Job Profile: Software Development Engineer IV - iOS - StoreFront team
Location: Bangalore | Karnataka
ABOUT THE TEAM & ROLE:
Swiggy's StoreFront Engineering team helps customers enjoy personalized discovery and purchase experience across multiple product lines (Stores, Food, Genie and Instamart). The team is enabling this by developing thoughtfully crafted applications, smart cataloging, relevance-based search & intent-driven merchandising, checkout management solutions, and payment systems.
We are looking for engineers who have hands-on experience in building highly reliable distributed systems and have deep expertise in database design & performance tuning. Knowledge of Machine Learning and other Predictive Modeling techniques will be added strength. Few interesting problems we are solving include:
1. Client-facing Applications
2. Smart Catalog & Category Intelligence
3. Personalized Search & Merchandising experience
6. Order Management System
At Swiggy, SDE IV(s) play an integral role in owning end-to-end Design/Architecture of complex systems. They co-own the technology vision of the respective team and significantly contribute to the overall success of the team. They partner with the product/business teams to understand the product features and specifications, translate them into high level and low-level design thereby facilitating the team in design and development of mission critical applications.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Hands on experience in mobile application development for at least
- Hands on working experience in Swift
- Experience in multithreaded programming and memory optimization
- Ability to learn and grow in a fast paced setup
- Working knowledge of iOS Architectural Components and Design Patterns
- Very good debugging skills
- Good knowledge in implementing Pixel Perfect designs
- Good in Data Structures and Algorithm
What will you get to do here?
- Coming up with best practices to help the team achieve their technical tasks and continually thrive in improving the technology of the product/team
- Driving the adoption of best practices & regular Participation in code reviews, design reviews, architecture discussions
- Experiment with new & relevant technologies and tools, and drive adoption while measuring yourself on the impact you can create
- Implementation of long term technology vision for your team
- Responsible for complete architecture of your product
- Creating architectures & designs for new solutions around existing/new areas
- Decide technology & tool choices for your team & be responsible for them
Swiggy is India’s largest food ordering and delivery platform. With a vision of Changing the Way India Eats, the company has more than 25,000 active restaurants partners across eleven cities in the country. Swiggy’s innovative technology, large and nimble delivery service, and customer focus enable a host of benefits including lightning fast deliveries, live order tracking, no restrictions on minimum order amounts, and strong customer support.
Our primary focus is on customer experience thereby making our engagement metrics pretty uncanny for this industry. If you're crazy about solving problems that you face as a customer, come join us on this amazing ride!
The company is a leading multinational corporation which is primarily known for manufacturing building materials and most prominently, glass. The company is based in France and is listed on Euro Stoxx 50 stock market index. Started almost 350 years ago, It has established a worldwide market base. Apart from glass, it is also known for the production of ceramics, plastics, abrasives, gypsum plasterboards, packaging and countless other materials required in construction.
POSHN is a new and exciting India-based ag-fintech venture founded in 2020 and supported by leading financial institutions.
We’re on a mission to organise and digitally transform global agri-supply chain market. We are applying first principles thinking and re-imagining the solutions with a tech-product first mindset.
The agri-supply chain space is gigantic, complex and has been largely un-organised. So we are taking the hassle out of it by creating a platform that empowers our products and facilitates a better, efficient and seamless experience between each stakeholders.
Core team holds together alumni of BITS Pilani, IIM & XLRI with each having decade long experience in the fields of supply chain, technology and product. Previously, we have built several highly impactful tech-product startups from ground up.
About the role:
- You will work closely with the team, help define the product roadmap, and have a lot of room for flexibility. You are expected to gradually take responsibilities of the full mobile engineering stack at Poshn.
- You will use lean experimentation principles and techniques to develop digital experiments where you will help accelerate evidence based decision making to inform product, business and commercial decisions.
- You will work with the team of UX, Data engineering to ensure that product & service solutions truly address important customer needs and thus deliver superior customer and business value.
- You will take initiative to improve the system both at design and implementation level. As Poshn grows, you may also help with recruiting and training mobile engineering team.
- Designing and implementing core mobile application architecture.
- Working directly with founder to define the roadmap Interface with clients and help provide the best support for our product
- Ability to analyse the core business needs and to suggest the best approach
- Capturing and clearly articulating requirements: work closely with end customers in order to prioritise different working items
- Establishing implementation capabilities and limitations, performance requirements and interfaces for the end-user solution
- Carrying out solution testing: ensure efficient on-boarding processes for new clients; carry out root-cause analysis to develop logical conclusions and suggest alternatives
- Overall ownership of solution implementation: be in charge of assigned product, ensuring timely and efficient communication and solutions are delivered to plan
Career Experience we'd love to see:
- You have 4+ years of experience with software engineering. You have a solid software engineering background
- You have made major contributions to 3 or more mobile application projects. You have experience designing and shipping fully functional mobile applications.
- You understand the core engineering principles and agile methodologies and are also able to adapt them to a face pace working environment.
Technical Experience we’d love to see:
- Experience with setting up scalable mobile app architecture
- Proficient in languages such as Kotlin/Java/Flutter. Swift is plus
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Understanding of standard design principles and interface guidelines for Android/iOS
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Experience with modern software engineering practices: agile development cycle, coding style, engineering documentations, unit & integration testing, code review, git version control, etc..
Bonus Points/Nice to have:
- Published mobile apps on app store and play store.
- Experience with engineering hiring & training of engineers Interfacing and collaborating with B2B clients
- Experience Building deep learning models
- Any experience or knowledge of e-commerce & supply chain industry
- We want you to come with creativity, expertise, flexibility and drive, but above all a desire to learn and keep learning
- You enjoy designing and building complex software systems with multiple components and code bases.
- You enjoy taking responsibilities and ownership of tasks.
- Curious and a continuous hunger for learning and staying up to date with the latest solutions on the market
- Analytical mind Creativity, open-minded attitude
- Intuitive about how an idea can be turned to an actual working application that delivers value and meets customer needs.
- We offer a competitive salary and ESOPs to make sure you are rewarded for your best work
- Flexible hours and work arrangements either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office, suiting your home commitments.
- Generous leave
- Become one of the key team members of an exciting startup changing the agri-supply chain industry
- Open, fun and collaborative work culture
- Training and development to the areas of growth you’d like to uncover
- Autonomy at work
Role: Senior Android Engineer
Work Location: Bangalore-Full time (Work from Office)
Who are we and what do we do?
Digio is a fast growing,profitable product startup founded in 2016 by ex-Flipkart, Twitter folks, playing a key role in India’s Digital story.
The company is building software platforms and products to power business processes, to go paperless and digital in order to bring down cost overheads, time involved in erstwhile offline business processes, thereby being instrumental in increasing operational efficacy and human productivity along with enabling presence-less digital reach and super rich end user experience.
Digio is the market leader in India for Digital onboarding and has played a key role so far in enabling Digital Transformation in India by empowering a large part of the Indian eco-system specifically Fintech sector of India. Digio has been honored as the world's 100 most innovative Regtech companies by the World Fintech Forum.
You can view their website at https://www.digio.in or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Android Engineer at Digio your responsibilities will be:
- Drive Digio SDKs, Libraries, App development in Java, Kotlin and Flutter.
- Take care of performance and security Android level.
- Keep it crash free, modular, perfectly memory managed for mass level usage.
- Usage of Java based REST APIs and backend level developments.
- Drive Android level development as well around available AI, ML and Vision Android libraries.
- Education: B.Tech. (CS/IT) / B.Sc. (CS) / M.Tech. / MCA.
- Experience suitable to above mentioned requirements around Android. IOS experience is plus.
- Experience in creating Android Apps from scratch.
- Experience with Kotlin, Flutter. Experience with Dagger.
- Good low level and High level software design and architecture skills, experience of working with distributed environments.
- Have good understanding on Android and IOS internals and memory management.
- Fast learning abilities.
- 3-5 years of experience and at least 2 years working with product company.
Years of Experience:4-6 Years
Work Location: Bangalore
Notice:Immediate to 15 Days(Max)
4+ years of experience in IOS Development.
Strong 3 Years of experience in Swift.(Mandatory)
Good knowledge in Flutter.
Strong analytical skills combined with experience in Object Oriented Programming (OOPS) concepts and Cocoa touch and iOS SDK.
Proficient with Objective-C and Swift (depending on project requirements)
Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data.
Familiarity with Restful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools (such as Instruments and Shark, depending on project needs).
Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, bit bucket.
Familiarity with continuous integration.
Universal application development for both iPhone and iPad.
Be able to build mobile applications to connect to middleware and applications through web services.
Have excellent knowledge about the performance optimization of mobile applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must be self-driven and motivated
- Proficient in writing quality, efficient and performant code for iOS app, using Swift
- Follow right architecture and design patterns
- Aware of the agile working environment
- Document design/technical guidelines and spread knowledge across teams
- Responsible for self/peer code reviews
- Viable suggestions with clear understanding of iOS fundamentals
(Must have skills)
- Swift (1+ years)
- iOS Fundamentals
- MVVM/VIPER (1+ year)
- SOLID principles
- Third party integrations likes google map, firebase, Analytics
- Know about push notification & deep linking
(Good to have Skills)
- Swiftgen or any other dependency injection framework
- Core Data
- Performance Optimization (Launch time, App Size, Network)
- XCTest or any other UT framework
- Solved a core level problem (at least 1)
- Have built your own library
- Any apps that have been submitted to app store
- Work closely with various people and teams throughout the entire app development cycle (concept, design, build, deploy & test) in an agile environment.
- Design and build applications for the Android platform.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like Git.
- Maintain and update the existing mobile app.
- This position reports to the Team Leader - Technology.
- An Graduate in IT or Post graduate or Engineer in IT; with 4+ years’ of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Flutter is a must.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, decision making and technical ability.
Founded by IIT Kharagpur and Kanpur alumni, Pocket FM has grown to 2M+ users with deep engagement of 90 minutes time spent per user per day. We are a Series A funded start-up backed by some of the marquee investors like Tencent, Lightspeed, and others.
Who you are
2-5 Years of experience in product development with expertise in designing and implementing high-performance applications for mobile (Android, iOS).
Proficiency in Problem Solving and Data structures.
Expert understanding of iOS and Android native platforms and corresponding frameworks is a must.
Proficient in Design patterns and principles.
Amazing debugging skills with the ability to write unit test cases.
Good communication and interpersonal skills & focus on quality & velocity
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proficiency in Android / Swift with Cocoa Touch
- Knowledge of Google Play store Guide lines with Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Familiar with Android Studio with iOS SDK (UIKit, Core Data, Core Location, etc.)
- Knowledge of (JSON, XML, SOAP, REST) with Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect
- Android and iOS applications to back-end services.
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Must have sound knowledge in react native.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- Experience with source control systems (Subversion,Git)
- Preference for Mobile App development using React native.
Starting out, we are building a platform to consult with our ‘Astro-advisors’ and engage in
wellness-focused activity-led content, called activity packs offered post consult. The packs will contain a wide range of activities like meditation, yoga, chants, affirmations, gratitude journaling, and other astrology related remedies. Over time we will expand to other advisors as well. A differentiated and highly trained supply and our content IP will be the two pillars of the business.
Aniket Lila, Co-Founder, CEO
• Investment Team at Nexus Venture Partners (largest homegrown VC in India, an early
investor in companies like Zomato, Snapdeal, Unacademy, Delhivery, Whitehat Jr, Postman, Druva)
• Corporate Development, Albertsons (2nd largest grocery store retailer in the US)
• BSc from Northwestern University, US
We are a team of 5 across product, content, ops, and business.
We have closed a seed round from Nexus Venture Partners, Titan Capital (Snapdeal
founders) and high-value angels like Srini (Elance / Upwork), Ramakant (Livspace) and Vinay (President, Jio) and Farid (Sharechat). We are in stealth and currently building the first version of the product and hiring a kickass team.
We are looking for a hands-on lead mobile developer (iOS & Android) to join our core team with experience in building products from scratch into large-scale platforms and solving business problems leveraging new and innovative technology.
Roles and responsibilities:
● Design and build advanced applications for the React Native platform working
individually and in a team
● Work as per the defined project priorities and project schedules to complete the
assigned projects within allotted timelines
● Interact with the cross-functional team for the day to day development tasks and hurdles
● Adhere to agile development methodologies
● Maintain the quality and security of the assigned development tasks by applying the best design and development guidelines as defined in the project
Experience you MUST have:
Apps Development using progressive web technologies for both iOS & Android.
● Built progressive apps using GUI Camera, GPS API, Maps API, Services, and
SQLite database programming.
● Using client apps for version control systems like SVN, Git, etc
● Code review tools/applications like Gerrit, code collaborator, JIRA
● Web services integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
● Working with third-party libraries, APIs and on projects run as per Agile
● Good knowledge in socket programming, device communication, Design
patterns, and writing unit test cases (This is a plus)
● Knowledge in In-App purchase, Push Notifications and publishing end-to-end apps
on Google PlayStore and Apple App Store.
● Experience in video streaming and call / chat-based products is a big plus
● Experience in working with global remote teams is a plus
Skills/mindset you MUST have:
● Product-first thinking - Break complex problems into implementable solutions with
an iterative mindset using the product
● Whole-brain problem solving - Uses right and left sides of the brain effectively -
Strong business judgment and analytical acumen with creative thinking
● Thrives in chaos - Comfortable with ambiguity but loves defining the boundaries
and parameters and getting shit done
● Communicate, care, inspire - Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - be
a leader and a team player
● Always push the bar - Strive for excellence in whatever you do, take ownership
and responsibility for outcomes
● Build fast, fail, learn, HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE
● Want to have fun - if you are not happy and people around you are not happy, how
will we make the world a happier place? :)
● Curious and spiritual soul - Understanding of market and experience with
astrology, yoga, mediation, Art of Living, Isha Yoga would be a good plus
Why Astrology? $10B market with a target audience of 200M with 2M astrologers. Astrology is a 4,000-year-old trusted belief system which gives probabilistic insights into the future. People go to astrologers with problems (love and career majorly). They are at low points in their lives and are seeking help. They need guidance and motivation. Just like religion, astrology too gives us hope and brings positivity in our lives.
We want to bring a breath of fresh air to the industry and disrupt the industry using technology and product-first thinking. We want to build a trusted, positive, and relevant wellness brand for today’s audience and build the largest spiritual lifestyle brand in India.
1. Design Patterns MVC, MVVP, MVVM (MVC != Massive View Controller )
2. Data Structures and Algorithms
3. Writing bridge code in Swift.
4. Backrground jobs
5. VOIP Notifications
7. Using NIB files
In addition, you should be open to learning and able to challenge yourself and push yourself to accompish more in less time
Other skills include
1. Being a team player.
2. Being a good person