It is headquartered in Ahmedabad, India, having a branch office in
We have worked on / are working on Software Engineering projects that touch upon making
full-fledged products. Starting from UI/UX aspects, responsive and blazing fast front-ends,
platform-specific applications (Android, iOS, web applications, desktop applications), very
large scale infrastructure, cutting edge machine learning, and deep learning (AI in general).
The projects/products have wide-ranging applications in finance, healthcare, e-commerce,
legal, HR/recruiting, pharmaceutical, leisure sports and computer gaming domains. All of this
is using core concepts of computer science such as distributed systems, operating systems,
computer networks, process parallelism, cloud computing, embedded systems and the
Internet of Things.
● Own the design, development, evaluation and deployment of highly-scalable software
products involving front-end and back-end development.
● Maintain quality, responsiveness and stability of the system.
● Design and develop memory-efficient, compute-optimized solutions for the
● Design and administer automated testing tools and continuous integration
● Produce comprehensive and usable software documentation.
● Evaluate and make decisions on the use of new tools and technologies.
● Mentor other development engineers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
● Mastery of one or more back-end programming languages (Python, Java, Scala, C++
● Proficiency in front-end programming paradigms and libraries (for example : HTML,
React). - Knowledge of automated and continuous integration testing tools (Jenkins,
Team City, Circle CI etc.)
● Proven experience of platform-level development for large-scale systems.
● Deep understanding of various database systems (MySQL, Mongo,
● Ability to plan and design software system architecture.
● Development experience for mobile, browsers and desktop systems is
● Knowledge and experience of using distributed systems (Hadoop, Spark)
and cloud environments (Amazon EC2, Google Compute Engine, Microsoft
● Experience working in agile development. Knowledge and prior experience of tools
like Jira is desired.
● Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion or Mercurial).
upGrad is an online education platform building the careers of tomorrow by offering the most industry-relevant programs in an immersive learning experience. Our mission is to create a new digital-first learning experience to deliver tangible career impact to individuals at scale. upGrad currently offers programs in Data Science, Machine Learning, Product Management, Digital Marketing, and Entrepreneurship, etc. upGrad is looking for people passionate about management and education to help design learning programs for working professionals to stay sharp and stay relevant and help build the careers of tomorrow.
- upGrad was awarded the Best Tech for Education by IAMAI for 2018-19,
- upGrad was also ranked as one of the LinkedIn Top Startups 2018: The 25 most sought-after startups in India.
- upGrad was earlier selected as one of the top ten most innovative companies in India by FastCompany.
- We were also covered by the Financial Times along with other disruptors in Ed-Tech.
- upGrad is the official education partner for Government of India - Startup India program.
- Our program with IIIT B has been ranked #1 program in the country in the domain of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code.
- Develop and support software including applications, database integration, interfaces, and new functionality enhancements.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards.
- Support test and deployment of new products and features.
- Participate in code reviews.
- A highly talented developer with 6-9 years of hands-on experience in building secure and scalable web based applications using Java in backend and JS based frontend frameworks
- Strong knowledge of Java 8+, databases (SQL and NoSQL) , MySql, Mongo
- Experience working with Cassandra, Spring Boot, Apache Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of any one or more of AngularJS/ReactJS/VueJS and CSS3, HTML5.
- Strong experience in data modelling for data storage tools in SQL; experience with noSQL is highly desirable.
- Experience building scalable solutions for 2x, 5x and 10x growth with high quality and flexibility.
- Practitioner of test driven development practices. Experience in creating and adhering to best practices for development.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker and knowledge of CI/CD processes for automated integration and deployment. Basic knowledge of AWS preferred.
- Strong experience in Microservices (SRP) paradigm.
- Willing to learn new technologies (Golang).
Job Description – Full stack developer
Lithion Power Pvt Ltd (www.lithionpower.com)
Rohini, New Delhi
Senior Software Engineer
Lithion Power operates an IoT-enabled, data-driven Intelligent Energy platform (IEP) for Electric Vehicles (EVs) - this includes smart charging & swapping infrastructure along with software that enables you to track&control assets in real-time and facilitate optimal energy utilization for Electric Vehicles.
We are working with EV OEMs, battery manufacturers, fleet operators, asset managers & other entities in the EV ecosystem to make an EV-only India, a reality by 2030!
- Design, develop and maintain efficient, reusable, flexible, scalable, robust and reliable Angular7/8/9 and Node.js code with proper documentation (like test cases).
- Should possess a good knowledge of HTML/CSS& technology architecture.
- Integration with cloud-based data storage using MongoDB, Redis.
- Integration of user-facing elements created by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Identify bottlenecks/bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
- Maintain code quality, proper organization, and adequate automation for periodic tasks.
Qualifications required / Key eligibility criteria
- 2-4 years as a full-stack developer (preferably in a Product company).
- Hands-on experience in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining large-scale, data-intensive, real-time solutions.
- BE/B.Tech in CSE/IT/Software OR MCA/ME/M.Tech (preferred).
- Experience with embedded systems & driving automation projects is a plus.
- Web Design - HTML, CSS
- Frameworks – Angular 2/higher, Express, Sails.Js
- Databases - MongoDB, DynamoDB, MySQL
- Additional tools - Apache Kafka, AWS (EC2, S3, Lamda), Docker CE, Apache NGINX, Apache Bench, RESTful API, Jira, Asana, Slack
- OS - Linux, Ubuntu
The Company culture is suitable for “high achievers with a can-do attitude”! Benefits include attractive ESOPs.
If the above mentioned job profile suits you, then kindly email me your updated resume.
For more details about the company, kindly visit www.lithionpower.com
Full Stack Developers at The Seenit Co. are passionate about using technology to create an impact on the world they live in. At Seenit, you will get to collaborate with an accomplished team that loves solving real-world problems. You will get to work on cutting edge projects that will shape the next phase of growth for the global luxury industry.
Seenit’s suite of products enables the leading luxury retailers around the world to transform their customer experience and build loyal relationships with their customers. The apps allow retailers to make use of their existing infrastructure and resources to deliver a truly omnichannel experience in today's rapidly changing world of shopping.
We would welcome someone to the team who:
- Loves to write “clean”, well designed code to solve complex problems
- Can design, develop and test the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Is inclined to contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and takes end to end ownership of the project
- Follows best industry practices
- Is excited to support others to succeed and shine in a collaborative team culture
Your application will require you to have:
- 1+ years of experience in developing web based applications
- Good knowledge of NoSQL databases, and query optimisations
- Experience with MongoDB, Express JS, React JS, Node JS
- Ability to pay attention to UI detail and develop amazing, non-standard user experiences
- Exposure to TypeScript will be plus
- MongoDB for database(NoSQL)
- React JS for web front end(TypeScript)
- Express JS and Node JS for web servers
- AWS is our cloud provider
- Redis for caching
You should work with us because:
- We’re a relaxed diverse group and don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We're creative and want to change the world while we're at it (yes we do!)
- Our products have an international audience and our partners are around the globe
- Team lunches are more frequent than team meetings
- We love to travel and will ask you to take time off to refresh
Requirements and qualifications:
- Previous working experience as a MERN Stack Developer for at least 2 years.
- In depth knowledge of React.js, NodeJS, ExpressJS.
- Experience implementing applications using React.js.
- Experience creating front end applications using HTML, React.
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, minimum two-year experience with MERN Fullstack paradigm.
- Team handling along with client interaction.
- Server side deployment preferred.
- Aware with diffent methodologies ( Like Scrum, Agile etc )