Roles & Responsibilities:
Take ownership of a product feature and build it end to end or enhance existing features.
Understand issues like slow loading, security, the response time of site, scalability, user
engagement, and write code considering these paradigms.
Contribute to the ways the platform can be made much more engaging and can reach out
to a larger audience.
Developing a new feature that is responsive and reliable on short notice.
2-8 years of professional experience in responsive Web Application development.
Working experience in React (Minimum 2+ years).
Good expertise in working with MVC architecture (Client-side).
Proficiency in the design and development of responsive Web Applications.
Strong CS fundamentals in Object-Oriented Design, Data Structures, Algorithm Design,
Problem Solving, and Complexity Analysis.
Expertise in implementing highly interactive, multi-layered Web Applications.
Expertise in JSON & working with Web Services.
Ability to work on a given product/module in its entirety.
Nice To Have:
Basic knowledge in working with databases.
Good experience in working with server-side template rendering engines.
Experience in working with Search Engine Optimized pages.
Keen to learn & ready to adopt any new technologies.
Hands-on J2EE experience.
If you have ever dreamed about being in the driver’s seat of a revolution, THIS is the place for you.
Vedantu is an Ed-Tech startup which is into Live Online Tutoring. We are a platform which aggregates
best teachers of the country and provide them with tools to deliver LIVE lectures to students anytime,
What drives us is a vision of bringing about a paradigm shift in the way people teach and learn. We
believe that education in today’s world is highly generalized with classroom teaching being done in a
“One Size Fits All” manner. We believe it is not effective and this should change. We are disrupting the
very notion of classrooms by making Quality Education Accessible. Our vision is to create a 'Knowledge
Network' where a learner and a learned can get connected with a click of a button and can learn-teach
in the most personalized way possible.
Vedantu is India’s leading online education company which specializes in LIVE interactive classes for
students across grades K1-12. It offers individual and group classes delivered by experienced Master
Teachers in a LIVE real-time, virtual learning through their patented platform. The indigenous platform
built for revolutionizing online learning captures 70+ parameters, helps drive high engagement and
interaction in a virtual class, and give students their personalized learning reports to help them
understand the knowledge gaps. Students can also access free content, take tests, and play a LIVE quiz
every day. 1Million+ students study LIVE every month on the platform and more than 25 Million users
every month from 1000+ cities and 40+ countries access free content, tests, doubts, videos on
Vedantu's platform, and its channels on YouTube. To know more about Vedantu log on to
www.vedantu.com or download the App on your Android or iOS device.
The platform WAVE: India’s first and only patented, revolutionary, interactive LIVE online learning
platform has been created after multiple years of deep research and experimentation in the field of
Live online teaching & Learning. Wave uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning) to
personalize teaching and learning for each child and is designed to make the Live class extremely
engaging and fun. At the heart of Wave platform are algorithms for which we have been granted an
extremely powerful and comprehensive IP Patent in the US for - ‘Measuring the Effectiveness of An
Interactive Online Learning System’. The biggest usp, besides its own patented platform are the quality
Master Teachers. We have 1000+ teachers who have taught more than 1 Million hours to 40,000+
students spread across 1000+ cities from 30+ countries. Founded by IITian friends Vamsi Krishna (CEO
& Co-Founder), Pulkit Jain (Co-Founder & Head of Product) and Anand Prakash (Co-Founder & Head of
Academics) have been teachers themselves with over 13 years of teaching experience, have taught
and helped over 10,000 students for a better future.
Vedantu caters to 1st grade to 12th grade and prepares for school exams, competitive examinations
and co-curricular courses as well.
Vedantu is the second venture in education by Vamsi Krishna, Anand Prakash and Pulkit Jain. Their first
venture in education, Lakshya was an offline coaching class for JEE opened in Patiala, 2006. The
successful venture was acquired by a listed company Mahesh Tutorial in 2012. As part of Lakshya the
founders taught and mentored more than 10,000 students and trained more than 200+ teachers.
Started in 2014, Vedantu was the first company to start with LIVE interactive teaching in the country.
Today, Vedantu is a market leader in K-12 online LIVE tutoring space. It offers LIVE interactive classes
to students across grades K1-12, for all major boards and top competitive exams like JEE and NEET.
Vedantu has recorded a growth of 220% during lockdown with more than 2 Mn students attending
LIVE classes and teachers delivering 8 Mn+ hours of LIVE classes. With this definitive shift in consumer
behavior from offline to online, Vedantu is investing to scale impact, expand into new categories, and
firmly establish itself as the leading brand in the online LIVE tutoring space.
During the pandemic, Vedantu entered the early learner segment with the launch of its coding
program for 6-12 years called Vedantu Super Coders. The company has plans of launching more
programs in this category.
Our Leaders :
Vamsi Krishna – CEO & Co-founder: https://www.linkedin.com/in/profilevamsikrishna/
Pulkit Jain – Co-founder & Head of Products: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jainpulkit/
Ranjan Sakalley – Head of Technology & Engineering: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rnjns/
Krishna Mohan Gadi – VP-Products: https://www.linkedin.com/in/krishna-mohan-gadi-416b156/
We are a Series-D funded start-up with a total funding of $ 200 million from Coatue( invested
Swiggy) global VCs like Accel Partners, Tiger Global and GGV Capital.
Know more about Vedantu:
Recent Interview by Vamsi: https://yourstory.com/video/money-matters-build-grow-vedantu-journey-
TedX talk by Vamsi:
Everyone is a teacher! | Vamsi Krishna | TEDxWalledCity
Articles for reference:
Awards and Recognition:
Vedantu: CNBC Young Turks 2016
TedX Delhi Speaker on Education
Vedantu: KINSES (Kaisen & Insead & NYU Stern Education Symposium)) 2016 EduAwards
Vedantu: DNA & Stars 8th Innovative Education Awards on “Best Organization to Develop
Technology For Education”
Vedantu: 5th ELETS World Education Summit award 2015
Vedantu: 'Best Education Startup' by Indian Startup Entrepreneurship & Disruptive Innovation
Vedantu: Sutra HR: Featured as one of the Top 100 Startups to Watch in 2016
Lakshya: TATA-NEN Hottest startup award in 2010
Lakshya: FYSE Top 100 startups in South East Asia
Join in - let’s together solve some real Challenges
The real challenge lies in making something groundbreaking. To take on the status-quo and defeat it. To
follow what is already been done, where’s the fun in that? We are on to some big challenges which are
just waiting to get solved. Also, because we are not an extensively big team, you will be owning more
than just a position, you will be owning huge ideas and features from the very start.
We put the willingness and passion to learn & build above anything else and if you think you
have got it in you, don't let these skill requirements deter you from applying.
Subodh PopalwarSoftware Engineer, Memorres
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Experience in GraphQL
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial)
- 2.5+ years of experience in React JS and Redux
- Expert in React.j, ideally using TypeScript language extensions
- Good experience writing front-end test cases
- HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive web design are mandatory
- Exposure to Scrum methodology and XP technical practices such as unit testing, pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration or continuous delivery
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humour
- Should have experience with Payment(US) Integrations
- Should have experience with Ecommerce/ERP Connectors
We are looking for a skilled react.js developer to join our front-end development team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React.js concepts and workflows such as Redux, Flux, and Webpack. You will also be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebase.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a react.js developer.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Knowledge of performance testing frameworks including Mocha and Jest.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good project management skills.
Senior Full Stack Engineer
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software development building web applications
- Demonstrated technical capability developing applications using Node JS, Express/NestJS/SailsJS, and any industry-standard RDBMS
- CSS frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation HTML5, CSS3 and tools like Gulp/Webpack
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex problem solving and ability to push the innovation on solutions
- Ability to work both independently and in various team settings
If a misaligned shadow bothers you, we already like you 😆
- Master's / Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Self taught developer.
- Understanding of product design, user experience and skills to recreate and match high quality pixel perfect designs and can go above and beyond in detailing.
- Has ability to build a ground up resoluble components and in-house UI system that can scale across the product.
A collaborative role with Individual ownership ✅
- Ownership of developing UI related features. Work with with the rest of the engineering team to develop, launch or maintain features.
- Take ownership of design <> dev collaboration and participate in the education of both sides.
- Work closely with design team and become a bridge between engineering and design.
- Maintain code integrity.
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- You will be a rockstar front end engineer bringing to life designs and solutions created in collaboration with designers and product managers. You will be responsible for converting the requirements to fast, optimised, usable interfaces, loved by our users.
- You will be the main source of knowledge on everything “front end” related and guide the team to make correct technical decisions to ensure the speed and scale of the solutions deployed.
- Collaborate daily with back-end developers and web designers to improve the usability
- You will be a key person in ensuring that agile processes created by the team are adhered to and you actively contribute to the improvement of these processes. You will be responsible for estimating your tasks and ensuring that promised timelines are met.
- You will be responsible for the performance, security, scalability, reusability and quality of the applications under you. You will collaborate with senior engineering managers/architects to refine & improve your solutions. You will cascade the same culture across the team by supporting and mentoring team members, helping build truly scalable applications
- You will need to collaborate closely with product managers, designers and business stakeholders to achieve predictable results at a rapid pace.
- You will be able to handle competing priorities and chart the best course of action for yourself and your team members ensuring blockers are removed
- You will help in attracting and evaluating tech talent to help build the engineering brand of the organization.
Desired background & skills
- 3-9 years of experience as an engineer at top tier digital product companies across consumer or SMB.
- 3+ years of experience in working on front end JS frameworks like React/Angular/Vue
- Experience of design collaboration tools such as Zeplin, Figma, XD, Invision.
- Bonus if either you’re a full stack developer with knowledge of the back end or have experience with cross-platform mobile technologies such as React Native or Flutter.
- You have strong problem-solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- Passion to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment. conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems.
- You get a kick out of people using and loving your produced outcome.
• Ownership and delivering of complete front-end application.
• Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop.
• Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer, the HTML coder, and yourself.
• Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API.
• Communicating with external web services.
• Building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets.
• Creating custom, general use modules, and components which extend the elements and modules of core AngularJS.
• Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions.
• Writing extensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks.
• Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts.
• Maintaining and deploying the frontend application.
• 3+ years of professional experience building and shipping code in professional consumer/B2B products.
• Deep knowledge of *AngularJS* practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
• Knowledge of CSS/CSS3 and its pre-processors like SASS/LESS, CSS-Modules .
• Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
• Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system.
• Obsessively clean and organized code.
• Experience, and comfort, working with designers to implement their work, animations, transitions, and anything else they can dream up.
• Professional, precise communication skills.
• Self-starter and a team player