Founded in 2015 by a set of reading enthusiasts, Pratilipi is a storytelling platform which brings readers, writers and their stories together. Something that started as a reading platform we are now operating across three more products - Pratilipi Comics, Pratilipi FM, and IVM podcasts.
All the magic happens from a super cool office in Bangalore where we brainstorm, ideate, debate, and execute. Aggressive and fast paced, we motivate ourselves with meaningful disputes over infinite cups of tea.
Product Details -
- Self-publishing Platform – 12 languages, 250K+ writers, 2.6M+ stories, 25m+ MAU, 1.7b minutes total time reading.
- We record 2M+ new followers, 5.5M+ new ratings, and 2M+ new reviews on the platform every month.
- We are larger than other Indian online literature platforms combined.
- Pratilipi FM – Our stories are now in audio format across 8 languages, 5000+ Hours of Content, 100K MAU
- Pratilipi Comics – Classic and in-house produced comics in 2 languages, 150+ Comic Series, 300K MAU
- IVM Podcasts - Largest Podcasting Studio in India, with 3M+ listens a month
About the Team:
- Our Engineering team works closely with the Product, Business and Data Science teams to build experiments & features that enable delightful experiences for our Users. Hence we fight a lot and party even more.
- We are a lean team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a larger impact. Any point in time, we are seen making (and breaking) high user impact features in production.
- Our Micro-services architecture allows us to be Polyglot in the technology stack. We are completely hosted on AWS Platform. We are available to users via Web, Android and iOS.
- Our tech team consists of 25+ engineers who work in a high ownership driven environment, from fixing bugs to developing features to organizing stand up comedy shows in the office.
- With the organisation strength of 95+, we are looking for accountable engineers who fit into our culture and bring something new to the table, including party tricks.
Jobs at Pratilipi
Pratilipi has 20M+ monthly active users and 2M+ daily active users, and we aim to be impacting over 500M+ users in the near future.
About the Team: We're a small team of smart engineers working closely with the Product, Business and Data Science teams to build experiments and features that enable delightful experiences for our Users. We learn from each other and iterate rapidly to make a larger impact. Our Micro-services architecture allows us to be Polyglot in the technology stack. We
are completely hosted on AWS Platform. We are available to users via Web, Android and iOS.
We work in a high ownership, high responsibility environment.
Our Tech Stack: https://lnkd.in/gAR54Vy
Website - https://www.pratilipi.com/life-at-pratilipi/
Glimpse of our scale:
- 2M+ DAU
- 20M+ MAU
- 1.3+ billion requests per day spread cross 40+ micro-services
- Resting around 10TB of data
- Daily ingestion of 500GB data
- Your primary focus will be in applying data science techniques, doing statistical analysis,
- and building high quality prediction models integrated with our products
- Engage with different stakeholders and evangelize data aware decision making
- Define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and
- accurate insights
- Work on different business problems by converting them to ML problems and building
- models for solving them
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Hands on handling large data sets, performing statistical analysis and presenting results.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN,
- Naive Bayes, SVM, CART, Deep Learning, and NLP
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as NumPy, Tensor Flow, scikit-learn, etc.
- Demonstrated skills in programming in Python and SQL.
- Experience with working on cloud systems such as AWS is a plus
- Educational qualifications should be preferably in Computer Science or statistics or engineering or a related area.
Do Not Apply If You Are Not
- Ownership driven
- Curious in general
- Self motivated
- Use to work in a chaotic environment
- Highly proactive
Founded in 2015 by a set of reading enthusiasts, Pratilipi is a storytelling platform that brings readers, writers, and their stories together. Something that started as a reading platform we are now operating across four more products - Pratilipi Comics, Pratilipi FM, IVM podcasts, and Writeorder.
All the magic happens from a super cool office in Bangalore where we brainstorm, ideate, debate, and execute. Aggressive and fast-paced, we motivate ourselves with meaningful disputes over infinite cups of tea.
Product Details -
Pratilipi literature consists of 12 languages, 350K+ writers, 5M+ stories, 30m+ MAU. Pratilipi is the country's largest self-publishing platform.
About the Team:
The Community & Operations team works closely with the customers (Authors and Readers) to enable delightful experiences for them. Our end goal is to make users happy!
Our team, also known as the Language team at Pratilipi, is always focused on building a great community of authors and readers via various initiatives. We keep resolving user issues. We also closely work with the Product team and QA team to grow and build experiments & features that enable delightful experiences for our users.
We are a lean team that learns from each other and iterates rapidly to make a larger impact on the user community. Our strive to solve user problems and also build a community for them enables us to constantly redefine our goals, action plans, and strategy.
We are 15 community managers who work together in a high ownership-driven environment, from solving user problems and bugs to developing a community of creator economy. We are looking for an accountable Community manager who fits into our culture and brings something new to the table, including party tricks.
You will be leading the whole Hindi language operations and community initiatives at Pratilipi. You will be resolving customer issues, report bugs, design and execute community-oriented strategy for the Hindi language. You will be scaling your language community with an innovative, creative, and efficient execution style.
Responsibilities for Hindi Community:
You will be helping the Pratilipi Authors community by -
- Developing trustworthy, long-lasting strong relationships with the Authors community. You will empower and guide them on growth and their unique success plan on Pratilipi.
- Defining, executing, and scaling community initiatives and experiments for the growth of the community.
- Defining quarterly action plan for the community growth and wellbeing. You will be doing aggressive experiments to achieve your community goals and key results.
- Scaling each successful community initiative with the help of a team of freelancers.
- Empowering monetization for the community via different strategies and initiatives.
- Organizing offline meet-ups (Post COVID), workshops, masterclasses to help the author community grow.
- Helping in defining, designing, and implementing a Community help center and forum for the language.
- Helping in effective execution of IP deals, contracts, and communications with the author community.
Responsibilities for Operations:
You will be handling operations for the Hindi language by helping in -
- Resolving reported customer issues for the Hindi language.
- Raising patterns and bugs in the product to help the QA team to solve them rapidly.
- Brainstorming on an efficient system to solve the top priority user problems, possible resolutions, feature suggestions with help of the product team.
- Designing problem resolution systems, automation, delegations of tasks to achieve customer satisfaction and success.
- Managing and growing Social media pages effectively.
- Helping in product translations, community emails, IP acquisition work from different teams at Pratilipi.
- Moderation of contents and authors violating community guidelines.
Experience: Prefered 1 to 3 yrs of experience as Hindi Operations/Community manager. We also welcome freshers with a strong hunger to grow the Hindi author community.
Salary: ₹5L – ₹8L
Type: Full-time role
Note: Work from Home is available for now but eventually we would expect you to work from our Bangalore office mandatorily.
Must have: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Hindi and English.
The expertise we are looking for:
- Strongly passionate about Hindi writing, reading, and literature in general. An artist. A creative soul.
- Have you heard of an engineering or science graduate turned author? They might fit in! We are eager to work with square pegs in round holes.
- A highly self-driven person who can work independently on community initiatives with utmost ownership and accountability.
- You should be great at Hindi writing. You should be able to create awesome email campaigns, blogs, and articles to grow your community.
- Strongly Data-driven yet strongly intuitive. Artist at heart, an entrepreneur at mind. You know the pulse of the Author community.
- You think on a scale. You do small experiments, and you do grand scaling of successful experiments.
- You are an ownership-driven mature adult comfortable with multitasking. You are super organized, a good listener, a self-motivated problem solver, highly empathetic for customers, and above all a lover of Hindi culture and language.
Good to have:
- Writing career in the Hindi language
- Author on Pratilipi platform
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office, G Suite, MySQL, Amplitude, etc.
- A unique combination of Creative and analytical skills.
- Community building experience on any scale.
- Customer success understanding
- Medical insurance
- You can choose Online courses that will help you grow
- Buy Books
- Mental Health Consultation
Do not apply if you are not:
- Ownership driven
- Curious in general
- Able to explain things in simple terms
- Use to work in a chaotic environment
- Highly proactive
- Hungry to grow anymore
The recruiter has not been active on this job recently. You may apply but please expect a delayed response.
As an Author relations Specialist at Pratilipi telugu department, you will be closely working with our top authors funnel. You will be the most important and essential part of our team, ensuring the success of the authors with the Pratilipi platform. You will build strong relationships with our top authors, develop their writing journey, help them build their own brand on Pratilipi, guide them with understanding of monetization at Pratilipi, and above all you will add value to their writing life by solving their greatest challenges.
We are looking for extraordinarily creative personalities to build great relationships with our top authors. Let’s dive in details on what personality we are looking for:
What we are looking for in a person:
- You should be really passionate about writing, reading and literature in general. An artist and a creative soul.
- Strongly self-driven, quick learner, hustler, crazy to work on community initiatives alone with utmost ownership.
- You should be very good at verbal and written communication skills in Hindi and English.
- You are a people person. Listening is an art for you. Establishing long lasting healthy communication with an unknown person is joy for you.
- You are super organized at work. You are a mature adult who can understand priorities of tasks/projects and can sometimes multitask with ease.
- You take a very very high level of ownership and responsibility. You do work accountability.
- You are capable of basic skills of Microsoft Office, G Suite. You write great emails.
- Above all, you are in love with Pratilipi as a platform. You deeply wish to work with our authors. You want to make an impact in the telugu literature world.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be working with Pratilipi’s language leader in order to establish relations with top authors. You will build strong relations with our authors over different mediums of communication (primarily over Phone, Email, Zoom, and at times in-person)
- You will take ownership of being a top level representative of Pratilipi where top authors can take your guidance and word as an ultimate guidance from Platform.
- You will be responsible for building a communication funnel with almost a thousand authors over the course of three months, and then you would be a resource to assist authors for community issues, growth guidance, success and brand building on Pratilipi, monetization trajectory.
- You will empower and guide authors on how they can grow on Pratilipi. You would help them build their unique success plan, milestones, and monetization opportunities. [You will build and distribute resources on the same.]
- You will understand the author's pain points, disputes, inactivity, security, visibility, and overall pulse of the top authors community. You will escalate their issues, feedback, and suggestions to stakeholders working with you.
- You will create Monthly community reports to share with stakeholders in order to elaborate and solve existing problems.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day support for our authors on non-tech issues and you will guide them on the reporting process of tech issues.
- You will be responsible for trustworthy, long lasting, accountable relationships with authors on behalf of Pratilipi.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work with top authors
- Career development on communication skills, mentorship, brand building and community management.
- Work from home.
- Salary up to 20K per month.
- If you are exceptional at your Job on contract, we would offer a full time role at Pratilipi.
- We won’t look for an experience.
- We would take two interviews over the phone and Zoom.
- We will take a unique written test on your skills once you clear the first interview.