Kindly do not apply if you have less than 4 Yrs of Experience in Python
Position(6 Months Contract in Gurugram, India) :
Sr. Software Engineer
4+ years of relevant exp
(Note: FREE accommodation can be given in Gurgaon, India for the 6 months & 'work from home' is not allowed)
The company for which you will be working is an online insurance provider that operates a B2C platform as well as a B2B2C platform. They are working to revolutionize the way insurance is bought in India by not only offering an online platform but also providing every customer a touchpoint with its partners. The company has been a platform for Motor, Health, Travel, & Life Insurance.
- A strong technical solutioning sense.
- Excellent experience in writing code using the following technologies: Python and Django.
- Can write elegant and performant SQL queries.
- Understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases and come up with effective solutions.
- Strong problem-solving, data structures, and algorithm design skills.
- Good understanding of REST APIs and web technologies in general.
- Very good understanding of any RDBMS like MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Ability to build a feature from scratch & drive it to completion.
- A willingness to learn and choose new technologies with a strong justification for the choices made.
- Be involved in all aspects of development: playing a critical role in the design, planning, development, testing, and deployment.
- Help develop best practices for future development.
- Thinks and implements in the right way instead of cutting corners.
- Conceptualize, Design, and Develop new features in the product.
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications, test & debug programs
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application.
- Use technical knowledge and creative thinking to provide the most innovative solutions.
- Optimizing the performance of the components and keeping up to date with the latest industry trends
- Doing effective peer reviews where your peers learn from you every time.
- Be a great team player
If interested, please share your CV with kuldeep[dot]pandey[@]benchkart[dot]com
Primary Skills: Database Systems (SQL), Python Flask/Fast API/Django frameworks specifically
- Highly proficient in fundamentals of Python web development frameworks like Flask, Django and Fast API
- Demonstrated experience in developing APIs using Python frameworks
- Should have deep knowledge in PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server and other SQL based Databases
- Knowledge and proficiency in NoSQL is a bonus
Must have 1+ Years of experience.
Location: Apart from the East Indian States it will be permanent work from home.
- Work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Team spirit
- Good problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
We are looking for a Django Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products.
Python Developer responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team.
- BSc/BE/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Must have 3+ years of work experience as a Python Developer
- Expertise in Django Framework. Other frameworks like Flask Pyramid knowledge is good to have
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
At Embibe, we have just one mission - to truly personalize education. Because every child deserves it. This has led us to embark on this noblest of journeys to deliver life and learning outcomes for every student! Rooted in consumer behavior, we are leveraging AI and Data Science to deliver personalized achievement journeys for every student.
We are a tribe of intellectually fierce people from diverse backgrounds, focused on building cutting-edge products that empower everyone in the education ecosystem - students, teachers, educational institutes and parents. We enable a deeper understanding of student behavior, their strengths and weaknesses through analysis at a granular level. It is this shared vision of democratizing and personalizing education that unites us all.
Embibe is powered by AI and data science algorithms, using these contents being recommended across platforms and millions of learning outcomes delivered to students. Since its inception, millions of students have used the imbibe platform for learning concepts and outcomes. Academic users have spent 52mins on average with an average of 3 sessions daily. Embibe has been launched for 12 languages across India with support for 361 Exams (English), and 120 Exams (Hindi) for K6-K12 having 22.6L+ Qs and 58k+ Tests, 29k videos, 50k+ 3D assets. Embibe is the world's largest live online public sector implementation in edtech for test preparation, NTA app which is powered by Embibe has 3.1Mn+ downloads, and 14.3Mn hours spent by users with total 13.4Mn sessions and 1.64Bn attempts.SchoolApp is currently being used by 1000s of schools across India and we are planning to scale it to 100Mn students with 1Mn schools with 10Mn teachers in the period of the next 3yrs.
We are looking for a Software Engineer across levels who have ever contributed to any large-scale systems be it content platform e.g. Quora/Medium, streaming platform e.g. Netflix or Hotstar, activity log system e.g. Twitter feeds or payment systems like Razorpay to name a few. I/O, Read-Writes, DB connections, Distributed Locking, Memory, Bandwidth, High Throughput, Low Latency and minimal CPU cycles excite you!! You are deep thinkers and can bring ideas to the table, before starting writing the code!!
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Who are you?
● 2-14yrs years of relevant large-scale product company experience ideally in a fast-moving B2C/B2B environment.
● Programming. Proficiency in object-oriented and multi-threaded programming in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python,React.js, Node.js, Next.js, PHP, Golang etc.
● Deep understanding & experience of high-performance web-scale & real-time response systems, and large scale distributed systems.
● CS Fundamentals – exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, Good in Data Structures and Algorithms Design, Problem Solving.
● Open source contributors and can do quick POC of technologies will catch our eyes.
● Expertise in designing, implementing and operating distributed Systems architectures and concepts, especially on public cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure)
● Demonstrated expertise in applying systems patterns (e.g., Client-server, N-tier, Master/Slave, MVC) and API constructions (e.g., Swagger, OpenAPI).
● Experience in a high-availability 24/7 environment (cloud platforms are a plus). Expertise should include several of the following:
○ High-performance,up-time (99.999%) and self-recoverable systems.
○ Control, orchestration and automation platforms leveraging containers or VMs. ○ RPC frameworks (e.g., Protobuf/gRPC, Thrift, Bond)
● Experience with one or more Data Stores like (MySql, Postgres ) and NoSQL DataStores ( Mongo, Cassandra, Scylladb, Hbase, Redis, Aerospike etc.).
● Experience with Agile software development, TDD, and Continuous Integration. ● Experience in building Web/RESTFul/GraphQL services.
● Sound knowledge of *Nix, ORM(Hibernate, JPA), Spring ecosystem, Messaging platforms like Kafka/RMQ, build framework like Maven/Gradle etc.
● Very strong system design and object-oriented skills with a nifty ability to craft clean interfaces and operate at the right levels of abstraction.
● Solid coding skills with the ability to drive teams through massive refactoring exercises & improve coding standards across large code bases.
● Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions. ● Exposure to complete product development cycles – from inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, and re-architectures.
● Having experience building web infrastructure in cloud environments (such as AWS or Azure/GCP) is a plus. You understand and are always excited about learning new e.g.docker, Kubernetes.
● Education. M.Tech/M.Eng in Computer Science/Engineering or B.Tech/B.E in the same disciplines with equivalent years of experience would be a plus.
We'd particularly love it if:
● You’re a steward for engineering quality, reliability, scalability, availability, maintainability, flexibility habits and mindset in the organization under your purview, You know SOLID,12 factor App and Design Principles which you can apply or help the team in applying as needed. You can assure that our architectures are consistent with industry best practices. ● Version control tools like Git, SVN etc are good to have.
● Gather, understand, and prioritize requirements, research potential solutions, rapidly build prototypes, and distill and communicate what was learned, expected risks, resources & security concerns.
● Mentoring more junior engineers to instill engineering best practices and driving high standards in documentation, code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions and strategy roadmap development.
● Actively participate in development along with team members - creating modules & systems that can then be treated as a working reflection of the best practices.
● Set the vision of the domain architecture and technology stack for technology in your organization, You understand LLD and HLD.
● Be an evangelist for technology - drive a culture of curiosity and active debate around technology in your organization.
● Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you are able to create.
Note: We just use degrees to measure the Temperature!!
We are looking for a passionate backend developer with 2-3 years of experience who loves challenges and building something from ground-up. Past track record of building a statistical tool will be an advantage
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design of system and architecture for all features and problems
- Translate high level business problems into scalable design and code
- Maintain existing backend code and infrastructure
- Working with team to solve problems and discuss new ideas
- Smart system design smart having a balance between speed of implementation and scalability
- Ownership of projects or codes written
Qualifications and Skills
- Passion to work for startup and aptitude for fast learning
- In-depth understanding of Django and Django Rest Framework
- Expertise in python
- Basic machine learning knowledge, Company will help the candidate to upskill
- Ability to write clean, scalable, robust code
- Understanding of complete lifecycle of software development
- Basic knowledge of front-end development
- Good understanding of restful api design
- Working knowledge of AWS (EC2, RDS and Postgresql)
- Familiarity deploying SAAS solution with Amazon AWS and Docker (Kubernetes) etc
Esper is looking for a software engineer to transform the customer experience
for developers and engineering teams using the platform of services to deploy
and build out their device fleets. You and your team will own services that will
enable customers to develop and customize their development process, along
with easing their use of Continuous Integration techniques for their software. We
need a leader that is experienced in delivering scalable multi-region fault tolerant
systems, is passionate about the developer tools space, is excited to have
software developers as their customers, and is obsessed about creating
compelling customer experiences.
In this role you will contribute to a critical and highly-visible function within the
Esper business. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the
technical direction of the service, and the feature roadmap. You will work with
extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best
execute on the product. If you’re excited to have a large impact on Esper and the
device industry, you’ll find this role to be engaging, challenging, and full of
opportunities to learn and grow.
Help drive business decisions with your technical input
Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software
solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and
Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of
quality for all of the team deliverables
Write high quality distributed system software
Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
2 -4 years of professional software development experience
You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
You are comfortable with programming languages like Go, Python, Java
You’ve good understanding of databases system like Postgres. Extensive Knowledge about Postgres is a big plus.
You’ve have worked with Docker, Kubernetes and have fundamental understanding of distributed systems like Kafka, Elasticsearch
Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
What we think makes us special
Esper is a fast-growing, well-funded company where everyone matters and you can see your impact daily. We trust our teammates and offer intense ownership and therefore accountability. We’re inventing the future and building something special. The team really enjoys what we do and cares about your input. We don’t hire just to fill a spot, we want you to make a difference.
As you help us build this special company, Esper will take care of you. We offer flexible vacation, regular hack-days, competitive pay and benefits, and room for advancement. We hire capable veterans so we avoid the drama and trust in each other’s work. Our worldwide footprint mixes different cultures for a unique experience. We also like to have fun because we play just as hard as we work.
- Should have experience in supporting the application and infrastructure 24x7.
- Should have good working knowledge on troubleshooting skills of Operating Systems (Linux/Windows)
- Good experience on Java/j2EE application supporting and AWS infra supporting.
- Ability to work with 3rd parties/FOPS and provide required instruction to troubleshoot and restore faults.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues, troubleshooting solutions, and taking responsibility for seeing those solutions through resolution.
- Identify root cause and corrective actions for highly complex availability, capacity, security, performance, and quality issues affecting the database.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix operating system.
- Good knowledge in scripting languages like Shell, Python.
- Good Knowledge on Databases like Mongo, Mysql, SQL Server.
- Respond to alerts and take corrective action to ensure the high-availability of our production environments and participate in an after-hours on-call rotation.
- Experience/Knowledge of other cloud platforms (Azure, Google Cloud) is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
- Must have production support experience as the requirement is 24X7X365 production support.