We are hiring for a Lead DevOps Engineer in Cloud domain with hands on experience in Azure / GCP.
- Expertise in managing Cloud / VMWare resources and good exposure on Dockers/Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of operating systems( Unix, Linux, IBM AIX)
- Experience in installation, configuration and managing apache webserver, Tomcat/Jboss
- Good understanding of JVM, troubleshooting and performance tuning through thread dump and log analysis
-Strong expertise in Dev Ops tools:
- Deployment (Chef/Puppet/Ansible /Nebula/Nolio)
- SCM (TFS, GIT, ClearCase)
- Build tools (Ant,Maven, Make, Gradle)
- Artifact repositories (Nexes, JFrog ArtiFactory)
- CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity),
- Experienced in scripting languages: Python, Ant, Bash and Shell
What will be required of you?
- Responsible for implementation and support of application/web server infrastructure for complex business applications
- Server configuration management, release management, deployments, automation & troubleshooting
- Set-up and configure Development, Staging, UAT and Production server environment for projects and install/configure all dependencies using the industry best practices
- Manage Code Repositories
- Manage, Document, Control and Innovate Development and Release procedure.
- Configure automated deployment on multiple environment
- Hands-on working experience of Azure or GCP.
- Knowledge Transfer the implementation to support team and until such time support any production issues
• Previously help a DevOps Engineer or System Engineer role
• 4+ years of production Linux system admin experience in high traffic environment
• 1+ years of experience with Amazon AWS and related services (instances, ELB,
EBS, S3, etc.) and abstractions on top of AWS.
• Strong understanding of network fundamentals, IP and related services (DNS, VPN, firewalls, etc.) and
• Experience in running Docker and Kubernetes clusters in production.
• Love automating mundane tasks and make developers life easy
• Must be able to code in, at a minimum, Python (or Ruby) and Bash.
• Non-trivial production experience with Saltstack and/or Puppet, Composer,Jenkins, GIT
• Agile software development best practices - continuous integration, releases,branches, etc.
• Experience with modern monitoring tools; capacity planning.
• Some experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Node.js, and PHP is a plus.
• Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player with a sense of humor
Experience in managing CI/CD using Jenkins.
• Support software build and release efforts:
• Create, set up, and maintain builds
• Review build results and resolve build problems
• Create and Maintain build servers
• Plan, manage, and control product releases
• Validate, archive, and escrow product releases
• Maintain and administer configuration management tools, including source control, defect management, project management, and other systems.
• Develop scripts and programs to automate process and integrate tools.
• Resolve help desk requests from worldwide product development staff.
• Participate in team and process improvement projects.
• Interact with product development teams to plan and implement tool and build improvements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
While the job description describes what is anticipated as the requirements of the position, the job requirements are subject to change based upon any changing needs and requirements of the business.
• TFS 2017 vNext Builds or AzureDevOps Builds Process
• Must to have PowerShell 3.0+ Scripting knowledge
• Exposure on Build Tools like MSbuild, NANT, XCode.
• Exposure on Creating and Maintaining vCenter/VMware vSphere 6.5
• Hands On experiences on above Win2k12 OS and basic info on MacOS
• Good to have Shell or Batch Script (optional)
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
• Bachelors Degree in a related discipline is strongly preferred
• 3 or more years experience with Software Configuration Management tools, concepts, and processes.
• Exposure to Source control systems such as TFS, GIT, or Subversion (Optional)
• Familiarity with object-oriented concepts and programming in C# and Power Shell Scripting.
• Experience working on AzureDevOps Builds or vNext Builds or Jenkins Builds
• Experience working with developers to resolve development issues related to source control systems.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs in web and mobile apps & assist Sr DevOps to manage infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
As a DevOps, you will work in a Kubernetes based microservices environment.
Experience in Microsoft Azure cloud and Kubernetes is preferred, not mandatory.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly.
- Detect and track software defects and inconsistencies
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Handle code deployments in all environments
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve
- Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects
- Manage CI and CD tools with team
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Provide support and documentation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 2+ years if DevOps
- Have experience in SaaS infrastructure development and Web Apps
- Experience in delivering microservices at scale; designing microservices solutions
- Proven Cloud experience/delivery of applications on Azure
- Proficient in configuration Management tools such as Ansible or any of Terraform Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc
- Hands-on experience in Networking/network configuration, Application performance monitoring, Container performance, and security.
- Understanding of Kubernetes, Python along with scripting languages like bash/shell
- Good to have experience in Linux internals, Linux packaging, Release Engineering (Branching, versioning, tagging), Artifact repository, Artifactory, Nexus, and CI/CD tooling (Concourse CI, Travis, Jenkins)
- Must be a proactive person
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- An ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with a creative approach to work.
- An intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
What You'll Do
Are you the one? Quick self-discovery test:
- Love for the cloud: When was the last time your dinner entailed an act on “How would ‘Jerry Seinfeld’ pitch Cloud platform & products to this prospect” and your friend did the ‘Sheldon’ version of the same thing.
- Passion: When was the last time you went to a remote gas station while on vacation and ended up helping the gas station owner saasify his 7 gas stations across other geographies.
- Compassion for customers: You listen more than you speak. When you do speak, people feel the need to listen.
- Humor for life: When was the last time you told a concerned CEO, ‘If Elon Musk can attempt to take humanity to Mars, why can’t we take your business to run on the cloud?
Your bucket of undertakings:
This position will be responsible to consult with clients and propose architectural solutions to help move & improve infra from on-premise to cloud or help optimize cloud spend from one public cloud to the other.
- Be the first one to experiment on new-age cloud offerings, help define the best practice as a thought leader for cloud, automation & Dev-Ops, be a solution visionary and technology expert across multiple channels.
- Continually augment skills and learn new tech as the technology and client needs evolve
- Use your experience in the Google cloud platform, AWS, or Microsoft Azure to build hybrid-cloud solutions for customers.
- Provide leadership to project teams, and facilitate the definition of project deliverables around core Cloud-based technology and methods.
- Define tracking mechanisms and ensure IT standards and methodology are met; deliver quality results.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code, and other artifacts
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in the google cloud platform
- Security, Risk, and Compliance - Advise customers on best practices around access management, network setup, regulatory compliance, and related areas.
- Passionate, persuasive, articulate Cloud professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility
- Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
- Strong service attitude and a commitment to quality.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Confident working with others to inspire a high-quality standard.
- 4-8 years experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
- Experience with Linux systems and/OR Windows servers
- Specialize in one or two cloud deployment platforms: AWS, GCP
- Hands on experience with AWS services (EKS, ECS, EC2, VPC, RDS, Lambda, GKE, Compute Engine, API Gateway, AppSync and ServiceMesh)
- Experience in one or more scripting language-Python, Bash
- Good understanding of Apache Web Server, Nginx, MySQL, MongoDB, Nagios
- Logging and Monitoring tools (ELK, Stackdriver, CloudWatch)
- DevOps Technologies (AWS DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Maven)
- Knowledge on Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Packer
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Is Education overrated? Yes. We believe so. However there is no way to locate you otherwise. So unfortunately we might have to look for a Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering from a reputed institute or you should be programming from 12. And the latter is better. We will find you faster if you specify the latter in some manner. Not just degree, but we are not too thrilled by tech certifications too ... :)
- To reiterate: Passion to tech-awesome, insatiable desire to learn the latest of the new-age cloud tech, highly analytical aptitude and a strong ‘desire to deliver’ outlives those fancy degrees!
- 3-8 years of experience with hands-on experience in Cloud Computing (AWS/GCP) and IT operational experience in a global enterprise environment.
- Good analytical, communication, problem solving, and learning skills.
- Knowledge on programming against cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform and lean development methodologies.
● Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions.
● Responsible for achieving automation & orchestration of tools(Puppet/Chef)
● Monitoring the product's security & health(Datadog/Newrelic)
● Managing and Maintaining databases(Mongo & Postgres)
● Automating Infrastructure using AWS services like CloudFormation
● Participating in Infrastructure Security Audits
● Migrating to Container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes)
● Should be able to work on serverless concepts (AWS Lambda)
● Should be able to work with AWS services like EC2, S3, Cloud-formation, EKS, IAM, RDS, ..etc
What you bring:
● Problem-solving skills that enable you to identify the best solutions.
● Team collaboration and flexibility at work.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills that will help in presenting complex ideas
● an accessible and engaging way.
● Ability to choose the best tools and technologies which best fits the business needs.
● Dynamic, diverse, inclusive startup environment driven by transparency and velocity
● Bright, open, sunny working environment and collaborative office space
● Convenient office locations in Redwood City, Hyderabad and Bangalore tech hubs
● Competitive salaries and company equity, and a focus on developing world class talent operations
● Comprehensive health insurance available (medical) for you and your family
● Unlimited leaves with manager approval and a 3 month paid sabbatical after 3 years of service
● CEO moonshots projects with cash awards every quarter
● Upskilling and learning support including via paid conferences, online courses, and certifications
● Every month Rupees 2,500 will be credited to Sudexo meal card
We are looking for a DevOps Architect who will be a part of a diverse software development team. The team will be responsible for building and maintaining multiple environments. He/ She will bring cloud management and sysadmin skills for application deployment and management while assisting in the automation of the end-to-end deployment process. He/ She should be passionate about trying hands on newer technologies and software methodologies. At the same time, he/she needs to have broad experience with build and deployment software and a level-headed approach to problem-solving.
• Execution of automation architecture, which involves service automation, automation of application build and monitoring services and databases
• Supporting various metrics and reporting requirements
• Implementing security features across automation pipeline including SSL certificates
• Maintaining access controls across all environments along with auditing any access breaches
• Providing day to day work allocation and strong leadership and team management
• Build and maintain infrastructure that utilizes public as well as on-prem cloud
• Collaborate with customers on the design of the end to end solution
• Lead deployment of projects and act as a point of escalation to help resolve any issues
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, engineers, and support
• Coach and mentor team members and guide on technical challenges
• Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
• Good knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google Cloud IaaS (AMI, Pricing Model, VPC, Subnets, etc.) and AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Security best practices
• Strong working knowledge of infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and Chef
• Manage the CI/CD Pipeline and help with release automation and deployment
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is mandatory, Docker Swarm/Container clustering will be a plus
• Write software and scripts to automate tasks, gather metrics
• Solid understanding, including advanced troubleshooting skills of a Linux distribution
• Knowledge of tools like Jenkins/TravisCI/Bamboo/GitLab CI is required
• Knowledge of SCM tools like Git/GitHub/Bitbucket/GitLab is required
• In-depth knowledge of databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
• Experience using monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch, etc.
• Should have knowledge on writing scripts for automation using Shell/Python/Perl
• Good understanding of RESTful web services.
Good to have:
• Passion for writing great, simple, clean, and efficient code
• Should be a fast learner and have excellent problem-solving capabilities
• Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in working with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
• Should be able to independently design and build components for the automation platform
• Should assist in the maintenance of the tools and troubleshooting the issues
Why should you join Opcito?
We are a dynamic start-up that believes in designing transformation solutions for our customers with our ability in unifying quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness at any scale. Our core work culture focuses on adding material value to client products by leveraging best practices in DevOps like continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automation, coupled with disruptive technologies like cloud, containers, serverless computing, and microservice-based architectures. Here are some of the perks of working with Opcito:
• Outstanding career development and learning opportunities
• Competitive compensation depending on experience and skill
• Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
• Flexible working schedule
• Corporate and social event.