- At least 2-5 years of working experience in web services, preferably in Python
- Should have built and released APIs in production
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Designing thoughtful, extensible data models
- Knowledge of identifying, defining and building micro-services
- Working knowledge of GCS, AWS, Azure or any other cloud provider
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills - written and spoken
Only 10% of India speaks English and 90% speak over 25 languages and 1000s of dialects. The internet has largely been in English. A good part of India is now getting internet connectivity thanks to cheap smartphones and Jio. The non-english speaking internet users will balloon to about 600 million users out of the total 750 million internet users in India by 2020. This will make the vernacular segment one of the largest segments in the world - almost 2x the size of the US population. The vernacular segment has very few products that they can use on the internet. One big need is that of sharing thoughts. Twitter serves this need globally through a micro-blogging platform. However most of the Tweets are in English and the vernacular Indian feels out of place on it. To solve that problem, we started Koo.
About The Company
The app is a micro-blogging platform in Indian languages. It is an app built in India, for Indians, to share their thoughts and opinions on any topic in their mother tongue using Audio/Video/Text. Koo gives a voice to Indians and enables the “Best of India” to share their thoughts with the “Rest of India”. We provide a personalised feed to users by letting people select the people they want to follow. The user is then shown content from these people. Some of the top minds of India are invited to share their thoughts and opinions on various topics. Users can follow such personalities and follow what they are talking about, and share their opinions too.
We are a Series A venture funded company. It has raised $6.5 million from stellar investors like Accel Partners, Shunwei Capital, Kalaari Capital, 500startups and Blume Venture Partners.
Technology Team & Culture
Nishant (CTO), has headed engineering for large and complex platforms like Coverfox and CitrusPay catering to the needs of millions of consumers. Technology team comprises sharp coders, technology geeks and guys who have tried entrepreneurship or are very entrepreneurial in nature and extremely passionate towards technology. Anyone being part of a technology team will have a lot to learn from their peers and mentors. Download our android app nearing 1 million downloads from play store and take a look at what we are trying to build. Technology stack compromises of a wide variety of cutting edge technologies like Elixir, Java 11, Reactive Programming, MongoDB, Neo4j, Kubernetes, AWS, NodeJS, Python, ReactJS, Redis, Aerospike, ML, Deep learning etc. Working hard & party harder is the mantra that we believe in.
Technology skill sets required for a matching profile
1. Work experience between 2 years to 8 years in building large scale high user traffic consumer facing applications with desire to work in a fast paced startup.
2. Knowledge on reactive and asynchronous programming is preferable. If you have worked with coroutines, goroutines, high concurrency or optimized number of threads for processing on your backend server you could be a good fit.
3. Extremely proficient at writing performant, scalable and production ready code in Kotlin, Java (8 or above, comfortable with concepts like lambda, streams, multithreading etc), Elixir, Rust, or Golang. Should be familiar with static code analysis, code coverage and code reviews.
4. Experience with NoSQL DBs like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis or Aerospike is required.
Knowledge of graph DBs like Neo4j is preferred.
5. Strong in algorithms, problem solving and data structures.
6. Knowledge of TDD and experience with building applications integrated with CI-CD pipelines (automated build, tests and deployments).
7. Exposure to micro-services with good understanding of containers, kubernetes, logging, alerting and monitoring. Inter services communication. Should know how to handle multiple versions of APIs.
2. Spring boot/ Spring or any variations of Spring
4. Mentions of, distributed systems, scalable systems
5. Mentions of ElasticSearch, Kafka or Redis
6. NoSQL databases like Cassandra/DynamoDB/MongoDB/Hbase etc
7. Mentions of Handling scale/scalable systems
9. Mentions of AWS or Amazon web services.
Description: Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application
⌛️ Where will you spend your time?
- Early stage disruptive Web3 SAAS product with a potential to grow into a category defining behemoth
- Relentlessly improving performance, scalability, and maintainability on top of being responsible for entire products
- Owning the design process, implementation, and verification of framework components leveraging standard software engineering methodologies
- Translating functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
🤝 What makes you a good fit?
- 1+ years of experience in product development, architecture, and design.
- Experience with API integrations, database design, and backend frameworks on NodeJS and/or Python
- Experienced with an agile team environment and you prefer being a self-starter.
👀 What process do we follow?
- The whole process is designed so that it can wrap within 2 weeks
- Application: We will keep it simple. You can apply directly through this link. All we ask for is a Resume and a couple of lines around the motivation for the position you are applying for. Additional Portfolio links such as Github, Medium or a Personal website are welcome but not mandatory.
- Screening: We will screen your profile and get back with a decision within 72 working hours.
- Interviews: We will have two rounds of interviews. Round one (30mins) will focus on getting to know each other better and identifying if this could work for both of us. Round two (60mins) is a technical round where we will review your prior experience and discuss how you would solve a problem we will introduce on call.
- Meet the Team: Culture-Fit is essential for both you and us. So we always go the extra mile, and you will meet other colleagues on the team who you would be work with. Here, you could discuss questions around culture or other things you might be interested in given a new role.
- Offer Rollout: If all looks well, we will pop a bottle of champagne.
1 Good command in either Python(django) or Python (flask)
2 Has worked on large scale
3 Experience in building REST APIs
4 Proficiency with databases such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
5 knowledge of Kubernetes, docker and deployment
We are looking for an application support engineer to maintain and support the suite of software products. The incubment will be responsible for analysing, debugging and fixing production issues in addition to providing regular maintenance support.
- Provide first level of support in analysing and debugging issues
- Work with other members of the development team in fixing the issues
- Work with relevant stakeholders in understanding the issues and providing timely workarounds and resolutions
- Provide support during regular maintenance activities
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in Python, Django DRF, REST APIs
- Experience with any RDBMS and SQL queries
- Exposure to AWS will be an added advantage
- Strong team player who can work efficiently in a highly collaborative environment
- Motivated and able to work independently
About Rolling Arrays
Rolling Arrays provides HR Software and HR System Implementation Services (SAP SuccessFactors, Qualtrics, Reimburse, CICO, eFile, eAuthoring) to Clients in Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, UAE, Hong Kong. Rolling Arrays (RA) was featured as Singapore’s Top 75 fastest growing companies by the leading newspaper of Singapore - The Straits Times in 2021 where RA was ranked 48. Rolling Arrays has 2 lines of businesses:
HR System Implementation Services:
Rolling Arrays is regarded as number ONE mid-size firm in the South East Asian Market with a strong track record of 12 Years and more than 200 enterprise level HR Technology Implementation projects till date. The services include –
- SAP SuccessFactors Design Consulting
- SAP SuccessFactors Implementation
- SAP SuccessFactors Change Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Support Services (AMS)
HR Software Products in Rolling Arrays’ portfolio (partner’s products and own products):
- SAP SuccessFactors (World’s leading End to End Cloud HR Software solution)
- Qualtrics (World’s leading Experience Management Software)
- Reimburse (AI Enabled Travel & Expense Management Software for Enterprises)
- CICO (Intelligent Time Capture Machine, a software alternative to Physical Biometric Devices)
- eFile (Digitize and contextualize all employee documents in one place)
- eAuthoring (Author and publish your own learning content to capture tacit knowledge in the organization)
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of exposure to the architecture and design (design patterns, security, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science or other related fields
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java or Python including object-oriented design
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Proven ability to take initiative and dive into new areas of technology.
- Passion for learning, analysing technology trade-offs and shipping products.
- Knowledge on SQL, NOSQL databases and AWS deployments is a plus
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly self motivated and motivating
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
- You will build cutting-edge secure and scalable systems by writing simple and efficient code.
- You will push your design and architecture limits for new product development.
- You will be the owner of your feature and work directly with product teams to drive customer impact.
- You will ensure that the systems you oversee are secure, fault-tolerant and are performing reliably at high volumes.
- Constantly look at possibilities to improve the overall functioning of the product.
- You possess a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- You are independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- You will manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- You can collaborate with globally-located cross functional team in building customer-centric products
- You will analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide estimates for implementing new features
- Full stack experience is a plus
- Understanding of complete SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Domain expertise in Financial Services, Banking or Payments
- Code Quality –Code Hygiene (Coverage, Complexity, Usability)
- Collaboration –Strong peer review standards
- Develop cloud-based Python Django software products
- Working closely with UX and Front-end Developers
- Participating in architectural, design, and product discussions
- Designing and creating RESTful APIs for internal and partner consumption
- Working in an agile environment with an excellent team of engineers
- Highly proficient with Python
- Hands-on experience with the Django framework
- Solid database skills in a relational database (i.e. PostgresSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Strongly preferred exposure with Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of how to build and use RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Experience deploying Python applications into production
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure knowledge is a plus
Experience in writing RESTFUL services, and /or integrating with 3rd party API
Experience in Data Structure & OOPS, GRPC +Protocol Buffers
Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm is preferred.
Experience with SQL & NoSQL databases
Excellent communication and analytical skills
Knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
Ability to work independently and with team
What would you spend most of your time doing?
As a software engineer at an early stage startup, you will be responsible for laying the foundation of all engineering systems. Your day might begin with designing a new micro-service supposed to handle 500 million pings on its first day in production and end with fierce debates on coding guidelines or the best practices for handling data consistency across distributed systems.
Being an enterprise-focused company, our systems don't scale linearly or even exponentially. Every new customer brings the scale of millions of customers that they serve. We need to build robust, scale-ready and fault-tolerant services from day one. Our clients rely on it.
Best for someone who is:
1. A polyglot, fluent in system design principles and not in a particular language or framework. It will be your responsibility to evaluate all available options and pick the best one for the job.
2. Passionate to move fast without breaking things and insists on rigorous testing.
3. Excited to own the outcome of what (s)he builds while clearly communicating the steps to get there.
If you are looking to spend your 20s learning how to build a company from scratch, if building systems at scale excites you, if you are mesmerized by what the world of location can offer or if you are passionate about zero-to-one, we will see you on the other side? :)