- Building customer products that operate at a scale
- Working on a back-end system using Python and Java
- Working on MySQL, NoSQL, Solr, Thrift, Flask, RabbitMQ, Redis, etc.
- Working on analytics and data science
- Working on server management (Google Cloud)
- Explore different functions of building a tech product/company early in your career.
- Learn to Prioritize Work and learn the ability to decide some technical decisions vs others ata very early stage of your career
- Be instilled with the value of hard work, ownership, and self-sustainability.
- Be more actively involved in the decision-making and functioning of the company.
- Understand the great importance of personal ownership and the liberty needed to pursue that ownership
- Hungry for Growth & Learning
- Willing to go all out for an accelerated career in software engineering
- Ready to experiment things never done before – Conquer uncharted waters
- Think Out-of-the-Box – Innovative and effective solutions
- Top Gun command over technologies (Mentioned above)
- You'll learn how to target efficiency rather than perfection.
- This empowerment will help you become a better leader at a very early stage of your career.
- Join the Core team – Get real insights into building a Product and Business ground up
- Enjoy the freedom, that comes with a lot of ownership
- Challenging and fun work environment
- Flexible Work Culture – We are a target driven organization. We like hard-workers, but we adore smart-workers more!
- Unlimited Vacation policy - Work hard, and take a break when you need
- Min 5 years of hands-on experience in Java Spring-boot technologies
- Experience with monolithic applications
- Experience using Redis and RabbitMQ
- Experience with RDBMS such as SQLServer and My SQL
- Strong analytical, problem solving and data analysis
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are a must
- Micro service frameworks such as Java SpringBoot
- Design and implement automated unit and integration tests
JD: Strong in Core Java, Multithreading, Data Structures
Location: Bangalore, Pune & Hyderabad
The person should have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any engineering, scientific, quantitative field and should have a soundtrack record in software design and development.
He should have 4 to 8 years of relevant experience.
He should be sound in Java.
He should have strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, collections, multithreading, algorithms, distributed development, OOPs concepts).
Experience of working in a technology team within a financial organization is preferable.
He should be a proactive individual with experience working in a fast-paced environment and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The knowledge of Market Risk and/or pricing and Risk systems is desirable.
He should be able to manage multiple tasks in a demanding and changing environment.
Past experience of working in a globally distributed team would be beneficial
Excellent Project Management Skills - Effort estimation, scoping, prioritisation and timely delivery
Runs daily stand-up, sprint review, iteration planning and retrospective
Analyze the product requirements specs & designs, convert them to tech specs, write user stories, workflows & test criteria
Ensure the completeness and accuracy of every feature developed with demos & verification from developers/QA and acceptance demo with Product Management
Keep all stakeholders informed pro-actively on the progress, blockers, changes & issues
Work with the teams to resolve people problems, dependencies, project roadblocks, and conflicts
Implement and support software principles, rules and processes
Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams, act as the primary technical contact, Take end to end ownership on mission critical projects
Do the code reviews, quality checks, test effort planning, performance testing, UI & UX and code merges and deployments
Build high energy, high performance and super productive teams, Proactively plan resource hiring, and the need for training and talent development
BE/B.Tech/MCA preferably with Computer Science
A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in developing and delivering products and using Agile sprints
Managing the overall Product releases from initial requirements till the final deliver
Deep understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development, expertise in agile methodologies and frameworks
Self-starter, proactive & a skilled decision maker in doing what is right
Works independently & great at team collaboration
Team Leader - Knack for influencing without being authoritative
Possess Technical Breadth and effectively mentor tech team
Must have very good recommendations from peers and managers in past companies
Experience with Coding, Architecting & Developing, UX, Designs & Quality Assurance
Experience with Cloud Deployments on AWS etc
Role & Responsibilities:
- Handle multiple products/modules simultaneously, lead the team in development and support
- Lead development teams
- Daily updates to customers and Product Managers/Delivery Managers
- Participate in design discussions
- Design and Architect small modules
- Effort estimations for modules, subsystems or use cases.
- Learn new skills and mentor the new team members
- Champion best practices within the team, including code reviews
Work Experience & Skills:
- B.E/B.Tech or any relevant Masters degree from reputed college.
- Strong 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring IOC, Spring Annotations, Spring JDBC, Jquery, Java script, HTML 5 and CSS
- Strong experience in Postgres or any SQL technology
- Experience with working on Tomcat, Apache, JBoss or any similar application server
- Should have 3+ years of experience in leading team.
- Good experience in JSON / RESTful API / Web Services.
- Experience in working on Agile methodology using Scrum and sprints
- Experience in using build tools, Maven, GIT, Bugzilla or similar tools.
- Experience in cloud technologies, Microservices and frameworks such as AWS or GPC, container technologies like Docker is a plus.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired
- Experience in Microservices, SpringBoot and Angular is a plus.
- Experience with tuning deployed applications for scalability and performance.
- Good knowledge of deployment and scripting on Linux/Unix servers
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
Software Development Engineer (III) @ REBEL FOODS
We are surrounded by the world's leading consumer companies led by technology - Amazon for retail, Airbnb for hospitality, Uber for mobility, Netflix and Spotify for entertainment, etc. Food & Beverage is the only consumer sector where large players are still traditional restaurant companies. At Rebel Foods, we are challenging this status quo as we are building the world's most valuable restaurant company on the internet, superfast. The opportunity for us is immense due to the exponential growth in the food delivery business worldwide which has helped us build 'The World's Largest Internet Restaurant Company' in the last few years. Rebel Foods current presence in 7 countries (India, Indonesia, UAE, UK, Malaysia, Singapore, Bangladesh) with 15 + brands and 3500+ internet restaurants has been built on a simple system - The Rebel Operating Model. While for us it is still Day 1, we know we are in the middle of a revolution towards creating never seen before customer-first experiences. We bring you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to disrupt the 500-year-old industry with technology at its core.
We urge you to refer to the below to understand how we are changing the restaurant industry before applying at Rebel Foods.
An opportunity to revolutionize the restaurant industry
Here, at Rebel Foods, we are using technology and automation to disrupt the traditional food industry. We are focused on building an operating system for Cloud Kitchens - using the most innovative technologies - to provide the best food experiences for our customers.
You will enjoy working with us, if:
- You are passionate about using technology to solve customer problems
- You are a software craftsman or craftswoman who is obsessed with high quality software
- You have a flair for good design and architecture
- You are unafraid of rearchitecting or refactoring code to improve it
- You are willing to dive deep to solve complex software issues
- You are a teacher and mentor
Our technology ecosystem:
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, NodeJS, ExpressJS
- Databases: AWS Aurora, MySQL, MongoDB
- Cloud: AWS
- Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture: REST APIs, Caching, Messaging, Logging, Monitoring and Alerting
- CI/CD and DevOps
- Bitbucket, Jira
You will mostly spend time on the following:
- Leading the design and implementation of software systems
- Driving engineering initiatives across teams with a focus on quality, maintainability, availability, scalability, security, performance and stability
- Writing efficient, maintainable, scalable, high quality code
- Reviewing code and tests
- Refactoring and improving code
- Teaching and mentoring team members
We’re excited about you if you have:
- At least 4+ years of experience in software development, including experience building microservices and distributed systems
- Experience working in Cloud environments: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building secure, configurable, observable services
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in an Agile environment
- The ability to collaborate effectively within and across engineering, product and business teams
We value engineers who are:
- Crazy about customer experience
- Willing to challenge the status quo and innovate
- Obsessed with quality, performance and frugality
- Willing to take complete responsibility and ownership of results
- Team players, teachers, mentors
The Rebel Culture
We believe in empowering and growing people to perform the best at their job functions. We follow outcome-oriented, fail-fast iterative & collaborative culture to move fast in building tech solutions. Rebel is not a usual workplace. The following slides will give you a sense of our culture, how Rebel conducts itself and who will be the best fit for our company. We suggest you go through it before making up your mind.
Must have experience on Java, Spring MVC / Boot, Hibernate / MyBatis
- Must have experience on building large scale application
- Must have experience on RESTful Web-Services
- Must be good in problem solving, Data structures and Algorithms.
- Strong understanding of Web Architectures, E-commerce solutions
- Strong understanding of any MySql / Postgresql
- Strong understanding of any Redis / Memcached / Mongodb / Elasticsearch
- Hands-on experience on GCP / AWS would be an added advantage
- Hands-on experience on Kubernetes / Docker would be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of version control system like Git / Mercurial / Bitbucket
- Writes well managed and clean codes
Experience: 5+ Years
An Architect is a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to design, implement and support the delivery of core products and product components.
- Capable of working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, they will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Experienced in designing application framework solutions, performing architectural analysis, and identifying issues and provide solutions for the business problems.
- Sound functional knowledge of application architecture service architecture, code modularity, data synchronisation, customisable workflow management, partner application integration and API developer frameworks.
- Lead the design and development of new architecture and major functional upgrades for the most advanced capabilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineers, designers, and developers.
- Engage cross-organizational teams such as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support, and Operations, to ensure the success of overall software development, implementation, and deployment.
Ideal candidate should have
- 7+ years of system implementation experience
- Experience with any of the following languages like Java / Nodejs / ROR / Python
- Expertise in micro service / Data modelling / AWS / Messaging
- Expertise in building scalable & reliable systems
- Good Experience in working with technologies like AWS, Redis,
- Experience in messaging systems like SQS/RabbitMQ
- Good knowledge of caching, Databases, distributed systems.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good experience with Devops
Solid understanding of Spring and Spring Boot Framework
Experience with NoSQL DB, preferable MongoDB
Experience working with Agile Methodology and BDD Framework
Experience with Microservices Architecture