* You are a Coder, a Doer. YOU BELIEVE in actions ( *In short - You are less about Gyan and more about Samadhan* )
* YOU BELIEVE in software delivery with quality
* If you are passionate about technology, engineering best practices and using them to solve real and complex business problems.
* Badly written code or bad architecture irritates you the most.
* YOU BELIEVE in "Proof of the pudding is in the eating" so you are always tinkering and exploring new technologies
* YOU BELIEVE in building things the right way, invest in developer productivity and follow proven engineering practices to ensure that you spend the maximum amount of time working on problems that matter.
* Since work is a big part of your life, YOU BELIEVE in sharing knowledge and of course have fun in the process (company outings, team sports, lunches, etc)
You'll be expected to
1. Design highly scalable, testable code and follow Test Driven Development methodology - Able to write well organised, modularised code with test cases.
* Apart from writing code *
1. Take ownership of new products/features.
2. Contribute to the design and architecture of our backend APIs and deployment of microservices
3. Ensure adherence to engineering best practices and maintain the overall quality of our codebase.
4. Mentor and assist younger members of the team and perform code reviews.
5. Work with the product team to translate powerful ideas into everyday business value.
* Will prefer a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
* Development experience with Java is a must; If you know Python and Go Programming Language that's great
* Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases with an insight into various data modelling use cases
* Sound with data structures and algorithms and have a good understanding of design patterns, software architectures
* Unquenching thirst to learn new technologies.
* Experience with CI/CD is a plus
What FreightFox gives you
- A high energy environment where you’ll be working alongside people who want to bring innovative tech solutions in the Indian landscape. Make in India for India.
- A chance to become a part of the early team of a budding start-up and help shape its growth path.
- Competitive Package
- Stocks - Be part of the early-stage startup and they benefit financially from the company’s growth
We are a young and ambitious technology start-up in the Indian B2B Logistics space. Our aim is to change the future of freight in India by leveraging tech and data to deliver new and exciting possibilities in this space.
We’ve cautiously cultivated an environment where customers come first, where we validate our hypothesis first before writing even a single line of code, where our customers and prospects are our best advisors and where we truly believe that insights from data are critical to steering a business in the right direction.
We have raised $300K seed fund from Angel Investors in Dec 2020
• Hands on RDBMS experience with Oracle/ PostgreSQL/ MySQL/SQL
Server including transaction management, SQL programming, data
• Must have proven track record of logical data modeling and physical
• Experienced in using ORM frameworks like Hibernate, etc.
• Basic understanding of NoSQL systems like Redis (Key-Value store),
MongoDB (Document store), Elasticsearch (Search / Document store)
• Design, Development & Deployment of Microservices using Spring
Boot or any other framework.
• Understanding of building EDA-based (Event Driven Architecture)
• Basic understanding of any public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Ability to design & architect a system that exhibits basic
characteristics like modularity, configurability / extensibility, scalability
• Maven / Gradle
• Experience in using & configuring Jenkins.
• Experience in using & configuring SonarQube.
• Hands-on with Java Platform (1.5 & above) having proficiency in OOPs
• Generics, Streams, Multi-threading (Executor Framework), Functional
• Design & Development of REST Web Services (Spring MVC / REST /
Jersey / Apache CXF, etc.)
• Hands-on experience using Spring framework (4.x & above)
• Core / Beans
• MVC / REST
• Spring Data / JPA
• Spring Test / JUnit
- Coordinate and clarify the requirements and technical issues (including client interaction)
- Support creation of high and low level design
- Development and maintenance of automation code
- Build reusable Business objects as required
- Review the automation implemented code
- Deploy the code to multiple environments phase wise
- Provides regular status updates to clients and management
- Participates in research/design/implementation of appropriate automation tools
- Develop .net libraries using C# /.Net
- Design and develop SQL scripts – Stored procedures, queries, and functions
- Perform unit testing, support systems integration testing and UAT testing
- Raise ticket and co-ordinate with IT team and CS team
- Analyze, estimate and implement special projects
- Effectively manage multiple priorities / assist with various projects as they arise.
- Accurately track, monitor, and report progress and obstacles
- Travel requirements will be modest, working hours must be flexible to deal with international time zone and key process owners located throughout the world.
Education, Experience, & Required Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required
- 7+ years of overall IT experience
- 2+ years of overall development experience with leading RPA tool.
- Certified RPA Tool (UiPath, UiPath X, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere) as developer
- Programming experience in Java, .Net, C, C#, .Net, Python
- Sufficient knowledge of RDBMS like ORACLE / MS SQL Server and SQL tools
- Knowledge in developing & understanding excel macros codes.
- Knowledge in Power BI, Excel Macro, web forms, mobile applications are preferable.
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture is preferable.
- Knowledge in Finance & Accounting domain is preferable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Effectively interact with various levels of management.
- Ability to multitask.
💥 What will you do?
As a Backend Engineer, you will
- Create and maintain server-side code
- Designing database schemas to support business requirements
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Write unit tests
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Collaborate with front end engineers
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with web-application-related technical issues and support their requirements.
🙋 What are we looking for?
While we do not have a strict list of requirements for candidates interested in this role, some indicators that you would fit this role and our engineering culture are
- 2+ years of relevant work experience as a Backend engineer using Python frameworks like Django, Flask, etc
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Good understanding of OOP concepts
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience writing unit tests for the application is a plus
- Experience with building REST APIs
- Superior analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Fulfil’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of customer orders are fulfilled by merchants. Our products need to handle information at massive scale. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas into our technology.
As a senior software engineer, you will work on our python based ORM and applications that scales to handle millions of transactions every hour. This is mission critical software and your primary focus will be building robust and scalable solutions that are easy to maintain.
In this role, you will be collaborating closely with the rest of the team working on different layers of infrastructure in an international environment. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product are important.
What You’ll Do:
- Own definition and implementation of API interfaces (REST and GraphQL). We take pride in our 100% open API with over 600 endpoints.
- Implement simple solutions to complex business logic that enables our merchants to manage financials, orders and shipments across millions of transactions.
- Build reusable components and packages for future use.
- Translate specs and user stories into reviewable, test covered patches.
- Peer review code and refactor existing code.
- Integrate with our eCommerce partners (Shopify, BigCommerce, Amazon), shipping partners (UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL) and EDI.
- Manage Kubernetes and Docker based global deployment of our infrastructure.
Requirements We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Experience working with ORMs like SQLAlchemy or Django (2-3 years)
- Experience with SQL and databases (Postgres preferred)
- Experience in developing large server side applications and microservices
- Ability to create high quality code
- Experience with python testing tools (pytest) and test automation
- Familiarity with code versioning tools like GIT
- Strong sense of ownership and leadership quality
- Experienced in the tools of our web stack- Python, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/Software company
- Experience with ReactJS, Google Cloud, Heroku
- Cloud deployment and scaling experience*
Location: Aundh, Pune
Qualification: B. S / M.S in Computer Sciences
Experience: 2 – 4 years
1. Hands-on development of PaperTure web applications with Spring Boot and Amazon Web Services.
2. Write, debug, and deploy frontend and backend code.
3. Drive architecture discussions and design decisions, with a focus on simplicity, maintainability, and scalability.
4. Enforce refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control, and review practices, in order to create maintainable, understandable code.
5. Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
6. Work closely with multiple stakeholders; collaborating with testers to ensure quality, and with product managers to turn great ideas into concrete, implementable requirements.
7. Delight our users by driving consistent improvement in our Platform's usability.
8. Follow PaperTrue’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all applications meet regulatory and company requirements.
1. To thrive in a fast-paced environment, appreciate aggressive goals, and have a desire-to-win
2. The ability to solve tough problems that require innovative solutions.
3. 2-3 yrs Hands-on experience in Spring boot and with the Design & Development of complex software products & exposure to Unit testing tools.
4. Deep understanding of Computer Sciences & fundamentals, Data structures, Algorithms, Design patterns, HLD & LLD / OOPS, OOAD Concepts.
6. Good knowledge of Client-Server architectures.
7. Ability to write basic SQL queries.
8. Working Knowledge of Windows O/S
9. Good Understanding to the Software Architecture, Software Performance & Security
10. Strong Problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot applications & environmental issues.
11. Adaptability, ability to learn faster, independent, responsible, and diligent.
12. Good team spirit and interpersonal skills, excellent written, verbal, communication skills, analytical skills & Business thinking.
Work Schedule: 5 days a week
About Us: Pure Knowledge Solutions LLP
We are an ITES venture offering online proofreading and copyediting services through our brand PaperTrue (www.papertrue.com). Pure Knowledge Solutions LLP is the brain child of an IIT Bombayalumnus and is backed by one of Pune’s largest advertising agencies.
Our client was founded in 1999 by Mr. D.N. Prahlad (an early employee of Infosys), to create software products. Headquartered in Bangalore, we also have offices in the USA and France.
What We're Looking For
• An unwavering attention to detail and care towards your work. We double-check PRs they submit for review. Each variable name is thought through in detail; attention is paid to how decisions made today will affect the future.
• An absolute commitment towards doing the best work of your life, while helping others to do the same. We deliver with utmost focus on the job at hand. The team works towards crafting the best products for our users, and customers. Working as a team, we take on problems out of the original scope of their work if this results in a better end product.
• You should be comfortable working in an agile environment. You are also expected to
participate in code reviews—both receiving and offering them as needed. You are needed to communicate flexibly with your team—pitching in on designs, features, and ideas for the product, wherever needed.
What is Needed for the Role
• Strong command of Java & the JVM ecosystem
• Strong command of relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc. (both with & without ORMs)
• Strong command of HTTP
• Extensive experience with at least one JVM based web framework (SpringBoot, Micronaut, Play, Dropwizard, etc.)
• Experience with concurrency & parallelism on the JVM
• Experience with Docker, and cloud-native concepts
• Experience with Gradle
• A good grip on Git
What You Will Work On
The specific project you work on is decided based on the list of available projects at the time. While what you work on will change over time, we assure you that you’ll work with people who care deeply about their work and deliver with great attention to detail.
Our growth is driven by ordinary people who have extraordinary dreams and are bold enough to pursue them. Our leadership team, including our Managing Director, is comprised primarily of people who joined us as freshers. Through our process of continuous feedback, and regular 1-1 conversation, we believe in upskilling our team, and enabling each of them to grow along paths they find satisfying.
Your Level of Experience
We do not evaluate people based on the number of years of experience they have.
Instead, we look for skills that have been gained, regardless of how long they’ve, it has taken a person to gain those skills.
However, as a point of reference, historically, we have successfully recruited candidates for this role with 1-5 years of prior experience.
The evaluation process starts with a short phone conversation.
After that, the candidate will be required to take both a technical and writing test, which will be shared with them after the phone screen.
This will be followed by 1-3 interviews, over Google Meet. We will require candidates to be alone, in a quiet place (with no background noise). They must also have a fast & reliable internet connection. They will be required to take the call on a laptop with a camera, and have their technical test code ready for perusal. We recommend using Google Chrome to join the call, and strongly urge candidates to use headphones/earphones.
Please note that the evaluation process may take up to 6 hours
Software Development Engineer - Backend
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code Develop, Code or modify, test, and
debug application programs of varying degree of complexity.
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant
• Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server
side logic Implementation of security and data protection.
• Integration of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications:
• Experience in design and implementation of low-latency, high availability, high
performance applications capable of handling large scale distributed workloads
Expert in Java, with knowledge of Spring boot and Hibernate framework.
• Experience with Elasticsearch
• Knowledge of user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems,
servers, and environments.
• Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL/MySQL/Oracle.
• Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
• Understand lean approach with frequent releases and focussed on getting MVPs into
market as early as possible to increase feedback
• Passion for fast-paced and iterative software development
• Fast learner and open to working with new libraries/platforms
Nice to have:
• Experience developing in AWS/Azure/Google Cloud environments
• Solid understanding of Cloud PaaS / IaaS constructs and their APIs Understanding of
security products and secure coding techniques
1. Ability to read the documentation and perform 3rd party API integrations
2. Experience with Postgres and Redis
3. Experience with AWS - EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, etc
4. Experience with Python
1. Experience with Django
a. Django Web
b. Django REST
c. Django Channels
d. Django Celery (Queues and Brokers)
2. Experience creating a dashboard with login, user profiles, roles and permissions, reports
3. Experience with Facebook and Twitter OAuth
4. Experience with handling database migrations
1. Basic understanding of NLP - intents and entities
2. Strong understanding of dialogue management and conversation flow
3. Integrations with Facebook and Twitter APIs.
4. Creating and managing Facebook and Twitter apps
5. Understanding of webhooks and REST APIs.