Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
What We Do and How?
We are a market research company, revolutionizing how it's done! We mix fast paced development and unique approaches to bring best practices and strategy to our technology. Our tech stack is deep, leveraging several languages and frameworks including Python, C#, Java, Kotlin, React, Angular, and Django among others. Our engineering hurdles sit at the intersection of technologies ranging from mobile, computer vision and crowdsourcing, to machine learning and big data analytics.
From San Francisco to Chicago to Ottawa, our R&D team is comprised of talented individuals spanning across a robust tech stack. The R&D team is comprised of product, data analytics, engineers across Front End, Back End, DevOps, Business Intelligence, ETL, Data Science, Mobile Apps, and much more. Across these different groups we work towards one common goal: To build products into efficient and seamless user experiences that help our clients succeed.
About the Role
We’re looking for a well-rounded and passionate Full Stack Software Developer to join our team in creating an amazing client experience. If you’re interested in working on all layers of a system from developing new UI controls to creating flexible and scalable data architectures with the latest technologies and tools then Numerator is for you.
This person should be self-motivated. We’re not big on constant oversight and micromanagement. We’re looking for software engineers that can take a task, get clarity as needed, and run with it to produce well-designed quality code. You need to love to code and care about quality and design.
We understand that iteration is important to good design and development. We need a person who can take iterative steps toward delivering a solution. Working with the business the entire way to stay on target and deliver amazing results.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience in Ruby
- Demonstrated experience working on application development projects and test-driven development
- A strong engineer with excellent Ruby experience working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SQL databases – Elasticsearch is a plus
- Experience with REST services and API design
- Knowledge of unit & integration testing
- Knowledge of agile development process
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion etc.)
Having experience in any of the following would be a valuable asset:
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with Node.js
- Basic understanding of the HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of business rules engines
- Programming experience on Unix based infrastructure
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Numerator backed by Vista Equity Partners is a Data-Tech company reinventing Market Research. Headquartered in Chicago, USA, Numerator has more than 1,600 employees worldwide. We blend proprietary data with advanced technology and elite services to create unique insights in a market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
About the Role-
Thinking big and executing beyond what is expected. The challenges cut across algorithmic problem solving, systems engineering, machine learning and infrastructure at a massive scale.
Reason to Join-
An opportunity for innovators, problem solvers & learners. Working will be Innovative, empowering, rewarding & fun. Amazing Office, competitive pay along with excellent benefits package.
Requiremets and Responsibilities- (please read carefully before applying)
- The overall experience of 3-6 years in Java/Python Framework and Machine Learning.
- Develop Web Services, REST, XSD, XML technologies, Java, Python, AWS, API.
- Experience on Elastic Search or SOLR or Lucene -Search Engine, Text Mining, Indexing.
- Experience in highly scalable tools like Kafka, Spark, Aerospike, etc.
- Hands on experience in Design, Architecture, Implementation, Performance & Scalability, and Distributed Systems.
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems.
- Troubleshoot Solr indexing process and querying engine.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science from Tier 1 Institutions
3.OOPS Concepts in PHP
4.Advanced custom and Security Plugins
5.Good Problem Solving skills.
6. Ability to create/tweak existing plugins
7. Ability to create multiple dashboards apart from admin dashboard
8.Good Knowledge in DB - MySQL/PostGreSQL
9.Ability to debug Frontend applications
Good to have Understanding of:
2.HTML, CSS, JS, Github tools, AWS, Basics of React JS.,Github link
3. Ability to create API over existing plugin data
A tick against the following skill sets would surely strengthen the candidature
- Strong PHP, JS fundamentals
- PHP frameworks: PHP Laravel
- JS frameworks: Vue.JS
- RDBMS: MySQL, Mongo DB
● Leads a project end-to-end and collaborates across functions. Drives planning,
estimation and execution.
● Understands requirements well and comes up with efficient design
● Develops complex, well backed and bug-free products. Estimates accurately.
● Takes well-reasoned tech decisions keeping in mind goals and trade-offs
● Becomes a go-to person in more than one area. Provide technical mentoring to team
● Communicates clearly, gets clarifications and establishes expectations for all parties
● Helps establish SDLC best practices and high standards of code quality
● Demonstrates excellent problem solving & debugging skills
● Proactively identifies and resolves issues in requirements, design and code
● Contributes in tech recruitment efforts
Ideal Candidate Profile
● Solid experience in RoR, Golang, NodeJS or Python. Good to have exposure to ML.
● Should have experience in cloud computing
● Has an ability to quickly learn and contribute in multiple codebase
● Overcomes roadblocks and requires minimal oversight
● Takes initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her
● Able to deep dive into codebase and advise QA of possible regression impact
● Communicates tech decisions through design docs and tech talks
● Has delivered projects with end-to-end accountability
● Keeps track of industry trends and introduces right tech/tools for a given job
● Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data
● 8+ years of experience in product driven organization
● A Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering from a reputed institute (preferably
IITs, NITs, or other top engineering institutes)
- Your primary responsibility as a senior backend engineer will be to architect and develop a scalable and robust micro-services backend with strong Java, Spring(Boot), SQL, AWS/GCP.
- Experience being part of a software development team in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Be a key performer in a high-performance product engineering team
- 2 to 4 years of overall IT experience. Most of this experience in Java (Core Java, Spring boot, Java collections, Java Multithreading)
- Should have experience designing database schemas - SQL and NoSQL.
- Exposure to frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Play would be a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of any public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries
- Knowledge of container tech like Docker, Kubernetes would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
• Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in Ruby on Rails
• Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle
• Design, build and own key technology decisions and implementations
• Be an evangelist for Rails and software engineering best practices
• Continually look for opportunities to improve our platform, process, and business
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies
• Work in an agile environment with quick iterations
What we are looking for?
• 2+ years of overall web development experience
• 2+ years experience in developing scalable and robust web applications using Ruby on Rails
• Experience with collaborative code development in small agile teams and managing releases (Git, Continuous Integration, Capistrano)
• Highly proficient in the data structure, algorithms, design patterns, and databases
• Ability to collaborate with other developers and handle the entire software development cycle
• Passion to write beautiful and scalable code
• A disciplined approach to development, documentation, and code structure
• Experience building internal and external APIs and RESTful web services
• Experience in delivering products and services in a high growth, startup environment
- 5-10 years of experience in building API services using NodeJS Express and related frameworks
- Expert level understanding of NodeJS asynchronous runtime
- Experience with Postgres, NoSQL, Redis, and Firebase real-time database
- Experience with AWS services like Elastic Beanstalk, Cloudfront, S3, EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, etc
- Understanding of patterns and techniques for building scalable back-end infrastructure including caching, rate limiting, authentication, and authorization schemes.
- Experience in building highly scalable and high throughput services with millisecond response times
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and pick up new technology along with patience to mentor
Bonus skills –
- Experience with Elastic Search, Puppeteer
- Experience writing unit test
A Fintech start up company that bridges the gap between the digital payments
and the micro-retailing industry of the market. A nexus for the B2B sector providing multi-utility services via an Android app, enabling the micro-retailers across India to revolutionize their business and thus providing them with an opportunity to generate more revenue by offering multiple micropayment and digital services at their offline store. We intend to leverage the mode of smartphone technology in the rural and urban markets across India, thus empowering micro-retailers and creating a sustainable self-employment for this segment.
1. Tech Depth/Breadth/Problem Solving.
2. Design & Architecture (Code/Design review).
3. Team Management.
- Managing & mentoring a team.
- Ability to deliver projects/sprints on time.
- Obsessed with quality: Design reviews, code reviews, testing (system/performance).
- Spending at least 50% time with hands-on coding while doing the above Programming.
- Hands-on with Python/Django/Flask.
- Knowledge of PHP & Laravel is a plus.
- Prior experience in micro-services based architecture.
- Good understanding of SQL (MySQL, Postgres, or similar).
- Good understanding of one no-SQL (MongoDB / DynamoDB etc).
- Comfortable producing and refactoring code without assistance.
- Can reason about the complexity of algorithms (time and space).
- Basic CI/CD and DevOps.
- Experience in Docker & Kubernetes.
- Design, QA, and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of design patterns and cloud scaling.
- AWS & GCP experience. AWS is mandatory.
- Understands BDD/TDD/Performance/Security/Smoke testing/Unit Testing
- Understands REST principles and Microservices
- Understands version control & branching strategies
- Understands application security fundamentals and potential security risks
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science|