We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
- Own the entire development lifecycle as you prototype, create, optimize, test, launch, and refine Android apps.
- Build features that will reach millions of users.
- Work with fellow designers and developers in an iterative environment with short and impactful development cycles.
- Develop cutting edge functional modules that will be integrated across all our Android apps.
- Brainstorm, contribute new ideas, conceive innovative strategies, and implement solutions to difficult problems.
- Exploit the most advanced Android APIs and platform features to build innovative applications in food and dining space.
- Work closely with our backend team to interface with RESTful API services and contribute to the backend code when needed.
- Work with real-time feedback from our users to make the product better.
- Discover, design, develop, deploy, debug.
- Focus on Material Design principles and pixel-perfect implementation of the design into code.
- Engineers with 3+ years of experience in shipping consumer-facing Android apps with the large user base, ideally currently available on the Google Play Store (Please be sure to include links to all such apps with your resume).
- Top-notch programming skills in Java, Kotlin and Android.
- Command of memory management, view hierarchy, battery optimization and in-depth experience with multithreaded and networked applications.
- Worked with RESTful APIs, third-party SDK Integrations and common technologies like HTTPS, JSON, OAuth, and SQL.
- Thorough working knowledge of Android Studio with the Gradle build system.
- Understanding the quirks of the fragmented ecosystem of Android OS versions and devices.
- Solid experience with Git.
- Care for quality with an obsession for performance and willingness to spend time testing the team's work as well as yours.
At Porter, we are passionate about improving productivity. We want to help businesses, large and small, optimize their last-mile operations and empower them to unleash the growth of their core functions. Last mile delivery logistics is one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors of the economy with a market cap upwards of 50 billion USD and a growth rate exceeding 15% CAGR.
Porter is the fastest growing leader in this sector with operations in 15 major cities, a fleet size exceeding 1L registered and 50k active driver partners and a customer base with 3.5M being monthly active. Our industry-best technology platform has raised over 150 million USD from investors including Sequoia Capital, Kae Capital, Mahindra group, LGT Aspada, Tiger Global and Vitruvian Partners.
We are addressing a massive problem and going after a huge market. We’re trying to create a household name in transportation and our ambition is to disrupt all facets of supply chain. At Porter, we’re here to do the best work of our lives. If you want to do the same and love the challenges and opportunities of a fast paced work environment, then we believe Porter is the right place for you.
Company URL: https://porter.in/
Porter has multiple mobile apps used by our consumers - app used by our customers to place on-demand orders, app used by our drivers to service those orders, and app used by fleet owners to manage their vehicles on our platform. Each of these apps is frequently iterated over to improve functionality and experience. In such a fast paced environment, we expect our mobile developers to develop and maintain these complex apps with a heavy focus on code design to keep the code easily extensible and maintainable.
- Product Life Cycle
- Work closely with the Product Team to understand business requirements and product solutions.
- Flesh out Use Cases to be implemented and chart out development iterations
- Drive design discussions with heavy focus on modeling entities and interactions,following architectural patterns like MVVM, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Review all code being written to ensure it is clean, readable, maintainable and performant, following well established design principles.
- Ensure test coverage of business logic, UIs and integration.
- Project Management
- Collaborate with multiple teams - backend teams for finalizing APIs, design team for UI/ UX, QA for testing, etc.
- Do iteration planning, give release estimates, share tracker and ensure timely releases.
- Ensure bugs & crashes escalated are tracked and fixed in a timely manner.
- Non Functional
- Ensure the apps are performant - no memory leaks, no frame drops, battery usage, etc.
- Explore, evaluate and drive adoption of new technologies, tools and SDKs as maybe necessary to improve the entire development process.
- Work with cross-platform technologies, like Kotlin Multiplatform, to ensure consistency of features and code reuse across Android / iOS platforms.
- Team Management
- Manage a team of upto 4 - 5 members.
- Do periodic assessment of reportees, chart their growth paths and train them.
- Languages: Kotlin, Java, SQL, Ruby (backend)
- Frameworks: RIBs, Kotlin Multiplatform, Ruby on Rails (backend)
- Architectures: MVVM, MVP, Clean Architecture, etc
- Libraries: Kotlin Coroutines, RxJava, Dagger2, Arrow, etc
- Integrations: AWS services, Payment Gateways (Razorpay, etc), Google Maps, Firestore, etc
Products & Systems Overview
You will be contributing to products concerning both customers and partner drivers.
- Customer App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are placed from this app making it our primary business driver. o To keep the code for this large complex app maintainable, there is a heavy emphasis on good design and architecture. Currently the RIBsframework is used to break the code recursively into smaller components.
- To ensure feature parity and consistency across our Android and iOS platforms, weuse Kotlin Multiplatformto re-use business logic code across the two platforms.
- Partner App:
- All orders serviced by Porter are fulfilled by drivers using this app.
- Given that the app is expected to run for long hours on cheaper phones there is a heavy emphasis on keeping the apps performant - optimizing battery consumption and memory usage.
- The app serves as a medium for onboarding - providing functionality for partners to upload and verify their documents using Image Processing.
- To train the drivers for every new feature launched, we provide a guided audio-visual training session - using visual cues like hint to click / swipe with synchronized pre
- configured audio to guide him through the sequence of steps.
- Fleet Owner Apps:
- A multi-platform app for fleet owners to manage their drivers and track their performance and earnings on our platform.
- Allow them to bid for new client contracts.
2. Developing social networking and location-based apps.
3. Developing client-server communication apps.
- Working experience in using the any of the design principles MVVM or MVP
- Experience in using Web Services and SQLite data base
- Experience in Multithreading concepts – Rx JAVA
- Experience in using version control systems like SVN, GIT Hub, Bitbucket etc
- Experience in using Dependency injection principles in android
- Experience in using design patterns
- Experience integration with 3rd party API’s like Facebook, gmail, retrofit, Picasso & 3rd party libraries
- Experience/Knowledge in using google Flutter
Designation: Android Developer (SDE – II)
Department: Software Engineering Team
Qualification: B.Tech in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Experience: 3+ years of relevant experience in Designing and building advanced applications for the Android platform (with Android SDK and Kotlin).
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Experience in developing Android native projects
- Experience with Android SDK and Kotlin
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms, memory management, performance.
- Enjoys coding and problem solving
- Ability to showcase applications which has been built in past
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Team spirit
Salary: Upto 12LPA (Negotiable)
IMMEDIATE JOINING PREFERRED!
We are hiring a Flutter developer to engineer applications that will run across Android, iOS, and the web. We are looking for someone passionate about performance, reliability, and design with the experience and credentials to back up that passion. Someone who can take ownership of applications, solve technical challenges and take pride in their solutions and code.
You’ll be a key member of the team tasked with contributing to a number of high-value projects within Marj Technologies.
Have two or more iOS/Android apps developed with Flutter. Either deployed on the AppStore/Google Play or available on Github.
Over one year of experience with developing Flutter applications for mobile and web.
Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle.
Experience with automated testing and building.
Experience with Git and Github.
Proven experience in writing readable code, creating extensive documentation for
existing code and refactoring previously written code.
Well-versed with Flutter Null Safety and Bloc architecture.
Good communication & Problem-solving skills.
Must have technical skills:
- The candidate will possess strong low-level programming skills for building native applications for the following tech stacks:
iOS Platform: XCode, Swift5
Android Platform: Android Studio 3.5, Android Marshmallow, API Level 23 and above, Colin
- Experienced with API Integration.
- Knowledge of application development processes, DevOps, and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and Experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL queries and use cases
Good communication skills, quick learner, and ability to work under pressure
Team player with the ability to establish close working relationships with other teams
Should have good logical, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- We are looking for a qualified React Native developer to join our Engineering team.
- You will be working with our engineers to develop and maintain high quality mobile applications for both platforms as Android and iOS.
- Ultimately, you should be able to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
Job Responsibilities and Required Skills :
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Thorough understanding of React Native and its core Principles.
- Hands on experience on React Native Framework at least 3 years.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (Such as Gitl)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Web pack, NPM etc.
- Experience with Native Mobile app deployment on App store and google play store.
- Knowledge of native Android and iOS is required
- Knowledge of TV App Development is a plus
We are building an immersive platform for creators, from India, which can be used by creators to create content and engage their audience across the world. And we are looking for smart Mobile Engineers to build with us and scale.
Who we're looking for
- 3+ years of experience in building high quality apps, and 1.5+ years of experience in Flutter end-to-end for Android and iOS.
- Solid foundation in JS, Flutter and Mobile development.
- Architectural understanding of implementation, not just UI features.
- Identify and resolve performance and device specific issues.
- Implement best practices, and build frontend system from grounds up.
- Great taste in UI and UX
- Build and deploy product features end to end. You will be responsible for breaking down high-level features into tasks.
- You will define and build the architecture for a mobile app so it scales, think patterns like composition, inheritance, renderProps, etc.
- Automate things wherever needed, think Fastlane CI/CD, automate screenshot testing across multi-resolution devices, etc.
- Setting up events for user, performance and error analytics, think GA, hotjar, Sentry, etc.
- Ensure architecture and Code quality that scales with team size
- Introduce right tools to the system when product scales, think GraphQL federation layer, etc.
- Participate in product and design ideation, collaborate with the team to implement high-quality features.
- Set the initial guidelines for tech culture in the company, as we grow.
- Fluent in Java/Kotlin or Swift.
- Experience in building interactive features, like filters, face masks, finger-drawing on canvas, etc.
- End-to-end experience in building grounds up, implementation and deployment.
- Experience in building for large scale platforms like, messaging, social media, OTT, etc.
- You like working on hobby projects, or contributing to open source projects.
We are building a team of exceptional people. We will ensure that you grow with the growth of the organisation.
- become a part of our early team
- great salary, plus generous equity
- laptop of your choice
- empowered to build an amazing startup culture with us
- full ownership and massive growth opportunities
- and more...
If you're ambitious to build for millions of creators and users, apply now!