- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks like Laravel and working on other skills.
- Strong knowledge of MYSQL, RDBMS
- Familiar with Apache Configuration
- Experience in object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
The maximum notice period considers being 30 days.
Male candidates will be considered in the development profile.
The mode of Interview will be telephonic and the final round will be on Skype.
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technology Lead (Python or Node), who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from scratch.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Architect scalable software solutions and mentor a team of high performing developers.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshoot to ensure uptime for live systems etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier college.
- Prior 4+ years of experience in back-end development (Python/ Golang) in a start-up or a dynamic work environment.
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance systems.
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores etc.
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
We are an early-stage, global, VC-funded startup based in the US and India with the BHAG of helping 100M customers transition to a sustainable life. The founders are MIT and IITB alumni with past experience at McKinsey, Ola, Accel and multiple social enterprises.
We are an experienced team of scientists, researchers, technologists and entrepreneurs obsessed with the idea of a NetZero Society. We have come together to work on what we believe is the most pressing issue faced by humanity today - The Climate Crisis.
We are building a state-of-the-art urban sustainability platform that helps these environmentally conscious consumers to calculate, understand and track their environmental footprints using sophisticated science-based techniques. We guide our users through personalized missions to reduce their environmental impact, provide them with targeted opportunities to financially support best-in-class sustainability projects in their community (tree plantation, carbon capture, etc.) and offer curated access to certified sustainable brands.
We want to empower every company in the world with the tools to become more sustainable. We are looking to build a strong and passionate team to join us in this journey.
- An exciting, enriching and challenging work environment
- Ability to work directly with founding team members to shape the company
- The friendly and conducive working atmosphere
- Opportunity to participate in the zero-to-one journey of building a startup
- A competitive salary and comprehensive medical insurance coverage
- Significant upside through an employee-friendly ESOP policy
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Annual company retreat
- Bring your dog to work 🐶
- 3-5 years of experience in backend software technologies like Java and Spring boot
- Experience in working with MYSQL Database and prior knowledge on db modelling
- Experience in integrating with webservice APIs / Rest APIs
- Experience in working with micro-service architecture
- Experience in Unit testing/integration testing of backend APIs using Junit or any unit testing framework
About the Role
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software and new user-facing features across Novo’s products and services.
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and engineering.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability and analyze feedback from customers and internal teams to identify issues and improvement opportunities.
- Champion a passion for engineering best practices such as code quality, linting, and testing.
- Ensure our software is reliable, extensible, maintainable, debuggable, secure, well-tested and performs well under load.
- Mentor junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Stay engaged with latest technologies and evaluate strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
Requirements for the Role
- 5+ years experience in a highly technical role at a hyper-growth startup or fast-paced company.
- Extensive background designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving software.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business goals and initiatives into technical requirements.
- Strong understanding of SQL database.
- Demonstrable experience architecting scalable and cost effective solutions to ensure and support customer growth.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers in all aspects of planning, development and testing.
- Strong understanding of system design and architecture.
- Interest in engaging with latest technologies and evaluating strategies to keep the Novo technology stack up to date.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams effectively.
2. Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture. Basic understanding of front-end technologies
3. Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
4. Experience in creating and implementing REST APIsFamiliarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
5. Good understanding of both SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
6. A desire and interest to learn and work in the Docker ecosystem
7. Strong unit test and debugging skills
8. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
10. Basic knowledge of cloud technologies like Docker, Openstack, Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Identify bad code practices in PHP and write new rules to detect them.
- Improve the coverage of automatically fixable issues.
- Ensure fewer false-positives are reported by the analyzer.
- Work on the internal tools that support analysis runtimes.
- Contribute to open-source static analysis tools.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong foundational knowledge in Computer Science.
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience in PHP.
- Understanding of the nuances of execution of the source code (AST, data flow graphs, etc).
- Familiarity with PHP best practices followed in the industry.
- Native experience with Linux/Unix environment.
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing practices.
We are looking for a talented and motivated engineer to join our fleet and help us solve real-world problems in this exciting field. Join us and share the dream of building the next generation online platform for the Auto industry.
What you'll do :
- Design and architect our core components
- End to end systems development
- Ownership of complete systems from development till production and maintenance
- Infrastructure management on AWS
Technologies you'll use :
- Microservices, AWS, Java, Spring-boot
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Kafka, RabbiMQ
- Any cool piece of technology that you can bring onboard.
What you are :
- You love technology and always open to learning new tools
- You are a self-starter
- You are proficient in Java, SQL
- You have good knowledge of Databases: RDBMS/Document
- You have worked with server technologies: Spring / Dropwizard / Tomcat/Spring Boot
- You have a good understanding of REST API design
- You believe in clean and maintainable code
- Development and maintenance of existing codebases.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques.
- You will be working on different technologies and domains as needed.
- Strong logical thinking.
- Good knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Strong Knowledge of any one programming language.
- Knowledge of web frameworks (i. e. Django, spring, express)
- Flexible to learn new languages and technologies as needed.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of AWS and GCP
- Earlier experience in SailsJS