Primary Skill: System Software Development
Skill sets req:
- Linux porting/development; Linux kernel concepts
- Expertise in Linux BSP device driver development
- Customizing kernel + Porting + Developing Applications Linux Device Driver Development (Character devices) Good Concepts of Network Drivers File Systems Concepts
- Expertise in porting, network stack; optimization, network programming
- Bootloader/Uboot porting
- Camera driver development (Good to have)
About VVDN Technologies
Perform analysis, design and implementation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, processes, and product / program requirements
Engage with global teams to effectively translate customer requirements to software requirements and identify potential solutions that are optimized to operate with in constraints of the product
Troubleshoot variety of complex software problems
Provide timely status updates and proactive communications on issues to the stakeholders.
Able to interface with internal and external stake holders regarding software issues.
Contribute as part of teams put together to meet overall organization initiatives/objectives
As a technical lead,
Guide team efforts towards successful deliverables.
Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
Able to effectively manage escalations and operate under crisis
Have the ability and willingness to acquire in-depth understanding of domain and existing products (beyond software) and apply that knowledge to develop new products and to deliver enhancements/ fixes for customer requirements.
Background in Industrial Automation
Prior experience in supervisory control systems software
Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Science/Information Science/Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation with strong back ground in Industrial automation software
Strong C, C+ programming on variety of Windows platforms using Microsoft technologies
Sound knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals data structures, algorithms, operating system concepts
Excellent analytical skills, methodical problem-solving skills and troubleshooting skills
Prior experience of working in global teams and interfacing with multiple stake holders
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to interact with extended teams spread across the globe.
ı Develop R&D signaling scenarios for 5G and LTE mobile
testing using a proprietary python based framework
ı Log analysis & script verification with customer prototypes
ı Engineering Graduate [Computer science or Telecom ]
ı Knowledge of any one protocol layer is must – NAS ,
RRC , RLC , MAC , PHY
ı Good understanding of 5G or LTE protocol domain
ı At least 2 years experience with any programming
language - C / C++ / Python
ı Experience using version control like GIT, Clear case
ı 8 to 12 years in telecom domain
ı Excellent communication skill to work on customer
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing high-quality WIFI applications. They will also be responsible for designing and implementing testable and scalable code.
Job requirement and Skills
- Embedded development in C/C++ on Linux
- Experience with WiFI chipsets (Atheros / Qualcomm / Broadcom)
- Worked with WiFi drivers and WiFi stack
- Strong debugging skills
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience
- Educational Qualifications: BE/ME
- Experience developing RRM, SON features in WiFi will be great .
You would be part of:
- Designing/Improvement of new/existing architectures of distributed computing with subcomponents of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS).
- Working/Researching with industrial state of the art sensor systems and modules, and developing drivers (HAL or wrapper) and applications around their usage.
- Design and implementation of communication protocols between different subcomponents of UAS for distributed computing.
- Writing Applications and Drivers from the scratch for (embedded)linux based systems.
- Scripting and automations around work flows of UAS usage.
- Working with existing sophisticated software stacks of subcomponents of UASs.
- Working closely with electronics, design and systems teams for architecture development and deployment.
- Working closely with Flight Controller engineers to do collaborative development of UAVs.
We expect you to be:
- Experienced in hands-on development of complex embedded systems involving multiple microcontrollers or SoCs.
- Very good in analytical abilities to be able to do core research and development activities.
- Able to write low level drivers (wrapper or core) from the scratch.
- Very comfortable reading and understanding datasheets and reference manuals of microcontrollers, peripherals, sensors etc.
- Able to understand existing complex embedded software stack written in C/C++.
- Solid in C.
- Good in C++.
- Comfortable with using hardware debuggers.
- Having Hands-On experience with RTOS concepts like scheduling, threads synchronicity , race conditions etc.
- Having Solid understanding of interrupt mechanisms.
- Experienced in working with different hardware protocols like SPI, I2C, UART, PWM, CAN, USB etc.
- Having Solid understanding of interrupts architecture of ARM based microcontrollers like STM32, LPC etc.
- Having Good understanding of the concept of bootloaders.
- Able to multitask.
- A self-motivated and motivating personality who can work well independently as well as part of a team
- Having good interpersonal and soft skills who can adapt to the work environment while manifesting a good positive attitude
You are awesome if you are:
- Experienced in Linux Device Driver development.
- Having good exposure of working on and understanding of any sensor modules like GPS, LIDAR etc.
- Experienced in data filtering techniques (Example: Kalman filter)
WLAN Linux Device Driver development (802.11ax preferred)
- WLAN Debugging
- WLAN Firmware development (802.11ac, 802.11n)
- Networking/Wireless Domain knowledge
- Hostapd, Supplicant
- Cross compiling/porting experience
- Performance optimization & Firmware enhancements
Must have Skills:
- 1-10 years of experience in Embedded Software Design, Implementation and testing
- Good knowledge of C or C++
- Basic knowledge in Scripting (Shell, Perl or Python)
- Proficiency in Problem Solving and Debugging skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience with version control e.g. GIT
- Basic experience of working in Linux OS
- Network Drivers
- WLAN Protocol Knowledge – 11n, 11ac
- WLAN Linux Device Drivers
- Hostpad, Supplicant
- WLAN Debugging
- Fluent in English
Desired Candidate Details:
- Design, development, and maintenance
- WLAN Stack development and debugging
- Feature Enhancements, Applications, Tools for SDKs
- Basic module level unit testing, System testing
- Providing support to technical documentation team and field application engineers
- Close collaboration with the Chipset Vendor on the Software Development
- Participations in the Product design and Software Design Documentation – High level / Module level / Low level design
- Troubleshooting software and architectural issues
We are looking for a seasoned Wireless LAN Software Engineer to join our Wireless & Networking team in Chennai, Pollachi, Kochi (Cochin), Gurugram, Manesar, Bengaluru (Bangalore). The candidate must be an experienced Engineer and a good team player, who will work on Wireless software solutions which will enable us to develop the products for our customers quickly with industry leading quality. Working with Embedded Software in agile development projects, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining software of Wireless Access Point and Router Products including Module design, Development, JIRA Updates and Unit testing of the Software that is meeting industry standards, creating demos of the solution and customer support.
- Develop embedded Linux Applications
- Work with a worldwide team to integrate the product to meet the requirement
- Degree in Computer Science from a top-tier institution
- Relevant full-time work experience of 4+years
- Strong foundation in computer science, Object-Oriented software, unit testing & test automation with scripts
- Ability to self-teach.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Expert level programming in C/C++
- Linux systems programming, data structures & algorithms
- Networked applications
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Linux Board Bring up, device drivers would be an advantage
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, Roles and responsibilties:
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering or related technology field
- 10+ Years of Experience in Software Development
- Experience in writing code for embedded systems, Proficient in C/C++ coding and intel DPDK
- Understanding of network interface drivers
- Experience with VMware, AWS, MSAzure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge of micro services and containerization
- Experience in building Networking Security Products
- Knowledge of Networking, TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Design, code embedded features/solutions for the ShieldX Product
- Design write, extend and troubleshoot datapath code for switching, routing, NAT, TCP and TLS
- Work closely with other development , Product and Test Teams
- BS/MS in Computer Engineering or related technology field
- Excellent communication and Team player skills
- Should be a self-starter and be able to adopt to dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Able to work 40 hours a week