- Design & build a highly scalable, robust backend architecture for our cloud services
- You will be part of a software development team for developing and enhancing SaaS applications.
- Take responsibility of entire module/feature set and develop, test, debug and maintain the application software throughout the product lifecycle
- Working with the Product Management Team to validate and plan new features
- Working with cross-functional teams to deliver stellar end user experience
- Research new technologies and tools that help in building the next generation of our services
- Test, debug and maintain the application software throughout the product lifecycle
Desired Candidate Profile
- Must have experience with web development in Java 8+, Spring/J2EE or similar frameworks and technologies. (Mandatory)
- Must have worked on REST API (Mandatory)
- Should be an enthusiast for writing clean, reusable code, willing to learn new things as a self-starter person
- 2+ years of strong relevant experience in developing Object-oriented technologies.
- Strong working experience with any of the following DBs - Postgres / MySQL / Oracle or MSSQL
Job description for Backend Developer:
• Hands-on experience in Springboot and good knowledge of MySQL, MongoDB
• Hands-on experience in building RESTful based APIs
• Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
• Write effective APIs
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability•
• Implementation of security and data protection
Skills And Qualifications
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance (Depending on a specific project)
• User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
• Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
• Data migration, transformation, and scripting
• Outputting data in different formats
• Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language (Java 8 and above and Spring Boot)
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
• Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
*) Any degree from a reputed university
*) Proven software development experience and Java/J2EE skills development.
Rupiﬁ is a B2B payments solution that allows marketplaces to extend risk-free payment & credit terms to their SME retailers. By making it easier to get paid, we help manufacturers, online/offline marketplaces, distributors, and wholesalers increase sales, while enabling SME retailers better manage their cash flow & purchase inventory. These merchants use Rupiﬁ in all their sales channels, including ecommerce checkouts.
Rupiﬁ is integrated into 20+ Indian B2B marketplaces today, including some of the largest ones. Rupiﬁ is backed by top ﬁntech investors - Quona Capital, Ankur Capital, Binny Bansal (Flipkart), Gokul Rajaram (Google Ads, Facebook Ads).
Over the next ﬁve years B2B payments present us an opportunity that is almost without parallel in the past three decades. We are looking for engineering leads who are passionate about building a world class B2B payments & credit platform.
Rupiﬁ is seeking an exceptional Lead Backend Developer to join the early team and help modernize the B2B payments industry.
As we’re an early-stage startup, you’ll have the opportunity to set the trajectory of our products and help us build world-class user experiences across all of Rupiﬁ’s retailer and
marketplace-facing products from our Checkout, Dashboards, Documentation, and Website. You will be a key contributor to the architecture, design and development of our payments and credit platform, and ensure that it allows us to scale with the team as we introduce new products alongside our Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) product.
You will be leading a team responsible for mission-critical infrastructure efforts that allow our business, and product to scale. You have a deep software development background and will join our core tech team to develop our most business-critical technology. It is a plus if you have experience in building ﬁnancial systems. You care deeply about your team, invest in their personal growth, and support them in maximizing their impact on the business.
You'll contribute high-quality architecture, design & code to Rupiﬁ’s suite of products.
What you’ll do
- You will lead the development of products for our merchant partners, customers, and/or our ﬁnance, risk, and operations teams
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and other functional teams to iterate and enhance our product offerings
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture
- Be an integral part of the development team, participating in solution design/review and code reviews
- Gatekeeper for quality and reliability. Set a high benchmark of excellence for Lead technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality
- Estimate project work effort and delivery, and create project roadmaps
- Total 5+ years of experience
- Experience with data modeling and SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Good experience in working with any of Java/SpringBoot, GoLang or NodeJS
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Passionate about the experience of software engineering as much as the output
- A strong sense of ownership
- Ability to communicate your ideas and approach to solving problems with clarity
- Experience in ﬁntech or ﬁnancial services
- Experience in startups
Software Engineer – Tech Lead
- You are your own master. We don't preach you, we just allow you to Innovate, Iterate, Learn and Adapt
- Work with one of India's leading fintech unicorn company
- ESOPs in the company
- 6+ yrs of exposure in the art of writing code and solving problems on large scale.
- Should be language agnostic, with extensive and expert programming experience in any one programming language (strong OO skills preferred).
- Deep experience in at least one general programming language. Preferred (Java,Scala, C++)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures,
algorithms, and software design.
- Worked end to end on 2-3 complex projects
- Worked in startup like environment with high levels of ownership and commitment
- Experience in building highly scalable business applications, which involve implementing
large complex business flows and dealing with huge amount of data.
- Extensive experience on working with distributed technologies like Kafka, MongoDb,
Redis/Aerospike, MySQL, AWS etc
- Experience with multi-threading and concurrency programming
- Ability to switch between the technologies and learn new skills on the go.
Roles and responsibilities
Drive discussions to create/improve the product, process and technology
- Build abstractions and contracts with separation of concerns for a larger scope
- Rapid prototyping
- Robust and scalable web-based applications
- Do high-level design with guidance; Functional modelling, break-down of a module
- Thinking platforms & reuse, the open-source contribution will be a plus
- Do incremental changes to architecture: impact analysis of the same
- Do performance tuning and improvements in large scale distributed systems
- Mentor young minds and foster team spirit
- Expert understanding of core programming concepts in common programming languages, with Java the key language of choice.
- Experience with any version control tool is required. GIT would be preferable.
- Understanding of software testing techniques and tools.
- Expert understanding of technical architectural principles.
- SQL and N0-SQL knowledge a must across various DB solutions.
- Strong knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, with experience of leading sprint teams.
- Exposure to more modern techniques using containers to host application services useful
Technical Skills – Required:
Java11, Spring, Hibernate, Messaging (ideally RabbitMQ), Git, Maven, Continuous integration(TeamCity), Agile Scrum, JSON, WebServices; Intellij
AngularJS, Karma, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Mongo, Kafka,
Business Analysis Experience:
- Gather business requirements, business process flows in designing and preparing new systems/solutions.
- Ensure requirements have NFR’s and take into account the technical constraints of the platform
- Ensure proper documentation created as appropriate
- Contribute to the creation of a clear vision for end product/system
- Function as an interface between business/function user groups and IT.
- Perform analysis on business problems and requirements to determine source and develop options/alternatives. Makes and implements recommendations as well as alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal (any additional languages are a bonus but not a necessity)
- Break down requirements into epics and user stories and work closely with stakeholders (mainly with product owner) to define acceptance criteria
- Work with development teams to understand the requirements and tasks required to deliver them
- Own communication with senior business users and stakeholders
- Assist with quality assurance testing
- Collect client feedback from User Acceptance Testing and document issues for the development team
- Coordinate and manage requirements capture, and review workshops with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain feature documentation
- Design & implement backend APIs
- Mentor junior developers technically.
- Actively work to reduce tech debt in the backend
- Work towards more stability & scalability of the backend
- Tech stack - Java, AWS etc.
- 2-8 years of product company experience
- Advanced understanding of AWS stack
- Prior knowledge of solving problems at scale.
Our ideal candidate for this role is an entrepreneurial and creative out-of-the-box thinking tech geek with a get-things-done attitude, who wants to thrive in a fast-paced international environment.
Desired Candidate Profile :
• Expertise in PHP and Laravel or CodeIgnitor, MySQL or PostgreSQL, Nginx, LEMP setup
• Developing REST APIs & integrating 3rd party APIs (oAuth 2.0), Git
• Hands-on experience in application deployment on linux servers
• You can easily navigate volatile environment where you are constantly getting challenged to push your own boundaries to make sense of ambiguous and complex signals of uncertainty into simple winning outcomes.
• What separates you from other developers is your relentless drive for running new tests and experiments on a regular basis.
• You love programming, but even more, you actually love implementing changes based on user data and create highly scalable technology based solutions.
If you are qualify and are excited about joining us, read about our functional asks below:
• Participate in the entire product development lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
• Translate high level business problems into scalable solutions. These include building self learning modules for dynamic pricing, contextual recommendations, in-house analytics, advanced real-time backend systems, etc.
• Develop Web APIs and end-to-end web services to support various internal & external.
• Develop unit test plans to deliver quality components. • Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
• Optimization of the software platform for maximum speed and scalability.
• Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
• Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
• Perform UI tests to optimize performance.
• Provide training and support to internal teams.
• Follow emerging technologies.
- Minimum 2 - 3.5 years of work experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
-Good working knowledge of Python, Django. PHP knowledge is an addition. SQL, Jango, C,HTML
- You have worked on very large internet applications and were instrumentally involved with the scaling and performance challenges
-Excellent understanding of MVC and OOP. Bonus for understanding of prevalent design patterns
- Good working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and services is a plus
-Performance optimization, SQL tuning, caching techniques is a plus
-You have done development across multiple browsers/ mobile platforms delivering quality
-consumer products that delight the users.
-Understanding of message queues, pub-sub, and in-memory data store
-You have experience with both relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, MongoDB).
We are looking for an experienced engineer with superb technical skills. You will primarily be responsible for architecting and building large scale data pipelines that delivers AI and Analytical solutions to our customers. The right candidate will enthusiastically take ownership in developing and managing a continuously improving, robust, scalable software solutions. The successful candidate will be curious, creative, ambitious, self motivated, flexible, and have a bias towards taking action. As part of the early engineering team, you will have a chance to make a measurable impact in future of Thinkdeeply as well as having a significant amount of responsibility.
Although your primary responsibilities will be around back-end work, we prize individuals who are willing to step in and contribute to other areas including automation, tooling, and management applications. Experience with or desire to learn Machine Learning a plus.
Bachelors/Masters/Phd in CS or equivalent industry experience
10+ years of industry experience in java related frameworks such as Spring and/or Typesafe
Experience with scripting languages. Python experience highly desirable. 5+ Industry experience in python
Experience with popular modern web frameworks such as Spring boot, Play framework, or Django
Demonstrated expertise of building and shipping cloud native applications
Experience in administering (including setting up, managing, monitoring) data processing pipelines (both streaming and batch) using frameworks such as Kafka, ELK Stack, Fluentd
Experience in API development using Swagger
Strong expertise with containerization technologies including kubernetes, docker-compose
Experience with cloud platform services such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Familiarity with continuous integration, Jenkins
Architect, Design and Implement Large scale data processing pipelines
Design and Implement APIs
Assist in dev ops operations
Identify performance bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
Help maintain code quality, organization, and documentation
Communicate with stakeholders regarding various aspects of solution.
Mentor team members on best practices
• Design and development of RESTful Web Services
• Hands on database experience (Oracle / PostgreSQL / MySQL / SQLServer)
• Hands on experience with developing web applications leveraging Spring Framework
• Hands on experience with developing microservices leveraging Spring Boot
• Knowledge in Application Server Tomcat
• Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, with good verbal and written skills
• Strong believer and follower of SDLC principles with an emphasis on Quality & Standards based
What we need
• 3-4 years of experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• Core Java
• Spring Framework
• Spring DI, Spring AOP, Autowiring
• Spring Boot
• Spring ORM / Spring Data JPA
• Willing to learn technology/domain on demand basis
• Good team interactions.