At Upswing, we are committed to building a robust, scalable & secure API platform to power the world of Open Finance.
We are a passionate and self-driven team of thinkers who aspire to build the rails to connect the legacy financial sector with financial innovators through a simple and powerful banking-as-a-service (BaaS) platform.
We are looking for motivated engineers who will be working in a highly creative and cutting-edge technology environment to build a world-class financial services suite.
About the role
As part of the DevSecOps team at Upswing, you will get to work on building state-of-the-art infrastructure for the future. You will also be –
- Managing security aspects of the Cloud Infrastructure
- Designing and Implementing Security measures, Incident Response guidelines
- Conducting Security Awareness Training
- Developing SIEM tooling and pipelines end to end for vulnerability/security/incident reporting
- Developing automation and performing routine VAPT for Network and Applications
- Integrating with 3rd party vendors for the services required to improve security posture
- Mentoring people across the teams to enable best practices
What will you do if you join us?
- Engage in a lot of cross-team collaboration to independently drive forward DevSecOps practices across the org
- Take Ownership of existing, ongoing, and future DevSecOps initiatives
- Plan and Engage in Architecture discussions to bring in different angles (especially security angles) to the table
- Build Automation stack and tools for security pipeline
- Integrate different security measures and pipelines with the SIEM tool
- Conducting routine VAPT using manual and automated workflows, generating and maintaining the report for the same
- Introduce and Implement best practices across teams for a great security posture in the org
You should have
- Curiosity for on-the-job learning and experimenting with new technologies and ideas
- A strong background in Linux environment
- Proven experience in Architecting networks with security first implementation
- Experience with VAPT tooling for Networks and Applications is required
- Strong experience in Cloud technologies, multi-cloud environments, and best practices in Cloud
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Ruby/Python/Groovy)
- Experience in Terraform is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Some experience with Kubernetes, and Docker is required
- Understanding Java web applications and monitoring them for security vulnerabilities would be a plus
- Any other DevSecOps-related experience will be considered
About Upswing Financial Technologies Private Limited
Here’s a quick read to know more about Upswing (upswing.one)
Company page on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/upswing-financial-technologies
We are a seed funded company, have recently raised USD 4Mn
• In the news: inc42.com/buzz/open-finance-startup-upswing-raises-4-mn-from-qed-investors
• Lead investor: http://qedinvestors.com/companies/upswing
• Angel investors: Founders and Senior executives of Jupiter, Cred, Slice, Epifi, Snapdeal, One Assist and many more.
At Upswing, our mission is to enable consumer companies to offer differentiated financial products and empower the financial institutions with greater reach through our Secure, Scalable and easy to integrate API platform.
We are enabling Consumer Tech/Non-Tech companies to become full stack banking players. The transformation will reduce the cost and complexity for any company to become a financial services company and re-define the future of banking
Our simple and powerful banking-as-a-service stack will help companies launch new banking products in weeks, not years.
Founding team has more than 40 years of experience in Building Banking, Lending, Payments and Disruptive Technology Stack.
Anupam Bagchi: Built Jupiter, India’s First Transit and multi bank EMI, Foundation to RuPay, Lending, Payments, Digital Banking. (linkedin.com/in/anupam-bagchi-b770572)
Nihar Gupta: Built Jupiter, Strategy and Execution of 811, Issuing, Acquiring, Toll Payments, Forex and Digital Banking ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/nihargupta/ )
Gazal Garg: Built disruptive tech at Zilingo from an idea to a unicorn, IIT Kharagpur alumnus - (linkedin.com/in/gazalgarg)
We are enabling Consumer Tech/Non-Tech companies to become full stack banking players. The transformation will reduce the cost and complexity for any company to become a financial services company and re-define the future of banking
Looking for an experienced SRE engineer for the platform team. The ideal candidate will be responsible to build/maintain the key infrastructure pieces that are used by the product engineering teams across HighLevel that scale seamlessly.
Roles & Responsibilities
SRE focuses on improving software delivery by improving the release management tooling and processes.
They have a wide understanding of the system and application architecture and have a strong observability background.
SRE approaches problems from the operational perspective and collaborates closely on finding an optimal solution that will safely and quickly deliver code to various supported environments.
SREs are tasked with ensuring shortening the software delivery times by innovative solutions & methods to existing established tools and infrastructure.
SRE focuses on the application side by improving the architecture as HighLevel continues growing. They work to provide data to development teams to enable them to prioritize reliability and performance improvements through application changes and improved use of the infrastructure resources.
They have a strong development background (expected to continuously contribute to codebases) in multiple stacks and have a good grasp of observability and systems operations.
SREs operate on a long-term horizon. With an aim to prevent S1 incidents by making sure that we have a system that is elastic to meet demand.
Analyze existing, create, and maintain new SLOs
Troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve operational challenges contributing to defined SLOs.
Define, improve, and engage in adapting architectural application bottlenecks as observed. Work with other engineering stakeholders on resolving larger architectural bottlenecks. Work in close collaboration with software development teams to consult on scaling concerns. Contribute to the future roadmap of software development teams and establish strong operational readiness across teams. Work to enable other teams to scale through automation, knowledge-sharing, and self-service activities.
Scale systems through automation, improving change velocity and reliability.
SRE focuses on provisioning various environments and automating every operational aspect of the application lifecycle. They have a strong operational background, but their strength is in converting regular manual actions into repeatable automated tasks.
Automating every operational task is a core requirement for this role.
(For example, package updates, configuration changes across all environments, creating tools for automatic provisioning of user-facing services, etc.)
Responding to platform emergencies, alerts, and escalations from Customer Support.
Ensure systems exist to manage software life cycles (e.g. Operating Systems) with a minimum of manual effort.
Develop a fully automated multi-environment observability stack based on the existing SaaS system, and extend it to predict capacity needs based on usage patterns. Plan for new service roll-outs, expansion, and capacity management of existing services, and optimize their resource consumption.
Cloud Efficiency Engineering
SRE focuses on improving our overall utilization of cloud provider resources. This includes improving tooling and adoption of tagging/labeling, analyzing and leveraging the use of discounting tools such as RIs and CUDs, and collaborating across various teams to increase efficienciency.
Establish clear ongoing cloud efficiency metrics, highlighting both how we should measure success and identifying methods to achieve those improved results.
Understand and instrument discounting mechanisms in collaboration with our cloud infrastructure providers. Implement tools, practices, and processes to enable other teams to contribute to efficiency in their areas.
Plan and implement needed changes in our cloud environments to drive better observability of usage and improved efficiency.
You have proven experience (10+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
You have deep technical experience with cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance, and reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform, and infrastructure resiliency
You demonstrate clear decision-making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety
Perks and Benefits
- Impact - Work with scale, our infrastructure handles around 5 Billion+ API hits, 2 Billion+ message events, and more than 40 TeraBytes of data
- Compensation - Best in Industry
- Learning - Work with a team of A-players distributed across 15 countries who move fast (we have built one of the widest products on the market in under 3 years)
- Generous Device Policy - You get a Macbook Pro
- Unlimited Leave Policy
- 1 team offsite every year
- Remote first culture
The company is a global leader in secure payments and trusted transactions. They are at the forefront of the digital revolution that is shaping new ways of paying, living, doing business and building relationships that pass on trust along the entire payments value chain, enabling sustainable economic growth. Their innovative solutions, rooted in a rock-solid technological base, are environmentally friendly, widely accessible and support social transformation.
- Senior Engineer with a strong background and experience in cloud related technologies and architectures.
- Can design target cloud architectures to transform existing architectures together with the in-house team.
- Can actively hands-on configure and build cloud architectures and guide others.
- 3-5+ years of experience in AWS/GCP or Azure technologies
- Is likely certified on one or more of the major cloud platforms
- Strong experience from hands-on work with technologies such as Terraform, K8S, Docker and orchestration of containers.
- Ability to guide and lead internal agile teams on cloud technology
- Background from the financial services industry or similar critical operational experience
Cloud DevOps Architect
· Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by building relationships with cross- functional stakeholders; communicating information and providing advice to drive projects forward; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to others; mentoring junior team members; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and improve opportunity areas; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
· Ensure appropriate translation of business requirements and functional specifications into physical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions by partnering with Business Analysts and other team members to understand business needs and functional specifications.
· Build use cases/scenarios and reference architectures to enable rapid adoption of cloud services
in Product’s cloud journey.
· Provide insight into recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs.
· Experience or familiarity with Firewall/NGFW deployed in a variety of form factors (Checkpoint, Imperva, Palo Alto, Azure Firewall).
· Establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical individuals to enable them to be cloud advocates.
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure engineering success when building new and migrating existing applications, software. and services to AWS and GCP.
· Conduct deep-dive hands-on education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to DevOps and engineering teams considering or already using public cloud services.
· Be a cloud (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform) and DevOps evangelist and advise the stakeholders on cloud readiness, workload identification, migration and identifying the right multi cloud mix to effectively accomplish business objectives.
· Understands engineering requirements and architect scalable solutions adopting DevOps and leveraging advanced technologies such as AWS CodePipelines, AWS Code-Commit, ECS containers, API Gateway, CloudFormation Templates, AWS Kinesis, Splunk, Dome9, AWS-SQS, AWS-SNS, SonarCube, Microservices, and Kubernetes to realize stronger benefits and future proof outcomes for customer-facing applications.
· Build use cases/scenarios and reference architectures to enable rapid adoption of cloud services in product’s cloud journey.
· Be an integral part of the technology and architecture community in the public cloud partners (AWS, GCP, Azure) and bring in new services launched by cloud providers into 8K Miles Product Platform scope.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the DevOps and Cloud community.
· Act as a technical liaison between product management, service engineering, and support teams.
o Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering with 12+ years’ experience in information technology (networking, infrastructure, database).
o Strong and recent exposure to AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud platforms and designing hybrid multi cloud solutions. Preferred to be Certified AWS Architect professional or similar
· Working knowledge of UNIX shell scripting.
· Strong hands-on programming experience in Python
· Working knowledge of data visualization tools – Tableau.
· Experience working in cloud environment — AWS.
· Experience working with modern tools in the Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
· Version Control Systems (Ex. Git, Github, Stash/Bitbucket), Knowledge Management (Ex. Confluence, Google Docs), Development Workflow (Ex. Jira), Continuous Integration (Ex. Bamboo), Real Time Collaboration (Ex. Hipchat, Slack).
• To design the security infrastructure / policies for the organisation, implement & monitor the same
• To ensure security compliance with respect to recommendations received from government agencies like CEA, NCIIPC
• Design, review, implement & monitor IT security related controls as part of Internal
• Controls, IFC, ERM
• ISMS certification (ISO 27001) for IT systems; this will include preparation and periodic review of policies and SOPs, regular trainings and maintaining records in prescribed formats
• Conducting internal security audit and generating reports by deploying VA tools
• Periodic security/VAPT audits and implementation of the findings
• IT security related new initiatives like - Security Operations Centre (SOC), Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), cloud security, EMM-enterprise mobility management
• Creating IT Security awareness within the organisation
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering or equivalent professional or military experience with 10-15 years of experience.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage at least 2 cloud environments out of AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud developed or re-engineered or optimized
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and Development teams with support to Infrastructure team
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture,design patterns and programming
- Advising and implementing Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure) best practices
- Working as both an application architect as well as development specialist in Cloud native Apps architecture, development to deployment phases.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Who You Are
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Able to balance multiple tasks and projects effectively and quickly adapt to new situations and technologies
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Systematic problem-solver, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
What you need
- 3-7 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or a mix of a software engineer and DevOps.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Linux fundamentals, System administration scripting, performance tuning/scalability, troubleshooting.
- Write great quality code using SOLID principles including unit and integration tests.
- Hands-on development experience in an object-orientated programming language like Python.
- Hands-on experience developing task automations
- Experience using tools to create and manage CI (continuous integration) and CD (continuous delivery) pipelines.
- Familiarity with software development tools: source code management (SCM systems), code review systems, issue tracking tools, build tools, test frameworks, code quality tools.
- Experience implementing open-source observability and alerting tools, like Prometheus, Grafana, Cortex, Thanos, Alertmanager etc
- Have decent knowledge on networking (VPC, VNet, DNS etc) and of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
- Worked with log and configuration management tool
- Prior experience of working with AWS, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Prior experience of working with Kubernetes, Docker and containers is plus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Documenting your work should be in your DNA
What you get
- A chance to develop and build something (probably from scratch) which you can be proud of
- Build and Implement modern systems observability solutions including monitoring, alerting, metrics, logging, and APM & distributed tracing.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Maintain business continuity by identifying and driving opportunities to make systems highly resilient and human-free.
- Closely work with the software engineering team to ensure accurate monitoring and metrics are being built into applications before going to production.
- Develop and maintain software modules for use and re-use in cloud and on-premise systems automation.
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements to increase operational reliability
- Drive standardization efforts across the services, infrastructure, systems, and practices
- Develop Systems & Tools to help with Development team to uphold the Reliability principles
The Senior Information Security Engineer is responsible for the implementation, execution and maintenance of technology solutions to mitigate risk, to protect the IT and Engineering environments by reducing the probability of, and to minimize the effects of, damage caused by malware, malicious activities and security events.
The individual will help protect the company by deploying, tuning, and managing security tools across the computing environment, as well as provide security incident response cycle support. They should have a passion and skills for identifying the latest cyber threats. The individual will:
- Working knowledge of infrastructure-as-code and CI/CD pipelines tools (i.e. Jenkins, Teamcity, CircleCI etc..)
- Lead and participate in major day-to-day operational aspects of the security engineering team including improvement of current security controls while constantly identifying areas of needed improvement
- Deep hands-on security experience with cloud providers, such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Understanding of automated security testing approaches and tools
- Experience with proactive integration of security into the development process
- Lead continuous improvement efforts of out security tools and systems (Concertation on SIEM, IDS, EDR Tools)
- Work with our customers (Security Operations, Incident Response, and Product teams) to incorporate high quality security alerting into their operational workflows
- Improve overall security practitioner efficiency through process automation
- Foster and promote collaboration among all members of the IT, Infrastructure, and Risk Management Departments.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 7+ years of cybersecurity experience
- Must have previous experience performing threat hunting and incident response duties using SIEM tools, cybersecurity management consoles, and ticketing systems
- Experience in deployment, development, and maintenance of SIEM
- Experience writing and using Ansible server administration scripts, and create simple Python, BASH, or Powershell scripts to automate cybersecurity functions
- Scripting experience to automate security operations, alerting, and compliance checks, CI/CD design, deployment, and management
- Experience with managing endpoint response and detection infrastructure and endpoints at the enterprise level, including performing upgrades to the back end application and deploying new agent versions to endpoints
- Understanding the investigative process and performing triage for cybersecurity incidents
- Experience maintaining industry leading security technologies or infrastructure systems in complex technical IT operations environment
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with ability to handle competing demands while meeting deadlines
- Experience in authentication protocols and frameworks to include OAuth, and AWS IAM
- Proactive and motivated; team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and cross-functional knowledge across multiple IT operational and security disciplines
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to lead and inspire change
- Provide daily support with resolution of escalated tickets and act as liaison to business and technical leads to ensure issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Incident resolution and supporting production system deployments.
- Suggest fixes to complex issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Support and deliver within Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Prioritise workload, providing timely and accurate resolutions.
- Perform production support activities which involve assignment of issues and issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Understand linux. SSH to linux box, look for web logs etc
- Understand web apps to be able to troubleshoot issues
- Good to have programming experience with Python.
- You should not be afraid to do some development as well as Devops.
- Clear written and oral communication is a must.
• Develop and Maintain IAC using Terraform and Ansible
• Draft design documents that translate requirements into code.
• Deal with challenges associated with scale.
• Assume responsibilities from technical design through technical client support.
• Manage expectations with internal stakeholders and context-switch in a fast paced environment.
• Thrive in an environment that uses Elasticsearch extensively.
• Keep abreast of technology and contribute to the engineering strategy.
• Champion best development practices and provide mentorship.
What we’re looking for
• An AWS Certified Engineer with strong skills in
o *nix and shell scripting
• Preferably with experience in:
o Circle CI
o Prometheus and Grafana
o Challenges of scale
o Production support
• Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong sense of ownership.
• Demonstrable desire to learn and grow.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Mature collaboration and mentoring abilities.