Position: Backend Developer
Organization: A Funded global healthcare platform connecting doctors, thereby enabling exchange of information on a quick and real time basis, founded in the year 2013.Currently there are 3 lakh doctors using this platform and everyday there are 400 new doctors joining it.
The platform promotes exchange of viewpoints, ideas, and information on various medical practices amongst healthcare professionals. This saves both time and money as solutions to several health issues can be accessed on a real time basis. There are 1.3 million registered doctors and 400+ daily publications on its platform and they operate across 16+countries.
Roles & Responsibilities
You’re Awesome At -
- Have strong experience in Python (FLASK framework).
- Have a Deep understanding of how RESTful APIs work.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns that can work at scale.
- Sound knowledge of NoSQL/SQL Databases (Mongo DB preferred).
- Strong experience with at-Cloud technology, preferably AWS or GCP, or Azure.
- Core experience in developing complex backend systems.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passionate about application scalability, availability, reliability, and security.
Your Academic Qualifications -
BE/BTech in Computer Science preferred.
You’ll Be Improving & Responsible For –
- A team that is building products used by 300k + doctors every single day.
- Work on PetaByte Scale Streaming Systems - more than 500 million hours of video have been streamed.
- Lead high volume VOD streaming (think of systems as sophisticated as Netflix and Amazon prime).
- Challenge oneself on Security, Scalability, and Stability
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Reach out to the open-source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
Your Experience Across the Years in the Roles You’ve Played -
2-4 Years of experience in Backend Development.
About RS Consultants
Our clients are funded software product development companies.
What we are looking for:
=> Bachelors/Masters degree in Computers/IT or equivalent.
=> 5-8 years of relevant experience in web development.
=> Strong PHP, MySQL & Codeigniter (MVC Framework) hands-on experience (at least 12-15 projects).
=> Database schema design and query optimization.
=> AWS hands-on experience with EC2, ELB, RDS, CloudFront, Lambda, code deploy, etc.
=> Experience with e-commerce platforms, payment gateways will be a big advantage, especially on content-heavy platforms.
=> Hands-on experience and a good understanding of GIT Commands.
=> Good to have experience with the RESTful API.
=> Ability to decipher and write complex database queries for analysis and optimization.
=> Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
=> Understanding of scalability issues and their solutions.
=> Need to be articulate with a good degree of written & oral communication skills.
=> Exposure to UI/UX would be a added value.
=> We are looking for an immediate joiner (within 15 days or less).
=> This role may include night shifts.
Head Office: Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Work Location: Work From Home
Working Days: Monday to Friday
Shift & Timming: Regular (09:00 AM to 06:00 PM) / Night (08:00 PM to 05:00 AM)
Working Hours: 9 Hrs
- Experience in designing & developing systems/software for large business environments (Java, J2EE).
- Strong design and coding skills in Enterprise Java, REST & SOAP web services, ORM (JPA/Hibernate), Spring, Maven, JMS (ActiveMQ), Caching, XML, JSON.
- Experience with multiple integration technologies / frameworks.
- Must have good experience in Unix/Oracle/SQL.
- Experience in Agile Development, Scrum, and Iterative approaches.
- Experience and exposure to AWS Cloud Services and DevOps mindset and expertise is a plus Experience with Mule or any ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) is a plus.
💥 What will you do?
As a Backend Engineer, you will
- Create and maintain server-side code
- Designing database schemas to support business requirements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Write unit tests
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Collaborate with front end engineers
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with web-application-related technical issues and support their requirements.
🙋 What are we looking for?
While we do not have a strict list of requirements for candidates interested in this role, some indicators that you would fit this role and our engineering culture are
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Backend engineer using Python frameworks like Django, Flask, etc
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience writing unit tests for the application is a plus
- Experience with building REST APIs
- Superior analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Building scalable and large scale web applications, and creating flexible solutions and integrations with other applications
- Independently drawing up milestones and ensuring completion as per the timelines
- Solving complex technical problems
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the technology as well as understanding the feature differences.
- Comfortable working in an intensive start-up culture with tight delivery cycles
Desired Candidate ProfileWhat you need to have:
- At least 1+ year experience in working with Ruby on Rails and minimum 4 years of experience with software development (Backend + Frontend)
- Extensive knowledge in testing frameworks like Rspec/ Cucumber/ Capybara
- Exposure to AngularJS a plus
- Worked with Frontend HTML5/ CSS development and integrating with mySQL/ PostGres Database
- Must have experience in creating flexible solutions and integrations with other applications
- A strong knowledge of web coding standards, licensing and best practices
- Must have experience in building scalable and large scale web applications
- Ability to manage the Servers and Databases
Role Description: The Java (Spring Boot) Developer would need to have at least 5+ years of experience.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications using J2EE.
- 5+ years of experience in Spring Boot.
- Good knowledge of MicroServices.
- Experience working with tools like Git, Maven.
- Expertise developing enterprise-level web applications and RESTful APIs using MicroServices, with demonstrable production-scale experience.
- Working experience in Industry Standard protocols related API Security including OAuth is a must.
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using JSON, Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in Unix and Windows environments.
- Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments.
- Strong Shell scripting experience.
- Working knowledge with Oracle, DB2 or Mongo DB databases.
- Passion to stay on top of the latest happenings in the tech world and an attitude to discuss and bring those into play.
- Strong agile/scrum development experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Jar is a daily gold savings app that lets users save money by taking spare change from their online transactions and investing it in digital gold automatically. Jar is the first Made in India app to come up with an innovative solution to save money daily and invest automatically in digital gold for the best gold rate. We want to help millions of Indians rediscover the undeniable, cumulative advantages of saving every single day. To know more about the company: bit.ly/workatjar
- As a Backend Engineer, you will design and build server-side components that run seamlessly on Jar, design and implement infrastructure, and more.
- You will partner with Fullstack engineers to build high-performance REST & WebSocket APIs to power our frontend experiences.
- Perform data analysis and troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, performance, data discrepancies, production environment.
- As an early engineer, work with the team to create and foster a culture of raising the bar with each new hire.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in writing secure, efficient, high-quality code and have a good understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Experience with technologies like GraphQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Node.js, and other server-side technologies, etc.
- Experience with Implementation of services in a micro-service architecture.
- Familiarity with Big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Demonstrated interest in open and community-driven platforms.
✨ Good to have
- Experience with building fintech products
- Experience building and scaling applications on public cloud infrastructure (Docker, AWS/GCP, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.)
- Experience in the development of large, distributed software systems
- A Background in Computer Science
💥 You’ll be in a rewarding company
- Work with cutting-edge technology and unchartered territory.
- Competitive salary and compelling stock options offerings.
- An international team of highly skilled and motivated colleagues, to help You succeed and push boundaries.
- Flexible working hours, training resources, and a company culture that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, and lots of fun along the way.
- Opportunity to have a major impact on the future of the company.
We are the pioneering player in the FinTech industry in India in the institutional credit space. We have created a one of a kind online marketplace for institutional credit ‘CredAvenue’, bringing together issuers and lenders, while also participating in the marketplace through their own balance sheet. Within a short span of two years, CredAvenue has gained immense traction and boasts of multiple clients across sectors, 120+ investors across multiple segments and a high volume of credit deal closures. To read about the latest numbers we have clocked, please visit www.credavenue.com.
We are backed by two of the leading global Private Equity firms and have also been successful in attracting high quality talent from some of the leading companies and universities globally. With the fundamentals in place, we are now gearing up for our next phase of high growth, and we are further building up our team to take the company to the next level.
- Responsible for full software life-cycle, system design and development of front-end & back-end systems
- Writing high-quality code, participating in code reviews, designing/architecting systems of varying complexity and scope
- Identify libraries and technologies worth experimentation
- Build innovative solutions from scratch and liaise with architects and engineers to build solutions
- Mentoring other team members
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
- 2-7 years of relevant hands-on software engineering experience doing software design and development
- Proven experience of working on back-end web frameworks like RoR (preferable) or Python/Django or Node.js
- Excellent understanding of relational database structures, having knowledge of unstructured databases (NoSQL) will be an added advantage
- Expertise in object-oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures, algorithms, scalable APIs, etc.
- Knowledge of working on cloud technologies and exposure of AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, etc)
- Work in a fast-paced environment and make pragmatic engineering decisions in a short amount of time
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum methodologies.
Work Environment Details
- An opportunity to play a formative role in an ambitious financial services marketplace spanning investment banking, debt capital markets, institutional finance, retail lending and asset management
- A journey that will challenge and reward you in a manner few others will