Position : Backend Developer – SDE3 : Java/Nodejs
As part of the engineering team, you would be expected to have deep technology expertise with a passion for building highly scalable products. This is a unique opportunity where you can impact the lives of people across 150+ countries!
● Own architecture, design, development, and implementation of different modules/features of the services
● Design, develop, deploy and support web applications.
● Bring in industry best practices
● Discover opportunities for performance improvements
● Recommend ways to improve reliability, efficiency and code quality
● Focus on continuous delivery and reducing complexity
● Carry out code reviews and manage pull requests within the mobile application development team
● Build applications based on micro-services architecture
● Overall 5+ years of experience in Backend development (Java or Nodejs).
● B.E/B.Tech in CS or equivalent streams from institute of repute (IITs, NITs, BITs, IIITs or equivalent)
● Strong object oriented design skills & knowledge of design patterns
● Experience in working with data platform & data lake pipeline building is preferred.
● Experience designing & developing distributed systems involving multiple web services, databases (both SQL and NoSQL), caches, queues, etc. taking into consideration scalability, availability, fault tolerance, consistency, etc. of the overall system
● Well-aware of and enforces development best practices: Unit Tests, Code Reviews, Integration Tests, CI/CD, Monitoring, Alerting, etc
- Hands-on experience in design and development using Rest APIs.
- Excellent working knowledge in Python.
- Must have a penchant for good API design.
- Must be a Stickler for good clear and secure coding
- Must have built and released APIs in production
- Experience in working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Must have designed thoughtful, extensible data models
- Knowledge of identifying, defining and building micro-services.
- Working knowledge of GCS, AWS, Azure or any other cloud provider
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Communication skills, to speak to developers across the world.
Location : Bangalore (Hybrid Work)
Please apply if you are from a Product based company
Software Engineer - II (Backend)
As a Software Engineer – II, you'll bring a good understanding of design and coding practices and apply these independently in development. In this role - you could expect to:
- Own the lifecycle of a feature from requirement analysis to deployment and post production processes
- Perform code reviews and support your team implement best practices
- Explore trade off's on module designs
- Continuously improve performance metrics of modules owned. Performs RCAs and deploys long term fixes.
- Implement initiatives that improve engineering efficiency and excellence
- Participate in the hiring and interview process for junior developers on your team
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- 2+ years of experience with Node.js/Express.js or similar framework
- 1+ years of experience with MongoDB
- 1+ years of experience creating REST APIs and backend systems
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Server Setup/AWS/GCP experience is a plus
- Creating APIs and backend systems
- Scraping sites and creating backend dashboards for data management
- Backend infrastructure management and deployment
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
- At least two years of experience as a Node.js developer.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours.
- Should be comfortable working in support with development projects
- Experience working on Spring (MVC, Boot, Batch, Security, Data)
- 4-5 years experience in Java-J2EE Development.
- Individual contributor.
- Extensive technical experience and development expertise in Core Java, J2EE.
- Experience working with and applying Design patterns to solve problems.
- Good in development code in Java/J2EE, new oracle query, procedures, functions, design the page, validate of java/Script
- Should be able to identify, track and mitigate risks to the product.
Design, Develop and Test applications running in the cloud.
Work in sprints, within a highly motivated, self-organizing team to produce quality software
according to the priorities laid down by the application stakeholders.
Design innovative solutions to problems faced by our internal and external customers and
implement them on continuously evolving applications.
Write Unit tests to ensure code is proven to work before being deployed to Test environments.
Use defensive coding to ensure software is developed with a secure approach.
Provide input on best practices and innovations across all aspects of our software development.
Provide our customers with Applications that can satisfy their needs, working as part of the team
to address issues that customers may encounter as they go about their business.
Required Experience and Skills :
A minimum of 6 years of software development experience
In-depth knowledge of C#
Hands-on experience with ASP. NET MVC Framework
Strong knowledge and experience in designing and developing Web solutions using ASP.
NET MVC Framework
Rich experience in creating REST-based web-services using ASP. NET Web API or ASP.
Working experience of Relational Databases (MS SQL, Oracle nice to have), ORM (Entity
Framework, EF Core)
Affinity with unit and integration testing frameworks and TDD
Knowledge of Azure cloud and DevOps pipeline nice to have
Analyze, plan and estimate requirements as well as identify risks involved and provide
Understanding of design principles behind scalable and testable applications
Continuous improvement and innovative mind-set.
Ability to take a lead role and take ownership of complex data integration deliveries.
A degree in Computer Science and/or a business related degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated and strong experience with Java Development (1.8 and above), Spring Boot, ability to design API and RESTful services, and an understanding of transactions
- Strong experience writing Microservices using Java 1.8 and above.
- Good Experience in Behavior Driven Design ( Cucumber , Gherkin ).
- Data design experience in application, noSQL, familiarity with modern technology and architecture (cloud, virtualization, object stores, etc.), and experience with SDLC tools and agile development methodology
- Experience with Angular JS preferred.
- Experience with spring cloud , swagger and devOps tools preferred
- Experience in Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience with Mulesoft preferred.
- Experience in SAFe Agile methodology preferred.
- Experience in building presentation layers using Front-end technologies
- Good problem solving skills and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to lead technology initiatives, develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity, an ability to interpret system / business requirements and prepare specification and design document.
- Java, J2EE, JDBC , EJB, Servlets,, Messaging Platform, Agile waterfall
Ideal candidate must have :
- 2+ years of experience in writing code
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Can work independently and be a team contributor
- Must have good knowledge of Node, Python and Scripting languages
- Experience in one or more of RDBMS - PostgreSQL, MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL and real-time DB - Firebase/Firestore or MongoDB
- Must be able to write concise and high-quality API
- Must be a quick learner, curious and ambitious