As a Scala Developer, you are part of the development of the core applications using the Micro Service paradigm. You will join an Agile team, working closely with our product owner, building and delivering a set of Services as part of our order management and fulfilment platform. We deliver value to our business with every release, meaning that you will immediately be able to contribute and make a positive impact.
Our approach to technology is to use the right tool for the job and, through good software engineering practices such as TDD and CI/CD, to build high-quality solutions that are built with a view to maintenance.
- Build high-quality applications and HTTP based services.
- Work closely with technical and non-technical colleagues to ensure the services we build meet the needs of the business.
- Support development of a good understanding of business requirements and corresponding technical specifications.
- Actively contribute to planning, estimation and implementation of team work.
- Participate in code review and mentoring processes.
- Identify and plan improvements to our services and systems.
- Monitor and support production services and systems.
- Keep up with industry trends and new tools, technologies & development methods with a view to adopting best practices that fit the team and promote adoption more widely.
Relevant Skills & Experience:
The following skills and experience are relevant to the role and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running in these areas.
- Web service application development in Scala (essential)
- Functional Programming (essential)
- API development and microservice architecture (essential)
- Patterns for building scalable, performant, distributed systems (essential)
- Databases – we use PostgreSQL (essential)
- Common libraries – we use Play, Cats and Slick (essential)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills (essential)
- Performance profiling and analysis of JVM based applications
- Messaging frameworks and patterns
- Testing frameworks and tools
- Docker, virtualisation and cloud computing – we use AWS and Vmware
- Linux systems administration
- Configuration tooling such as Puppet and Ansible
- Continuous delivery tools and environments
- Agile software delivery
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing complex production issues
- Fun, happy and politics-free work culture built on the principles of lean and self organisation.
- Work with large scale systems powering global businesses.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Note: We looking for immediate joiners. We expect the offered candidate should join within 15 days. Buyout reimbursement is available for 30 to 60 days notice period applicants who can ready join within 15 days.
To build on our success, we are looking for smart, conscientious software developers who want to work in a friendly, engaging environment and take our platform and products forward. In return, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, frameworks & methodologies in service development in an environment where we value collaboration and learning opportunities.