About the Company
Peacock Engineering Ltd is a Gold-accredited IBM Premier Business Partner which has amassed over 300 person years of experience implementing business critical EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) solutions across a range of industries such as oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, utilities, facilities management, transport, and power generation.
Peacock Engineering Ltd specialise in providing consultancy services and support for the IBM Maximo EAM software product and maintain a pool of highly experienced and capable consultants fully conversant with IBM Maximo and its functionality, capabilities, and opportunities for customisation to meet business need.
Peacock Engineering’s Technical Services team is now looking for an experienced UI / Front End Developer who is proficient with React.js (16.8+) to join our international team of developers delivering innovative solutions to our major UK-based customers.
Your primary focus will be working on new user interface components which are modern, secure, performant, and easy to maintain - following well-known React.js workflows and recognised best practices.
You will coordinate with the rest of our multi-disciplined team working together on different layers of the solution architecture. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and delivering a high-quality product is essential.
- Developing new user-facing features for our clients using React.js
- Translating functional requirements (User Stories/Tasks) and wireframes into high quality code with tests
- Working with architects, developers, and QA engineers to ensure that your work is testable, meets industry security standards and is written to deliver good performance/scalability.
- Perform application and solution development to meet project requirements.
- Develop and document detailed technical designs to meet business requirements.
- Manage multiple technical environments and support the development and testing processes.
- Identify areas of customization and optimization and provide solutions that meet the business requirements.
Skills & Personal Qualities – Required:
Experience working with the IBM Maximo software product within the following capacities:
- Tech. in Computer Science, Engineering or Business-related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in React application development.
- Demonstrable expertise in software development in an Agile setting
- Ability to deliver well-tested code consistently in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authentication/authorization mechanisms
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools (Azure DevOps preferable)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack/Parcel, NPM/Yarn, etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spoken & written English
Skills & Personal Qualities – Desired:
- To bring industry knowledge world class capabilities innovation and cutting-edge technology to our clients in the Resources industry to deliver business value.
- To work with leading Resources client’s major customers and suppliers to develop and execute projects and reliability strategies.
- To harness extensive knowledge combined with an integrated suite of methods people and assets to deliver sustainable long-term solution.
- IBM MobileFirst certification
- JAVA/ SQL Skills
- Professional and committed, with a disciplined approach to work.
- Motivated and driven by finding and providing solutions to problems.
- Polite, tactful, helpful, empathic nature, able to deliver to the needs of customers.
- Has respect for others and their views.
- Technology minded and focused, enthusiastic about technologies.
- Analytical, able to raise from the detail and see the bigger picture.
- Dedicated to continually updating and upgrading own knowledge.
- Carries a mind-set of continuous improvement, constantly looking for better and more efficient ways of doing things.
- Values quality at the centre of all things in work.
Due to considerable amounts of virtual working and interaction with colleagues and customers in different physical locations internationally, it is essential that the successful applicant has the drive and ethic to succeed working in small teams physically but in larger efforts virtually. Self-drive to communicate constantly using web collaboration and video conferencing is essential.
As an employee, you will be encouraged to continually develop your capability & attain certifications to reflect your growth as an individual.
About Peacock Engineering
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As Frontend Web Developer you love designing and producing excellent web interfaces and have a passion for games.
You'll be part of a development team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make really powerful web-based tools and ensure that everyone in the company has the software that they need, especially when they don't actually know what they need!”
What you will really be doing
You'll be working directly with the server and client teams to create our games server admin interfaces. And closely with the analytics team developing features for our analytics platform WatchTower.
A portion of the work involves maintaining/improving our extensive games server admin interface and our in-house Analytics platform WatchTower.
You will be working with a lot of different technologies that make up our worldwide cluster where we support millions of daily players.
On some projects specific gameplay features rely on server side counterparts and complex web UI interfaces making for a good change of pace from Analytics and Data entry interfaces.
How you will be doing this
You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to get the best results
You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
You’ll work with cutting edge technology - if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the original Micro Machines video game.
Skills and requirements
Minimum 2 years browser-based programming experience
An excellent working knowledge of various programming languages, databases and scripting tools including at least one of bash, MySQL, CouchBase, Python, Java, C#, JSP, PHP
A creative mindset motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best
Interest in mobile games
Knowledge of the Unix, Linux, MacOS or equivalent development environments
Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2:1 or higher degree in a related discipline e.g., computer science, programming, maths
We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
Creative Wednesdays! (Complete freedom to design and make your own games every Wednesday)
20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
Monthly employee awards
Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Senior Frontend Engineer (React)
It is an app that allows offline businesses to sell their products and services
online. On our app, the users can make beautiful product catalogues (catalogs) right from a
smartphone and share with their customers easily on different social media apps such as
Whatsapp Business, Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram etc. Praised by users all over India, this app has saved declining businesses by helping them transfer their shop online. The journey has just begun and we are on a mission to make India truly Digital. We is currently powering over 3.7 M ecommerce stores built by indian small businesses and growing at a crazy rate.We are looking for a full-stack developer to join our team who will be part of our new innovations team.
We are looking for a great Frontend developer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and sockets
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM,etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools
- Experience with PWAs and React Native is a huge plus
● Work on products that are used across platforms (e.g. Android and iOS Mobile Devices,
● Analyse current products in development, including performance, scalability, diagnosis and troubleshooting
● Work with the existing framework and evolve it by building reusable code & libraries
● Search and introduce new software related technologies, processes and tools.
● Collaborate with other team members
● Working on the robustness of the application
Key Skills Required:
● Good understanding of advanced JS libraries and frameworks such as React.js and Angular.
● Understanding of client side unidirectional data flow principles and Redux knowledge.
● Good understanding of - React Native - is a big plus.
● UI Performance: should have hands-on experience of optimizing page load, rendering,
● NodeJS, Webpack knowledge is a plus.
● Proficient understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues.
● Fluent in responsive design and mobile / tablet UI / UX.
● Web mobile (touch devices: mobiles and tablets) experience is expected.
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer ( Preferably React Js) who will be architecting and developing cutting-edge features for Radiusagent web applications . An ideal candidate will have prior experience in eCommerce Products and worked closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional partners.
- You will be constantly and consistently implementing new features and optimize existing ones from controller-level to UI- Vigilantly and rapidly fix bugs.
- You will continuously solve problems to give our customers a delightful experience.
- You will be working closely with Product manager and back-end engineers to implement front-end solutions.
- You will be endorsing upcoming standards, launching, iterating, and making a difference.
- You will have to be extremely detail-oriented to strive for pixel-perfect implementation in all browsers.
- You should have the ability to write well-abstracted, reusable, highly performant code for UI components.
- You should have the passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
- 5+ years of experience in building scalable commercial web applications.
- A passion to provide a good user experience
- If you are passionate about implementing elegant User Interfaces using HTML and CSS.
- Ability to work autonomously and to be able to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, good visual design sense, in-depth experience in developing web-based applications.
- Working with the product team and designers to collaboratively build the products that pushes Rely to reach our next stage of growth.
- Tackle the challenges that occur from having your code running on different merchant websites.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimise applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Move fast.
- 3+ years of hands-on product experience in professional software development with front end web development and experience in building user interfaces
- At least one year experience with Angular.
- Familiarity with web development cycles (e. g. package management, module bundling, unit, and integration testing, browser capabilities, etc. ).
- An eye for detail and empathy for the customer.
- Experience building for mobile platforms.
- Ability to write clean, semantic HTML and CSS, agonising along the way for pixel perfection.
- Experience working at a fast-growth startup.
- Experience upgrading angular.
As one of the first members of the frontend development team, you will be the sole owner of the entire front end development cycle for our consumer-facing web
products. Also, you will be responsible for shaping up the entire system for scale and
collaborating intensively with the backend and design teams to create the best consumer
Develop all user-facing products preferably in React
Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable
devices and browsers
Focus on code maintainability and performance of the application.
Provide technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
Enhance SEO, Analytics and overall frontend architecture for better performance
Good foundation in design and a knack for designing interactions and elegant interfaces
Good to have - understanding of React.js and its core principles
Good to have - experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
Experience with data structure libraries
Familiarity with RESTful APIs
Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Familiarity with code versioning tools (such as Git)
Proficient in industry-standard best practices such as Design Patterns, Coding Standards,
Coding modularity, Prototypes, etc.
Experience in using debugging tools used for profiling/optimizing performance
Experience in debugging, tuning and optimizing UI components
A minimum of two (2) years of relevant development or engineering experience.
• Developing new user-facing features using React.js
• Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
Skills - Must have
• Expertise in React JS ecosystem and ES6
• Well-versed with web mark up (HTML5 and CSS3), JSX, and templating technologies
• Good understanding of responsive and adaptive development
• Understanding of cross browser development and making sure application works seamlessly in different
• Demonstrated understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Ability to review specifications documents and provide technical inputs on successfully implementing
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team and lead a project to completion
• Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and excellent communication and
• Experience in popular React.js workflows (such as Redux or MobX)
• Experience in common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, and NPM among others