• Responsible for developing and maintaining applications with PySpark
We are looking for a Head of AI/ML to lead our data science research team and build innovative ML-powered applications. As a Head of AI/ML at Tvarit, you will have the opportunity to grow as a researcher and to steer the company’s overall artificial intelligence efforts, creating a more formal path for ML experimentation, development, and product realization. By collaborating with other leaders in engineering, product and design, you will align product needs with new areas of research and innovation that support ML efforts across the company, both in the near-term and long-term.
Key work responsibilities
Provide leadership to a team of 5+ data scientists and engineers within our center of excellence for AI & ML.
Identify and translate business needs into clearly scoped data science projects and take a hands-on approach to steer solution design and implementation.
Help build world-class products to secure the company’s unique position in the market.
Create a vision and a strategic roadmap of AI & ML within the company including the strategy to secure patents for the company.
Plan and prioritize research activities across the data team with a results-focused approach
Build a team of ML and data science researchers through effective hiring and mentoring with a focus on cultivating talent and instilling data-driven values in a fast-paced environment.
Collaborate with engineering, product, design, and business leaders to ensure that work is aligned with the company’s mission and goals
Carry out AI research with world's renowned professors from Tvarit's partner universities such as IITs, TU Darmstadt, TU Munich, and Stanford
Ph.D. or MSc in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Computer Science, or Engineering
Successful track record building Machine Learning / Statistical Models. 5+ years experience preferred
Extensive 2+ years of experience preferred experience managing and developing a team of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
Proven track record writing production-grade ML applications in Python. Proficient using SQL.
Deep understanding of advanced ML concepts (e.g. Deep Learning, Bayesian statistics).
Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum & Kanban and proficiency in using project management tools. Jira preferred.
Experience in fast-growing data-driven startups.
Experience with ideation and innovation of technology at scale, successfully producing intelligent software products and features within strict timelines.
Experience with production-ready systems for Machine Learning (e.g. Feature Storage).
A desire to keep up with the field by attending or publishing at relevant conferences (ICML, NeurIPS, ACL, EMNLP, KDD, AAAI, ICLR, CVPR etc.)
Data & Technology -This function is an Analytics, Technology, and consulting group supporting the buying & campaign delivery teams. We combine Adtech and Martech platform strategy with data science & data engineering expertise, helping our clients make advertising work better for people.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for personal and professional growth and to contribute to a high-performance team, focused on continuous learning, rigorous best practice and achieving high levels of customer service. The role requires a top-class candidate with excellent numeracy and proven analytics problem-solving skills to join our high energy, entrepreneurial team.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Analytics Director.
3 best things about the job:
- Be a member of a high performing team focused on technology, data, partners and platforms, a key strategic growth area for GroupM and WPP.
- Work in an environment that promotes freedom, flexibility, empowerment, and diverse working styles to solve real business problems.
- The opportunity to learn & collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders across all GroupM agencies & business units.
Measures of success –
In three months:
- Gain an in depth understanding of the media landscape, be trained on the various media buying platforms specifically, data & analytics databases and tools and understand how GMS business operates
- Lead and roll out various analytics and attribution frameworks and best practices for campaign measurement
- Develop proficiency in clean room analytics such as ADH, Infosum, Liveramp etc.
- Develop relationships and earn trust with your own team
In six months:
- Working with the campaign delivery teams to deliver high value, in-depth analytics, and attribution including client site analytics, channel analytics, automated where possible. Part of this will be to ensure that prior to the campaign all tracking and assets are in place as required by the briefing, then monitoring throughout the campaign that data is being collected.
- Help develop standard and where possible automated advanced clean room analytics solutions that can be scaled across all agencies.
- Perform active stakeholder management to continue to evolve these analytics solutions as per the priority requirements.
In twelve months:
- Work with the APAC GMS teams to ensure the local and regional data analytics solutions are aligned and local needs are strongly represented at the regional / global level
- Develop proficiency in measurement frameworks in a post cookie era, leading experiments for measuring campaign delivery, brand health and marketing effectives / ROI.
- Be an expert in data and lead bespoke insight analytics work as the demand and function continues to grow – i.e. answering complex business problems posed by our clients, providing thought leadership in defining measurement strategies, etc.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Provide digital campaign analytics – including campaign delivery, measurement, and attribution
- Client site analytics – e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Client channel analytics – e.g., social listening, ecommerce – shopalyst, pre-post purchase analytics, pricing benchmarks
- Create omni(digital)-channel measurement strategies for performance reporting
- Deploy data-driven attribution models to support campaign optimisation
- Develop and roll out frameworks around various attribution models
- Create a leading analytics solution suite leveraging media / neutral data clean rooms
- Foster a community of data analytics practitioners for knowledge sharing and growing expertise
What you will need:
- Min 4 –5 years’ experience working within an analytical role
- Prior experience within a digital media role is highly desirable, particularly search, social and programmatic
- A degree in a quantitative field (e.g. economics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, etc.)
- Proficiency in Excel (including but not limited to VLOOKUP’s, arrays, pivot tables, conditional and nested formulas, VBA/macros)
- Experience with SQL/ Big Query/GMP tech stack / Clean rooms such as ADH
- Hands-on experience on BI/Visual Analytics Tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Knowledge or hands-on experience on analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Data Studio, Adobe Analytics, MMP such as Firebase, Appsflyer, Kochava etc.
- Evidence of technical comfort and good understanding of internet functionality desirable
- Analytical pedigree - evidence of having approached problems from a mathematical perspective and working through to a solution in a logical way
- Proactive and results-oriented
- A positive, can-do attitude with a thirst to continually learn new things
- An ability to work independently and collaboratively with a wide range of teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An interest in media, advertising and marketing
More about GroupM
GroupM - GroupM leads and shapes media markets by delivering performance enhancing media products and services, powered by data and technology. Our global network agencies and businesses enable our people to work collaboratively across borders with the best in class, providing them the opportunity to accelerate their progress and development. We are not limited by teams or geographies; our scale and diverse range of clients lets us be more adventurous with our business and talent. We give our talent the space, support and tools to innovate and grow.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMAPAC on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
2020 brought opportunities for brands to innovate because of which we saw an evolving media stack. The growth of digital is set to soar high because of changing consumer habits. With approximately 500 million smartphone users, low-priced data plans, 45 to 50 million e-commerce shoppers, approximately 60 OTT offerings and a young population, India is a mobile-first internet market. It is also one of the top 10 ad spend markets in the world and is set to climb the ranks. Global big tech corporations have made considerable investments in top e-commerce/retail ventures and Indian start-ups, blurring the lines between social media, e-commerce and mobile payments, resulting in disruption on an unimaginable scale.
At GroupM India, there’s never a dull moment between juggling client requests, managing vendor partners and having fun with your team. We believe in tackling challenges head-on and getting things done.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.
- Graduate+ in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Total experience of 5+ years with at least 2 years in managing data quality for high scale data platforms.
- Good knowledge of SQL querying.
- Strong skill in analysing data and uncovering patterns using SQL or Python.
- Excellent understanding of data warehouse/big data concepts such data extraction, data transformation, data loading (ETL process).
- Strong background in automation and building automated testing frameworks for data ingestion and transformation jobs.
- Experience in big data technologies a big plus.
- Experience in machine learning, especially in data quality applications a big plus.
- Experience in building data quality automation frameworks a big plus.
- Strong experience working with an Agile development team with rapid iterations.
- Very strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly understand business rules.
- Ability to work well with others in a geographically distributed team.
- Keen observation skills to analyse data, highly detail oriented.
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution.
- Able to identify stakeholders, build relationships, and influence others to get work done.
- Self-directed and self-motivated individual who takes complete ownership of the product and its outcome.
At-least 1 year of Python, Spark, SQL, data engineering experience
Primary Skillset: PySpark, Scala/Python/Spark, Azure Synapse, S3, RedShift/Snowflake
Relevant Experience: Legacy ETL job Migration to AWS Glue / Python & Spark combination
Reverse engineer the existing/legacy ETL jobs
Create the workflow diagrams and review the logic diagrams with Tech Leads
Write equivalent logic in Python & Spark
Unit test the Glue jobs and certify the data loads before passing to system testing
Follow the best practices, enable appropriate audit & control mechanism
Analytically skillful, identify the root causes quickly and efficiently debug issues
Take ownership of the deliverables and support the deployments
Create data pipelines for data integration into Cloud stacks eg. Azure Synapse
Code data processing jobs in Azure Synapse Analytics, Python, and Spark
Experience in dealing with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data in batch and real-time environments.
Should be able to process .json, .parquet and .avro files
Tier1/2 candidates from IIT/NIT/IIITs
However, relevant experience, learning attitude takes precedence
- Overall 3 to 5 years of experience in designing and implementing complex large scale Software.
- Good in Python is must.
- Experience in Apache Spark, Scala, Java and Delta Lake
- Experience in designing and implementing templated ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Expert level experience in Data Pipeline Orchestrationusing Apache Airflow for large scale production deployment
- Experience in visualizing data from various tasks in the data pipeline using Apache Zeppelin/Plotly or any other visualization library.
- Log management and log monitoring using ELK/Grafana
- Git Hub Integration
Technology Stack: Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Python, AWS, EC2, S3, Kubernetes, ELK, Grafana , Apache Arrow, Java
Ideal candidates should have technical experience in migrations and the ability to help customers get value from Datametica's tools and accelerators.
Experience : 7+ years
Location : Pune / Hyderabad
- Drive and participate in requirements gathering workshops, estimation discussions, design meetings and status review meetings
- Participate and contribute in Solution Design and Solution Architecture for implementing Big Data Projects on-premise and on cloud
- Technical Hands on experience in design, coding, development and managing Large Hadoop implementation
- Proficient in SQL, Hive, PIG, Spark SQL, Shell Scripting, Kafka, Flume, Scoop with large Big Data and Data Warehousing projects with either Java, Python or Scala based Hadoop programming background
- Proficient with various development methodologies like waterfall, agile/scrum and iterative
- Good Interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills for US and UK based clients
A global Leader in the Data Warehouse Migration and Modernization to the Cloud, we empower businesses by migrating their Data/Workload/ETL/Analytics to the Cloud by leveraging Automation.
We have expertise in transforming legacy Teradata, Oracle, Hadoop, Netezza, Vertica, Greenplum along with ETLs like Informatica, Datastage, AbInitio & others, to cloud-based data warehousing with other capabilities in data engineering, advanced analytics solutions, data management, data lake and cloud optimization.
Datametica is a key partner of the major cloud service providers - Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Snowflake.
We have our own products!
Eagle – Data warehouse Assessment & Migration Planning Product
Raven – Automated Workload Conversion Product
Pelican - Automated Data Validation Product, which helps automate and accelerate data migration to the cloud.
Why join us!
Datametica is a place to innovate, bring new ideas to live and learn new things. We believe in building a culture of innovation, growth and belonging. Our people and their dedication over these years are the key factors in achieving our success.
Benefits we Provide!
Working with Highly Technical and Passionate, mission-driven people
Subsidized Meals & Snacks
Access to various learning tools and programs
Certification Reimbursement Policy
Check out more about us on our website below!
- The Machine & Deep Machine Learning Software Engineer (Expertise in Computer Vision) will be an early member of a growing team with responsibilities for designing and developing highly scalable machine learning solutions that impact many areas of our business.
- The individual in this role will help in the design and development of Neural Network (especially Convolution Neural Networks) & ML solutions based on our reference architecture which is underpinned by big data & cloud technology, micro-service architecture and high performing compute infrastructure.
- Typical daily activities include contributing to all phases of algorithm development including ideation, prototyping, design, and development production implementation.
- An ideal candidate will have a background in software engineering and data science with expertise in machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis tools, and distributed systems.
- Experience in building machine learning applications, and broad knowledge of machine learning APIs, tools, and open-source libraries
- Strong coding skills and fundamentals in data structures, predictive modeling, and big data concepts
- Experience in designing full stack ML solutions in a distributed computing environment
- Experience working with Python, Tensor Flow, Kera’s, Sci-kit, pandas, NumPy, AZURE, AWS GPU
- Excellent communication skills with multiple levels of the organization
- Image CNN, Image processing, MRCNN, FRCNN experience is a must.