About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technology Lead (Python or Node), who adopts a hands-on approach and loves to build scalable, distributed and large web / mobile products. You would be responsible for designing the architecture, reviewing the code, building the technology and deploying web/mobile applications.
- Own the product development from scratch.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Architect scalable software solutions and mentor a team of high performing developers.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, SCRUM ceremonies, and troubleshoot to ensure uptime for live systems etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field from a premier college.
- Prior 4+ years of experience in back-end development (Python/ Golang) in a start-up or a dynamic work environment.
- Good exposure in writing and optimizing SQL for high-performance systems.
- Understanding of asyncio and eventloop/ uvloop concepts. Knowledge of frameworks such as Quart/ Fastapi/ Starlette is preferred.
- Knowledge of AWS; Caching technologies like Redis, Memcache; ELK; mySQL Databases, etc.
- Strong understanding of System Design, Microservice Architecture, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Message queues, and in-memory data stores etc.
- Customer oriented, responsive to changes, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
We offer an innovative, fast paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the centre of leading change by leveraging technology and creating boundless impact in the FinTech ecosystem.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of experience with software development, preferably in Agile environment.
- Advanced knowledge of in software development tools, programming languages, databases, and environments, including but not limited to:
- Python 3.x, Django, functional Python, procedural Python, object oriented Python, Asynchronous Design, Micro Services, memcache, REDIS, Celery, ElastiSearch, RESTful web services, Relational (Oracle & MySQL) and Non-Relational (NOSQL & DynamoDB) databases, AWS.
- 3-5 years of experience in backend software technologies like Java and Spring boot
- Experience in working with MYSQL Database and prior knowledge on db modelling
- Experience in integrating with webservice APIs / Rest APIs
- Experience in working with micro-service architecture
- Experience in Unit testing/integration testing of backend APIs using Junit or any unit testing framework
- Experience creating REST APIs, Supervisor, Horizon, Queue, Different File and Storage Systems, Migrations, Commands
- Expertise in MySQL
- Leverage the inbuilt React toolkit for creating frontend features
- Experience with implementation of authentication, authorization, redux, context, memos, pure components
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
About the company
We are building analytics on natural language to help product development teams learn from large-scale customer feedback. Since our inception in 2020, we have been backed by top-tier VC firms from Silicon Valley and India. Today, we are proud to partner with some of the fastest scaling Product Led Growth companies. We are growing really fast and excited about having more people join us on this journey
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working closely with founders to develop the entire backend and build out product features at a rapid pace.
- Identifying and driving innovative solutions to address the most critical needs of our customers.
- Work in close collaboration with cross-functional partners in data science, design and frontend functions.
- Solve complex MLOps (model deployment, monitoring, training) challenges.
- Build cost effective and scalable systems.
- Contribute to product development by pitching in with ideas and doing proof-of-concepts.
- Over 2 years of work experience in the industry.
- Experience of domain modelling and deep understanding of distributed systems.
- Proficiency with any part of our technology stack: Golang, Serverless, Event Driven Architectures, NoSql/SQL, Elastic Search, Graphql, Microservice Architecture
- Hands-on experience in using versioning systems like Git.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with automated test suites
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively to achieve objectives
- Excellent organisational and analytical abilities
Benefits and Perks
- Autonomy and Ownership
- Smart, Humble and Friendly peers
- Competitive remuneration package with equity options
- Generous vacation
- Maternity and Paternity leaves
- Learning & Development resources
- Initial grant to setup home-office
- Monthly stipend for coffee / nutritional supplements
- Experience with building production systems for a startup or an Organization
- Good command over NodeJs and its internals is expected. Knowledge about ethereum blockchain desirable
- Should be comfortable with RESTful web services/ APIs using ExpressJS
- Should be comfortable with server side technologies as well – Python, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes, Git etc
- Should have good command over cloud infrastructure AWS (preferred), MS Azure or Google Cloud
- Should have keen attention for detail and should be obsessed with building a good product – Applicants are strongly encouraged to share their github/bitbucket or product URLs
- Should be able to learn fast and understand new concepts quickly
- Should be willing to work in an agile startup environment and take complete ownership of the assigned responsibility
Ideal candidate should be comfortable with Code Igniter, MySQL.
Additional Requirement - CI with installation process
Experience 3 to 5 yrs
Notice period- Immediate to 15 days
Talview helps enterprises beat Hiring Lag and engage great candidates faster with the world's first AI-led Instahiring platform. Hiring Lag cripples’ businesses when open positions lie vacant adversely impacting a company's revenue, operations, and quality of hire. The best candidates today are in the market for only 10 days, and 6 of 10 candidates drop out of the hiring funnel when the process is too long. Talview empowers businesses to achieve a 100% digital hiring process with a parallel “one-click” high-quality candidate experience from the first interaction to final selection. Our clients include Adecco, Airbnb, Bajaj Allianz, Cognizant, Deloitte, HCL, Sephora, and Unicef. Learn how we’re beating Hiring Lag at www.talview.com
Lead Engineer - Backend
We are seeking a Lead Engineer (Backend) to join our world-class engineering team building the next generation applications. We're looking for passionate, creative developers who are excited about solving new problems. This position will be reporting to the Engineering Mgr. Work will primarily be in nodejs to begin with.
An ideal candidate would have:
- Excellent quality, design, development and delivery skills in scrum teams working in short development and release cycles
- 5+ years of experience with any combination of backend languages: nodejs, PHP, Java, C++
- Expertise with messaging queues like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Ability to discuss and design along the concepts of: MVC, REST, OOPS, and productivity, maintainability and scalability of the written code
- Ability to write optimized queries in any SQL
Talview's culture is rooted in Collaboration, Commitment to excellence, Credence, and Customer-centricity (our 4Cs).
We have Off-Roaders, Bikers, Table Tennis Players, Cricketers, Runners, Video Game champs, Musicians, and almost all varieties of people in the team. We have Great Family people along with Happy Singles. You will surely find a buddy here once you join us and you can bring your talented buddies too!
Working at Talview has its perks
Following are some benefits you can expect from us in return! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Extraordinary chance to scale growth
- Competitive salary
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy fruits, snacks, gourmet coffee
- 5 Days working & Flexible Work culture
- Whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Monthly team lunches and annual team building events
- Team gatherings and company parties!