BlueOptima’s vision is to become the global reference for the optimisation of the performance of Software Engineers across all industries. We provide industry-leading objective metrics in software development. We enable large organisations to deliver better software, faster and at lower cost, with technology that pushes the limits of what has been done before.
We are a global company which has consistently doubled in headcount and revenue YoY, with no external investment. We currently are located in 4 countries: London (our HQ), Mexico, India and the US. A total number of 180+ employees (and increasing every day) from 22 different nationalities and with over 25 languages spoken.
We promote an open minded environment and encourage our employees to create their own success story in this high performance environment.
Location: Bangalore/Gurgoan, India
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, with experience in developing scalable application components, which are remotely deployed and are used to extract and push large volumes of data in a data warehouse solution, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story.
We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, who is genuine, confident, committed and not only passionate about technology, but is keen to own the solution end to end, and most importantly excited to work in a fun and friendly start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while at the same time being able to mentor (and lead) other engineers by way of example to achieve excellence in their work.
Your team: You will be working with a diverse team with members located around our different offices, with whom you will be working hand-to-hand. This team is currently based in Gurgaon and we are now looking forward to growing it in Bangalore and mid next year to Mexico with the plan of building two teams in India (Gurgaon and Bangalore) and one in Mexico (Guadalajara).
We are looking for skilled and talented engineers to join our Data Analysis and Processing (DAP) team and directly contribute to development of application components built by the team.
The DAP team works on a business critical component which is responsible for collecting required source code interaction and static metrics data from client location, and processing the large volumes of data end to end. Remote deployment and the uptime requirements only makes this component one of the most complex standalone java applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the DAP team, you will be directly contributing to development of the Integrator and Central Server components using Spring Boot, Hibernate and Core Java. And while contributing directly to the development of the software components, you are also expected to lead and mentor a team of next generation platform engineers.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Analyse, Design, Develop, implement, test and maintain application software components
- Analyse client requirements and convert them into technical specs.
- Own development of features and improvement
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Identity and resolve architectural inefficiencies in design, and create a roadmap to resolving them
- Lead and mentor a team of junior developers
- Interact with internal client facing team and provide technical support to them
- Engage with clients to provide support on your component as and when required
What You Need to Succeed at BlueOptima:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE
- Minimum 2+ years experience with developing standalone Java applications
- Strong understanding of relational database, partitioning and indexing techniques, SQL
- Demonstrable experience in optimising application performance at database or any other layer
- Experience in creating high and low level design based on existing application architecture and documenting such design
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread-safe code
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and having a can-do attitude
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like SCRUM, Sprints, etc and leading a Scrum a small Scrum team
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Familiarity with Linux shell and related command line tools
- Strong grasp of Unit & Integration testing
Good to have:
- A team manager, in terms of handling people and delivery which is not a must in case of technical geeks
- Making sure that the sprints and tasks are completed on time with no spill-overs and sticking to the deadline
- Preferred experience on Spring boot,, Docker, Kubernetes
- Some exposure in Linux
Why join our team?
Culture and Growth:
- Global team with a creative, innovative and welcoming mindset.
- Rapid career growth and opportunity to be an outstanding and visible contributor to the company's success
- Freedom to create your own success story in a high performance environment
- Training programs and Personal Development Plans for each employee
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work from Home policy - 2 days home p/w
- Free drinks and snacks in the office
- International travel opportunities
- Global annual meet up (most recent meetups have been held in Cancun and India)
- High quality equipment (Ergonomic chairs and 32’ screens)
Location: Remote friendly (Permanent)
- 2+ years of experience in Development in JAVA technology.
- Strong Java Basics
- SpringBoot or Spring MVC
- Hands-on experience on Relational Databases (SQL query or Hibernate) + Mongo (JSON parsing)
- Proficient in REST API development
- Messaging Queue (RabitMQ or Kafka)
- Any Caching Mechanism
- Good at problem-solving
Good to Have Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in using Java/J2EE tech stacks
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced internet start-up environment.
- Experience in technical mentorship/coaching is highly desirable.
- Understanding of AI/ML algorithms is a plus.
non-metro and rural markets. DealShare has raised series C funding of USD 21 million with key investors like WestBridge Capital, Falcon Edge Capital, Matrix Partners India, Omidyar Network, Z3 Partners and Partners of DST Global and has a total funding of USD 34 million.They have 2 million customers across Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Delhi NCR with monthly transactions of 1.2 million and annual GMV of $100 million. Our aim is to expand operations to 100 cities across India and reach annual GMV of USD 500 Million by end of 2021.
They started in Sept 2018 and had 5000 active customers in the first three months. Today
we have 25K transactions per day, 1 Lakh DAU and 10 Lakh MAU with a monthly GMV of INR 100 Crores and 50% growth MoM. We aim to hit 2 Lakh transactions per day with an annual GMV of 500 Million USD by 2021.
We are hiring for various teams in discovery (search, recommendation, merchandising,
intelligent notifications) , pricing (automated pricing, competition price awareness, balancing revenue with profits, etc), user growth and retention (bargains, gamification), monetisation (ads), order fulfillment (cart/checkout, warehousing, last mile, delivery promise, demand forecasting), customer support, data infrastructure (warehousing, analytics), ML infrastructure (data versioning, model repository, model training, model hosting, feature store, etc). We are looking for passionate problem solvers to join us and solve really challenging problems and scale DealShare systems
● Implement the solve with minimal guidance after solutioning closure with senior engineers.
● Write code that has good low level design and is easy to understand, maintain, extend
● End to end ownership of product/feature from development to production and fixing
● Ensure high unit, functional and integration automated test coverage. Ensure releases
● Communicate with various stakeholders (product, QA, senior engineers) as necessary to
ensure quality deliverables, smooth execution and launch.
● Participate in code reviews, improve development and testing processes.
● Participate in hiring great engineers
● Bachelor’s degree (4 years) or higher in Computer Science or equivalent and 1-3 years
of experience in software development
● Excellent at problem solving, is a self thinker.
● Good understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms
and object oriented design.
● Good coding skills in any object oriented language (C++, Java, Scala, etc), preferably in
● Prior experience in building one or more modules of large-scale, highly available, low
latency, high quality distributed system is preferred.
● Extremely good at problem solving, is a self thinker.
● Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced timeline-driven environment.
● Good team player and ability to collaborate with others
● Self driven and motivated, very high on ownership
Is a plus
● Prior experience of working in Java
● Prior experience of using AWS offerings - EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway,
● Prior experience of working on big data technologies - Spark, Hadoop, etc
● Prior experience on asynchronous processing (queuing systems), workflow systems.
Java Developer Job Description
We are looking for a Java developer responsible for building Java applications.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Java, Rest API integration, JSON, XML, Oracle, Microservices, Agile Scrum.
- Experience in developing large-scale distributed systems.
- API knowledge
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, React native
- Experience: 04 to 10 years
- Salary: As Per Market
* Understanding of building architecture from product requirements.
* Experience of leading teams of developers to maximise performance.
* Knowledge of Multithreading, Thread Pooling, Background Jobs and Schedule Jobs with supporting tools and libraries.
* Working on Microservices based architecture using spring cloud, distributed application pattern and multiple data source management in the application.
* Working on Linux and Windows based OS and their command line tools.
* Working with unit testing frameworks.
* Object-Oriented development and Metaprogramming.
* Experience in working with the SQL Databases (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and No SQL. Databases (Cassandra or MongoDB).
* Knowledge of server configuration management and deployment techniques. Good to have experience in handling DevOps tools like Jenkins and containerization using Docker.
* Experience in working with different AWS cloud services.
- Develop high-fidelity C++ multithreaded simulation software
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Develop BIM software with UX in Unreal Engine
- Design, code and debug UI interfaces/architectures
- Work with structural engineers to develop new features and improve user experiences
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Provide strong technical leadership with a focus on continuous improvement
- Coordinate cross-functionally to insure project meets business objectives and compliance standards
Increasingly is an award-winning, fast-growing retail technology company focused specifically on the automation of cross-selling for online retailers.
Our clients include large global corporations like Samsung, Motorola & Canon to several small to medium size retailers across the globe. Our AI-based algorithms help a customer buying a TV on Samsung to find the matching sound bar & purchase both together.
Increasingly is headquartered in London with offices in Lisbon & Bangalore. We work with clients in over 30 countries & 20 languages.
We are looking to rapidly expand our technology & product development operations in India. And we need smart, ambitious people like you who enjoy a fun yet challenging work environment.
We believe strongly that diversity & inclusion are the foundations for a lasting, incredible culture. We also believe that it’s important to get the balance right between work & life.
The job and its impact
- You possess an appetite for problem-solving and critical thinking
- Back-end development is an inherently collaborative task. It can be made very difficult if there isn’t clear and concise communication within a dev team. You are a great communicator and a great developer
- You are always looking for new ways to be a better developer. You put an effort into learning and exploring the world of back-end development in your own time
- The back-end development sphere is as changeable and unpredictable as any in tech. You are someone who achieves comfort in You are aware of the tools and new technologies that are being introduced.
- You possess good technical communication skills: Can effectively communicate project needs with both front and back-end teammates
- High emotional intelligence: Self-aware and attuned to their peers’needs
- Be the best back-end developer by sheer discipline, motivation, and effort
What essential skills you need
- 2-3.5 years’ experience in back end Java/J2EE application development with clear understanding of Microservices
- Experience in developing internet web applications using Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience in different modules of Spring framework like Dependency Injection (IoC), Spring MVC, Spring ORM along with JPA
- Experience in Java Version 0+. Good experience with JMS, Spring & Hibernate
- Experience in identifying database solutions for a given problem, preferably MySQL (good to have)
- Develop well-structured, maintainable code, delivered on time, with automated tests. We are an XP/Agile development team
- Hands on experience in using Application/Web servers like JBoss and Tomcat servers. Worked on databases like Oracle & MYSQL
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, analytics, advertising, or media would be an
What are the benefits
- You'll get to work in one of the hottest & fastest growing retail technologies in Europe right now
- You'll get paid a competitive salary & be working directly with a super experienced team of people
- You'll get a great place to come to work every day. Varied, complex, challenging & with a great culture that you can shape & change
Increasingly in the press & our awards
Primary Location: Pune
● The candidate is expected to lead one of the key business areas end to end. This is pure
hands on role but he/she may need to mentor junior person in the team.
● Requirement gathering with business and get this prioritized in the sprint cycle.
● Come up with Project Architecture design and get the same approved from Tech Review
● Ensure quality and timely delivery.
Technical and Professional Requirements-
Required Tech Skills
● Very Strong fundamental of OOPs programming
● Very Strong at Java fundamentals, Multithreading, Streams
● Good understanding of Data Structure
● Good knowledge of any distributed caching /computing framework/tools
● Good at SQL query/optimization
Nice To Have (willing to learn)
● AWS Lambda (Serverless), Redis, Kinesis , Big Data , Sparx , spring boot , NoSQL
database , React Js, JMS/SQS , AWS Cloud, nodejs, python
● Well versed with latest technology stack on server side programming
● Good to have business knowledge of Loan management.
The candidate will be in a solution focused role responsible for providing xxxxx support, working both
independently on assigned projects, and collaboratively with other team members.
● Designing, coding and debugging of products, and features.
● Provide technical leadership to the team.
● Analyze and resolve technical queries that the team may have from time to time.
● Lead and mentor development team.
● Handle code reviews, setup guidelines for development.
● Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams such as Product Management, Business
● Development, and Operations.
● Work with frontend engineers to build features.
● Design rights solutions/architecture for products/features based on requirements, estimate efforts, and
manage the development.
● Manage and improve systems by innovating and implementing best practices.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities (X%)
The candidate will also be responsible for engineering management.
● Work with the product team to analyze business requirements.
● Do feasibility studies based on the requirements.
● Do sprint planning and management.
Please add on more points for responsibilities if more are required in same format(int) as above
● Minimum - Graduate. Technical streams would be preferred.
Experience and Skill Requirements
● Minimum 9 and maximum 12 years of relevant experience in Java/JEE or NodeJS, ExpressJS
technology for backend application development is preferred.
● 3 years of experience in architecture roles responsible for maintaining business / technology alignment.
● Excellent knowledge and skills in the areas of Java, Spring Boot, JSP/Servlet, J2EE design patterns,
App server & Web servers.
● Sound knowledge Web Services, REST (API Design & Development).
● Excellent knowledge of RDBMS, NoSQL databases like MySQL and Cassandra.
● Must have knowledge and experience of Microservices design, security designs, and best practices.
● Strong problem solving and analytical skills (especially around the areas of performance, scalability on
the above mentioned technologies)
● Knowledge of working with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc.
● Excellent understanding of standard protocols such as HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSL, etc.
● Excellent team management and mentorship skills.
Any Other Requirements
● Understanding of Linux systems like Ubuntu, Debian.
● Sound knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
● Sound knowledge of CDNs like CloudFront, Akamai, Cloudflare, etc.
● Experience in working in an Agile environment with good communication skills.
● Passion to learn new technologies and to upgrade versions of technology.
● Experience with project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc
Coding in Java8, Spring, Microservices, WebFlux/Reactive Programing, Rest services, Kafka, PCF, Azure, Spring Cloud Config and NoSQL technologies.
Solve technical problems using cutting-edge technologies and best practices.
Ensure code meets the required development standards and is optimized for performance.
Unit testing for each line of new code introduced (JUnit/Mockito)
Peer code review process using GIT pull requests and Crucible (for SVN)
Propose multiple solutions to a problem, show how one option is better than another.
Ensure all aspects of technical design are correctly incorporated.
Contribute in research and implementing POCs as required.
Collaborating with onsite team in scrum ceremonies.
Who you are:
Hands on experience on Java/J2EE programming, especially on Java 8 features
Experience using latest frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Rest, Spring Cloud Config and Webflux.
Experience in Microservices architecture & development
Experience with Test Driven Development
Experience with SQL on any of the RDBMS Oracle, PostgreSQL, My SQL
Exposure to NoSQL DB is added advantage, preferred MongoDb / Cassandra
Experience with any of the ORM frameworks Hibernate/iBatis, JDBC, JPA
Exposure to JMS Kafka, IBM MQ or Active MQ is good to have
Experience with JUNIT and any of the mocking frameworks Mockito, EasyMock, JMock
with hands on any one of the cloud platforms like PCF, Azure
Use of code repository tools like SVN, GIT
Exposure to any of the build and deployment tools like Gradle, Maven, Ant
Experience in CI/CD pipeline such as JENKINS
Experience using different design patterns, especially GoF, J2EE and Integration design patterns
Exposure to performance testing using JMeter is good to have
Ensuring the code meets the required development standards and is optimized for performance
Experience managing teams and deliveries
Providing technical design or approach for a business problem
Leading the team towards the right solution with expected quality and timelines
Experience with Agile practices
With good collaboration skills to coordinate with US based onsite team and client team.
Good team player and coordination skills
• Build data pipelines for structured/unstructured, real-time/batch, events/synchronous/asynchronous using MQ, Kafka, Steam processing using Java / Python
• Design the Data stores for Big Data systems with expertise in Cassandra, HBase
• Implementation of Indexing and Search using Elasticsearch
• Setup and Deployment of Cassandra, Elasticsearch clusters
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
• Strong hands-on experience with Cassandra, data modeling, data replication, clustering, indexing for handling for large data sets
• Experience with SQL, NoSQL, relational database design, and methods for efficiently retrieving data for Time Series Analytics
• Strong understanding of CQL, Data Modeling in-order to achieve highly performant data access
• Strong experience in data modeling in Cassandra to design efficient storage model to meet variety of business needs
• Should have Elasticsearch skill with significant experience working with large Elasticsearch clusters, cluster performance optimisation, capacity planning, enhancing monitoring capabilities for early issue detection, driving operational readiness and ongoing maintenance
• Strong hands-on experience of programming with Java / Python
• Ability to troubleshoot and investigate stability, performance issues