Software Engineer for Java
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong with Java programming and Java Servlets.
- Proficient in API design and development using RESTful services (JSON, XML etc)
- Source code management using GIT
- Knowledge in Mongo DB and SQL or any equivalent No-SQL and Relational databases.
- Experience in Node JS would be an added advantage.
• Participate in the requirements analysis, design, development and testing of applications.
• Scale distributed applications, make architectural trade-offs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality.
• Optimize APIs for any applications while creating and maintaining unit tests for new code as well as fix defects.
• Works on the web application layer, backend, systems, streaming and other associated technology to build our product and components.
• Participate in the continuous integration of automated builds and deployments, ensuring that deliverables meet functional and design requirements and specifications of the site/software.
• Participate in a culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and collaborating closely with other people.
• Work with engineering leadership in solving and architecting solutions for challenging or complex site/software development issues.
• Take initiatives in developing and maintaining integrations of best practices within the backend department.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or a related discipline) as well as work experience of 5+ years.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, storage technologies, distributed computing, operating systems, etc.
• Experience in designing and implementing scalable solutions in a large-scale distributed environment.
• Robust and defensive coding skills using Java/Golang or any other Object-Oriented Programming Language.
• Strong knowledge of RDBMS and any other NoSQL database technologies (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo etc).
• Experience with building self-healing, automatic fault detection and recovery mechanisms is good to have.
- Experience in Java and associated technologies Core Java, JSP, Spring, Struts,RESTful Services,SOAP,Tomcat, Hibernate, Maven
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts
- Proficient understanding of RDBMS Concepts
- Strong understanding of Databases Oracle / MSQL / MySQL etc and PL/SQL Programming
A 'Software Engineer II' is a young member of our software development teams. As an engineer you will develop highly scalable services which enable online bookings, payment transactions and personalized messaging to millions of customers who book their travel with Yatra.com. This career establishing role exposes you to complex programming skills, design patterns and DevOps practices. Therefore, the role requires you to demonstrate ability to quickly learn a programming language and framework that you can use to build an A class service. Alongwith, the role also requires very good analytical skills, ability to debug problems in an existing piece of code and work with other team members in a collaborative environment. This stage of career exposes you to independent contributor role where you are expected to work on specific problems in an independent manner with minimal assistance.
● Design and development of highly robust and scalable applications in a large-scale distributed systems environment
● Translating business requirements into system design
● Ownership of key software modules, which would involve product enhancements and maintenance of existing functionality.
● Effective debugging of issues and associated fixing in a time-critical atmosphere
● Interact with peers across product domains for cross-platform development
Please note: Following traits/skills are required for performing this role. We are looking for the best combination of skills and experience in an individual. Therefore, not all skills are expected from a single individual. You can apply if you have similar skills even if not exactly the same.
● Spring Boot/
● Test Driven Development or Behavior Driven Development
● Functional Programming/
● Design Patterns/
● Event Driven Systems
Other Essential Skills
● Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving abilities
● Possess a sound understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and services-oriented architecture
● Passion for writing high-quality code in an object-oriented language
1 to 3 Years
People Management Skills
● Be a young, energetic member of the team
● Ability to work with minimal assistance
● Ability to seek feedback, opinions and ideas to self orient with minimal assistance and also help others to orient as well. Must believe in proactive learning and collaborative working style.
● Ability to bring energy, excitement and positive vibes to the team. Ability to self motivate and inspire others.
● Ability to learn and share knowledge with others - lead by example.
● Excellent Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening skills in English and any one regional Indian language
● Excellent ability articulate a point of view and effectively communicate to team members
● Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
● Diploma or PG Diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
● Masters Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications
Relevant Work Experience
● Software Consulting/Professional Services/Product Development
● Travel Industry (Online Travel Agency - OTAs)
1. Exploratory Discussion
3. Round 1 (Core Skills, Assignment Evaluation)
4. Round 2 (Soft Skills, Leadership, People Management)
5. Round 3 (Behavioral, Special Situations, General)
6. HR evaluation, compensation discussion
7. Offer for employment, Q&A
8. Acceptance and joining logistics
JAVA SPRING BOOT DEVELOPER - Immediate Joiners
Work Experience: 4-7 years
Work location: Hyderabad
Must Have Skills: Spring Boot
Desired Candidate Profile
Proficiency in core Java & Spring framework
Expertise in Web Service technologies.
Excellent knowledge in Databases and code integrations such as Postgres SQL, SQL Server, MySQL
Experience with Java Spring Boot, Hibernate Cloud Services, AWS, S3, Server-less lambda functions
Experience with security principles and frameworks
Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token and OAuth2 - Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, etc.
Essential skills are Core Java/J2EE, functional aspects, Spring Framework, Swagger, Tomcat, SVN, Git, Postman/Newman.
Should have worked in Agile methodologies.
Good object oriented and problem solving skills.
Strong communication skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and develop features using Java, Spring, and Hibernate
- Ability to design database schema, develop views and stored procedures
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Review and analyse business requirements and provide technical feasibility and estimates
- Coordinate the workflow between the UX team and front end developers
- 4-7 years of work experience developing Java-based backend applications
- Around 2 year of work experience using Spring Boot, Spring Cloud and Microservices
- Bachelor degree in computer science, or information technology, or other related field of study
As an SDE, you will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with development teams and own the architecture and end-to-end delivery of software components.
- Exp: 3 - 8 years.
- 4 + years' experience building successful production software systems.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field).
- The ability to take convert raw requirements into good design while exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Expertise in System design (design patterns, LLD, HLD, Solid principle, OOAD, Distributed systems etc. ), Architecture (MVC/Micro services).
- Excellence in technical communication.
- Has experience in mentoring other software developers.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality, innovative application.
- Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability services.
- The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator.
- He/she should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
- He/she needs to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
- He/she needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgme.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language.
- Experience in SQL or Non-SQL database.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good understanding of at least some of the modern programming languages (Java) and open-source technologies
Role & Responsibilities:
Handle multiple products/modules simultaneously, lead the team in development and support
Lead development teams
Daily updates to customers and Product Managers/Delivery Managers
Participate in design discussions
Design and Architect small modules
Effort estimations for modules, subsystems or use cases.
Learn new skills and mentor the new team members
Champion best practices within the team, including code reviews
Work Experience & Skills:
B.E/B.Tech or any relevant Masters degree from reputed college.
Strong 5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring IOC, Spring Annotations, Spring, JDBC, Jquery, Java script, HTML 5 and CSS
Strong experience in Postgres or any SQL technology
Experience with working on Tomcat, Apache, JBoss or any similar application server
Should have 3+ years of experience in leading team.
Good experience in JSON / RESTful API / Web Services.
Experience in working on Agile methodology using Scrum and sprints
Experience in using build tools, Maven, GIT, Bugzilla or similar tools.
Experience in cloud technologies, Microservices and frameworks such as AWS or GPC,
container technologies like Docker is a plus.
Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired
Experience in Microservices, SpringBoot and Angular is a plus.
Experience with tuning deployed applications for scalability and performance.
Good knowledge of deployment and scripting on Linux/Unix servers
Strong technical documentation skills.
Good oral and written communication skills
Years of Exp : 4 - 8yrs
Job Location: Mumbai/Bangalore
We are looking for a Sr. Back end web developer/Lead passionate towards building high
performance web applications which can scale for B2C businesses. We are looking for
self-driven individuals who love to find innovative solutions and can perform under pressure. An eye for details and being proud of produced code are the must have attributes for this job.
●You will be responsible for converting Product team requirements to modular, testable and efficient code.
●You will be required to design and implement data storage solutions (Databases, caching
●You will also be required to cater to NFRs related to security and performance.
●At least 5 years of experience in working on NodeJS/Java/Ruby
●Proficiency in RDBMS such as MySQL/PostgreSQL.
●Experience of building/deploying applications on AWS is a definite advantage.
●Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries like Sequelize is required.
●Experience in some NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB/Elasticsearch/Redis Cache etc) is a definite plus.
●Good understanding on architectural patterns (e.g. MVC) is required.
●Good communication and analytical skills are the basic needs for this role.
●An urge to create awesome applications that people will enjoy using is a must.
●Other technologies : MySQL , Redis, AWS, Microservices, REST API .
●AWS or some cloud experience.
●Should have built web application technology.
●Should have understanding of DevOps and Database.
●Should have done application performance tuning.
●Engineering graduates from Tier I or II institutes.
●B.E/ B.Tech/ MCA/ ME/ M.Tech
- Candidate should have Good Communication and Presentation Skills.
- Candidate should have very Good Logical and Analytical Skills
- Candidate should have Programmatic and Management Skills
- An understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle as well as the business approach for the product.
- Ability to work in a team as well as an individual
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Knowledge of open source tools and utilities
- Ability to understand Project Requirements