Starting out, we are building a platform to consult with our ‘Astro-advisors’ and engage in
wellness-focused activity-led content, called activity packs offered post consult. The packs will contain a wide range of activities like meditation, yoga, chants, affirmations, gratitude journaling, and other astrology related remedies. Over time we will expand to other advisors as well. A differentiated and highly trained supply and our content IP will be the two pillars of the business.
Aniket Lila, Co-Founder, CEO
• Investment Team at Nexus Venture Partners (largest homegrown VC in India, an early
investor in companies like Zomato, Snapdeal, Unacademy, Delhivery, Whitehat Jr, Postman, Druva)
• Corporate Development, Albertsons (2nd largest grocery store retailer in the US)
• BSc from Northwestern University, US
We are a team of 5 across product, content, ops, and business.
We have closed a seed round from Nexus Venture Partners, Titan Capital (Snapdeal
founders) and high-value angels like Srini (Elance / Upwork), Ramakant (Livspace) and Vinay (President, Jio) and Farid (Sharechat). We are in stealth and currently building the first version of the product and hiring a kickass team.
We are looking for a hands-on lead mobile developer (iOS & Android) to join our core team with experience in building products from scratch into large-scale platforms and solving business problems leveraging new and innovative technology.
Roles and responsibilities:
● Design and build advanced applications for the React Native platform working
individually and in a team
● Work as per the defined project priorities and project schedules to complete the
assigned projects within allotted timelines
● Interact with the cross-functional team for the day to day development tasks and hurdles
● Adhere to agile development methodologies
● Maintain the quality and security of the assigned development tasks by applying the best design and development guidelines as defined in the project
Experience you MUST have:
Apps Development using progressive web technologies for both iOS & Android.
● Built progressive apps using GUI Camera, GPS API, Maps API, Services, and
SQLite database programming.
● Using client apps for version control systems like SVN, Git, etc
● Code review tools/applications like Gerrit, code collaborator, JIRA
● Web services integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
● Working with third-party libraries, APIs and on projects run as per Agile
● Good knowledge in socket programming, device communication, Design
patterns, and writing unit test cases (This is a plus)
● Knowledge in In-App purchase, Push Notifications and publishing end-to-end apps
on Google PlayStore and Apple App Store.
● Experience in video streaming and call / chat-based products is a big plus
● Experience in working with global remote teams is a plus
Skills/mindset you MUST have:
● Product-first thinking - Break complex problems into implementable solutions with
an iterative mindset using the product
● Whole-brain problem solving - Uses right and left sides of the brain effectively -
Strong business judgment and analytical acumen with creative thinking
● Thrives in chaos - Comfortable with ambiguity but loves defining the boundaries
and parameters and getting shit done
● Communicate, care, inspire - Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills - be
a leader and a team player
● Always push the bar - Strive for excellence in whatever you do, take ownership
and responsibility for outcomes
● Build fast, fail, learn, HUSTLE HUSTLE HUSTLE
● Want to have fun - if you are not happy and people around you are not happy, how
will we make the world a happier place? :)
● Curious and spiritual soul - Understanding of market and experience with
astrology, yoga, mediation, Art of Living, Isha Yoga would be a good plus
Why Astrology? $10B market with a target audience of 200M with 2M astrologers. Astrology is a 4,000-year-old trusted belief system which gives probabilistic insights into the future. People go to astrologers with problems (love and career majorly). They are at low points in their lives and are seeking help. They need guidance and motivation. Just like religion, astrology too gives us hope and brings positivity in our lives.
We want to bring a breath of fresh air to the industry and disrupt the industry using technology and product-first thinking. We want to build a trusted, positive, and relevant wellness brand for today’s audience and build the largest spiritual lifestyle brand in India.
- Hands on experience with React Native is required
- Hands on experience on Android in creating Hybrid / Native applications
- Demonstrable UI/UX experience on a large-scale app.
- Thorough understanding of React Native development tools like IDEs (Nuclide, Atom, Sublime Text, or Visual
- Good knowledge of JS frameworks like ReactJS is a plus.
Desired Skills and Experience
Converts into a full time ‘Mobile App. Developer’ position based on performance
A Mobile App (Flutter) Developer, for an early-stage Analytics startup who can help us translate Product Design into a high performing and scalable app across platforms. Also help in improving design/functionality of product. End goal is to achieve product-market objectives
The candidate will have rich learning into what goes into developing, scaling a product from scratch. A chance to grow into a Application Development Owner in medium-long term
- Own Mobile App Development closely with Product Owner
- Create multi-platform apps for iOS and Android using Google's Flutter framework.
- Design, implement and maintain product modules/sub-systems.
- Perform bug verification, release testing and support for assigned products.
- Conduct unit testing and integration testing.
- Make sure the delivered product matches the business requirements.
Expectations from candidate
- Ability: Good at logical thinking, problem solving
- Inclination: Curious and strong willingness to learn from problems, write good code
- Knowledge: Basics of Mobile App Development (Some academic degree/certification or Prior experience/Projects preferred), Data visualization
- Tool/Framework: Flutter
- Interest in product focused work in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Attitude: We are looking for a person with an owner mindset who can partner with us in building our product with a lot of commitment. We like people who are curious problem solvers and are interested in learning with us and working hard.
What we offer
- Great culture focused on outcomes through learning and experimentation
- Mentoring by experienced professionals from pedigreed backgrounds (IIT/IIMs)
- Growth, ownership, and flexibility to achieve your goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Must be self-driven and motivated
- Proficient in writing quality, efficient and performant code for iOS app, using Swift
- Follow right architecture and design patterns
- Aware of the agile working environment
- Document design/technical guidelines and spread knowledge across teams
- Responsible for self/peer code reviews
- Viable suggestions with clear understanding of iOS fundamentals
(Must have skills)
- Swift (1+ years)
- iOS Fundamentals
- MVVM/VIPER (1+ year)
- SOLID principles
- Third party integrations likes google map, firebase, Analytics
- Know about push notification & deep linking
(Good to have Skills)
- Swiftgen or any other dependency injection framework
- Core Data
- Performance Optimization (Launch time, App Size, Network)
- XCTest or any other UT framework
- Solved a core level problem (at least 1)
- Have built your own library
- Any apps that have been submitted to app store
Designation: Sr. Software Engineer – React Native
Work Location: Chennai/Bangalore
- 4 - 8 years of experience in development with minimum 2 years in react native.
- Should have min 2+ years of Hands-on experience in React Native development.
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux
- Good understanding of Android/ iOS design guidelines, SDK.
- Exposure to building React Native components in native iOS and Android.
- Solve complex technical, scalability or performance challenges.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, Gitlab.
B.E/B.Tech (CS/IT/ECE), MSc (CS), MCA
We are looking for key contributors to our industry leading iOS app. You'll be working on a product that has evolved tremendously over the past few years to become a global market leader - but still has a lot of room to grow. You’ll be using the most current technologies and best practices to accomplish our goals. Our typical day involves the creation of new end to end systems, building advanced architectures, creation of new features on our high uptime / frequently published App, development of fast and reliable automated testing systems and working in a culture that is always looking to improve our quality, tools, and efficiency.
In this Role, you'll get to:
▪ Lead development of features, experiments, technical projects and complex systems ▪ Lead and mentor other technical team members ▪ Learn additional mobile team related software platforms and related technologies such as Android and API Servers/GraphQL ▪ Continue to evolve our architecture and build better software in advanced Swift ▪ Be a major contributor to our Agile and Scrum practices ▪ Get involved with full stack engineering and collaborate with server, other client, and infrastructure technical team members to build the best solution
What you'll Need to Succeed:
What is the role?
We are looking for a hands-on Android Developer to join our mobile team. The apt applicant must have Android software development skills, a passion for delivering high-quality, rock-solid apps. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java and Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
What are we looking for?
An enthusiastic individual with the following skills. Please do not hesitate to apply if you do not match all of it. We are open to promising candidates who are passionate about their work and are team players.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science and minimum 4 years of Software Development experience- Knowledge of Mobile automation and experience on platforms such as espresso
- Knowledge of application profiling and performance monitoring tools such as Android profiler, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.
- Excellent coding skills in an object-oriented language such as Java and Kotlin.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Have published at least one original Android app.- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
Whom will you work with?
You will be working with top-quality engineers who have built one of the best employee engagement SaaS platforms. You will be reporting to AVP Engineering and working closely with the Architect and other leads.
What can you look for?
A wholesome opportunity in a fast-paced environment that will enable you to juggle between concepts, yet maintain the quality on content, interact and share your ideas and have loads of learning while at work. Work with a team of highly talented young professionals and enjoy the benefits of being at Xoxoday.
A fast-growing SaaS commerce company based in Bangalore with offices in Delhi, Mumbai, SF, Dubai, Singapore and Dublin. We have three products in our portfolio: Plum, Empuls and Compass. Xoxoday works with over 1000 global clients. We help our clients in engaging and motivating their employees, sales teams, channel partners or consumers for better business results.
We look forward to connecting with you. As you may take time to review this opportunity, we will wait for a reasonable time of around 3-5 days before we screen the collected applications and start lining up job discussions with the hiring manager. We however assure you that we will attempt to maintain a reasonable time window for successfully closing this requirement. The candidates will be kept informed and updated on the feedback and application status
Mandatory: Hands on experience working with Java or Kotlin. Very strong logical skills. Good hold on operating system concepts and data structure. Experience with web services , SQL Lite , camera kit , image caching concepts, keychain , past experience working with one of the design patterns like MVC / MVVM / MVP , network check implementation.
Good to have: Rx-Swift experience , video / image filter experience , media player usage , complex UX effects , couch-db , RealM.Knowledge of GIT management , Continuous Integration and Continuous Development practices.
Soft Skills: Strong communication skills , high spirited , eager to learn , able to perform in a high pressure environment
- Strong working experience in IOS application development is a must. First-hand experience of native mobile apps using Swift must.
- Experience with Swift, RxSwift, Swift UI, Unit test.
- Strong system design and architecture skills - specifically for IOS. Curiosity to tinker around, explore new paradigms and strongest for continuous improvement. Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of network connections, Rest API'sand scheduling. Strong knowledge about security standards (e.g. HTTPS) and privacy standards.
- Idea/experience of the unit and instrumentation testing in IOS. Optimizing app performance and memory consumption.
- Leveraging community libraries to efficiently complete development tasks.
- Debugging apps using simulators and related tooling.
- Persisting data for offline-first apps using databases such as Realm.
- Localizing apps to support multiple languages and regions, vernacular libraries and fonts.
- Familiar with Version control system such as GIT.