We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing existing ruby on rail projects and any future interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating and building the front-end elements required by our team into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions (may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.)
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Be an individual contributor and a team player.
- Be able to lead a development project from scratch to execution.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting existing web applications.
- Creating back-end components.
- Connecting applications with additional web servers.
- Maintaining APIs.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim, etc which will keep on changing based on our technology stack.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors such as Sass, based on project requirements
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration, CICD pipeline.
- Familiarity with Graphql and React framework is a bonus.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Role and Responsibility:-
Reporting and Analytics
• Develops, runs reports to analyze traffic, engagement, conversions
• Performs ad-hoc analyses
• Stays up-to-date with the latest search engine algorithms
• Provides proactive recommendations for optimization
• Executes or coordinates execution of recommendations
• Reports on optimization results, competitive analysis
• Monitors incoming requests for web projects and communicates them to DOWD
• Coordinate the posting and updating of website content marketing team members, ensuring consistency with brand guidelines
• Keeps project management portfolio up-to-date and on time with priorities and deadlines
• Assists the sales/operations team in communication on web team performance and project priorities with marketing team members and collaborators
• Identify necessary content modifications, additions, deletions and implementing approved digital enhancements
• Provides testing to web development team with provided scripts
• Assist web development team in project coordination to a meet stated deadlines.
• Verify compatibility within all browsers and across mobile devices.
• Perform image manipulation tasks such as creating thumbnails, image resize, file format conversion and simple image edits.
• Create and maintain multimedia, including photo galleries, slideshows, and videos embedded in Web pages.
Research and Recommend
• Keeps current on trends in digital marketing
• Is always looking for ways to improve the UX through clever use of tools, trends, or resources
• Thinks about ways to leverage existing tools and third-party vendors to achieve new results
• Supports all recommendations with data points and research
• Maintain file system integrity through scheduled review
• Maintains all critical project documents as needed
• BE/BA/BSc degree preferably in Marketing, Information Technology, or related area.
• Minimum two years relevant experience within web marketing, design and/or website development and experience with desktop systems required, including web applications and graphic design software.
• Knowledge of web analytics programs and monitoring systems including Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst or Web Trends.
• Applicant must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of web authoring software including Dreamweaver.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator for the creation, production and manipulation of graphics for the Web. Understanding of Standards-based, HTML5, HTML, CSS coding required.
• Experience with server-side technologies a plus.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills as well as interpersonal communication, writing and telephone skills.
• Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously and effectively.
• Ability to work independently, expedite tasks and meet deadlines.
Experience Required - 2 years to 6 years
Salary -60 to 70k
Location -A-45 Atrium of Quark city Mohali
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of
data between the server and the users.
CSS3-Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
-A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- 8+ years of industry work experience
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Full stack experience designing and building scalable applications from end-to-end
- Strong proficiency in React (hooks knowledge is plus)
- Strong proficiency in Nodejs
- Good HTML5 / CSS3 skills with expertise on responsive web design
- Must have Design and development experience in Micro services using NodeJS and TypeScript
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, mongoose, aggregation framework and Redis
- Experience with Web sockets and related frameworks (e.g. Socket.IO)
- Experience in using and developing GraphQL APIs
- Experience in performance tuning
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN.
- Open minded to take up any challenge, research and provide solutions Great attention to detail
- Testing libraries – jest, testing-library is plus
- TDD / BDD experience is plus
- Experience with AWS, K8S, CI/CD is plus
- Familiar with SDLC methodologies like SCRUM, AGILE, Continuous Integration
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design – Analyze, design & document the system / solution based on the business needs which is scalable, resilient and maintainable with low overhead for both client and server side
- Problem solving – Solve the challenges and problems faced by team by guiding and team with best practices
- Coordinate - Communicate system requirements to developers; explain system structure to them and provide assistance
- Code Reviews – Perform code reviews
- Planning – Plan and assign tasks to team members
- Responsible for design and architecture of functional prototypes and production-ready systems
- Uses open-source frameworks as appropriate Django Preferred
- Python development to support middleware for REST API
- Communicate technical concepts with trade-offs, risks, and benefits
- Evaluate and resolve product-related issues
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted Python.
- Good understanding of REST API's and experience in building them.
- Experience on asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, databases.
3-5 years of experience with product development in Python & Angular/React JS.
Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
Experience in designing scalable architecture to support a data-intensive application on both front-end and backend
Experience in writing clean reusable react components which works well on different browsers and different devices
Excellent verbal and written skills. The ability to explain sophisticated architectures to engineers, product managers, and support & operation executives. You should also be able to write a proposal for your idea/solutions and take feedback from the team.
Previous work experience at a product-based company or startup would be a bonus.
Previous experience in analyzing & visualizing events/streaming data will be a plus.
Previous experience in creating dashboards is preferable too.
PERSONALY TRAITS WE REALLY ADMIRE
Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
Pays great attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
Gives equal importance to planning, coding, code reviews, documentation, and testing.
Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspective to help us move towards our goals faster.
Follows release cycles and absolute commitment to deadlines.
Our tech stack is Django framework (python), ReactJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, COSMOS DB, and Elasticsearch.
We are looking for a full stack developer to produce scalable software solutions.
As a full stack developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Degree in Computer Science.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Reporting directly to the Founder
The job requires a great deal of responsibility early on, but we're working on something exciting and there's lots of opportunity of growth and learning.
The job is full-time, remotely based, and with flexible hours.