Job Title -Senior Java Developers
Job Description - Backend Engineer - Lead (Java)
Mumbai, India | Engineering Team | Full-time
Are you passionate enough to be a crucial part of a highly analytical and scalable user engagement platform?
Are you ready learn new technologies and willing to step out of your comfort zone to explore and learn new skills?
If so, this is an opportunity for you to join a high-functioning team and make your mark on our organisation!
The Impact you will create:
- Build campaign generation services which can send app notifications at a speed of 10 million a minute
- Dashboards to show Real time key performance indicators to clients
- Develop complex user segmentation engines which creates segments on Terabytes of data within few seconds
- Building highly available & horizontally scalable platform services for ever growing data
- Use cloud based services like AWS Lambda for blazing fast throughput & auto scalability
- Work on complex analytics on terabytes of data like building Cohorts, Funnels, User path analysis, Recency Frequency & Monetary analysis at blazing speed
- You will build backend services and APIs to create scalable engineering systems.
- As an individual contributor, you will tackle some of our broadest technical challenges that requires deep technical knowledge, hands-on software development and seamless collaboration with all functions.
- You will envision and develop features that are highly reliable and fault tolerant to deliver a superior customer experience.
- Collaborating various highly-functional teams in the company to meet deliverables throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Identify and improvise areas of improvement through data insights and research.
What we look for?
- 5-9 years of experience in backend development and must have worked on Java/shell/Perl/python scripting.
- Solid understanding of engineering best practices, continuous integration, and incremental delivery.
- Strong analytical skills, debugging and troubleshooting skills, product line analysis.
- Follower of agile methodology (Sprint planning, working on JIRA, retrospective etc).
- Proficiency in usage of tools like Docker, Maven, Jenkins and knowledge on frameworks in Java like spring, spring boot, hibernate, JPA.
- Ability to design application modules using various concepts like object oriented, multi-threading, synchronization, caching, fault tolerance, sockets, various IPCs, database interfaces etc.
- Hands on experience on Redis, MySQL and streaming technologies like Kafka producer consumers and NoSQL databases like mongo dB/Cassandra.
- Knowledge about versioning like Git and deployment processes like CICD.
What’s in it for you?
- Immense growth, continuous learning and deliver the best to the top-notch brands
- Work with some of the most innovative brains
- Opportunity to explore your entrepreneurial mind-set
- Open culture where your creative bug gets activated.
If this sounds like a company you would like to be a part of, and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success!
So let’s converse! Our inquisitive nature is all keen to know more about you.
JAVA, MONGO, Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, rabbitMQ
PreludeWe are BeyondScale, on a mission to build a mobile learning app to help organizations create internal courses for their workforce easily. eLearning is booming and we aim to tap into the under-served non-IT L&D market and make a difference in the livelihoods of millions of people.
- 2+ years of experience coding with Python.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Eager and proactive to learn new technical skills.
- Hands-on experience of developing web APIs and writing database queries in PostgreSQL (MongoDB, MySQL and DynamoDB is a plus).
- Good understanding of OOPs, Multiprocessing and threading.
- Proficient in testing and debugging programs.
- Well-versed with Git and modern development workflow practices
- 4 to 8 years of industry experience in (JAVA, Spring Boot , Microservices)
- Ability to effectively manage task distribution
- Able to adapt to changing business requirements and react quickly
- Strong customer focus and results-oriented attitude. Self-motivated individual & able to work independently
We are looking for a highly capable Node.js developer to optimize our web-based application performance. You will be collaborating with our front-end application developers, designing back-end components, and integrating data storage and protection solutions.
To ensure success as a Node.js developer, you should possess extensive knowledge of Node.Js based services and experience in a similar role. An accomplished Node.js developer will be someone whose expertise results in the stable, fast, and secure exchange of data between servers and end-users.
Node.js Developer Responsibilities:
Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies.
Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
Node.js Developer Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, or similar.
At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer.
Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3.
Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
Exceptional analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
Great organizational and time management skills.
Availability to resolve urgent web application issues outside of business hours
We are a pre-seed stage startup & have set aside a large ESOP for this role that will create significant wealth for the successful candidate.
Our core customer-facing product today is a native Android application. In addition to this, we are building internal tools for customer support, investment management, marketing analytics and business management. In the future, we plan to hugely expand the features in our core product, build iOS and web products, and continuously improve our internal tools to better serve our customers.
For our back-end, we use Node.js / MySQL / AWS. We are currently a 3-member engineering team (1 back-end, 1 Android, 1 full stack) led by our founding engineer and advised by a senior technology executive from a leading fintech company.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our software applications
- Build reusable libraries and frameworks that support complex web applications
- Set-up our technology infrastructure and integrate with 3rd party applications
- Contribute to internal discussions around product features, roadmap and technologies used
- Mentor & recruit engineers to the team
- Set up processes related to engineering & product
Skills / Required Experience:
- B.Tech / M.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent, with solid foundational knowledge in at least two general programming languages, data structures, algorithms, system architecture, security and networking protocols.
- At least 6 years of back-end development experience in a software product company is required for this role.
- Exposure to modern software development processes, multiple front-end and back-end technologies, and open-source software.
- Proficiency with tools like Gitlab/Jira/Firebase, as well as AWS and commonly used database systems etc. is required
- Experience in an early-stage startup or having founded your own startup would be good to have (but not necessary).
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Designing and developing performant REST APIs / Microservices.
2. Data Model design.
3. Participating in requirements analysis.
4. Writing clean, scalable code and Implementing unit tests.
5. Participating in peer code reviews.
6. Optimizing the overall performance of Application.
7. Be a strong Agile team member.
1. Conceptually strong in Design Patterns and OOP
2. Hands on with technologies like Java/J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Spring Boot,Java Web
services/APIs (SOAP, REST, JSON, Maven, Gradle, jUnit)
3. Excellent understanding of data structures, threading..
4. Working knowledge with any of the Unit Test Frameworks such as jUnit.
5. Good problem solving skills. Attention to details.
6. Should be a quick learner and keen on learning new technologies.
7. Strong in debugging, troubleshooting
8. Proficient in RDBMS (Mysql, Mssql) or NoSql databases (mongo, hbase)
9. Good oral and written communication skills.
Additional Skills (Optional):
1. Exposure to Node.js / python
2. Exposure to Lambda functions.
3. Working knowledge with AWS/ Azure is a must.
4. Exposure to AWS Data Storage.
5. Knowledgeable on TDD.
Qualifications & Experience :
1. BE/B.Tech, ME/M.Tech. 4+ years of Java development experience, including Spring, Spring Boot
- Working with Databases and Linux platform
- Understanding algorithms, databases and their space and time complexities
- Writing unit and integration tests with reasonable coverage of code and interfaces
- Solving complex and interesting problems
- Taking up a high level of ownership and commitment towards the business and product vision
What you need to have:
- Minimum 1-year experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of data structures & algorithms and their space & time complexities
- Strong hands-on and practical working experience with at least one programming language: C/Java/C++/C#
- Excellent coding skills – should be able to convert the design into code fluently
- Strong technical aptitude and a good knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Hands-on experience working with Databases and Linux platform is a plus
- B-Tech in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputed college
- Good experience in at least one general programming language (Java, Ruby, Clojure, Scala, C/C++, Python and SQL)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems, Worked in startup like environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
- Excellent coding skills – should be able to convert design into code fluently
- Good skills to write unit & integration tests with reasonable coverage of code & interfaces
- TDD is a plus
Must have skills : Experience with Core Java, Microservices, Oracle Database and SpringBoot.
Roles & Responsibility :
- Build new decentralized microservices based on decoupled Kafka architecture
- Thorough understanding of fundamentals including OOP, Design Patterns and Data Structures
- Good knowledge of design principles
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Recommend and implement improvements
- Has proven ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Drive design discussions while also working with architects if a need arises
Required Skills :
- Experience building software applications professionally using Java.
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting methodologies and root cause analysis
Soft skills required :
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Able to pre-empt, identify and resolve problems that are non-routine or lacking in definition
- Ability to define, implement and work to a schedule
- Good time management skills.
- Attention to detail. Able to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to work with team members across the globe
- Experience with Core Java, Angular and SpringBoot is a plus.
Educational Qualifications : B.E./ ME (CS/EE) / MCA or equivalent higher-level degree
- In depth knowledge of Node.js
- Should be experienced with Micro-services.
- Knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB
- Working experience of Git preferably bitbucket.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD preferably using bitbucket pipelines and Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of agile methodologies and techniques
About theAsianparent : theAsianparent is a reproductive health-tech company that reaches out to 30 million mothers every month through our parenting website and app. Our vision is to improve the overall health of pregnant women, mothers and families in South East Asia by helping them navigate their most important moments with data-driven solutions and information in the form of content, community and physical products.
Headquartered in Singapore, theAsianparent has offices in Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and Nigeria. Our investors include Fosun, JD.com,Vertex Ventures and others.
We are looking for a Backend Engineers with 4+ years of experience to join our team. This is unique opportunity for a driven and insightful Engineer to join the leading growth-stage start up in the most meaningful segment of the economy(parents) in the core market of Singapore. This is a role where careers are made, if you are upto the challenge, and keen to work with world-class teams.
Work Experience : 4 years & above
About the Role :
This role is based in our India Office, reporting to the Head of Development.
Experience: PHP Developer: 3 - 5 Years
- Required (Must Have) skills : Wordpress, Core PHP, OOPS Concept, MySQL, Github
- Desired (Good to have) skills : Linux Command, Basic HTML5 & CSS3, JS/Jquery Ajax, Third-party APIs
- Must be a self-starter & be able to work with minimum supervision
- Basic architectural understanding of modern day web applications and enjoy designing a system for speed and scale.
- Should be able to create a website in HTML, Wordpress, WooCommerce and Laravel (Good to have)
- Excellent knowledge of PHP frameworks and MVC design patterns
- Experience of creating database schema
- Experience with CI/CD tools like jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with testing and automation frameworks.
- Good knowledge and experience in AGILE and SCRUM methodologies.
- Working knowledge of AWS Services, Web Services/REST API etc.
- Understanding of SEO is plus
What can you expect :
- A fast-paced environment to learn and grow in your career with a market leader with ambitious growth plans.
- Opportunities to learn about and work in different areas of content creation and management and become a well-rounded digital media content professional.
- Dynamic and supportive work culture.
- A passionate team of people working tirelessly to help women across South East Asia and beyond.