Managing all direct & indirect tax processes & compliance, books of accounts, scrutiny of books of accounts and Finalization of Book of Accounts.
Preparing MIS Reports, Stock Statement, Cash flow and various other
Provide assistance to external auditors in statutory audits.
Producing financial reports and discussing with Management on the Future Business
Plans, develop best available strategies and implement
About softnice india pvt ltd
About The Role
Financial Controller will be responsible to consolidate, track, report and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) considering goals and financial standing for a strategic business. The role oversees corporate finance & business finance disciplines within the company.
As a Financial Controller, you would be assisting Finance Advisory towards Business growth, Financial health, and complete accounting.
A More Detailed Responsibility Matrix Comprises Of
● Overall responsibility for the AP, AR, regulatory compliance, payments business accounting, IT process controls etc.
● Setting up or revamping ERP / systems for accounting function.
● Finalize Trial balance and P & L, balance sheet, cash flow for monthly reporting & Statutory audit
● Budgeting & forecasting: Lead the regular forecasting processes (rolling forecast, weekly forecasts, FQs, budget etc). Review forecasts, key drivers, risks & opportunities etc. Support preparation of divisional reporting packs. Ensure accurate and insightful management reporting to BU leads and Management team.
● Commercial business partner support: Lead the team to ensure divisional and local management team have accurate data and KPI reporting for performance reviews. Finance lead for market bids, including financials preparation, review financial risks & opportunities (including in T&Cs), benchmark and challenge costs/margins. Work with Managing director, Sales and commercial team to prepare financial forecasts &
● Continuous improvement: Identify areas for improvement in financial analysis, forecasting and commercial
support, drive improvements in efficiency and quality of business support. Identify opportunities to streamline, automate or digitize reporting, and reduce manual work.
● Responsible for Bookkeeping, Cash flow management, and MIS reporting
● Managing all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost accounting & Revenue recognition.
● Responsible for the timely and accurate financial close process ensuring that all required reconciliations
and analysis are concluded comprehensively during the close process.
● Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
● Review all financial plans and budgets regularly and identify variances with reported financial performance.
● Own and manage health insurance, payroll, HR, PF, and related enrolments for new hires in the India entity.
● Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
● Analysis of the financial results and identifying opportunities for strategic cost management.
● Lead the direct and indirect taxes compliance for the entire company including deduction of TDS, filing of returns, GST etc.
● Setup controls monitoring program for payment business transactions.
● Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies.
● Develop and implement SOPs for various business processes after aligning with the stakeholders and ensure compliance.
● Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
● Support month-end and year-end close processes.
● Supervise and manage financial department staff including accountants, bookkeepers, and financial assistants
● Collaborate with HR to define roles and performance monitoring frameworks. Regularly review the performance of team members in line with performance monitoring frameworks.
You Can Be a Great Fit If You Are
● Passionate about creating things from Scratch and experience of working with early-stage start-ups with
strong communication skills
● Must be a CA and have 5+ years of experience of working MNC, Big 4 or early start up’s
● 5+ years of accounting and finance experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
● Full understanding of regulatory reporting and compliance in India GAAP.
● Strong knowledge of Excel, ERP, Quickbook and business reporting tool for accounting, data modelling,
financial analysis, and visualization
● Ability to handle pressure at work and meet tight deadlines.
● Ability to make effective, timely decisions in a complex, global market by sourcing and analysing critical
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
Proposed Job Description
- Work directly with internal stakeholders regarding sales and use tax and VAT/GST matters
- Prepare sales and use tax monthly reconciliation
- Prepare working papers for annual property tax returns
- Assist with reviewing state income tax returns
- Manage multiple administrative filings like business license renewal and FBAR etc.
- Support the monthly close and ensure that it is completed correctly and timely
- Work with the Tax Manager on direct and indirect tax audits include working with the tax authorities and providing response for notices
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
- Accounting or Finance degree
- At least 5 years of corporate income tax experience with working knowledge of indirect tax
- Must be a problem solver, adaptable, a team player, detail oriented, and an excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work well in dynamic environment while consistently exercising good judgment
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently, with minimal supervision
- Possess positive attitude
- Expert proficiency with Excel
- Experience in ASC 740/FAS 109
- Big 4 or multinational company experience preferred
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
What you will do:
- Maintaining day to day books of Accounts and General Ledger Accounting
- Maintaining Bank Reconciliation Statements and Reconciliation of all Debtors & Creditors.
- Managing Payment of TDS & Filing of E-TDS Returns Quarterly, Payment & Filing of any other Statutory Payments (PF, Profession Tax etc.)
- Maintaining cash transactions & petty cash book, day to day cash & bank transactions, online payments (Staff Salary & other expenses)
- Managing vendor accounts, preparation of cheques, online payments
- Handling Debtors collection & follow-up
- Ensuring Finalization of Balance-sheet & P&L Account
What you need to have:
- Must have 2 plus years of experience in Accounts.
- Tool/ Software - Zoho books
- BCom/ MCom/ CA inter can apply
- Should have good written and spoken English.
- Motivated, self-starter individual with high level of integrity, intensity and activity with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to understand work priority and execute them accordingly
- Disciplined process oriented work style with good knowledge of GST, Invoicing and other Indian Accounting standards
- Ensure that accounting books (Zoho Books) are closed on day-to-day basis and entries are made on tally and Zoho books.
- Ensure that journal entries required to be passed are entered on day-to-day basis on company accounting software (Zoho books).
- Ensure that adjustment entries and reclassification are properly passed in accounting software.
- Ensure that reconciliation of general ledger and sub ledger are done accurately.
- Ensure reconciliation of intercompany counter parties.
- Complies and analyzes financial information – Complies and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts – includes inventory adjustments, standard cost adjustments, job cost adjustments, and other cost accounting-related areas.
- Reconcile general ledger activity reports, researching and correcting any errors or omissions.
- Review systems of recording transactions and input information into a general ledger – Review systems of recording transactions and input information into general ledger including monthly sales and manufacturing cost reconciliations within sub-ledgers; the documentation of Inventory system- including the flow of information from customer order to production and inventory.
- Take charge of ensuring full and prompt payment to utility companies and company vendors. They handle invoices, cut checks, and handle relationships with creditors.
- Check for the approvals of the HOD of the respective department for making any payment to vendors.
- Oversee the company's finances, providing leadership and coordination in financial reporting, treasury management accounting, and compliance
- Be a key part of the senior team, working closely with the CEO and senior leadership
- Take responsibility for funding documentation, diligence, and related financial coordination
- Strike alliances with leading banking and financial institutions for financial operations, marketplace operations, and the like
- Work in an entrepreneurial environment (i.e. open office, no separate cubicles, flat travel policies with economy class travel and no five-star stays, a hands-on, do-it-yourself culture, etc) and display a similar entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Entrepreneurial at heart and likes to take ownership
- Excellent analytical skills, motivated, hardworking and self-driven leader
- Should have experience in building and scaling finance teams from scratch
- The leader is expected to be a team player with experience in managing people and projects, a self-starter with a proactive attitude
- The ability to interact with stakeholders internal and external is essential
Specific Prior Experience In
- Financial reporting & statutory compliance:
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly financial and management information reports including budget vs actual
- Responsible for accounting and financial systems, 100% statutory compliance and timely, adequate controls, and accurate bookkeeping
- Ensure legal and licensing compliance with periodic scanning of business models
- Taxation and audits:
- Develop appropriate processes to reduce the tax burden. Monitor compliance with statutory authorities for taxation
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure timely and smooth closure of financials. Smoothly complete statutory and internal audits
Customers can choose from a variety of food kits that allows them to pick ingredients of their choice. With the belief that good food never fails in bringing people together, the startup has made the whole experience of eating a common meal interactive by applying the DIY concept.
What you will do:
- Preparing accounts and tax returns of the company
- Reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Issuing invoices for all the payments which are due to the company, tracking the cash inflow and also reporting any late transactions
- Settling the payment transactions due to be paid to third-parties, managing the same and thus issuing stop-payment instructions accordingly
- Preparing and maintaining financial records and statements of the company including, but not limited to, P&L, book-keeping and general entries
- Posting and managing all journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Ensuring timely closure of monthly, quarterly and annual accounts
- Ensuring timely compliance of GST of various transactions
- Generation of various financial statements concerning the liabilities and assets of the business, using Tally
- Auditing financial performance and accordingly advising on how to reduce costs and increase profits
- Forecasting the financial status of the company and also analyzing the risk factors involved
Desired Candidate Profile
What you need to have:
- Relevant work experience as an Accountant
- Graduation is a must. Female candidates preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work 6 days a week
- Good knowledge and work experience in Tally
- Excellent in time management and critical thinking
- Candidate who can multitask and with an eye for detail
Our client is a unique hygiene products manufacturing and distribution company. They provide easy to use, portable and disposable items for women and babies that are required during travel or on a day-to-day basis.
Founded in 2014, this company aims to enhance the quality of life and make it easier for women across the country. Recommended by best of doctors, their products are available across wellness stores and e-commerce websites, and selling like hotcakes - having sold over 20000 packs in their first year itself.
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and producing financial reports or statements
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department including:
- month and end-year process
- accounts payable/ receivable
- cash receipts
- general ledger
- payroll and utilities
- treasury, budgeting
- cash forecasting
- revenue and expenditure variance analysis
- capital assets reconciliations
- trust account statement reconciliations,
- check runs
- fixed asset activity
- debt activity
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinating and completing annual audits
- Providing recommendations
- Improving systems and procedures and initiating corrective actions
- Assigning projects and directing staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
- Meeting financial accounting objectives
- Establishing and maintaining fiscal files and records to document transactions
What you need to have:
- Must have working experience on tally ERP.
- Having good knowledge of GST TDS is a must
- Should be able to create and maintain Balance sheet and P&L Accounts
- Must be able to join immediately
- M. Com with 4 / 5 years of experience,
- CA Inter with 3 to 5 years of experience,
- preferably in MIS reporting, Monthly closing of Books of Account, preparation of P&L, Balance Sheet, Schedules, etc.
- Working knowledge in SAP preferable
- Managing and supervising senior and junior accountants' and colleagues' work, and to ensure that deadlines for clients are met at all times.
- Preparing financial statements like Trial Balance, Profit and Loss account and Balance sheet for all the clients in Tally and Excel.
- Preparation of accounting filings and qualification documents for licenses and compliances.
- Computation of and payment/filing of returns for Advance Tax, TDS, Professional Tax and GST
- Maintaining accounting ledgers and bank account reconciliations in Tally.
- Preparating cash flow / customised MIS for clients
- Handling cash-related transactions and structuring of transactions.
- Preparing reports & statements, providing necessary documents while Scrutiny / Assessment of Income Tax, Sales Tax, Service Tax etc.
- Finalizing of accounts and making necessary payments for statutory and applicable taxes.
- Preparing provisional balance sheet & P&L a/c for a period of three / five years to generate the estimated/ expected revenue earning or the financial position ahead for companies applying for Project finance and startup investments also.
- Ensuring that all the client data is updated on timely basis
- Coordinating with clients and solving their queries
- Tracking client deadlines and making sure that they are always met
- Supervising senior & junior staff and colleagues to ensure deadlines are always met
- Researching answers to questions when you are not clear about the correct answer and drafting responses
- Giving proper updates to clients and following up with them
- Filing for incorporation of new business structures like private limited company, OPC, LLP, partnership firm, etc.
- Preparing agreements and documents related to the company formation or amendment in company details.
- Passing of Board Resolutions for any changes in the company directors/ Shareholders
- Carrying out the procedure of share transfer / issue of shares etc
- Preparing TDS working sheet as per TDS chart rates
- Making online payment through internet banking
- Filing TDS returns including reconciliation via TRACES, issuing certificates and coordinating the same with other companies and individuals.
- Preparing the GST working on monthly basis after calculation for GST receivable and payable from different type of customers / Vendors thoroughly and filing of returns through portal on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Calculating monthly Professional Tax as per eligibility.
- Checking and verifying all vouchers of purchase, sales, receipts, payment and Journal entries for Internal audit till finalization and submission of relevant taxes.
What you need to have:
- 5 - 6 years of experience post CA qualification.
- Highly knowledgeable in accounting and taxation practices.
- Knowledge of all GST rates applicable for all types of services and products.
- Experience in International indirect tax filings.
- Working of TDS on salary of employees
- E-payment of PTRC & PTEC & PTRC yearly professional tax returns with sales tax site (Form IIIB).
- Experience with tax planning for individual, corporate, and partnership tax returns.
- Must have excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Organized, dedicated and self-driven
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to delegate and supervise junior staff
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Should be able to prioritize and make decisions
- Professional and trustworthy
- Considerate and cooperative to clients as well as team members
- TOOLS - Tally, ERP Package, GSuite
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable with -
- P&L preparation
- MIS Reporting
- GST and Taxation
- Income Tax
- Vendor Management
- Journal Entries
- Should be comfortable with Tally ERP and Advanced Excel
- B Com or M Com with a specialisation in Accounting