You’ll be responsible for:
- Owning significant architectural and product areas of the platform
- You’ll make the key decisions and see them through to successful user engagement
- Delivering features that make a big impact on our growth journey
- Writing high-quality, highly-performant code
- Pushing changes every week
- Participating in code reviews and architectural discussions - we want you to bring your expertise to the team and make us all better engineers
You’ll be successful if you are:
- An expert with Kotlin and the rest of the Android ecosystem
- Collaborative and want to see the team succeed in its goals
- Practical about tradeoffs between speed and polish
- Passionate about showing others how to do something new
- Excited to join a small team that moves quickly
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 15 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives. If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
Porter has multiple mobile apps used by our consumers - app used by our customers to place on-demand orders, app used by our drivers to service those orders, and app used by fleet owners to manage their vehicles on our platform. Each of these apps is frequently iterated over to improve functionality and experience. In such a fast paced environment, we expect our mobile developers to develop and maintain these complex apps with a heavy focus on code design to keep the code easily extensible and maintainable.
- Product Life Cycle
- Work closely with the Product Team to understand business requirements and product solutions.
- Flesh out Use Cases to be implemented and chart out development iterations
- Drive design discussions with heavy focus on modeling entities and interactions,following architectural patterns like MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Review all code being written to ensure it is clean, readable, maintainable and performant, following well established design principles.
- Ensure test coverage of business logic, UIs and integration.
- Project Management
- Collaborate with multiple teams - backend teams for finalizing APIs, design team for UI/ UX, QA for testing, etc.
- Do iteration planning, give release estimates, share tracker and ensure timely releases.
- Ensure bugs & crashes escalated are tracked and fixed in a timely manner.
- Non Functional
- Ensure the apps are performant - no memory leaks, no frame drops, battery usage, etc.
- Explore, evaluate and drive adoption of new technologies, tools and SDKs as maybe necessary to improve the entire development process.
- Work with cross-platform technologies, like Kotlin Multiplatform, to ensure consistency of features and code reuse across Android / iOS platforms.
- Team Management
- Manage a team of upto 4 - 5 members.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
- Languages: Kotlin, Java, SQL, Ruby (backend)
- Frameworks: RIBs, Kotlin Multiplatform, Ruby on Rails (backend)
- Architectures: MVVM, MVP, Clean Architecture, etc
- Libraries: Kotlin Coroutines, RxJava, Dagger2, Arrow, etc
- Integrations: AWS services, Payment Gateways (Razorpay, etc), Google Maps, Firestore, etc
Products & Systems Overview
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
- Customer App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are placed from this app making it our primary business driver. o To keep the code for this large complex app maintainable, there is a heavy emphasis on good design and architecture. Currently the RIBsframework is used to break the code recursively into smaller components.
- To ensure feature parity and consistency across our Android and iOS platforms, weuse Kotlin Multiplatformto re-use business logic code across the two platforms.
- Partner App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are fulfilled by drivers using this app.
- Given that the app is expected to run for long hours on cheaper phones there is a heavy emphasis on keeping the apps performant - optimizing battery consumption and memory usage.
- The app serves as a medium for onboarding - providing functionality for partners to upload and verify their documents using Image Processing.
- To train the drivers for every new feature launched, we provide a guided audio-visual training session - using visual cues like hint to click / swipe with synchronized pre
- configured audio to guide him through the sequence of steps.
- Fleet Owner Apps:
- A multi-platform app for fleet owners to manage their drivers and track their performance and earnings on our platform.
- Allow them to bid for new client contracts.
- Strong in Java and OPPs (Object Oriented Programming) Concept
- Knowledge of Android SDK and NDK
- Knowledge of JSON and XML
- Android Mobile Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of SQLite
- Good if Communicating with the server using REST APIs
- Should be work in agile methodology
- Master into research and development task for some major function
- Good Problem solving skills
- Self motivated and always willing to learn latest technology
- Android, Java, Kotlin, OOPS, C, C++
At Smartstaff we are building an ecosystem that is focused on making work better for the 100 million blue-collar workers working in India's Industrial hubs.
Smartstaff is a full stack blue collar workforce management platform designed for manufacturing companies.
The three key offerings of the business are:
- A mobile first HRMS platform that automates and digitises all aspects of workforce management for manufacturing plants starting with attendance capturing to payrolling.
- Staffing solutions for companies struggling with high attrition and high absenteeism. Smartstaff can improve manufacturing efficiency by helping companies employ an engaged and reliable contingent workforce.
- Worker benefits that cover use cases like advance salary, worker insurance, worker accommodation and more. These benefits can improve worker retention by ~30%.
Our team is made up of seasoned entrepreneurs, brilliant engineers, driven sales professionals, creative marketers and persistent operations folks who have done this before and want to do it again. This time bigger…
What’s left to add?
What will you do?
As an Android Developer you will be responsible for developing mobile apps which sees thousands of daily active users on a real time platform. You will design, develop, and implement new ideas and products from scratch. You will be interfacing with the server side engineering team to scale out our apps across thousands of user
- The role will actively involve you to define and implement the product from scratch, own the entire development lifecycle.
- Work with fellow designers and developers in an iterative environment with short and impactful development cycles.
- Develop cutting edge functional modules that will be integrated across all our Android apps.
- Build proprietary SDKs to enable partnerships with other industry leaders.
- Brainstorm, contribute new ideas, conceive innovative strategies, and implement solutions to difficult problems
- Exploit the most advanced Android APIs and platform features to build innovative applications. Work closely with our backend team to interface with RESTful API services and get involved in design decisions.
- Work with the real time feedback from our users to derive the functional specification
- Make the product better Discoverable to deploy the Mobile solution.
What will enable you to do it?
- B.Tech/BE/MS/M.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 4+ years of experience in Android development.
- Experience in building applications that have been published on Playstore.
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java, Android SDK, platform tools and optimization techniques.
- Experience heavily on high level and low level designing of products.
- Technically Hands-on, prior experience with scalable Architecture
- Strong Object Oriented (OO) design and development experience
- Experience interfacing with REST APIs.
- Proficient with Git (or equivalent).
- Experience with multi-threading, memory management, interactive application development paradigm under Android
- Material Design
Who should apply for this job?
- You. If you are someone who is looking for:
- Growth opportunities within an organization that’s blitzscaling
- Making an impact in the India substack by building an ecosystem for the blue-collar workforce community
- Driving user behaviour for qik-changing and ever-evolving problem statements
We are looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer in India. You will work together with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, and our
development squads. We strongly believe that to deliver the best user experience to our users we need the best people.
As Mobile Engineer you will be responsible for: developing, testing, deploying the app in multiple countries as well as
creating and cultivating the culture with your peers.
● Solid technical aptitude to grasp the technical nature of products and the environments in which they operate
● Excellent software design, problem-solving and debugging skills
● Ability to Implement pixel perfect UI's that match designs
● Able to work effectively across functional groups & with minimal supervision
● Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new situations
● Ability to work as part of a team Must-haves
● 3+ years developing Android/React Native apps
● Solid understanding of the Android platform
● Solid understanding of React Native
● Proven experience deploying apps to production
● Meaningful experience delivering high performant mobile apps
● Deep understanding of versioning control tools like Git
● Experience with iOS development
● Experience deploying apps in multiple markets
● Experience with testing tools
● Experience with Jetpack compose
• Min 9+ Years in Android Application Development, know how’s of iOS development is an advantage.
• Experience with cross platform technologies - React Native, Flutter is a big plus
• Managing systems in production and understands the release process, monitoring, and debugging
• 1-2 years of experience managing and growing engineering teams
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivering quality products
• Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining high performance, high availability, large-scale
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment.
We're looking for a role of full time fluter developer.
Roles and Responsibilities
Solid understanding of Flutter, Dart, Flutter animations.
- Should have experience working with Flutter state management approaches like BlOC, GetX, Provider etc.,
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Experienced in working with remote data via RESTful Apis and JSON
- Strong understanding of design patterns over and above MVP, MVVM, and MVC
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Must have built at least two Android andor iOS apps with Flutter
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Desired Candidate Profile
- Must have at least 5+ years of hands-on experience in Flutter development
- Must have built at least 2 Android and/ or iOS applications using Flutter
- Must have published 2 or more applications in the Google Play, App Store, or Github
- Proven ability to write readable code, create extensive documentation for existing code, and refactor the previously written code into a readable state
- Proven experience in both mobile and software development, third-party libraries, and APIs
- Knowledge of translating UI/ UX designs into code, Location services, Maps, and other common iOS/ Android libraries
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Experience: 7 - 11 years
Talents from eComms Only
Role: Director Engineering (Mobile)
Key Skills: Java/Python, Android, iOS, Design Patterns, AWS, OOP, SDLC,Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, Cocoa
As a technical leader, you own the engineering vision and oversee the technical standards your team thrives on. As a manager of engineers, you coach and develop our promising, young talent and ensure their collective energy is applied effectively and efficiently to accomplish not only the organizational goals, but also their individual career goals.
- Own the development practices and standards for your team
- Own the technical architecture, drive engineering design and shoulder critical decisions
- Interface with Architects and technical leads to steer them to continuous Feature Improvements
- You have experience in managing, coaching software developers to help them level up
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company
- You have a strong technical background, with 7+ years of experience with software engineering predominantly working on mobile applications (Android, iOS)
- Should have worked on at least one of these programming languages (Python/Java)
- You possess strong knowledge of Android, Java, JSON, Kotlin, Objective-C
- Excellent understanding of Android design patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms, iOS
- Strong passion for Programming in general and Android App development in specific.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong system design and architecture skills - specifically for android.
- Curiosity to tinker around, explore new paradigms, and strong zest for continuous improvement.
- Over 4+ years of Android App development experience with strong basics and complete exposure to Android development.
- Idea/experience of unit and instrumentation testing in Android E2E App development and/or experience of developing SDKs is good to have.