Senior Associate - Database development (PostgreSQL\PLSQL)
at Sportz Interactive
About Sportz Interactive
Sportz Interactive (SI) works with its clients and partners to revolutionize the sports fan experience across consumption points by creating best-in-class, kickass products. SI was founded in 2002 as a B2B sports content business. Through the years, it gained immense reputation for its state-of-the-art hosted solutions, digital simulators, match centers and fantasy games. Sportz Interactive has a fantastic reputation in the online sports community, having worked with clients across the globe including the likes of The International Cricket Council, STAR Sports, Yahoo!, AOL, Eurosport, Castrol, Web 18, NDTV, Nimbus, Times of India, Rediff.com and Singtel amongst others.
Sportz Interactive provides in-depth sports information and content and specializes in product development for the web, mobile and other interactive platforms.
Designation: Senior Associate
Office Location: Goregaon East, Mumbai
3+ years of experience in database development.
- Understand requirements from front end applications developers
- Write advanced queries, stored procedures, cursors, functions & triggers
- Conduct code reviews
- Work with high-traffic application servers
- Complete understanding of various DB like Postgresql, Mongo DB, MySQL
- Ability to identify root cause and mitigate issues
- Ability to lead a team of DB developers
Mandatory: Passionate about sports, Problem solving, Team player, Target & Result oriented, Strong communication skills.
Functional: Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL Development - TSQL, Advance Queries, Query Optimization, Stored Procedures, Triggers & Cursors, Database Design, Indexes, Joins, ETL tools like SSAS, SSIS, High Data Volume Processing, DB Backup/Recovery.
About Sportz Interactive
as Postgres, MySQL or MongoDB. Candidates must have an understanding of Microservices and deploying of applications to cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or GCP using git, Docker and
CI/CD pipelines. Candidates must be open to learning new technologies and must be problem solvers.
The job being offered is with a leading Indian Bank as a Client-side deployment where the candidates would be working directly at the Client’s location, reporting directly to the Client’s team leads. The job entails working on exciting new projects at scale.
- 4-6 years of experience in developing Enterprise Web Applications using Java/J2EE technologies with a good professional track record.
- Excellent knowledge in Core Java (J2SE) and J2EE technologies.
- Proficient knowledge in Servlets, JDBC & JSP.
- Good knowledge of Spring framework (MVC, Cloud, Data and Security. Etc) and ORM framework like JPA/Hibernate.
- Strong knowledge of Exception Handling, Collections, File I/O Streams, Interfaces, and logging mechanisms is a must.
- Experience in developing REST APIs and integration of third-party APIs.
- Proficient knowledge in SQL/PLSQL.
- Expertise in application/web server deployment and connection pooling techniques.
- Cloud deployment (AWS & Azure) will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Version Control tools like Git, Bitbucket, etc.
- Experience in data security and protocols is a must.
- Maven and IDE tools experience is a must.
- Multi-threading and serialization techniques knowledge is a must.
- Good understanding of end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- Ability to read and understand requirements and design documents.
- Good Analytical skills and should be self-driven. Good communication with interpersonal skills.
- Open to learning new technologies and domains.
- A good team player and ready to take up new challenges
- Languages: Java(J2SE), J2EE (Servlets, JSPs, JDBC)
- Databases: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- DB Script: SQL and PL/SQL
- Frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey, Hibernate and JPA
- OS: Windows, Linux/Unix.
- Cloud Services: AWS and Azure (Good to have)
- Version Control tools: Git, Bitbucket.
- Deployment Servers: Tomcat, JBoss, and Web sphere
- Build Tools: Gradle/Maven
We are looking for a passionate backend developer with 2-3 years of experience who loves challenges and building something from ground-up. Past track record of building a statistical tool will be an advantage
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design of system and architecture for all features and problems
- Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code
- Maintain existing backend code and infrastructure
- Working with team to solve problems and discuss new ideas
- Smart system design smart having a balance between speed of implementation and scalability
- Ownership of projects or codes written
Qualifications and Skills
- Passion to work for startup and aptitude for fast learning
- In-depth understanding of Django and Django Rest Framework
- Expertise in python
- Basic machine learning knowledge, Company will help the candidate to upskill
- Ability to write clean, scalable, robust code
- Understanding of complete lifecycle of software development
- Basic knowledge of front-end development
- Good understanding of restful api design
- Working knowledge of AWS (EC2, RDS and Postgresql)
- Familiarity deploying SAAS solution with Amazon AWS and Docker (Kubernetes) etc
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
About this job
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Backend) with 5+ years of experience in backend technologies and at least 2+ years in GoLang. You will be working with a team of problem solvers working collaboratively to build custom solutions for Appointy’s enterprise clients. If you are excited to learn new things and thrive in a team-based culture, and if you are looking for hyper-growth in your career then Appointy could be a place for you!
Appointy is a platform software company with offices in India, Singapore and US. Our low code platform, SaaStack, is being used globally by multiple fortune 500 companies. In the last 4 years, the company has shown 300% growth in terms of employee’s growth. Our dynamic and diversified engineering team, work on a remote-first hybrid work model. With quarterly meetups, annual international offsites, state-of-the-art offices and facilities we ensure you have the best experience of working at a hyper-growth startup.
What will you do
- Write code that meets standard and delivery guidelines.
- Mentor other engineers on the team to develop high-quality software and perform code reviews.
- Work with the team to break user stories into tasks and delegate them to the team members.
- Playing a key role in architectural and design decisions, building toward an efficient microservices distributed architecture.
- Analyze solutions and help implement engineering best practices.
- Work with Project Managers for timely delivery and forecast.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers on technical issues. Perform blameless RCAs when issues occur and take ownership to resolve issues.
Additionally, you’ll get opportunities to:
- Work with the Product owner to write and brainstorm user stories.
- Interact directly with the clients and understand their requirements by working closely with the sales and customer support team.
- Consistently align teams with organization goals and product roadmap.
What you bring in:
- Strong experience with backend programming languages and technologies like
- Golang (minimum 1-year experience)
- Protobuf and gRPC
- RESTful APIs
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Medium level experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL database concepts.
- Ability to write efficient, secure, well-documented, and clean code.
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams, multitasking and prioritizing.
- Experience with Git, JIRA and Agile working methodology.
- Experience with design patterns, Event-Driven architecture and Domain Driven Designs.
- Competitive compensation
- A chance to work and contribute to SaaStack, Appointy’s low code platform.
- Merit-Based career opportunities and to grow your career with an organization that’s scaling rapidly.
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Hospitalization, health life insurance, and accident coverage
- Flexible hours and remote working flexibility
- Transparency and visibility throughout a fast-paced, successful growth organization
- Access to Appointy’s state of the art 4-acre office campus with facilities like go-Karting swimming pool, unlimited food and snacks gym and much more!
Interested? … Apply now! Our recruitment team will screen your application and contact you.
- Web & Mobile Applications Developer with strong technical skills, sound logical and analytical abilities.
- Has 2 - 5 years of deep experience in all aspects of modern architecture, design and full-stack development for building web applications.
- Has deep experience in building web services and backend web platforms.
- Has experience configuring web servers and common server components utilized for web software development. Desired Candidate Profile
- Must have experience in Core Java, Spring Framework, SQL.
- Server knowledge Tomcat/Wildfly/Jboss
- IDEs Eclipse/Intellij IDEA
- Databases MySQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Good to have knowledge of MongoDB
- REST web services
- Maven, npm
- Should have minimum 2 year of experience in Java.
- Must have 2 year hands-on experience using Spring (Java) framework.
- Must have 2 year experience on REST API development.
- Hands-on in Java 8 features like lambda and streams.
- Tools: Eclipse / STS, Maven / Gradle, GIT / SVN, Jenkins and Sonarlint.
- Should have team leading and team management skills.
- Strong knowledge of core and advanced Java i.e. Data Structure and OOPS concepts.
We are looking for Backend Developer to join our team. Fieldproxy is the first of its kind product in the space - and we are looking for out of the box thinkers with original thought process and lateral thinking. The code you ship will be used by thousands of users every day helping them get their work done. You will join a young, dynamic and fast-paced environment, work with cross-functional teams to design, build, and roll out products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
- Backend development with Nodejs, MongoDb and Typescript.
- Developing and testing flexible, scalable applications.
- Collaborate with Front end developers to produce optimum output.
- Think out of the box, discuss and implement your own ideas over the phase.
Required skills :
- Strong knowledge in creating RESTFUL APIs
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools: Git.
- Good knowledge of Docker & Shell scripting
- Experience in DevOps is an added advantage.
- Should be able to analyse requirements, design solutions, write code, debug code and modify existing software enhancements or develop new product software.
- Should be able mentor junior developers to perform their tasks more effectively and efficiently.
- Should be able to perform executions against project plans and meet delivery commitments.
- Should have good experience in source control, unit testing, code verification, documentation, automated build, continuous integration, metrics, and code reviews.
- May interact with product specialists / Project Managers / Product Owners to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications and to give status feedback.
- Should be able to work in an Agile Development Environment using SCRUM methodology.
- Should be able to communicate with other teams and stakeholders to achieve the given goal.
- Should be able to participate in the hiring processes.
Strong technical background in Java, spring (MVC), RESTFUL Web services and Postgres DB
Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
Writing non-blocking code, and resorting to advanced techniques such as multi-threading, when needed