ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organizations and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That’s why we’re such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will champion best practices like writing clean and reusable code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will partner with other technologists from cross-functional teams advocating devops culture
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Take ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables, always pushing the envelope in order to deliver awesome results for our clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re willing and able to commit to traveling up to 100% (back home on the weekends) across the US and Canada to help our clients solve their business problems
- You can write clean, high-quality code in a variety of languages and are also able to spot (and improve) bad code
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- You have experience with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
Founded in 1993, we’ve grown from a small team in Chicago to a leading software consultancy of more than 8000 Thoughtworkers in 17 countries. Our cross-functional teams of strategists, developers, data engineers, and designers bring over two decades of global experience to every partnership.
Thoughtworks invented the concept of distributed agile and we know how to harness the power of global teams to deliver software excellence at scale. Today we help our clients to create their own path to digital fluency and to build organizational resilience to navigate the future.
Our job is to foster a vibrant community where people have the freedom to make an extraordinary impact on the world through technology.
As a Thoughtworker, you are free to seek out the most ambitious challenges. Free to change career paths. Free to use technology as a tool for social change. Free to be yourself.
Kwalee is one of the world’s leading multiplatform game publishers and developers, with well over 750 million downloads worldwide for mobile hits such as Draw It, Teacher Simulator, Let’s Be Cops 3D, Traffic Cop 3D and Makeover Studio 3D. Alongside this, we also have a growing PC and Console team of incredible pedigree that is on the hunt for great new titles to join TENS!, Eternal Hope and Die by the Blade.
With a team of talented people collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, the Philippines and many more places, we have a truly global team making games for a global audience. And it’s paying off: Kwalee games have been downloaded in every country on earth! If you think you’re a good fit for one of our remote vacancies, we want to hear from you wherever you are based.
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle. Could your idea be the next global hit?
What’s the job?
As the Lead Backend Developer / Server Programmer you will write code that will run on 100s of servers thousands of times a second helping our games run smoothly, you will have to work out how to deal with massive amounts of data efficiently, train machines to crunch data and generally play around with the latest and greatest in tech.
You love to write efficient code and tackle hard puzzles, you like working with a committed team.
What you tell your friends you do
“I’m the hero of the day, when actually I only needed to fix one line of code”
What you will really be doing
- Contributing to the design and architecture of our servers using Python with Flask deployed on AWS EC2 Servers.
- Building Lambda pipelines to process large amounts of data.
- Implementing server features to robustly support millions of mobile game players.
- You’ll be working with a worldwide multi cluster Couchbase and Elasticsearch database, but always looking for the next technology that makes sense.
- Interfacing with other teams on any server-related issues affecting them.
- Leading a team of developers both onsite and remotely, closely supported by our CTO.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to ensure the best results.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you will get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with more than 200 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and Requirements
- A proven track record of writing high quality database and program code for servers with Python. We are considering different levels of experience (from several months to years).
- The ability to write quick scripts to accelerate manual tasks.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (Couchbase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Memcache,etc.) could be useful but it’s not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux or equivalent development environments
- Some experience in game development would be a plus, although it’s not necessary.
- Team leadership / management experience
- We want everyone involved in our games to share our success, that’s why we have a generous team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment
- In addition to a competitive salary we also offer private medical cover and life assurance
- Creative Wednesdays! (Design and make your own games every Wednesday)
- 20 days of paid holidays plus bank holidays
- Hybrid model available depending on the department and the role
- Relocation support available
- Great work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Quarterly team building days - work hard, play hard!
- Monthly employee awards
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.
Kwalee makes games to bring people, their stories, and their interests together. As an employer, we’re dedicated to making sure that everyone can thrive within our team by welcoming and supporting people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances. With the inclusion of diverse voices in our teams, we bring plenty to the table that’s fresh, fun and exciting; it makes for a better environment and helps us to create better games for everyone! This is how we move forward as a company – because these voices are the difference that make all the difference.
Envoy combines technology and global immigration services to offer the only immigration management platform that makes it seamless for companies to hire and manage an international workforce. We empower companies to acquire the best talent regardless of where they are in the world; helps mobilize employees around the world to take advantage of business opportunities; and enables the management of entire global workforces, providing a strategic, proactive view into workforce and financial forecasting and compliance. We are a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
Our Engineering Team
We have a passionate product engineering team that works on complex technical challenges, employs creativity, and constantly learns a variety of frameworks, tools, and technologies. While we are dedicated to delivering excellent product, we also believe having fun along the way motivates us to pour our heart into what we do. Our team has mastered development and delivery process, allowing the team to focus on designing, architecting, and crafting masterpieces.
We are growing rapidly and expanding our team in India, join our product engineering team to be part of this exciting journey.
"Programming isn't about what you know; it's about what you can figure out.” - Chris Pine
- 8+ years of strong programming experience on .NET platform
- Expertise in C#, ASP.NET Web API / Typescript / Angular (or any front-end framework or passion to learn Angular)
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Azure experience is a plus but not a deal breaker
- Experience designing high-level and low-level design of the system
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus
- Provide technical guidance to the team and take ownership of delivery
- Responsible to technically groom backlog items providing design, architecture, and implementation details
- Quality is the key driver to successful delivery, ensure highly testable and quality deliverables
- Leverage troubleshooting and analytical skills to analyze issues
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
Envoy Global is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification.
• Proven working experience in backend app development and experience with Node JS.
• Build advanced ecommerce backend applications for the multiple client platforms (both React and Android).
• Understanding of design principles and good architecture patterns.
• Proper Data Structures and Algorithm knowledge is a must.
• Graph QL and Apollo Server knowledge.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
• Work with outside data sources and APIs like the one of Unicommerce.
• Create Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
• Have a good understanding of CI/CD tools (any).
• Robust knowledge of popular databases like MongoDB, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, Redis etc;
• Knowledge about AWS Services like EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift, S3 is super plus.
• 3+ years in Node JS
• MongoDB, Elastic Search, DynamoDB, Redis
• AWS Services like EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Redshift, S3 is super plus.
• Data Structures and Algorithm knowledge is a must.
- Full stack development on cutting edge technology in Fintech domain.
- Ownership of complete backend code.
You should Have :
- Server Side languages knowledge: Node.js and express.js is the first choice, Python, Java
- At least 3+ years of server-side programming experience. We prefer ability over experience
- Solid experience working with databases, especially relational DB.
- Solid experience with version control (Git or Bitbucket or SVN).
- B.E. in Computer Science or Graduate/PG degree in Computer Science (this is optional, as we are more interested in your abilities and experience over a paper degree).
- Any experience working with real time projects in backend with node.js and express.js
-Should have experience in Creating and managing Liferay Portal themes
-Need to have experience working with JAVA technologies
-Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
-Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
-Process-oriented with great documentation skills.
-Should have knowledge of DXP
Design, Develop and Test applications running in the cloud.
Work in sprints, within a highly motivated, self-organizing team to produce quality software
according to the priorities laid down by the application stakeholders.
Design innovative solutions to problems faced by our internal and external customers and
implement them on continuously evolving applications.
Write Unit tests to ensure code is proven to work before being deployed to Test environments.
Use defensive coding to ensure software is developed with a secure approach.
Provide input on best practices and innovations across all aspects of our software development.
Provide our customers with Applications that can satisfy their needs, working as part of the team
to address issues that customers may encounter as they go about their business.
Required Experience and Skills :
A minimum of 6 years of software development experience
In-depth knowledge of C#
Hands-on experience with ASP. NET MVC Framework
Strong knowledge and experience in designing and developing Web solutions using ASP.
NET MVC Framework
Rich experience in creating REST-based web-services using ASP. NET Web API or ASP.
Working experience of Relational Databases (MS SQL, Oracle nice to have), ORM (Entity
Framework, EF Core)
Affinity with unit and integration testing frameworks and TDD
Knowledge of Azure cloud and DevOps pipeline nice to have
Analyze, plan and estimate requirements as well as identify risks involved and provide
Understanding of design principles behind scalable and testable applications
Continuous improvement and innovative mind-set.
Ability to take a lead role and take ownership of complex data integration deliveries.
A degree in Computer Science and/or a business related degree; or equivalent work experience.
Hey Java Experts,
Are you looking for a job opportunity?
Here you go, there is an opportunity to work with leading startups and unicorns in INDIA at RECRO.
1.Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
2.Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
3.Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
4.Prepare and produce releases of software components.
5.Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
2.5 + years experience in development in JAVA technology.
2.Exposure in SpringBoot or Spring MVC and J2EE.
3.Strong Java Basics and good at problem solving.
4.Hands on experience on Relational databases (SQL query or Hiberent)+ Mongo( JSON parsing)
4.Proficient in REST API development.
5.Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
- Server Side (Java) & AWS serverless framework.
- Must have hands-on experience on serverless framework.
- Design knowledge/experience of cloud-based web application. Familiarity with software design representation tools like astah, visio etc.
- Must have good experience on AWS (Overall knowledge, EC2 Volume, EC2 Security Group, EC2 AMI, Lambda, S3, AWSbackup, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, IAM, SecretsManager, StepFunction, CostExplorer, KMS, VPC/Subnet)
- Understanding business requirements w.r.t UI/UX.
- Working experience on development/staging/production servers.
- Good testing and verification skills
- Knowledge on SSL certificates and encryption.
- Knowledge on Docker containerization.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and writing communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-solving skills.
- Should have skills to understand and analyzecustomers requirements and expectations.
- Must have experience in interaction with customer
- Work experiences with international cross-culture teams (Good to have)
- Scripting using Python
- Good to have knowledge of identity management
- Knowledge of ReactJS/typescript/bootstrap
- Understanding business usecases w.r.t UI/UX
- Fixing issues wrt to integration on cloud(front end/back end/system/services APIs)
Who we are
ixigo is an AI-based travel app that helps millions of users plan and book their trips every day. Launched in 2007, ixigo is proud to have built numerous industry-first AI-innovations over the last decade. With pre-emptive help from ixigo at every touch-point of their journey, 150 million Indians are now making smarter travel decisions every year. ixigo uses Artificial Intelligence for deal discovery, personalized recommendations, dynamic marketing, airfare predictions, train delay information, PNR confirmation status, infrastructure cost optimization, business intelligence and providing fully-automated customer service over chat and voice. This makes ixigo a lean, tech-intensive and capital-efficient travel business, serving millions of travelers with a team size of under 200. Founded in 2007 by Aloke Bajpai & Rajnish Kumar, ixigo’s investors include Sequoia Capital India, Fosun RZ Capital, SAIF Partners, MakeMyTrip & Micromax.
Role & Responsibility
As a Backend Developer, You will be involved in all aspects of development playing a critical role in the design, planning, development, and deployment and help develop best practices for future development. You will be working closely with Tech, Design and Quality team to build and launch the product.
- Code, develop, design and architect features related to the existing application. We expect you to own modules end to end and take pride in the work products you ship
- Design, implement and maintain highly scalable, multi-tier, distributed server software applications
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release products
- Take responsibility for performance and stability for all server functions
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, preferably from IITs/Top RECs
- 2-5 years of experience at cutting edge organizations or startups
- Extensive experience in a Java server-side software design and development
- Proficiency in the implementation of algorithms and the use of advanced data structures to solve problems in computing.
- Experience with e-business/e-commerce applications and business environment is a must
- Any experience with internet companies or the travel industry will be a plus
- Good understanding of Java/J2EE and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of data structures and designing for performance, scalability and availability Knowledge in MongoDB and Web services
- Extensive use of Instruments and Shark to detect memory leaks and for performance optimization
- Good grasp of algorithms, memory management, and multithreaded programming
- Good to have - Python, NodeJS, Mysql, Redis, ElasticSearchGreat people skills!
- Able to fit in well within an informal startup environment and to provide hands-on management
- The high energy level and untiring commitment to drive oneself & the team towards goals
Compensation: Commensurate to skills & experience; comparable to the best in the industry.
Culture: ixigo is proud to have built an entrepreneurial culture that has become a folk-lore in the startup ecosystem. One in every four ixigems has gone on to build successful startups and companies. Our cultural values of integrity, empathy, ingenuity, awesomeness, and resilience have stood the tests of time and we’ve built a fun, flexible and creative work environment that is driven by people with a high degree of ownership. You will get to work with some of the smartest folks in the Indian startup ecosystem, and solve some of the toughest problems for the next billion users by using bleeding-edge technologies. Oh, and we have an awesome “play” area, great chai/coffee, free lunches (yes, they exist!) and a workspace you will fall in love with.