- Perform technical feasibility studies of new technologies and architectures, including evaluation of OTS cloud offering.
- Generate entire software image for the target device, including the kernel, device drivers, libraries, and application software, and the bootloader for proprietary IOT connectivity device(s).
- Software packaging with RPM building and management
- Define the process to upgrade the new Linux package to existing hardware at customer premises
- Configuration and Troubleshoot of the proprietary IOT connectivity devices for internal R&D teams during their development and verification
- Automate the creation and distribution of keys and certificates
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls for IoT connectivity devices.
- Tune server and application-level performance monitoring and alerting.
- Help define our roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs, considering architectural issues and tradeoffs
- Understand and manage integration points with other systems that interface with your applications
- Supports development of project plans, including scope, budget, schedules, and risk management.
- Works closely with the business analysts, software development and verification team, the functional manager, and the program manager.
- Collaborate and work with global teams in multiple locations.
- Interface with Global Privacy and Security team for the IoT Gateway understand security risks and recommendations and provide solutions to mitigate the security risks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking / Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related field
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in Networking, shell scripting, and Linux internals, with a development background.
- Strong understanding of Networking concepts like VPC, Route tables, Host base router firewall, SSH, NAT, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, Virtual IPs, VPN
- Linux System Administration and Networking work experience
- Configuring Firewalls(IP tables/firewall) and security software
- Able to generate Linux packages, and configure based on business needs.
- Passion for cybersecurity. Ability to build secured Linux packages with antivirus and security patches.
- Shell, Python scripting experience
- Basic SQL skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional and remote teams. Must be able to communicate in English, both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with vendors and customers.
- Experience with Agile Scrum
- Development background in Java/C++
- DevOps knowledge
- Strong C/C++ programming hands on experience
- Should have work experience on firmware development with strong Linux internals.
- Very good development, design and debugging experience on embedded firmware.
- Added advantage to have experience on Systems management/Out of Band/BMC domain experience
- Good to have automation experience using Python or shell scripting
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience on tools like JIRA, Yocto, Visual studio, etc.
Develop, design, and implement embedded applications.
· Prepares appropriate documentation as required by internal product development processes
· Conducts and participates in design, code and test reviews and inspections, as well as the feasibility, efficacy and compliance to functional and regulatory standards.
· Works closely with the software team, the software verification team, the functional manager and the project manager.
· Collaborates with distributed, cross-functional teams to ensure products meet quality, performance, scalability, reliability and schedule goals.
· Investigates software, hardware, and system problems using a variety of techniques and provides innovative solutions.
· Conduct and participate in reviews and inspections for all elements in the firmware lifecycle to ensure that our code quality and customer satisfaction goals are achieved
· Integrate and validate new product designs
· Provide post-production support
- B.Tech. / M.Tech. (any stream)
· Good knowledge in firmware development field with more than 3 years of experience
· Basic knowledge of software life cycle, algorithm and data structure.
· Excellent knowledge of OS, coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
· Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
· Ability to understand the electrical schematics and work closely with electrical team.
· Experience with Real Time Operating Systems and Embedded Linux.
· Mode of network connectivity - good idea about GSM/GPRS, Wifi, Ethernet mode of connections. TCP, MQTT, HTTP mode of connection will be a big plus
· Protocols Like UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, MODBUS, TCP/IP, USB, Bluetooth.
· Experience in modules like Wi-Fi, BLE, Lora WAN, ZIGBEE, RF etc.
· Should have experience in working with TFT and LED displays.
· Extensive experience in micro-controller/microprocessor (like ARM Cortex M, ESP32, STM Chips, NXP, BeagleBone , ESP chips, BeagleBone black, STM Chips, Atmega chips etc.)
· Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review (GIT, SVN)
· History of driving project execution and timely delivery while ensuring a quality focus.
· Experience writing / interfacing with device drivers.
· Experience in Agile development processes and philosophies.
· Strong documentation and writing skills
· Basics of embedded system development
· Embedded C/C++
· Scripting Lang - Python
· Basics of wireless communication
· Strong Problem-Solving Skills
· Analytical Skills (Good Aptitude)
· Communication Skills
WLAN Linux Device Driver development (802.11ax preferred)
- WLAN Debugging
- WLAN Firmware development (802.11ac, 802.11n)
- Networking/Wireless Domain knowledge
- Hostapd, Supplicant
- Cross compiling/porting experience
- Performance optimization & Firmware enhancements
Must have Skills:
- 1-10 years of experience in Embedded Software Design, Implementation and testing
- Good knowledge of C or C++
- Basic knowledge in Scripting (Shell, Perl or Python)
- Proficiency in Problem Solving and Debugging skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience with version control e.g. GIT
- Basic experience of working in Linux OS
- Network Drivers
- WLAN Protocol Knowledge – 11n, 11ac
- WLAN Linux Device Drivers
- Hostpad, Supplicant
- WLAN Debugging
- Fluent in English
Desired Candidate Details:
- Design, development, and maintenance
- WLAN Stack development and debugging
- Feature Enhancements, Applications, Tools for SDKs
- Basic module level unit testing, System testing
- Providing support to technical documentation team and field application engineers
- Close collaboration with the Chipset Vendor on the Software Development
- Participations in the Product design and Software Design Documentation – High level / Module level / Low level design
- Troubleshooting software and architectural issues
We are looking for a seasoned Wireless LAN Software Engineer to join our Wireless & Networking team in Chennai, Pollachi, Kochi (Cochin), Gurugram, Manesar, Bengaluru (Bangalore). The candidate must be an experienced Engineer and a good team player, who will work on Wireless software solutions which will enable us to develop the products for our customers quickly with industry leading quality. Working with Embedded Software in agile development projects, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining software of Wireless Access Point and Router Products including Module design, Development, JIRA Updates and Unit testing of the Software that is meeting industry standards, creating demos of the solution and customer support.
- Extensive knowledge of linux kernel internals.
- Good knowledge of C programming language.
- Familiarity with any processor architecture, virtualization, storage and network management.
- Strong experience in debugging linux kernel mode
- Debugging experience across hardware and platform firmware.
- Firmware Design and Development experience on different micro-controllers.
- C/C++ programming
- Linux Commands Operating System Concepts
- board bring up, embedded software, Kernel Build, Yocto
- Shell scripting Networking Concepts Openwrt OS Concepts
- Must have good Communication and Presentable skills.
- Experience on any Wifi, Bluetooth, GSM modules is a plus.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software.
- Support for Incident and Request management tasks as assigned.
- Administration and understanding of the following network services to support Incident and Request tasks as assigned:
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- LAN Routing and Switching
- Microsoft Azure Networking – Vnets, Express Route, Vnet Peering, VPN Gateways
- LAN to LAN VPN Tunnels
- Arista Network devices
- Work with Networking Monitoring tools such as one or more of the following: Solar Winds, Splunk, Prime, NetMRI, Nagios
- Work directly with telecom carriers and Network infrastructure maintenance providers as needed, such as Verizon, Tata, Bharti, and Cisco.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Supports routing and switching and work on BGP, OSPF protocols
- Support China retail store infrastructure and data center through on-call rotations
- Graduate or above
- 6-7 years experience in LAN/WAN Routing including 2 or more years of LAN/WAN Administration experience within a multi-platform technical environment.
- In-depth understanding of voice and/or data technologies and subject matter expert in at least one area.
- Cisco Certified or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience.
- Understanding on IPsec, VPNs, GRE, NAT/PAT over varied platforms
- Expert knowledge of all LAN switching technologies eg Spanning Tree, VLAN management, and VTP concepts on Cisco, Nexus, and Arista
- Good understanding of MPLS routing and OSPF routing